10th May 2010

Death Row

first of all, this chapter is a year overdue so I'm real sorry about that lmao, but also I was just going to completely abandon this story however I kind of liked where I was going with this plot so I want to try and carry it on.

updates probably won't be very regular because I have a lot of exams going on at school and I also do extracurricular activities outside of school so my weeks are pretty packed but hopefully it won't take over a year for the next update to come lol

now without further ado, here's the next chapter (at long last)

----

[Edited: 07/09/2018]

It's been almost a whole day since the PI gave me a run down of what his plan was, which was to subsequently extend my jail time but to also "bring justice to the victims and their families" and that karma "was bound to swing by and bite me on the eventually". Let's face it though I was already going to end up dying in this cell, extended jail time or not.

I've been pondering if my partner in crime had been interrogated as well, he probably has unless the lucky bastard was let off. He always had a bigger mouth than me so I wouldn't doubt that the inspector got a lovely mouthful from my said prison-mate. It's a shame, really, I would've paid good money to watch that spectacle.

I check my watch and it reads 14:04. I notice that my personal guard is running a few minutes late from his lunch break to be at his designated post directly outside my cell. Not to worry though, this was something that would happen regularly at the same exact time for the past four years.
While peeling the dead skin off of the tips of my fingers, I hear a pair of heavy feet scrambling towards me before the noise stops and the sound of someone falling into a plastic desk-chair, proudly owned by none other than, you've guessed it, Namjoon, is heard.
I check my watch again, 14:08, slightly earlier than usual. I must say that I'm quite impressed. He'd probably still be chomping his way through a donut around about now-
I spoke too soon. The donut is still in his hand and he's flipping through the daily newspaper. He looks up and catches my eye, I can see the gears in his brain working to think of a snarky remark to blurt out.

He gives me a glare before dropping his gaze back down to his current read, he appears to be full of surprises today. A tight feeling emerges in the pit of my stomach and I'm not looking forward to finding out the cause of it. Although I assume that it has something to do with Namjoon's erratic and unusual behaviour.

A few minutes pass by before Namjoon raises his gaze once again, a look of concern evident on his face and the knotting sensation in my stomach worsens.
"Hey, Kook," he starts, using the nickname that I grew accustomed to overtime, "That guy that came to see you yesterday... He's in the news."
Well that certainly got my attention. I push myself up from the seated position I was previously in on my bed, to walk over to as close to Namjoon as I can get, wrapping my fingers around the chilling metal bars that separate the two of us. He flips the newspaper around to face me while I narrow my eyes to focus on the article, taking in every word.
In bold at the top of the page reads:

WORLD RENOWNED P.I KIM TAEHYUNG TO REVIVE COLD CASE ON BRUTAL MURDERERS JEON JUNGKOOK AND...

I feel myself recoil from the jail bars and trudge backwards before my legs hit the edge of my bed and I sink down onto it.

"Looks like this guy's got a name for himself," Namjoon proclaims, "and it also looks like you got yourself in a bit of a sticky situation, my man."

I growl at the incompetent guard before my mind tumbles into various thoughts concerning the mysterious Kim Taehyung.
He can't be as amazing as people claim him to be, I bet he's never even solved a cold case before - especially one this old. Plus there's no way he'd be able to squeeze any information out of me, he'll probably give in within five minutes of prying into this case anyway. The evidence is long gone now as well, this guys has no chance, right?

I shake my head in attempt to dispell myself of the whirpool of scenarios that have snuck into my head. Falling backwards until I'm laying dowm completely, I heave a great sigh and stare dejectedly at the ceiling. I stay this way for a while, before my muscles relax and I sink into a restless sleep.

----

ahhh finally an update on this crazy story haha I hope you all enjoyed it (and that it was worth the wait!) I apologise that towards the ending it was getting kind of sloppy but it's almost midnight and I only just finished writing it, cut me some slack lol

please make sure to let me know if you liked it by commenting and/or giving it a cheeky subscribe or if you think that I should've abandoned this story a year ago for whatever reason lol

anyway,

until next time!