Seven

Tutoring Sessions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

C H A P T E R  S E V E N


“It looks worse than the last time I've been over,” Wonwoo comments.

“I swear it was clean a few days ago,” Mingyu defends.

“Uh huh.” Not knowing what to do, the shorter male leans against the door frame with crossed arms.

The room looked like a pigsty. Water bottles and snack wrappers were peeking out from under the bed along with inside-out pants and balled up socks. The desk had books strewn all over with papers falling out of the drawers and shorts were hanging over the chair. Shoes were thrown all over the floor and was that chocolate smeared on the carpet?

“I'm sorry. Let's just get changed and hurry out of here,” Mingyu apologizes. He was trying to move open his door but a pile of junk was in front of it. Quickly, he shoves it to the side, returning to his clothes like there was no problem.

“No. At least pick things up first,” Wonwoo tries.

“Aww. You sound like my mom. You must care a lot about me,” Mingyu says sweetly.

“I'm just worried your parents will catch some airborne disease.”

Mingyu rolls his eyes. “Here. Wear this. And… this.”

He tosses a pair of cargo shorts and a navy jumper that would probably be a little oversized on Wonwoo. But hey, at least he would look cute.

“Should I go change in your bathroom?”

“Nah. It's fine. Unless you're shy,” Mingyu teases, wiggling his eyebrows up and down.
Ignoring the younger male, Wonwoo turns around and strips himself of his uniform, throwing the other clothes on afterward. After getting dressed, he looks back at Mingyu who surprisingly, was already changed as well. He didn't even hear him changing.

“Ready to go?” Mingyu was combing his hair in front of the mirror when the two boys made eye contact.

“Yeah. Where we going?” Wonwoo asks.

“To the arcade! I haven't been to the arcade in months,” Mingyu exclaims.

Wonwoo could only nod, turning his attention to his phone while waiting for Mingyu to finish hanging his uniform up. Finally, after a few more minutes, the two set out to the arcade. They had to board the bus but soon, they reached their destination.

“Hey. Let's play and then go eat somewhere else. I'm paying so please be nice to my wallet,” Mingyu playfully explains.

“Honestly, I haven't been here. I think maybe I did one time but usually, I don’t go to these places,” Wonwoo says.

“It’s fun. When Junhui first moved here, my mom always made me bring him with me here even though we never talked because he couldn’t speak that well. But now, we are kind of like best friends,” Mingyu chirps.

They walked into the arcade. It was not too full but still bustling with excitement. Since it was a school night, mostly children and university students were there.

“Let's go play air hockey before someone takes all the tables!”

It was fun. The two enjoyed each other's company and if anything, seeing Wonwoo so light and happy made Mingyu like him a little more. Nothing too big, though. It was just a small crush that you could ignore unlike ones where you're too shy to even talk to them.

“Mingyu, I'm gonna go to the restroom.”

After seeing Mingyu nod (his concentration was on the game of Pacman,) Wonwoo walked to the bathroom on the other side of the building. Seeing the long line for both men and women, he impatiently tapped his foot. Thinking about now, he hadn't peed since this morning… Luckily for guys, it went by faster because all they needed to do was whip it out, pee, and then tuck it back in. Unless they were pooping but that's a whole other story.

Probably ten or fifteen minutes passed but Wonwoo was finally out of there, making his way back to the game where Mingyu was. But he wasn't there or at any of the other games. Wonwoo walked around slowly, passing all the old arcade games and ticket machines. Soon, he found his way into back where the more interactive games were like ping pong, basketball shoots, air hockey and other games were. And sure enough, there was Mingyu, leaning nonchalantly against the basketball game while another male, a good looking one at that, made shots while talking to him.

He didn't know why, but it made Wonwoo annoyed. As in rolling his eyes and wanting to just walk out on the younger boy. Of course he wouldn't, but still. Why was he acting like this? Afterall, he was a pretty calm guy and he didn't even get mad when his friends hung out with their own other friends (well maybe a little jealous but who doesn't?) That's what he didn't understand.

Slowly, he made his way to the unsuspecting boy’s side, not saying a word but watching the other guy attempt to make shots.

“Wonwoo,” Mingyu shouts, surprised at his friend’s sudden appearance. “You scared me.”

“Did I? Wonder why,” he mumbles.

“What did you say? Sorry, I can't hear you,” he says, leaning closer but Wonwoo takes a step back.

“Hah! Told you, Mingyu! I can make more than fifty shots in a minute,” the unknown boys exclaims, turning to the said boy with a delightful smile spread across his face. Noticing the boy standing next to Mingyu, his smile falters a little because little did Wonwoo know, he was giving him such a menacing glare. And since the older boy had sharp features and piercing fox eyes, it made is even more scary.

“Um, are you okay?” Mingyu asks t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter