Auditions.

A Trainee's Diary

 

Third Person’s POV

 

The next day was the day Sungrin and Luhan were suppose to audition for SM Entertainment. Sungrin was peacefully sleeping on the couch when someone called her phone. Startling her, she fell of the couch with a loud thud.

 

“Ahhh~ Ouch!” She whined as she sat up from the floor grabbing her phone from the coffee table.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” She answered with a hoarse voice.

 

“Well hello to you too sleepy head.” Luhan’s musical voice chimed in from the other line.

 

“What is it Luhan?” She asked a little miffed that she was woken up.

 

“Did you forget? Today’s the SM Entertainment auditions.” Luhan said.

 

“Ani. I didn’t forget. I just don’t want to go.” She said stubbornly.


“Wae? Come! I mean, not everyone could be picked up on the streets by a SM Entertainment talent scout you know.” He said trying to encourage Sungrin to join him in the auditions.

 

“Ani. I made up my mind. I’m sorry Luhan. You’ll have to audition by yourself. Good luck though.” Sungrin said.

 

Then… Complete silence for a few seconds.

 

“Fine. Come and give me confidence then.” Luhan said.

 

“Hmmm. Alright then. Give me a few minutes and I’ll go straight to SM Entertainment to watch you audition, okay? Sounds good?” She asked him.

 

“Yeah. Better come quick!” Luhan said.

 

“Yeah, yeah! I’ll see you there. Bye!” She puts her phone down.

 

She rushes to her room and took clothes from the closet randomly.

 

Sungrin’s POV

 

 I ran towards the unoccupied bathroom and took a quick shower realizing what kind of clothes I took from the closet. I held it up to eye level and rolled my eyes. It was a white shirt with a few strands of cloth hanging on the front and a pair of black shinny jeans with shoelaces as a design in front. A simple shirt and jeans would have been enough for me to wear. After changing my clothes I bid farewell to a very sleepy Dabin, who I woke up right before I left the house.

 

Now I’m standing right outside the building of SM Entertainment with a lot of people lined up waiting for their turn to audition. Most of them had an A4 sized paper with big black numbers on them stuck on to their clothes. I scanned the line for Luhan but I couldn’t see him anywhere. As if on queue, my phone rang. I answered the call that came from Luhan.

 

“Sungrin! Where are you?” He asked.

 

“ I’m here near the entrance of the SM Entertainment building.” I answered his question.

 

“Look for me. I’m wearing black sweats and a cap.” He said.

 

I scanned the line again and I spotted him frowning while holding on to his phone.

 

“I see you! Yah! Don’t frown. It doesn’t suit you.” I said to him.

 

“Great! Could you bring me over some bubble tea?” He used his “sweet” tone on me.

 

I sighed. It worked like aegyo to me. I searched the whole of Apgujong for a place where I could buy some bubble tea. I found a place just behind the building in front of the SM Entertainment building. It was a little homey place, warm and welcoming to all its customers. I rushed up to the counter to wait in line for me to order. After taking my order of bubble tea for Luhan and me I was about to leave when someone bumped into me spilling his drink onto my shirt. I managed not to spill Luhan and my drink.

 

“.” I hissed as I looked down at my now wet shirt.

 

“I’m sorry.” The person said with a bored tone.

 

I looked up and saw a Luhan look-a-like. I had to blink at least thrice to make sure it wasn’t Luhan. He was lean, slender, but more muscular and taller than Luhan. His hair was slightly darker tone of brown than Luhan’s and he was expressionless unlike Luhan who would smile.


“Its okay…” I trailed off. “Aish~ I’m gonna get in trouble with Dabin about the outfit.” I muttered to myself.

 

“Eh? What was that?” The person asked me.

 

“Ani. It was nothing.” I said in a low tone.

 

“Yah! Speak up. I can’t hear you.” He said rudely.

 

I cocked an eyebrow at the person. He didn’t bother much to notice me though and dug through his duffle bag.

 

“Here.” He tossed me a plain black shirt that hit my face.

 

I scoffed at his remark and just stormed off back to where Luhan was standing.

 

“What’s with that sour look?” Luhan asked in Mandarin.

 

“Nothing. I just bumped in to a brat.” I said through my gritted teeth.

 

Luhan looked down from my face to my wet.. And now pink shirt. That jerk earlier didn’t even offer to help me with cleaning up my shirt. 

 

“Uhm… what happened to you?” Luhan asked.

 

“Like I said, I bumped into a brat.” I sneered at him, still irritated with the brat earlier who looked a little bit like Luhan.

 

“I think you better change your shirt.” Luhan said looking away from me.

 

“What? What’s wrong?” I asked him.

 

“You’re shirt is sort of see through.” He muttered.

 

I suddenly felt self-conscious and excused myself. I looked for a toilet for me to be able to change my shirt. When I came out it was almost Luhan’s turn to audition.

 

“Yah.. How’s it going?” I tapped his shoulder.

 

He looked a little bit startled and nervous at the same time.

 

“Uhm… Fine I guess.” He said.

 

“Yah~ Don’t be too nervous, okay? I’m here to back you up.” I gave him an encouraging smile.

 

He smiled back and nodded. God. This person is such a doll.  How can he be 21? He freaking looks like a junior high school student. It was now his turn to audition. I watched him as he first danced for the SM Entertainment talent agents and probably some managers who looked like they were in their mid-thirties. I watched Luhan move his body so fluidly to the song. I was amazed that he could even dance like that with a cool expression on his face. Shortly after he finished off by turning back on the SM Entertainment talent agents.


“Can we hear you sing then?” The lady in the middle said.

 

Luhan faced back at them and nodded. I stared intently at the SM Entertainment talent agents as Luhan sang.

 

(a/n : What he sang in the auditions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm1iai-udK0 He didn’t actually sing it in his auditions. Its just a cover but yeah… you get the idea. :D)

 

The man on the end of the table was writing something on the paper when he suddenly puts his pen down and leaned back to his seat looking at Luhan with interest in his eyes. The next man who was next to him was watching Luhan with a frown on his face. The woman on the middle had a starstruck impression evident on her facial features. The next lady had a blank expression but non-the less she was watching Luhan. And the last person would have been Mr. Lee So Man. The CEO of the whole SM Entertainment Company. And next to him was the SM Entertainment lady who had scouted Luhan and me of the streets of Myeongdong. I noticed that all of the SM Entertainment talent scout had a black folder with pieces of paper inside but Mr. Lee So Man had nothing in front of him and was just talking to the lady who scouted us.

 

His secretary?

 

A most likely answer to my question. After Luhan had sung the Chinese song most of the people who were watching were agape at his performance. Some clapped but most of them just stared at him in awe.

 

“Thank you Luhan-ssi. Please wait for further announcements that will be posted up with in the end of the week here in our Company.” The lady in the middle said.


“Kamsahamnida.” Luhan bowed and walked towards me who was watching from the side of the audition room.

 

“You did great!” I complimented him.

 

He heaved a big sigh before looking at me.

 

“That nervous huh?” I asked him.

 

He just nodded in response.

 

“That’s alright though.” I said encouragingly.

 

He nodded again. “Lets go eat somewhere. I’m hungry.”

 

“Ne~ Where do you want to eat?” I asked him.

 

“I happen to know a great ramen shop near here.” He said with a wide grin on his face.

 

“Sure lets go then.”

 

We walked to the ramen place he was talking about. Turns out that the ramen house he was talking about was just right beside the bubble tea place where I bumped into the brat earlier.  I shrugged at the memory and ordered what I would want to eat. Half way through the meal someone called me on my phone. I looked up at Luhan and he did the same. He gestured me to answer my phone.

 

“Yeboseyo?” I asked in a little irritated voice since I was eating and the phone call sort of interrupted with it.

 

“Hello. Is this Ms. Park Sungrin?” The female voice on the other line asked.

 

“Ne, Wae?”

 

“This is Lee Sangmi from SM Entertainment. We have received your audition videos and application, and we would like you to come to SM Entertainment’s main office as soon as you’re possible. We expect you to come by the end of the week.”

 

My jaw literally dropped as I tried to register what the lady had said through the phone.

 

What audition tape?

 

What application form?

 

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

 

I never freakin’ sent a audition video to SM Entertainment… unless… DABIN.

 

“Hello? Park Sungrin-ssi?”

 

“Ah, ne?”

 

“We’ll be looking forward to your visit. Thank you.” She said.

 

“Ah, ne. Kamsahamnida.” I said and put the phone down next to my bowl of ramen.

 

Luhan was just looking at me with a curious expression on his face telling me,

 

Who was that?

 

What did he/she say?

 

“Uhm. It was Lee Sangmi. She said she was calling from SM Entertainment and was asking me to come in as soon as possible. Didn’t tell me a reason though.” I answered his silent questions.

 

He just nodded, seemingly agreeing. “So? Are you going?”

 

-------

Author’s Note : HEEEY GUYS!  A little cliffhanger hereee~ kekekeke~ Sorry for not updating too much since I have this sort of busy schedule! Please thank Mr. JAY PARK for inspiring me to my next ideas for this fanfic. =)) I saw him earlier and DAMNNNNN THAT BOY IS FINNNNEEEEE! HAHA. Anyway, Comment eh? :D More comments faster updates! ^^