Oppositions

[on hiatus] A New CEO, New Rules

 

 

Chapter 2

Oppositions

 

It was finally time to announce my ‘revolutionary’ and ‘risky’ ideas to the board members and the stock holders. I asked there to be a representative from each group that has debuted under Johnny’s to get their feedback as well. I was guessing that they would be sending in the leaders of each boy band.

I braced myself for the backlash and opposition I would get and started my presentation after looking at my audience for a moment.

When I was done presenting I could hear murmurs between the people and they all sounded negative. I frowned but then put on a stricken smile.

“Any questions or suggestions?” I asked, taking my seat.

“How can you do this? Or manage it? This defeats the purpose of this company.” One of the board members said.

“The purpose of this company is to train and produce idols and entertainers. I don’t see how this defeats its purpose. Could you care to explain?”

Another board member explained in the first one’s place. “This company is known for producing male idols so it definitely messes up the foundation of this company.”

“I see where you are going with this but I think it would expand the company’s borders instead of damaging them.” I tried to argue, I saw Yamaa-san raise his hand half way, asking for permission to speak.

“Did you think about how the company is going to afford this? You would have to build training rooms, shower rooms for females and also produce and buy clothes for the female trainees and whatnot. Did you think about this financially?” He asked and scoffed, “You know that our company recycles junior outfits like no other right?”

I knew that he was a college graduate with an economy major but it seemed like he was out to ridicule me. I on the other hand had of course had thought about this issue.

“Well, then just like you stated our company is known for being the greatest recycler therefore we were able to save loads of money these past years and so that saved money over these years would go into producing female trainees.” I smirked. He shrugged and returned to his work.

“Any other concerns?”

“Well, how are we going to know that these girls are actually the ones who want to debut as an idol or are just some crazy stalker fans?” One of the board members asked.

“That’s what the auditions are for.”I said, “I am not just going to let in pretty kids without any talent hoping for them to get these talents by studying. If they are actually talented that would show that these girls spent their time on training themselves in singing, dancing and even acting and not on fangirling over some pretty men.” I said. I could see some of the idols in the room looking insulted but I could care less about their feelings at the moment.

I could never understand those fangirls and how they can go crazy over a guy that they will never ever meet. Maybe it was because I already knew these guys that they did not interest me anymore. Nonetheless  I still appreciated the fangirls as they were the source of my paycheck.

“How about-“Another stock holder started to ask but was cut off.

“I think this is a good idea. I think we should just wait and see how this goes.” Someone said. When I followed the voice I realized that it was Ohno-san who I thought was actually asleep as he did not seem to be listening to my presentation earlier on.  I beamed at his response.

“Thank you.”I said and glanced at the time. “So everyone just think about this idea and email me any concerns or questions. We will vote on this during out next meeting.” I concluded and ended the meeting.

I caught Ohno-san’s eyes and mouthed him a thank you. He gave me an expression with a mixture of a smirk and a smile and proceeded to exit the room.

I was about to leave the room when someone stopped me.

“I think you need to rethink your decisions.”

“Excuse me, what? You can send me an official email about your opinion the meeting is over.” I faced him.

“Well, I won’t have the time for that. Listen, I graduated from a law school. Your ideas are interesting but it will cause problems with the company. Think about all the rumors that will come about, and what if the girls do end up as crazy fans… then what are you going to do? Think about all the lawsuits.”

He just would not stop talking. Why was everyone so negative about this? “Thank you for the concern, I will consider it in my final decision. Oh and your name is?” I asked him. He did look familiar.

“I’m Shigeaki Kato, nice to meet you.” he said offering his hand. Oh! He was that NEWS members. Of course! I mentally slapped my forehead. I was so bad at remembering names and faces.

“Nice to meet you, too.” I said shaking his hand and leaving the room. I was annoyed at him but also agreed with him even though I did not want to admit. How was I supposed to tell apart crazy fangirls? They could have been crazy fangirls and be talented at the same time. Aish... Our country has AKB48 for God’s sake. Why are they so against the idea of JE producing female groups?!