ADD ON #1

Wake Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's P.O.V,

"We need to find him Suho! Because in case you have all stopped counting it's been three months since we last seen Jongin and it's been three months that my younger cousin has been sitting in that hospital waiting for someone who understands her to turn up!" Baekhyun howled at the older male before him, Suho looked at his feet in shame, shoulders risking the chance of hitting the floor as guilt overcame him.

"I know how long it's been Baekhyun" Suho had definitely been counting, the thought of each day that passed without finding Jongin and the days that passed where he couldn't bring his pack member back to his mates side kept him up at night, he was so fatigued that he couldn't even count the number of nights he had gone without any sleep, it was more than what the average human could go without and it was getting close to his wolf's limit.

Everyone was in the same state as the two of them were, one of their pack members were missing, it left everyone distraught and restless, unsure of what more they could be doing to find Jongin and too scared to visit Youngji without Jongin there, because Suho had no idea how any of them would explain the fact that while they were all in China the news of you being hit by a car and possibly dying caused Jongin to go missing.

He had run away. Words can get changed and muddled up when they travel along the grape vine, Jongin thought his mate was dead, that soon he would face his end and he would be united with Youngji someplace else soon. But he had left them all behind to do so on his own before they could all realise no one was dead, Youngji was in a coma and would wake up eventually.

And the guilt flowing through Suho with a sickening churn in his stomach is because he couldn’t tell Jongin the truth, because he knew that he has hidden himself some far away to wait until he dies, alone.

“That’s enough you two, arguing like this isn’t going to make Jongin appear any quicker” Xiumin walked into the room the two of them were in, paintings decorated the walls as if there were a child living with them, but upon further inspection, you could squint at the bottom right corner to a see signature.

None other than Kris’ name was planted at the bottom right corner of every photo, he believed he was an artist and everyone kept the mouth shut for the safety of their own tails. Because no one wanted to make Kris angry.

Suho sighed, dragging his fingers through his hair roughly as he collapsed on one of the chairs decorating the room. Baekhyun looked away, snarling as he cast his eyes out an open window, the act caused Xiumin to give a shake of his head, moving to sit down next to Suho.

“At this rate, we have to have searched China at least several times and made just as many other packs angry by going into their territory” Suho muttered, there was a map of China spread out on the table, held down at the corners by coasters that sat on the table but never got used.

The map could hardly be seen through the pins and red strings mapping out just about every nook and cranny of China. There were few pins of to the right side of the map with no string wound around them, areas where the members were currently looking for Kai.

“Luhan’s messaged me, there’s nothing, not a trace in the north east” Kyungsoo entered the room and hopeless sighs followed through as Kyungsoo showed Suho the messages.

“This is hopeless’

“I bet he’s not in China anymore” Kyungsoo growled.

“Guys!” Chanyeol came bursting through the front door, shifting out of his wolf form just in time to reach the living room with a cry.

“I’ve got it!” Chanyeol wheezed, completely wasted as he crawled along the floor until Baekhyun brought him to one of the sofas with the help of Xiumin.

“What have you got Chanyeol?” Suho asked after minutes of just watching the fiery haired male pant and wheeze in exhaustion.

“An idea” Chanyeol muttered and Baekhyun snorted.

“That would be a first” Chanyeol kicked him and Baekhyun growled at him as he sat straight.

“What if Kai isn’t in China anymore?” Chanyeol brought his hands out as if he were telling the others to wait for what was to come next.

“That’s what I just said” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and Chanyeol waved him off.

“What if he’s back in Korea?” Chanyeol finished as the room fell into a stunned realisation.

“That’s what I was trying to say!” Kyungsoo exclaimed, throwing his arms up as he stormed out of the room, shifting and running out of the house to find the others.

“Then that means we would have to go back to Korea” Suho finally spoke, his head nodding unsurely as if he were trying to convince himself of something.

“If we think about it, we’ve turned every rock in China upside down and looked from every tower, he’s not in China. He could be anywhere in the world and we wouldn’t know where to begin” Baekhyun groaned, bring his head to his hands as he began to shake.

“We’ve already started Baekhyun, we’ll go back to Korea, and if he’s not there then that’s two countries down”

“And a lot more to go” Xiumin sighed.

“All we can do is try” Suho concluded, standing up and staring his friends down, one of those silent looks that told them to find some motivation before he slapped it into them.

“We can’t disappoint Youngji” He muttered before walking out of the room to leave them in silence.

“Well ”

------------

“Of course he isn’t going to be in the middle of the city, he wants to die not go shopping you moron” Baekhyun was angry again, it was no surprise, he was in a foul mood every day since Jongin ran off, but he had a point.

“Well, I apologise for thinking it wouldn’t hurt to look everywhere we possibly can Baekhyun” Lay snapped back and Baekhyun snarled at him.

“Baekhyun stop being such an to everyone” Luhan growled and Baekhyun gave another snarl before shoving past Tao.

“Hey! ” Tao muttered as Baekhyun kept walking, ignoring the way he shoved through the younger wolf so aggressively. Kris put a reassuring hand on Tao’s shoulder, giving the younger a short smile when they met eyes and nodded for them to follow Baekhyun.

The centre of the city was busy, something to be expected and something that got under the skin and pricked the nerves of everyone who had obliged to follow Lay to the area. If Baekhyun was honest, even he knew it was a long shot to walk past a café to see Kai sitting their peacefully sipping on a coffee.

But he felt as if he had to avoid Youngji’s house, his home and what could be in there. Baekhyun felt like he would be walking in to find a sight that would give him nightmares for the rest of his life.

“Suho’s calling” Lay muttered and instantly put the phone in his hand to his ear, answering the call with a calm voice.

“I-I see, just stay calm Suho. I know. I know, we’re on our way” The call didn’t last long and Baekhyun’s face paled as he filled with dread and realisation that he was right. Whatever he was returning home to was a sight he didn’t want to set his eyes upon.

“They’ve found Kai, we have to get to the house right now” Lay informed, just making Baekhyun’s gut drop further as they all start moving through the crowd. They found a quiet place behind a shopping centre with a road that trailed off in the direction they needed to go.

They ran with panicked yet equated steps down the road and one by one they shifted. Kris and Lay were the first, Tao followed and Baekhyun did the same in a clumsy state. Luhan raced alongside him with bellowing steps, almost leaping through the air as he ran.

Bae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter