Chapter 5

I Wish

"Masaki-chan over here!~" Koyama called out as Aiba jogged up to him. "Sorry I had to ask you to come all the way here." 

"It's okay Koyama-sensei. I'm the one who called you so suddenly." Aiba smiled. "Thank you for meeting me." 

"No problem! Let's go inside ne? Shige and the guys are waiting." Koyama smiled brightly as he pulled a bewildered Aiba with him into their family's ramen shop. 

"G-guys?" Aiba stuttered and was surprised at the number of people when they arrived at the shop's celebration area. "Eh?!" 

"Wow!" Kato Shigeaki-sensei, or Shige as Koyama calls him lovingly, gasped before chuckling softly. "Normally I never would've believed what Kei-chan said, but man! You really do look like Masamune-senpai." 

"Well Kato, he is Masamune's nephew." A short guy on the other side of the table said as he kept on looking between Aiba and a laptop. "Take a seat Masaki-chan. Don't mind these fools. They're just surprised that at least you're human and not a lady bug." 

"Koichi senpai!~" Masamune's pouty voice startled Aiba when it came out of the laptop. "When will you guys ever stop teasing me about that incident? Please move the laptop so we could see each other!~" 

"You never change baka." Koichi sighed as he turned the laptop to face Aiba. 

"Masa-ji!~ Help me!~" Aiba whined even before Masamune could even greet him. 

"Woah! You would really pass as my twin!" Masamune laughed while petting a baby tiger in his arms. "Calm down a bit Masaki." 

"B-but Masa-ji! My neighbor that I have a crush on thinks I'm you and he asked me out on a date this friday!" 

"Woah! Um, would you two want to discuss this alone?" The man beside Koichi asked as he got ready to stand up. 

"It's okay Kame-chan." Masamune said as he put down the baby tiger and focused on Aiba. "Now Masaki, just answer me with a yes or a no. Did you or did you not become like this because of a wish you made when you helped an old lady?" 

"Yes." 

"Did you or did you not wish to become older?" 

"Yes." 

"Now, tell me this. Why did you wish to become older?" 

Koyama gasped and almost dropped the tea he was serving when Aiba mumbled his answer. Everyone's attention were directed at him causing him to blush and rush out of the room, forgetting to leave the tea behind. Shige sighed and excused himself from the others before following out the door. 

Masamune cleared his throat and turned his attention back to his nephew. "I didn't hear you Masaki." 

"Because I wanted to date Sakurai Sho-chan." Aiba answered his Uncle and blushed when Kame choked on his gyoza. 

"Now, is Sakurai-san the neighbor who asked you out?" 

"Yes." 

"Then there's your answer!~" Masamune exclaimed and smiled brightly at his nephew. 

"EH?" Aiba tilted his head curiously as Masamune rolled his eyes. 

"The spell will undo itself once your wish is fulfilled. This means you will turn back into the young Masaki the day after your date with Sakurai-san is over. At exactly midnight." 

"B-but, what would happen if he sees you when you get back here from...where are you right now?" 

"Thailand." Masamune answered distractedly as he pondered Aiba's question. "Hmm. That's a good question. By that time he would already think that we're dating ne?" 

"Hai." 

"Masamune-senpai would be in a lot of trouble if Youko-san finds out." Kame said as a calm Koyama and a flushed Shige entered the room. 

"Why don't you...just..." Koyama faltered as everyone, once again, turned their attention to him. "Uhm, tell him the truth?" 

"That's the right thing to do." Shige said after gulping down his tea. "But then again, we wouldn't know how Sakurai-sensei would react. He's always been, how do you put it nicely, high strung?" 

"He's not high strung Shige. He just follows the rules too strictly."

"I...I don't know how to tell him the truth after all the lies I told him." 

"You still have to tell him the truth though Masaki-chan." Koichi said as he patted Aiba's shoulder. "The adult you can't just suddenly disappear after going on a date with him. You would hurt not only him, but you and Masamune as well." 

"There's only one solution." Masamune smiled at everyone. "I'll come back for a short visit on Friday night. Be sure to be back at your apartment by midnight. He'll have to see you transform back and then I'll help you explain to him." 

"Really?" 

"Yes. But after that you have to confess properly and then accept whatever Sakurai-san's decision would be." 

"I understand." Aiba sighed and smiled softly. "Thank you Masa-ji." 

"Send him an e-mail saying that you'll be coming back late on Friday night and you want to see him. Then he'll have a reason to go home with you. Not from your phone since it would look like you're already there." Masamune said as he returned to petting his baby tiger. 
 

*****


"You look positively happy Sho-kun." Yoko said as he he sat on Sho's table during lunch. "Things going well with Aiba-san?" 

"He agreed to go out with me on Friday night." Sho smiled brightly. "I'm bringing him to the new Italian place near the theater." 

"Nice! Planning to do anything else?" Yoko winked at Sho at the implication. 

"No!" Sho stood up in a panic as a scream came from the table beside them when Koyama dropped the soup on Shige's lap. He then looked at Koyama and Shige with wide eyes. "I wouldn't do anything of the sort! I swear!" 

"Wait. Am I missing something here?" Yoko looked very confused as Shige tried his best to dry his pants with the table napkins. 

"Aiba Masamune-san is their friend." Sho sighed as he explained to Yoko before turning back to the two. "I'm really not that kind of person Koyama-sensei." 

"I know Sakurai-sensei. I was just surprised. I didn't mean to overhear your conversation. Sorry." Koyama smiled softly before helping Shige to the toilet to clean up. 

"Woah. Sorry man. I didn't know." Yoko said and smiled sheepishly at the glaring Sho. 

"You know I don't do those things until the other person wants to Yoko." Sho sighed frustratedly before sitting back down. "If Masamune-kun heard those things about me then he wouldn't even think of showing up on Friday." 

"I'm sorry Sho-kun. It will be okay. I think Kei-chan and Shige won't do that. They know how you really are." Yoko said as he tried to calm down his friend. 

"If something bad happens on Friday, you must know that I would blame it all on you." Sho spat out as he stood up and angrily made his way out of the cafeteria. 

Sho still had an hour until his next class so he took his laptop from the faculty room and headed to the school rooftop. He needed to clear his head and calm down before his class starts or he would be horrible to his students. He sat on the bench at the rooftop's shaded area and started checking out his favorite sites. He was in the middle of reading about the latest economical anomaly when he was alerted that he had an e-mail. Wondering who would send him an e-mail in the middle of the day, he bookmarked the site he was reading and clicked on the flashing envelope on the side screen. 

"It's from Aiba-chan!" Sho gasped and immediately read the e-mail. "He's coming back! My Aiba-chan's coming back!" 

Sho laughed as he closed his laptop and ran to the faculty room. He grabbed Yoko and hugged him as he jumped up and down the moment he entered the room. Everyone was looking at them weirdly except for Koyama and Shige who already knew why Sho was acting that way. The two let Sho celebrate as they pacified the bewildered principal and vice-principal. 

"He's coming back Yoko! He's coming back!" 

"Sho-kun calm down!" Yoko gasped out as he wrenched away from Sho's arms. He then bowed apologetically to everyone before pulling Sho out of the room. "What the hell is wrong with you now?!" 

"Nothing's wrong! Everything’s just peachy! Great! Excellent! Wonderfu --" 

"I get it." Yoko sighed as he looked at Sho. "Everything is going well for you. But just a moment ago you can't wait to tear my head off and now you suddenly hug me out of nowhere. What happened?" 

"It's Aiba-chan! He's coming back! I just got his e-mail a few moments ago." 

"That's good then. I'm betting his teachers would be hounding him with make up tests and projects since he left in the middle of the exam period. Poor kid." Yoko chuckled as he pat Sho's shoulder. "When is he coming back?" 

"On Friday! Can't wait! I'll have to prepare his favorite food. I'm sure he'll be craving mabo tofu when he gets back. I'll make Mom's chef prepare it. Then I'll rent the movies we were supposed to watch weeks ago! Then I'll bor --" 

"Sho-kun!" Yoko raised his voice to get his friend's attention. "Aren't you forgetting something?" 

"Eh? I don't think so. I already bought the new video game he was waiting for." 

"Baka!" Yoko whacked Sho on the head before sighing and shaking his head. "You already forgot? You have a dinner date with Aiba-san on friday. You won't have time to prepare everything for Aiba-kun." 

"Oh!" Sho sighed and groaned dejectedly. "I totally forgot." 

"Tsk. Poor Aiba-san. His date forgot about him because of his nephew." Yoko laughed at Sho's glare. "Look, I'm pretty sure Aiba-kun would be too tired from the flight to play with you Sho-kun. So I suggest that you go on with your date with Aiba-san and then you can stay with him at the apartment to wait for Aiba-kun. Okay, its time for class so we better go now before I get more confused about which Aiba I'm talking about." 

"Crap! I forgot which topic I'll be teaching today!" Sho panicked and started for the faculty room. 

"Sho-kun!" Yoko called out before Sho could reach the door. "You should know that I still think you'll be happier if you just accept the fact that you're in love with the nephew and not the uncle." 

"Don't be stupid Yoko." Sho scoffed and entered the room with the words that Yoko said running through his mind. I can't be with Aiba-chan anyway.

 

*****


"Are you sure we can visit Toshi-nii today?" Nino asked as he and Jun approched the Arts building of Ohno's university. "Does he even know that you'll be coming today?" 

"Relax Ninomiya. Satoshi told me I can come visit him anytime. Besides, it's our anniversary so I have every right to surprise him with food." Jun smiled brightly at his brother as they entered Ohno's usual workroom. 

"Eh? Toshi-nii's not here." 

"Maybe he went out for a bit. He told me he'll be here today because he is painting the mural for their festival." 

"Well, you stay here and I'll check to see if he's at the dance studio or the cafeteria. It'll be better if he sees you here in case he gets back before I find him." Nino pat Jun's back with a smile. 

"Thanks Kazu." Jun smiled and hugged his brother. 

"Ugh! Don't go all girly on me Matsumoto!" Nino pulled away and ran out the door as Jun laughed heartily. 

Jun smiled as he looked around the workshop. The room is filled with Ohno's work and he can't help but feel proud about each and every piece. He loves watching Ohno work. He's always so concentrated and focused, unlike his usual spaced out and laid back personality. Out of all the pieces there, one new canvas captured Jun's attention. He walked closer and gasped as he saw his own face painted on the portrait. He has asked Ohno to paint him before but the older always just pat his head and tell him that its not yet time. 

Jun immediately wiped the tears that escaped his eyes and went to set up the small picnic he made. He picked up the basket and was about to lay it down in the middle of the workshop when he heard a crash from the store room. Worried that Ohno had an accident, he immediately opened the door with the picnic basket in hand. The same picnic basket soon ended up on the floor as he ran out of the workshop crying. 

Kazu. I need to find Kazu.