Chapter 3

I Wish

"Oh my...no more...please..." Nino gasped out as he slumped on the couch laughing. "How I wish I was here when that happened."

"It's not funny, Nino-chan." A blushing Aiba huffed and pouted as he placed glasses of juice on the table before sitting on the couch beside Nino. "I thought that it was you and Jun-tan who were at the door. How was I supposed to know that it was Sho-chan?"

"By checking through the peephole?" Jun raised his brow as he sipped his juice. "And since when was it okay for you to be half- in front of us? I surely do not remember ever telling you that was okay. Its common courtesy to be fully clothed when welcoming visitors, for your information."

"Oh c'mon Matsumoto. We've already seen each other's bits eversince we were in middle school. What, with all of those baths and onsen trips together?" Nino smirked at a glaring Jun before grinning at Aiba. "So, what happened."

"He froze up at the door, turned bright red, and muttered something unintelligible before running to his apartment and slamming the door shut." Aiba sighed and sulked further into his seat.

"Oh that was precious!" Nino exclaimed as he continued to laugh harder before freezing and looking at Aiba with wide eyes. "Wait. Since when do use the word unintelligible?"

"Mou~ Stop it Nino-chan!"

"Hmm, very interesting." Jun said as he closed his eyes and Aiba could almost see the wheels in his head turning. "Looks like your Sho-chan is very much interested in Masamune-kun."

"He is?"

"Of course he is baka!" Nino finally calmed down enough and slung his arm on Aiba's shoulders. "He wouldn't have reacted that way if he wasn't."

"So, what should I do now?"

"What do you mean what should you do?!" Nino exclaimed. "You should get close to him of course! You made this wish so you could date him right?"

"Just a reminder though Masa-chan." Jun said seriously as he looked at Aiba. "No matter what age your body is now, you are still technically a minor. Be careful okay?"

"What do you mean Jun-tan?"

Jun sighed and locked eyes with Nino, whose eyes widened once he realized what his brother was insinuating. "What Jun is saying is that, Sakurai-san is an adult and there are things he would want to do with the adult Masamune that he shouldn't do with the minor Masaki."

"Eh? What do you mean?"

"We're talking about things of the ual nature Masaki. It would be fine if you were to stay as an adult but what if you suddenly return to your real self? Do you understand the problem that would cause?"

"O-oh." Aiba blushed and nodded. "I understand. I wouldn't do those things anyway."

"Baka." Nino sighed. "You may not want to do those things but what if Sakurai-san does? What if he asks you out for drinks, which he might actually do since he thinks you're an adult, and you get drunk? You don't know for sure what would happen Masaki. Please be very careful okay?"

"Okay. I promise I'd be careful."
 

*****


It was a bright Sunday morning and Sho greeted it with a huge smile on his face. Sho's sundays are usually spent hanging out with his Aiba-chan, either tutoring him for school or playing at the park, so he's always looking forward for this day to come. He rushed his breakfast and shower to get dressed, only to remember that his Aiba-chan wasn't home. His whole mood took a nosedive as he wore his regular clothes and lay back on his bed. He could not remember when he started paying attention to his clothes when meeting his Aiba-chan nor could he remember when he started calling him his Aiba-chan, but he couldn't be bothered to think about that right now.

Where are you Aiba-chan? Sho sighed and dragged himself to the living room where he had left ungraded test papers on the table. "Maybe I should just get more work done."

He was just about to sit and focus himself on work when he heard a door opening outside, accompanied by someone humming and bouncing a ball. It took him a few seconds before rushing to open the door, thinking that his Aiba-chan has finally returned, only to see a different Aiba closing the door to the apartment. The older Aiba was wearing a white jacket, black track pants, black sneakers, and was holding a soccer ball by his side.

"Ah Sho-kun! Ohayou!" Aiba walked up to him and greeted him with a bright smile.

"O-ohayou Masamune-kun." Sho stuttered as he unconsciously smoothed the front of his shirt. "You play soccer?"

"Oh, just a bit. I learned from a very important friend of mine." Sho almost missed the slight blush the appeared on Aiba's cheeks at the mention of the friend and he felt a twinge inside him that he could not explain. "I actually prefer baseball, but I can't play baseball by myself and there are no batting centers around here. I found a ball in Masaki's room so I decided to play with it for awhile. I didn't know he knew how to play though. I always thought he played basketball."

"I taught him to play whenever we hang out. It's something like our bonding activity aside from the times when I tutor him for school."

"Sugoi! Do you want to play for a bit?"

"Well, actually I have some work left to do so..."

"Oh! Sorry. It's okay. Maybe we can play some other time then?"

Sho took a moment to appreciate Aiba's bright eyes, those that he swears to look a lot like his Aiba-chan's when he was denied something he wants to do, before coming to a decision. "You know what? Let me just change what I'm wearing and then I'll meet you at the park in 10 minutes."

"Eh? But your work..."

"Can wait until later this afternoon. Go on. I'll meet you there." Sho smiled before closing the door and rushing back to his room for a change of clothes.

Amazingly, it took Sho exactly 10 minutes to get to the park's soccer field. He scanned place for Aiba only to stop in his tracks as his breath gets caught in his throat. The man he was looking for had sat himself down in the middle of the field, looking up at the sky, as he watches the clouds fly by. Sho couldn't help but be mesmerized by the sight that greeted him. The bright sunlight lit up Aiba's form as a bright smile shone on his face.

"Sho-kun! Over here!~" Aiba's voice broke Sho's thoughts as he saw the younger man wave at him. A bright smile bloomed on his face and he ran to where the other was.

"Hey!" Sho smiled and sat down beside Aiba. "I thought we're going to play?"

"But the clouds are so nice today! Let’s just watch it a bit more okay?" Sho chuckled and nodded as he and Aiba lay down on the grass.

"Your similarities with Aiba-chan are amazing. It's like you're the same person." Sho laughed and stretched his arms, not noticing the way Aiba tensed up and bit his lip, as he watched a whale shaped cloud float by. "He's always watching clouds whenever we meet up here and we'd end up only playing for 30 minutes before he has to head back home."

"You and Masaki are very close, it seems." Aiba smiled as Sho turned to look at him. "I can tell you think of him whenever we're together."

"I miss him. I couldn't remember the last time I didn't spend a Sunday with him."

"You like him, huh? I can hear it in your voice." Aiba blushed hard and turned back to look at the clouds.

"Aiba-chan...I can't explain it. He's closer than a friend but not really a brother."

"You remind me of a friend of mine. The one who taught me to play soccer. He's older than I am, so he would always be the one who would look after me and Risako-nee." Aiba focused on the clouds as he tried to keep his voice steady, not wanting to let Sho know that Sho was right about who he really was. "We were always together, I can talk to him about everything, and he always makes me happy."

"He sounds like a nice guy." Sho said softly as he fought down the disappointment he was feeling.

"He is a nice guy. A great guy. Maybe...maybe that's why I fell in love with him." Aiba sighed and closed his eyes, not entirely sure why he suddenly confessed for his younger self.

"So, you're together now?"

"No. He was 25 and I was 16 at that time. I didn't want to risk telling him because I'm still...I mean...I was still a minor. I kept on wishing to grow older quickly so I could date him."

"Huh. You had the same ages as Aiba-chan and I."

"Do you think...do you think he would've accepted it if I confessed then?"

"Maybe. I don't know. The only one who can answer that is your friend ne?"

"Yeah." Aiba laughed awkwardly and stood up before facing Sho who was looking at him curiously. "Now c'mon Sakurai. Let's play!~ Whoever wins would get free ice cream!~"

"You're on Aiba!" Sho chuckled as he stood up and successfully stole the ball from his friend.

They spent the whole morning playing soccer or more like goofing around. There were times where Aiba would suddenly grab the ball before Sho managed to kick it, causing Sho to run after him to bring back the ball and tickling him as he tackled him to the ground. Their game ended an hour before lunch time with Sho declared as the winner.

"Here's you ice cream Sho-kun! No fair though! You didn't tell me you were a member of a soccer team." Aiba pouted and pretended that he didn't know as he handed Sho his prize.

"It wasn't that bad. I just won by a point." Sho chuckled as he ate his ice cream. "You make a decent defender, well aside from when you suddenly turn it into a football game. You've been taught well."

"Well, he was a soccer player too." Aiba grinned and watched the children playing on the playground. He was about to ask Sho a question when he heard someone calling his Uncle's name.

"Masamune-kun is that you? Aiba Masamune-kun?"