Chapter 18 - Snapping Our Memories

The watch you wanted to give me on March 14

Ryosuke POV

 

It was a really satisfying night with Sakura, I realized that I have kind of lost my mind when I think of the accident that took place hours ago. I really can’t imagine if Sakura was the one being knocked down. End up, I was using a lot of my strength on her, I love her, I love her so much I want to ensure that she is mine, totally mine!

 

I embraced her tightly and watched her sleep. I want to cherish every moment with her, I have already wasted ten years of my time forgetting her, I want to remember every part of her from now on…

 

“Sakura… I love you…” I gently her sleeping face and fell asleep...

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sakura POV

 

I woke up feeling a little exhausted, the night before was really too intense. Yet I didn’t hate it, I could totally feel Ryosuke’s love for me. I could feel how much he was afraid to lose me, I was really happy that he loves me so much.

 

“Sakura, I’m ready!” Ryosuke called me from behind.

 

“Ok! Let’s go!”

 

We are leaving for Tokyo today. The two days in Nara was really fulfilling for us, not only helping Ryosuke filling up his empty memories, but also further confirmed our love for each other…

 

As we sat on the Shinkansen, I felt my eyelids getting heavier… Then I felt someone moving my head to lean on something soft… I closed my eyes fully and slept...

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ryosuke POV

 

Sakura and I boarded the Shinkansen bounding for Tokyo. She started dozing shortly after we sat down. I moved her head to lean on my shoulders and let her sleep. I watched her tired sleeping face and held her hands tightly. I felt guilty suddenly, because I was the one who made her so worn out…

 

Somehow… I am getting sleepy too...

 

……………………………...

 

“Ryosuke!! Wake up! We are reaching!!”

 

I opened my eyes slowly upon hearing someone calling me.

 

“Ah, Sakura, you’re awake? Ah! Did I fall asleep too?”

 

“Yeah! You did! And sorry for falling asleep…” Sakura apologized to me.

 

“Sakura, why are you apologizing? I was the one who made you so tired…” I felt blood gushing to my face after I said that… As I was recalling the night before, the cute face that Sakura was making…

 

“...................No…… It was enjoyable…” Sakura looked down shyly and said.

 

“Silly girl…” I smiled looking at Sakura who was behaving so cutely.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sakura POV

 

After we are back to Tokyo, Ryosuke, who was still on summer holidays, didn’t waste any time of his. He signed up for summer holiday tuitions, worked even more frequently, and was putting in a lot of effort to study.

 

I was really delighted to see such a hardworking Ryosuke, I wanted to keep memories of such a Ryosuke who is working hard for his goal. I began snapping his pictures, when he is packing stuffs at work, when he smiles widely to customer, when he frowns at his tough assignments, when he reveals a serious face while memorizing his textbooks. I wanted to make sure that I don’t miss out any expressions of Ryosuke.

 

Today, Ryosuke said he wants to cook dinner for us, it is another chance for me! To take pictures of him in an apron! As he was preparing the dinner, I was smiling out of nowhere while holding my phone, going into the kitchen quietly…

 

*CLICKS*

 

“Sakura!! You’re taking pictures of me again!!!” Ryosuke heard my camera photo taking sound and turned to look at me.

 

*CLICKS*

 

I took another picture of Ryosuke’s embarrassed face.

 

“Sakura!!!” Ryosuke came forward to reach for me…

 

“AHH!!! OKOK! I’ll stop!!” I quickly kept my phone in my pocket while still smiling like an idiot.

 

“...............You’re weird, Sakura…”

 

“.........I’m not…..” I said with a pouted face.

 

“...............Never mind…… I’ll leave this for later…”

 

“.... What..?” I shivered slightly, sensing some evil thoughts from Ryosuke…

 

We had dinner as soon as Ryosuke finished cooking. He made grilled fish for us, it was really good! I felt so fortunate, to have someone who cooks for you. After washing our dirty plates, Ryosuke went back to study while I stayed by his side, giving him mental support, as that is the only thing I can do right now… Naturally, my hands went into my pocket and took out my phone again…

 

*CLICKS*

 

I took another picture of Ryosuke being engrossed in his studying. Seems like Ryosuke didn’t notice me this time round… I smiled and started looking through the pictures of Ryosuke I have taken recently on my phone...

 

“.....................Since when you’ve became my stalker?”

 

“AHHH!!!!” I was getting too engrossed looking at my phone that I  didn’t realize Ryosuke came to my side and was looking at my phone too. I quickly tucked my phone towards my body before Ryosuke sees more of his pictures.

 

“............Sakura… You’re weird…” Ryosuke was still looking at me with a doubtful face.

 

“......I’m not... I just want to keep your pictures…”

 

“...... Seeing real person daily isn’t enough? You still need them on your phone…?”

 

“.........Umm… Seeing your different expressions motivates me…” I realised I am smiling while saying this…

 

“Oh..? What kind of motivations…?”

 

“..............................”

 

Motivations for me to love and dote on you more…

 

AH!!! I almost wanted to say that!! I refrained from saying that as I feel I may blush if I do say so…

 

“.................I’m going to get a glass of water…” I was going to run away from Ryosuke...

 

I got up from the sofa trying to walk to the kitchen but Ryosuke pulled my arms suddenly,

 

“AHH!!!”

 

The next moment I realized I am sitting on Ryosuke’s lap.

 

“I’m not allowing you to run away before answering me…” Ryosuke was hugging my waist tightly, preventing me from getting up.

 

“..............I………..” I still couldn’t say it…

 

“.............Tell me….. In what sense I motivate you in…?”

 

“.........................” I bite my lower lips, refusing to answer him…

 

Ryosuke didn’t give in, and started tickling my waist, !! I am scared of tickling!!!

 

“HAHAHAHAHA!! WAIT WAIT!!!! HAHAHA!!” I was wriggling around and laughing like a crazy woman.

 

“........Are you answering me……? Or do you want more tickling…?” Ryosuke paused for a while to say that, and threatened to continue tickling me.

 

“AHHH OKOK I’ll say!!!”

 

“...........................” Ryosuke stayed silent waiting for my answer.

 

“You… motivate me… to… love and dote on you more…” I said while looking into his eyes, seconds after, I felt my face becoming hot.

 

“...........Oh…? Then are you going to give me some rewards for my hard work…?” Ryosuke gave an evil smile...

 

“................” I moved closer and gave him a light kiss on his lips, “there you go… ok! Get back to your study!” I patted his head gently.

 

I thought everything was going to end here, and was trying to get up but I realized I was still being held down tightly by Ryosuke’s arms.

 

“.............Ryosuke…? Let me go already… You should go back to studying…”

 

“Sakura…”

 

“........hmm…?” This weird feeling…

 

“You have to be responsible for your words…”

 

“......What…? ……….ummmmm!!!!!” Ryosuke came kissing me deeply, grabbing my body nearer to his…

 

I pushed Ryosuke away, “Ryosuke, wait… Ummmmmm!!!!!!” But he sealed my lips again before I could complete my sentence.

 

He moved us from the sofa to the bed, and continued kissing me.

 

“Ryosuke… Don’t you need to study…?” I finally got a chance to speak when he finally releases his deep and long kisses.

 

“...............I need a break sometimes… moreover…”

 

“...........Moreover…?” I looked at Ryosuke with a puzzled face.

 

“............I can’t go back to study after seeing such a cute expression of you just now… You said you’ll love and dote me more right…? Then let it be now…” Ryosuke came landing down on my lips again, moving his hands all over me, taking off my clothes...

 

It’s going to be another long, passionate, and intensive night, I thought…

 

We entangled our bodies for a night long, draining out our stamina, leaving us with shagged out bodies, and we were catching our breath as soon as we ended our last of the night.

 

“Ryosuke…”

 

“Hmm…?”

 

“I realized the only photo of us together was the one I kept in my wallet, and that photo has faded so badly as well… Shall we take a picture together soon?”

 

“Sure, let’s take it now…” Ryosuke grabbed my phone and was about to switch on the camera...

 

“Huh… No! Not now…!!” I grabbed his hands to stop his movement.

 

“... Why?”

 

“....Because….. We are now…”

 

“.............HAHAHA! Silly girl!!! Okok, let’s take a picture tomorrow after we put on our clothes, ok?” Ryosuke was laughing at my silliness.

 

“....hehe~ Ok!!!” I smiled and snuggled myself back to Ryosuke’s arms…

 

Since then, we started taking a lot pictures together, and I continued with my non-stop snapping of Ryosuke’s pictures. Seems like he has gotten quite used to it, and often he will smile back at my camera and give me many different funny expressions.

 

I decided to develop the pictures and decorate them in our house. While looking through the developed pictures, I find myself grinning like an idiot.

 

Suddenly, something came into my mind...

 

Isn’t there someone else who would love to see these photos too…?

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

僕らの未来 - KinKi Kids

 

もし君が 泣きそうになったら

At any point of time, if you feel like crying

後ろから そっと肩たたくよ

I’ll be behind you, tapping your shoulders

もし僕が 折れそうになっても

At any point of time, if I encounter any obstacles

君が 笑えば 平気さ

I’ll be fine, with just your smiles

 

始めよう

Let’s start

今日からは 一人じゃない

From today onwards, we are not alone

君といるから 悲しみは半分

Because you are here, the sadness would be halved

 

重ねてく

Let’s accumulate

これからの 毎日が

From today onwards, everyday

煌めくように

In order to shine

いつまでも 二人手に手を取って

Till forever, let’s hold our hands together

歩んでく 僕らの未来へと

Step forward, towards our future

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: A sweet chapter after a passionate one. XD

 

Currently working on my third fanfic, and it’s entering a sad phase, so I am kinda reluctant to write because it’ll get so sad!!! But I’ll continue!! Slowly...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------