Chapter 2

Sentimental

Chanyeol awkwardly tried to avoid Kyungsoo the rest of the day. Even though the shorter had been the one to instigate the silent war between them, he looked even more upset that Chanyeol retaliated.

 

Chanyeol was just oblivious to everything. He felt more nervous and sweatier than usual. Just seeing Kyungsoo in a different light, in the light that other people saw them, was making him feel anxious. As if he should be doing something but not knowing what. He has never dated! Never even held a girl’s hand without turning beet red and feeling tears coming out of his eyes.

 

And adding to that anxiety with thoughts about doing the same with Kyungsoo? That people thought he was already doing that with Kyungsoo? His heads going to explode at that rate! Chanyeol feels faint and wonders if he should just head home. His scrawny body can’t handle all of the stress. Was Kyungsoo aware about what their friends thought about them?

 

‘I swear we all thought you guys were dating but were just not ready to go public!’ Baekhyun’s voice rings in his head. ‘We really thought Kyungsoo would be nailing it by now.’

 

Just then he feels a light tap on his shoulder. Chanyeol lets out a small yelp as he turns around.

 

Kyungsoo is standing there and even though he looks like he’s still a bit grumpy he looks a bit concerned too. Chanyeol’s face turns red at his thoughts prior to Kyungsoo’s interruption about said guy.

 

“Are you okay?” Kyungsoo asks in that sweet grumpy voice of his.

 

“Uh yeah, of course, why wouldn’t I be?” Chanyeol yells rather loudly. Kyungsoo moves back from him with a suspicious glance.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“I’m fine,” Chanyeol whines.

 

“Okay then.” Chanyeol looks up surprised. Kyungsoo never usually stops pestering him until he tells him what is wrong even after he pulls the whining card. But Kyungsoo just simply calls out a ‘later’ as he starts walking to his next class.

 

Later?

 

Chanyeol frowns and is about to follow him when Kim Jongin walks over. God, Chanyeol dislikes Jongin. He used to actually idolize him when he first saw him performing for the talent show in freshmen year. His dancing skills nearly brought tears to his eyes. Jongin never really paid real attention to him, even as he always gave high praises and bright smiles. Chanyeol liked to think it was because Jongin was just an aloof guy and that he did that to all people. But that all went out the window when he introduced Kyungsoo to Jongin. The dancer immediately attached himself to Kyungsoo, even going as far to act cute around him. It drives Chanyeol’s mind up to the walls. All feelings evaporated, becoming nothing more than an embarrassing memory.

 

So seeing Jongin actually walking his way, Chanyeol knows what their main topic of discussion is going to be. Jongin never really sought him out for anything else, anyway. Chanyeol’s freshmen year self is still moping about that subtle rejection.

 

“Hey Park,” Jongin says with a hip cocked out and one backpack strap hanging loosely off a shoulder. Chanyeol rolls his eyes.  “Where’s the little one?”

 

“Kyungsoo would actually murder you if he heard that,” Chanyeol deadpans.

 

Jongin chuckles. Loud.

 

“I think I can handle the Do. So what’s wrong with you two? Haven’t seen you two together for like 5 minutes.” Chanyeol opens his mouth to answer but Jongin just continues. “Anyway, I was thinking should I ask Kyungsoo to prom?”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widen and he begins to sputter. “E-excuse me?”

 

“Since you guys are so close and all, and it’s not exactly like you like him, so I thought it’d be best to ask you if not him first. I don’t do well to rejection after all. So what, do you think he’ll say yes?” Jongin asks, rolling back and forth on the balls of his feet. Chanyeol really thinks he is going to punch him.

 

He grips tight on the straps of his bag as he takes a deep breath. He doesn’t know if he should tell Jongin that he already asked Kyungsoo and that he already had said yes. But he sort of wants to see the dejected look on Jongin’s face when Kyungsoo says no to him. Is he a sadist? Possibly. Reserved for s like Kim Jongin only. “I don’t know, man. Look, I have to go. 

 

Chanyeol doesn’t wait for a response as he dashes towards his next class. He grumbles along the way, upset at how he feels that another person is going to ask Kyungsoo to prom. Then he starts thinking maybe a lot of people have thought about asking Kyungsoo to prom. There’s an inkling of something in his chest that makes him a little happy that he got Kyungsoo to go with him rather than all those faceless strangers.

 

And there was that same feeling he felt when Baekhyun had told him apparently a lot of people thought he and Kyungsoo were dating. Underneath all that shock and anxiousness (many many layers of that), Chanyeol somehow felt a sense of belonging. That he and Kyungsoo were exclusive and people wouldn’t approach either with any intention of going farther than being friends.

 

But reality hits Chanyeol that none of those feelings actually matter because they aren’t real. Him and Kyungsoo are not dating. Kyungsoo doesn’t actually have feelings for him.

 

And that goes onto his next thought. Did he have them for Kyungsoo?

 

He likes the way Kyungsoo makes him feel but he doesn’t think he ever thought about them like that. He wouldn’t exactly mind but just staying friends is okay with him too.

 

Big decisions makes Chanyeol antsy. It really doesn’t do well for him if he’s antsy while at school so Chanyeol quickly packs those thoughts away when their professor walks into the classroom.

 


A/N: so iguess this aint a twoshot...lol 

this is a short one sorry ;m; but thank you for the comments and subs!~ <3