Chapter 7

I Wish

Aiba sighed as he pulled a blanket over Jun's sleeping form. His friend has cried himself to sleep and all he could do was to be there to hold him until he fell asleep. Jun didn't talk ever since his request while they were out on the street. When they got to Aiba's place, he just sat on the sofa and stared into space until Nino arrived. Once he saw Nino's face, Jun clung to his brother tightly and broke down in tears.

With a final look at Jun's tear stained face, Aiba closed the door to his bedroom and headed to the kitchen where Nino was waiting. He still has no idea what happened and now that Jun was sleeping, maybe he could get some answers from Nino. He pat Nino's back gently before preparing 2 cups of hot chocolate and handing one to Nino.

"Do I get to know what happened today?" Aiba asked as Nino sighed and rubbed his hands over his face.

"I'm not sure Aiba-chan. The problem is between Jun and Sato-nii. Only the two of them could fix it."

"Okay, I understand." Aiba pouted as he sipped his chocolate. "I just hate seeing Jun like that. He's always been the one comforting me and now that he's hurt I couldn't even do anything about it."

"I know how you feel Masaki, but neither one of us can fix this. All we can do is be there for Jun and support him."

"Will you be alright Kazu? I mean, Oh-chan is your cousin after all. No matter how you look at things..."

"Jun is as much family to me as Sato-nii is. Jun is my brother and nothing will change that."

"Sorry." Aiba sighed and hugged Nino. "I just don't like this."

"Neither do I Masaki. Neither do I."

Aiba stood up and placed his cup on the kitchen sink when the phone rang. Looking at the clock, he wondered who would be calling him this late at night. He already called his friends' parents so it couldn't be them. His Aunt would have called his mobile phone instead.

"Oi! Aibaka! Answer your phone before it wakes Jun up."

"Ah! Sorry." Aiba said as he rushed to answer the phone. "Moshi Moshi?"

"Masamune-kun, it's Sho."

"Sho-kun?" Aiba asked as he tilted his head. "Why are you calling this late? Did something happen?"

"Sorry for disturbing you this late, but I have something important to tell you."

"Ah sou. What is it?"

"Anou, is it possible for me to head over there?"

"Uhm..." Aiba thought hard since he can't actually explain to Sho why Nino and Jun are in his apartment when he's supposed to be in another country. "I think it would be better if I head over to your place instead."

"Oh. Okay. I'll be waiting then." Sho said before he put down the phone. Aiba then sighed and walked back into the kitchen.

"Nino-chan, I'll just go to Sho-chan's apartment for a bit. He says he wants to talk to me but I can't let him see you two here." Aiba sighed and looked at Nino. "I feel like something bad is going to happen."

"It's alright Masaki. I'll be here when you come back." Nino smiled and pat Aiba's head before the taller one sighed and headed out the door.

Aiba can't help but feel uneasy as his feet brought him closer to Sho's door. It's not like Sho to call this late at night. As far as Aiba knew, Sho was and early to bed early to rise kind of person. Before he knew it, Aiba was already in front of Sho's apartment door. He took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. It would seem that Sho was already waiting for him by the door since it only took a few seconds for the door to open and for Sho to pull him into the living room.

"Woah! Sho-kun, what's wrong?" Aiba gasped as Sho practically pushed him onto the couch.

"A...anou...you see...on friday...anou..." Sho mumbled as he paced back and forth in front of Aiba. It was making his head hurt so with a huge sigh, he grabbed onto Sho's arm and pulled him onto the couch beside him.

"Calm down and tell me what's wrong." Aiba asked as he let go of Sho's arm. "I something wrong with friday?"

"No! Well, yes...no...maybe?"

"Do you want me to go home first and just talk to me about it tomorrow when you get your thoughts in order?"

"Sorry, it's just that..." Sho took a deep breath and looked at Aiba seriously. "I have to cancel friday night."

"Eh?" Aiba gasped with wide eyes. "Why?"

"Don't get me wrong Masamune-kun, I would love to go out with you. I was the one who asked you out after all." Sho sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "It's just that, well you must already know about it anyway. Aiba-chan is coming back on fiday and I haven't exactly been a good friend to him before he left so I thought I'd prepare some sort of party for him when he gets back."

"I see." Aiba smiled softly at Sho as the other looked nervous at what he will say. "I understand. I'm sure Masaki will be happy when he gets back. I just have to tell you something."

"Sure. What is it?" Sho asked as he sighed in relief.

"I'm leaving once Masaki returns." Aiba smiled sadly at Sho's surprised expression.
 

*****


I'm leaving once Masaki returns.

That was the only thing on Sho's mind all through the night. He actually doesn't remember much of what happened after that but he was alone in the apartment when he woke up from his shock. He didn't get a wink of sleep as he can still hear Aiba's voice and sad smile.

What was I thinking? Of course he would leave when Masaki comes back. He's just here to look after the apartment while they're gone. Sho thought as he walked towards his desk, not noticing the greetings of Yoko and the other teachers. Why did you even cancel the date Sakurai? You wouldn't be able to take him out once Aiba-chan returns.

"...kun? Sho-kun. Oi! Sho-kun!" Yoko's voice snapped him out of his daze as he blinked confusedly at his surroundings. "What's the matter with you?"

"Eh?" Sho turned to yoko who gasped at the dark circles around his best friend's eyes.

"What the heck happened to you?! Didn't you sleep?" Yoko asked as he motioned for his teaching assistant to get them coffee.

"I cancelled the date with Masamune." Sho said before grabbing Yoko's shoulders tightly and shaking him hard. "I cancelled it to welcome Aiba-chan properly but I forgot that he'll be leaving once Aiba-chan returns. What am I gonna do?!?"

"Sho-kun get a grip!" Yoko said as he pried Sho's hands off of him. "I told you to just go on with the date and have the party for Aiba-chan the day after. Why'd you go and cancel it all of a sudden?"

"Because Aiba-chan is important. I haven't been exactly a good friend to him before he left and I want to make up for it. I thought I could reschedule the date after the party but Masamune is leaving." Sho groaned as he messed up his hair. "He is leaving and I have no f***ing idea what I should do!"

Yoko sighed and whacked Sho on the head before handing him the coffee his assistant gave them. "I just told you what you have to do, baka."

"But--" Sho stopped when he heard Koyama answering the phone.

"Moshi Moshi? Masa-kun? Are you okay? I'm free until 2. Where are you? Okay, I'll be there in a bit." Koyama said before standing up and pulling Shige out the door. "Let's go Shige, Masa-kun's calling for a meeting."

"Meeting? What meeting?" Shige stayed where he is and tilted his head in question.

"Yes. A meeting." Koyama sighed and winked at Shige as he motioned at Sho's direction silently. "Looks like he'll be leaving soon."

"Oh. Okay." Shige nodded and grabbed his coat as they left the room.

"He's calling them Yoko! he really is leaving!" Yoko could only sigh as Sho took hold of his arms and shook him once again. Looks like he'll need to get Sho to calm down before drilling some sense into him.