Unexpectedly

Oasis

A.N : a piece of warning pips! This one's rushed, sorry bout that. It's lacking (well, most of my stories are) sorry! I've been so out of it these days...

 

=====

"Taengoo!!!" a rather high pitched squeal resounded throughout the school hallway, making a certain girl flinch at the way her name - nickname rather - sounded. She frantically began thinking as to how to hide or escape from the advancing girl, but all were for naught as she felt arms enveloping her in a back hug, she could only sigh.

 

 

"Hey Jessica" she greeted, voice trembling, she was beyond scared - and there was no reason to - she just is, but she does know that the other girl meant no harm.

 

 

"Where'd you go yesterday? I went to your classroom and Tiff said that you already left, and in a hurry too! Are you cheating on me?!" the other girl - Jessica whined and Taeyeon could almost hear tears about to spill, alarming her.

 

 

"W-What?! Why would I cheat on you when we're not even in a relationship?!" she told the girl as she pried the arms around her, much to the slightly taller girl's dismay.

 

 

"Aw come on Taengoo! The school - heck, maybe even the whole town - knows of our mutual love!" Jessica declared dreamily, making the older cringe.

 

 

"Yah! Don't be delusional! I don't like you! I'm straight okay?" she explained to the brunette who just pouted in response.

 

 

"Yeah right, keep telling yourself that" she replied nonchalantly, making Taeyeon grumble to herself.

 

 

"Heya love birds!" a tall girl appeared by the doorframe of the shortest's classroom.

 

 

"Hey Soo!" the brunette greeted back brightly, waving her hand.

 

 

"Ugh! Who said we're love birds?" Taeyeon mumbled to herself, waking past the tallest, heading to her classroom.

 

 

"You know Sica, I still can't get used of you being so bright" the taller stated, ignoring Taeyeon's grumpiness. They're used to it anyway - it was nothing new.

 

 

"Well, if you wanna see my Ice Princess side you can always leave Taeyeon's circle of friends..." the brunette suggested teasingly, wiggling her eyebrows in the process, making the giant shikshin laugh and ruffle the older girl's hair, earning a huff of annoyance and a reddened slapped hand. "I spent hours on my hair!" she grumbled, fixing her brunette locks, still glaring at Sooyoung who just watched her in amusement as she nursed her victimized hand.

 

 

"But Sica, how can you be so patient in that midget? She always tell you that she's got no romantic feelings whatsoever for you" the taller asked.

 

 

Jessica stopped fixing her hair and just headed to the opened door to take a glimpse of Taeyeon, Sooyoung - who followed her gaze could only shake her head as she saw how in love the brunette was. "I don't know, I mean, she doesn't seem to hate me either, which means that I have a chance" she replied with a shrug.

 

 

"I never thought of you to be this positive" Sooyoung commented wit a smile on her lips.

 

 

"Well, it's Taeyeon we're talking about..."

 

 

=======

 

 

"Taengoo! Let's head home together!" a high pitched voice screamed, causing the remaining occupants of the room turn the heads towards the source and could only shake their heads, pitying their short classmate's fate.

 

 

"I can't Jessica, I have band practice" Taeyeon gave her an excuse after sighing in annoyance.

 

 

Jessica's face fell - making Taeyeon almost take her decision back - "Oh, is that so?" was her reply, now smiling - but the sadness of rejection still on her eyes. "I'll just go with Tiffany and Sooyoung then" she said before turning around.

 

 

Taeyeon could only watch the brunette's disappearing figure. "You're so unlucky" she heard a voice speak beside her, it was her classmate. "To be stuck with the Ice Princess" her cleared, but before Taeyeon could defend the brunette, he was already at the door, waving goodbye.


========

 

 

"Dahyun-ah, don't cry..." Taeyeon cooed the younger girl crying in her arms. She proceeded to rub the girl's back, whispering calming words and occasionally kissing the girl's forehead. however, she was brought to a shock after looking up, seeing Jessica on the bathroom entrance. Taeyeon saw pain in her eyes and she wondered what happened to the brunette. The shorter then followed her sight, landing on the girl in her arms and that was when she just realized what it might look like. She gulped, about to explain but all she saw was the disappearing shadow of the younger.

 

 

She didn't know what to do...Follow her? Or stay with her sister? 

 

 

Yes, her sister - which was of course... obviously misunderstood.

 

=======

 

The next day. Taeyeon kept on glancing behind her, hoping for a certain brunette to pop up.

 

 

"Hey midget! Where's your other half?" Sooyoung asked as she saw Taeyeon walking to her classroom alone.

 

 

"I messed up!" Taeyeon whined, ruffling her raven hair in annoyance.

 

"Whoa whoa, chill!" Sooyoung ordered, utterly confused as to why her bestfriend was acting this way. "Tell me what happened first, and where's Jessica?"

 

 

"I don't know ugh" was the shorter's reply, slumping down her desk.

 

 

"You don't know?" the taller asked,raising a brow because as far as she remembers the two have been inseparable since they started their last year of high school. "Did you do something?" 

 

 

"I didn't and did" she confessed. "She kinda saw me hugging Dahyun and before I knew it she was gone!" she added, frustrated.

 

 

"Oh...that's a problem"

 

 

"Where's the problem in that?" a guy in her class said, standing up. "Taeyeon should be happy because the leech has now been removed" he added merrily, causing Sooyoung's aura to darken, but of course it went unnoticed as her classmates continued saying bad things about her friend.

 

"Yeah yeah, she doesn't even deserve you, that cunning "

 

"Wanna go out with me?"

 

"That girl is the worst anyway"

 

"she'll just do you bad"

 

"That witch-" 

 

 

"Enough" Taeyeon's deep voice resounded through the room, just as Sooyoung was about to talk. Sooyoung turned to her bestfriend, surprise etched on her face as she saw how infuriated the shorter was. Her clutched hand trembling, sending glares towards the offending mouths. She was beyond angry and this was the first time Sooyoung saw this side of her.

 

 

Their classmates quieted down, all taken aback, all now fearing the short raven haired girl.

 

 

Someone then stepped forward, bravely - or rather stupidly stating: "W-Why are you defending her, it's not like you like her. Hah! If only we know, you're also rejoicing over the fact that she's not over you-" that did it, Taeyeon's vision darkened as she took fast, powerful strides toward the guy and forcefully pin him on the wall.

 

 

"Don't you ever talk about her" she hollered. "And don't you ever put words on my mouth, you bastard. You don't know how I feel so shut the up" she warned before shoving the guy to the wall once more and leaving the room and her frightened classmates.

 

 

"You should learn your lesson" Sooyoung finally said, tapping the guy's shoulder. "You're lucky she didn't hit you, that girl's a black belter" she added, earning gasps around her and a paling scared face from the guy.

 

=======

 

A week passed, and still no news from Jessica, driving the short girl crazy and on the edge.

 

 

"Soo! What should I do? What if she doesn't like me anymore?!" she screamed, skhaking her bestfriend back and forth.

 

 

"God! Stop Tae!" the taller retaliated, holding the older in place.

 

 

"She doesn't even spare a glance on me! What to dooo?" she whined again, now her eyes were pooling with tears.

 

 

"Woah, I never thought you like her this much for you to cry over her" was instead Sooyoung's reply.

 

 

"You're not helping!"

 

 

"Valentines is near"

 

 

"I don't care! I have a problem at hand"

 

 

"Idiot, I'm telling you, this is your chance"

 

 

"Huh? What chance?"

 

 

"Well..."

 

 

========

 

Music blared, people jumped up and down intoxicated by the vocalist's voice.

 

 

"And that was our last song for tonight" she announced, earning 'aww' from the crowd. "But, as for my personal request, I'll be singing another song. I'd like to dedicate this to my girlfriend" 

 

 

"Taeyeon noona you're already taken?" a loud voice shouted from the crown, making the vocalist chuckle before replying.

 

 

"Yes" she answered, with a gleam visible on her face while a certain brunette kept her head down, she surely was hurting. "I really love her" Taeyeon said, looking straight into the brunette who was still having her head down. "This is for you, I hope you forgive me..." she added before strumming.

 

 

The familiar tune entered her ears, making her look up almost immediately only to meet gazes with Taeyeon who was smiling towards her, and she returned the action with a tear stained face as she remembered previous events, walking towards the stage.

 

 

Two girls were inside the music room. One with a guitar on her arms, the other a smile on her face.

 

"Will you sing me a song?" the brunette asked the black haired other giddily, making her chuckle.

 

"Sure, what song do you want?" Taeyeon asked, struming random chords.

 

"Hmm, depends on you, something you'll sing to your lover?" she requested with a squeal, while the other just rolled her eyes.

 

"I have this song" Taeyeon said, starting to strum seriously. "It's my favorite" she confessed with a smile so blinding for the other girl.

 

The brunette listened intently. "Oh? I know this one!" she said, "It's my favorite song Taengoo" she added. "I guess we really are destined to be together"

 

"Whatever you say" the older retorted before singing.

 

 

Taeyeon began singing as she watched Jessica make her way towards her.

I've always been a woman with a plan
Always prepared never once to leave it to chance
But it's all unscripted when I'm with you
It seems familiar, yet it all feels so new

 

As Jessica came closer, the band's lead guitarist gave her a microphone. With Taeyeon's reassurance, she started singing the next line, eyes still on the one she loves.

 

All of the sudden I miss you
Thinking about all of the things that we've been through
Oh no it's not that I planned to
But I think it feels like maybe I'm falling for you and me

 

As the chorus came close, the two have been standing face to face, singing to each other  without a care on the world or the crowd's teasing screams and their friends' squeals.

 

Just don't know
Oh were we ever meant to be
Suddenly, oh, you caught me so off guard
We fell in love so unexpectedly, so unexpectedly


I've known you for five years and a day
Never once thought I'd have these words to say
I wanna hold you and kiss you
Til the end of time
And when you're out of sight oh


All of the sudden I miss you
Thinking about all of the things that we've been through
Oh no it's not that I planned to
But I think it feels like maybe I'm falling for you and me


Just don't know
Oh were we ever meant to be
Suddenly, oh, you caught me so off guard
We fell in love so unexpectedly
The one I'm searching for
Was right here all along
Now I see, I see you standing right in front of me
The one I'm searching for
Was right here all along
How did we, we fall in love so unexpectedly
Just don't know
Oh were we ever meant to be
Suddenly, oh, you caught me so off guard
We fell in love so unexpectedly, so unexpectedly
We fell in love so unexpectedly

 

 

"I love you" Taeyeon said as the song ended, catching the brunette off guard.

 

 

"I love you too" she replied before hugging the shorter, only to pull back again. "Wait, you two timer!" she screamed to the poor girl's face who dropped her smile.

 

 

"Huh?" was all she could utter.

 

 

"Don't pretend, i saw you with-" but before she could continue, her lips have been sealed by another and before she could respond, the sensation disappeared.

 

 

Taeyeon chuckled at the shocked face of her girl. "Idiot" she whispered. "That's my sister" before capturing the brunette's lips once more.