Confusion

One-Sided Love

What I still couldn’t believe was that arrogant jerk-Souta ate that food off the ground! Maybe he isn’t so bad after all…? Suddenly an image of his expression when I had shouted at him came into my mind, for a second he had looked…sad.

“Yuukiii-chan!” a bright, cheerful voice interrupted my thoughts. “Wha- oh, good morning Himekawa-san”, I stared at the girl as her expression turned from bright and cheerful to sour “Mika…call me Mika” she pouted, her chubby cheeks puffed up. “But Himeka…” I started, “I call you Yuki-chan so you can call me Mika, okay?” Mika cut-in “Okay, Mika…” I sighed. Mika’s face lit-up “Thanks for yesterday, I never thought in a million years Souta-senpai would eat my food” she smiled sadly and turned around swinging her long brown hair as she strode back to her class.

Just as the chime went I sat at my desk and felt a prickly feeling on the back of my neck-the kind of feeling you get when someone is staring at you. Casually I glance backwards and see Souta glaring at me. Oh great, I thought I’ve only been at this school for two days and someone already hates me…

I sat there feeling extremely awkward for the next hour before the chime rang again and I burst out of class enjoying the freedom until someone grabbed my hand and yanked me back. I turned around, ready to punch whoever had stopped me from enjoying my freedom in the face-that face, turned out to be Souta’s. My jaw dropped and my fist hung in mid-air as I stared up at him with disbelief. “Come” he muttered and pulled me back through the classroom and out the back door.

I got dragged about halfway across the courtyard before I yanked my hand free. “What do you want?” I asked, Souta stopped in his tracks and turned around, “You” he whispered and closed the gap between us in one long stride. Slowly he leaned towards me our face inches apart, my heart thumped hard against me chest. Shaking my head I pushed him away “Don’t…” I said bitterly. “Yuki…” he said my name in such a soft tone I couldn’t help but feel warm inside.

“You know how you asked me if I’d ever loved someone before?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, I thought about it and I haven’t ever known what it feels like to love someone…not until now”. Souta paused, staring right into my eyes “Yuki, this may sound stupid but I think I’m in love with you”.

 

 

I stood there; too stunned to say anything as sakura petals fell from above “Well, um…” I started when I heard a voice from behind me

“Yuki!”

I turned around slowly and gasped as I recognized those big brown eyes

“Tsubasa?”.

“Hey! Who the hell are you?” I hear Souta shout from behind.

Tsubasa smiles “I, am Yuki’s first love”.