Auditions

[on hiatus] A New CEO, New Rules

 

Chapter 4

Auditions

 

After a few failed auditions the judges’ moods seemed to be on the down low. I looked at them and frowned. ‘It’s okay’ Ohno mouthed at me and I smiled, maybe I was getting a new friend.

“Contestant number eleven,” I called.

A petite girl with striking blue eyes entered the room. Is she wearing contact lenses? I wondered.Her appearance sure was appropriate for an idol.

“Your name?”

“Kashimoto Mika.”

I looked at her application in my hands and smiled. Maybe she would prove the judges wrong.

“Well, go ahead. Perform.” One of the judges said rather rudely.

She nodded her head confidently, ignoring the rude comment of the judge and started singing. I could see where her confidence was coming from. Her voice was amazing. Once she finished I found myself clapping.

I looked at the other judges and they were smiling. “What do you think?”

“I think we finally found a real talent.” The grumpy one said.

“Passed. Go to room 250 down this hall to get an appointment for your interview.”

“Thank you!~” She chirped in a cute tone and left the room after bowing ninety degrees.

--

“Next contestant!” I called and a girl in her mid twenties entered the room. “Name?”

“Kawaguchi Misaki” She introduced herself. She had the looks of Kuroki Misaki for sure. The girl was hot but her age was a huge factor stopping us from choosing her.

“Aren’t you a bit too old to apply?” One of the judges remarked.

She turned red at the question but remained her composure. “I’ve been in this industry before. I am a theater member and have been in musicals for a long time. I don’t need to be trained like other applicants so I don’t think my age would be a huge factor.” She shrugged.

“She is right. There are girl groups currently with members over the age of 25, such as 2NE1 who is about to have their Japanese debut soon. I don’t think her age would be a problem.” I sided with the girl.

“Well, go ahead with your performance.” Ohno said and she nodded, performing a scene from a musical.

“Passed!” Ohno said.

“Excuse me?” I turned towards him. Sure the girl was talented but how could he pass her without asking the other judges?

“Um… what do you guys think?” Ohno asked bashfully realizing his mistake.

“I think she should pass, too.” The others agreed.

“YATTA-!” The girl said, then stopped midway. She cleared , “I mean, thank you.” She bowed and left the room.

--

“Next.” I called and looked at her name. “Kasane Miku?! Isn’t that a vocaloid?” I asked. Did I remember it wrong?

“No, that's Hatsune Miku, yeah we share the first name but unlike her I'm real!~” The girl chirped in an annoyingly cute voice. Oh boy. I never liked the cute types but the men in the room were already cooing over her cuteness. I frowned.

“Well, go ahead.”

This one also acted a part from a musical because she said she liked acting more. Her voice was pretty good, her dancing was fine and both could be perfected with a bit of practice. I liked her.

“Well?” I asked. After a bit of criticism and arguments they were fine with her.

“Passed.”

“Thank you!~” She said in a high voice and skipped off.

--

After a few failed applicants I called in another one.

“Name?” I asked tiredly and stretched my neck.

“Ayuzawa Hikari.” She bowed.

“Here we go again. Aren’t you too old?” The rude one asked.

The girl looked pissed but kept it in. “If you had read my resume, it clearly states that I am experienced. Why would I apply if I was inexperienced at this age?” She frowned.

“Well, go ahead with your performance.” Ohno said in a soft voice to calm her down.

She reminded me of someone with her frank personality and snake tongue… Nishikido Ryo. I shook the thought away and paid attention to her performance. She was really good. Her moves were the best I had seen today!

“Definitely passed!” Everyone agreed.

“Let’s call for a fifteen minute break.” Ohno said and gave me an understanding look.

“Thank you. I did not think it would be this tiring.”I frowned. He smiled and put a reassuring hand on my shoulder. “You worry too much, just let things happen.”

“Thank you. It is like you are always there for me.” I said shyly.

“What are friends for?” he smiled.

“Friends?” I tilted my head in confusion.

“you probably don’t remember but we used to go to elementary school together until you moved to the States.”

Wow, really? I tried to remember an Ohno Satoshi….hmm… then I remembered a skinny boy a head taller than me at that time. He was older than me but since we lived on the same street we would walk home together…

“OHMYGOD! You are that senior?!” I said a bit too loudly then frowned bashfully.

“Yup.” He laughed.

“Break time is over, lets resume.” One of the judges said, entering the room once more.

---

A/N:  First of all sorry for the late update. T____________T

I obviously did not have all the applicants in this chapter because there are too many so it would linger and get boring. XD But everyone that applied are accepted with the bias they requested, unless I PMed you privately :D

Also read all the chappies even if your OC isn’t here cuz it is a full length chaptered story and NOT one-shots. If you just read your bias’ parts then the story would be incomplete.

Also the CEO and Ohno are not a potential couple. They are just friends. Since the CEO is in my POV and my bias is not him she will not end up with Ohno. Whoever applied for Ohno can be in peace :) 

AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND MERRY BELATED CHRISTMAS!~