Six

Tutoring Sessions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C H A P T E R S I X

“Hey, Won!”

“What are you doing here?”

Lunch was over. Wonwoo and a few others were already getting ready for their next class even before the warning bell rang.

“I switched out of my other P.E. class to this one.” Mingyu sits beside Wonwoo and begins to untie his shoes.

“Oh. Why?” Wonwoo was surprised but he did not really care and was only asking to continue the conversation.

Knowing that Wonwoo could care less is what lead Mingyu to reply with, “nothing really.” After that, Mingyu heads to the bathroom stall to take care of business before class.

During their P.E. class, the pair didn't hang out much. For some reason, Wonwoo was oddly distant to the younger. Even though they were on the same team, the two hardly communicated and sometimes it cost them a point. Mingyu let it be, thinking it must be weird to share a class with someone you tutor or a junior. But still, Mingyu was hurt and embarrassed. The junior honestly thought that he and Wonwoo were getting closer and could now be considered friends.

Really, that wasn't the case at all.

All weekend, Wonwoo couldn't get over the fact Mingyu and Jungsoo kissed. They kissed. Jungsoo, a nice guy who fell in love easily, and Mingyu, a naïve boy who seemed to be too innocent to make out with someone at a high-school party.

It's not like he had something against the two kissing because they could kiss whoever they want but something about seeing them like that made him feel queasy. Wrong, almost.

He almost wondered if his drink was spiked or if he ate something with any form of drugs in them.

Mingyu looked good that night.

That was another thing about the party Wonwoo couldn't stop thinking about. The younger looked like he jumped straight out of a magazine or photo shoot. It was almost liked the time Wonwoo found this hypnotic GIF of Seulgi dancing and he could not stop watching it until Vernon mentioned that they looked like siblings.

“Wonwoo.”

“Yeah?” Wonwoo was drying his hair with a towel.

“Can we hang out later?” Mingyu was leaning against the lockers and pulling on his belt loops with his thumbs.

“Sure but aren't we going to anyway for tutoring?” Wonwoo teases.

Sometimes, Mingyu could read Wonwoo's blank face but at the moment, he was unable to. Was Wonwoo annoyed? Obviously, he could not hear the teasing tone in the elder's voice or else he wouldn't be having troublesome thoughts.

Biting his lip, Mingyu mumbles, “yeah but I thought we could hang out as friends.”

This cannot be the Mingyu that made out with a senior last weekend, Wonwoo thought. He was unexplainably adorable, almost like a baby brother, and the elder resisted the urge to coo at the younger.

“We can,” Wonwoo draws out, “but I really want you to focus on your studies for now. It's only going to get harder when you become a senior, trust me.”

“I will, I will. But I really want a break and we're friends, right?”

“I guess not since you weren't so sure,” Wonwoo's pauses, “but I would say we are.”

“Yeah. So… let's hang out later? For an hour and then we can spend another hour actually working. See? It's a great idea!”

Wonwoo ponders over the proposition. As nice as it would be to chill back, he was worried for the younger.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter