CHAPTER 2: QUESTIONS

His Last Words

 

 

Sooyoung miss him already; the youthful and childish boyfriend of her. It’s not even a day from the moment he told her that he will away for a few days. She grabs a cup; porcelain cup that Kris gave her back then when he back from China. She then reminisces of how Kris told her that he made that cup in China that Sooyoung choose to not believe his words; because he always exaggerates on everything.

She takes the cup of tea to the balcony; the place that she always spend her most times here; staring at the beautiful night with the beautiful stars. The balcony; were surrounded with flora of each types mostly from the Rosaceae family, covered with white tiles, a rocky chair and a cute little table that she used to put her cup of tea when stargazing.

She reminisces of how her life today. There’s no Kris today for sure and it’s a bit weird today without his voice telling her something that she should do; because even though that Kris always left for family trip, he always calls her by night even though he was tired because to him, Sooyoung voice is not other than his medicine and remedy. But not for today, he isn’t calling her yet. But she still waits, still waiting for the opportunities to hear his loving voice that she always needs to finish her days.

 

This Indestructible Unbreakable
bonds that can never be broken
Our soul is a twin soul (twin soul)
For example,
even if it looks like you’re about to fall from a cliff,
At least know that I won’t let go of your hand …

She immediately ran towards her Samsung brand cell phone in hope to hear Kris’s voice on the other line. She relieved as the picture of the caller shown at the screen, completely made her day.  Her dimples shown as she smiles and she tied her hair into bun quickly before answering the call.

 

“Hello?” A sweet voice appears on the other lane. “Yes hello?” She answers playfully; because she knows that she supposed to say his name. “Hey, what are you doing, dandelion?” He said, performing a smile on his handsome face. “What do you mean dandelion? Should I call you my sweetie pie?” she said, while walking to the balcony. “Okay then, blue rose. How your day? Miss me a lot?” He said. She’s silent, maybe because he was right all along. “Me? Today, I have a good day; the one where it should have a rainbow and a clear blue sky…” Sooyoung stops. She then places her hand to her stomach while performing a smile on her face. “And… you know… our baby was kicking all the times today. It was sure a fascinating moment...” She said. “Our Seol?” He asked. Even though he actually knows what the answer is. “You know… I bet she will take my tan skin.” Sooyoung said. She continues, “I feel bad for her…” “Why are you supposed to feel bad? We were not even living in South Korea that people will says bad things to her if she will have a dark skin” He said. She became quite for a while.

“Are you still there?” He said, he starts to wonder why were Sooyoung became quite all of sudden. “Are you mad, because I was mocking your country?” He asked. “Not really, because it is the truth” she said. “I’m quiet because I want you by my side, in hope to hear this from my side, not in a phone. I want you to be here with me and our baby not just with the stars and a cup of tea. Honestly, I miss you already” She said something from her deepest heart. She stares the stars for a while, being quite. “Stars were gorgeous tonight, I hope you here, I mean it” She continues. “Don’t being too serious, purple lily. I told you I will always be there” He smiled. “You know I am wondering right now…” She said. “What, yellow daisy?” Kris asked. “How many flowers that you know already? I mean, you were calling me with four kinds of flower already, how many that you know? Or don’t tell me you were reading a flower encyclopedia just because of me?” She asked him. “I know thousands, and one of them is you” He said. “Once again you talk cheesy like that I will hang up the phone” She said. Kris smile. He always knows how Sooyoung hate cheesy talk like he always talk gibberish. “Okay avocado” He said.

“What with avocado?”

“I don’t know?”

“You don’t know?”

 “Yes, I don’t know.”

“You said you know thousands flower and now you’re talking about avocado?”

“Urmmm, Yes?”

“You’re talking gibberish already, you’re sleepy, Kris.”

“I am?”

 

“Yes, you are’”

“So….”

“Go to sleep…” Sooyoung said while she is yawning.

“You’re sleepy too…”

“Of course, I am sleepy from the right you said that ultimate cheesy words”

“Then how about I will sing for you songs until you were asleep?”

“Okay then” Sooyoung said while slowly walk to the kitchen, place her cup on the sink and preparing to go to the bed.

“Are you there?” He said

“I am”

“Okay then, I will sing, okay?”

“Yes”

Sooyoung shows a smile before closing her eyes. Sleep next to her is Kris voice, making the night beautiful than ever.

 

***

 

The announcement earlier woke her up to the present. She admits that she is boring here alone with her bodyguard, Taekwoon. This bodyguard of her is a quiet ones, introvert for sure. Her only talkative butler was out there, buying her a chocolate peanut donut for breakfast since she was rushing earlier to the airport. It was her father fault that she was arriving earlier than the schedule mistaking that the plane will depart from the airport at 8.30 a.m but the unexpected came and the plane is actually depart at 10.30 a.m. Yes, she supposed to bid her goodbye to Luhan and her only girl friend, Yuri. Yuri will be angry a lot she thought. Luhan will no exception she thought but this incident not the first time so she thought that Luhan will forgive her. She sighted.

“Taekwoon, do you bore?” She said to the bodyguard. “Yes” he said one word. The latter didn’t even look at her while standing beside her. “Hey, sit down. There will not be a danger situation so sit down” she said, ordering him at once. “Okay miss” He replies, immediately taking a sit next to her. He still looks cool and even chic but he sure is tired with the entire standing things. This is sure a good thing, he thought. Certainly, he will be getting lecture if he was sitting without Summer permission; because he is not permitted to sit during work. All of sudden, Summer takes out an Uno cards and asks him to play with her and of course he takes his cards and play with her.

“What are you doing guys?” The said butler came. Summer immediately took the chocolate peanut donut and latte from the paper bag that he bought. Teakwoon too, without a doubt taking the donut from the bag. Ken takes a look to his watch, realizing that they have an hour left before departing. “Yo” He said, while looking at Summer. “What Yo?” She said, replying with her smile in her face. “I want to play too, guys” He replies. Summer responds by giving him another seven cards that supposed to use during the game. Ken joined the game while sitting on the floor, entirely focused on the game without knowing how many people were looking at them. Ken was always Summer no.1 butler since her middle school days. Their was not that huge but Ken supposedly works as her butler in an early age. So, to both of them it is more to friendship relationship that being a butler-client relationship. Taekwoon on the other hand joins them just 6 weeks ago leaving an awkward situation when he with Summer.

“Do you tell Mark that you buy him birthday present?” Ken said, still focusing on the game. “No, it’s supposed to be a surprised, so I will surely kill you both if you tell him” She said while leaving a glare to Ken and Taekwoon. “Okay miss” They said, simultaneously.

An hour later they departed from the airport. For Summer and Ken, the plane is surely a time to rests. It’s been years that these two were always together taking planes from China to Canada; which is Summer hometown. It’s been a years for them but they admit that they were scared; in the plane without people other than them. So it is good news that Taekwoon will join them with the trip back to Canada.

“The more the better” they thought.

***

He misses her. Yes, he admits it, but, still can’t tell her. He just got a message half hour earlier that she will gone for a week for Canada. He checks his phone, in case of her to reply his message even thought he knows that this girl that he misses always fall asleep in the airplane.

He looks at their conversation again, the tick shown that she not read his message yet. Her conversation stops at the audio that she sends a minute before offline.

IKON Airplaine

She purposely sends the song before her departure; wanting Luhan to thinks same as the lyric in the song. She thought, would he really run to the airport as fast as he can like B.I in the music video? Or would he ignore it?

She’s curious.

Yet, he just sends her a message telling her that he will not listen to the song that she sends; because he know exactly what song that she will send to her.

Luhan decided to go for a walk; forgetting the existence of the cheerful princess. He will continue to miss her if he will be like this along the time he thought.

He hears a familiar husky voice on his left, calling him. He was not in the mood to hang out with people yet he still look at the direction of the voice. He knows her.

It’s Kwon Yuri. ‘Her’ best friend, Summer’s best friend.

“What are you doing?” She shouts at her while waving her hand. Her boyfriend, the school’s jock held her other hand interlocks them. He smiles, taking her girlfriend’s hand while running toward Luhan. From their outfit, he knows that Jaejoong were dragging her all along for doing sports together. Sure, they like sport, both of them.

 “So… jogging together right?” He says while pointing her index finger to both of them. “Right… it’s been while so I am dragging her to the gym today. She really needs an abs” He says still tired from all the running. “Were you my boyfriend? Or a gym instructor” She says while painting from the running. “This kid was dragging me for a week about doing some abs. I began to sick of it seriously. I like sports but…this…” She didn’t get to finish her sentence when he covers with his hands. “Hey, Yul, at least he gets you losing weight until you get this body before right?” Luhan says. Jaejoong nods, a sign of satisfaction and an agreement. “If I did not become your boyfriend, you will be still in your 70s something kg” He said. He was right Luhan thought. It’s all started when Summer were doing bets with Yuri that Yuri will confess to Jaejoong what she felt over him in front of people in cafeteria. It was the first time that Yuri gain her confidences despite people were all saying her ugly with the word fat in it. Summer knows Jaejoong will accept because he once admits to Summer that he loves Yuri but he insists to give his answer that day, living Yuri with critics and misfortune from the jock’s fan girl. Summer actually tell her to confess in front of people because she knows that Yuri will gain hate and misfortune by the fan girls, living Jaejoong with two choices; to ignore, being selfish and lose to the fans, or, protecting her, gives his faith to her and losses the fans.

Fortunately, he chooses the latter.

He held her hand once when she got attacked by the fans, with eggs in their hand. He took her in his embrace, protecting her.

“I have to admit it Lu Han” said Yuri herself. She knows that she in a state of losing. “Okay then, Lu. We’ll have to continue our training here, so good luck man” Said Jaejoong. “Okay then hyung” Lu han said while smiling.

Luhan realized that he now alone. Yes, he’s particularly not alone there; there were a lot of people there; jogging, exercising and cycling but yet he felt lonely.

Obviously, he can’t live without Summer.

 

A month later

It’s been a month and Kris still on his business. Sooyoung began to wander how Kris been since he hadn’t contact her for two weeks. She’s upset for sure; did he have an affair? Did he have a disease? How’s he? Did he eat well? Sleeps well? Honestly, she felt like crazy for waiting for him like this. His family came here day by day insulting her with all the things that she can’t do; she can’t give her daughter a good life since she was poor and they insists to take her but she refuse it. She loves her daughter, her lovely Seol; everyone loves their daughter of course and she knew it now how that feels.

Today, the mother came. Yes, Kris Wu adopted mother; the one that would play evil mother in law in typical Korean drama that she used to watch; the one that have a huge perm hair that looks like a wig, the one that wear a red lipstick that she thinks she’s gorgeous with it and the one who wear a ‘bling-bling’ kind of dresses with an outrageous accessory all on her body. Choi Sooyoung wakes up with the sound of huge knocking at the door. She tried to quickly taking her steps and but still careful enough in her situation; she still a pregnant woman doesn’t she?

That woman slaps her through the face as she open the door. A good way of waking up her she thought. She tried to shout but still can’t; she need to control her rage and temper within few days. 3 days, she thought. She will shout like a crazy woman after 3 days. She will bring a knife if she want to and spitting her so mother in law‘s face.

But then another word came from her huge mouth that she hates so much.

 

MY SON PASSED AWAY!!! MY KRIS WU DIED BECAUSE OF YOU!!!