First Day

One-Sided Love

The next day I’m back at the school not to spy on the school soccer team but as a student at Sakurano High. I’m feeling pretty happy seeing as I get to wear a cute sailor uniform with a mini-skirt which I personally thought was much too short. But this little happiness was nothing compared to how nervous I was about starting at this maze-like school filled with strangers that I wasn’t sure I would get along with. “Yamamoto Yuki-san?” I shook as I heard my name being called and whirled around to see the principal looking down on me through his round spectacles “Yes Maeda Sensei?” I answer timidly, my voice quivering. “Class starts in approximately…” he glanced down at his watch “Ten minutes. Are you sure I shouldn’t show you the way to your class?” Mr. Maeda asked tilting his head onto the side with a worried expression. “No sir,” I shook my head, no-way was I going to turn up to class with the principal following me I thought and rushed down the corridor.

 

 

 

 

Thankfully I found my class and I stood outside the door taking in deep breaths. I slide the door open and walk inside and the teacher smiles at me brightly and whirls around to face the students “Alright class this is Yamamoto Yuki, she’ll be in our class for this year so please look after her.” “Yes, Satou Sensei…” the class chants sluggishly. I quickly scan the class, all of them are staring at me except for one guy who’s looking out the window I tilt my head to get a better look at him and gasp. It’s that jerk-Souta! “Is something the matter?” Satou Sensei looks at me batting her false eyelashes. “No,” I mumble shuffle towards the back of the room. My knees were knocking together and my feet were shaking, I could feel 30 pairs of eyes on my back as the worst thing imaginable happened…I lost balance and stumbled forward, desperately I clung on to the desk I front of me. I sighed with relief at least I didn’t fall on my face I thought and straightened back up to see Souta staring at me with a crooked frown on his face and with a sinking feeling I realized the desk I had clung onto for dear life was his. Now I could feel nearly all the girls glowering with fury as they talked to each other in angry whispers“Is she trying to flirt with Souta-sama?” they were saying “I bet she tripped on purpose!” My face was now burning beetroot red as I went to my seat and wished the ground would open up and swallow me whole.

 

 

 

As soon as the interval bell rang I ran for the bathrooms to cry my eyes out. I ran down the corridor checking behind to see if anybody was following and then…”Ow!” I suddenly hit something or someone and rub my forehead in frustration “I’m sorry” I look up and see the chubby brunette girl I saw yesterday, she was holding an obento box. “It’s…okay” I grunt slowly getting up, curious I ask “Is that for…” “Souta” the brunette looks straight past my shoulder and I turn around to see a guy with messy black hair obviously styled with hair jell walking confidently towards us. The girl bites her lip nervously and walks up to him. “Souta-Senpai! Please accept this!” she holds the obento box in front of him. “How many times to I have to tell you I don’t want your food!” Souta growls and slaps the obento box out of the girl’s hands. With a clang it lands on the ground and all the food scatters across the ground. The girl stands there stunned, tears starting to roll down her cheeks. Shaking with anger I stand up and look at Souta who’s just standing there just watching the girl bursting into tears. “You Jerk! How could you do such a thing!? You don’t even know how much work she’s put into making this for you! She made this because she loves you how can you just ignore her feelings like that!? Haven’t you ever loved someone!?” I spat the last words out with fury and Souta’s face showed a glimmer of sadness that soon faded into total shock.

 

Sighing, I bent down to put the scattered food back into the obento box when someone’s hand grabbed a sandwich from the ground. I looked up and saw Souta stuffing his face with the sandwich that was on the ground just seconds ago. Too stunned to say anything I watched as that jerk picked up food from the ground and stuffed it in his mouth. “Souta-senpai! It’s filthy, don’t!” the brunette leaped forward and quickly picked the food off the ground before Souta could stuff it in his mouth. Souta straightened and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand before striding down the corridor and out of sight.