Chapter 7

Baby, Can't You Sea?

From: Kimchannie
Yo you wanna run now and I'll cover up for you? 

Yongguk stared at the text and looked over to his best friend who currently had his arm around Jongup. He knew he should probably get going, besides he needed to check up on his brother since he was probably going to be switched out with the Demon of the Mound himself, Do Kyungsoo. Yongguk could tell that his brother had pulled a muscle during the last pitch, it was probably best that he went to go check on Yongnam now before their sister killed him later for not taking care of his brother.

From: Tiggukie
Yeah, just say I went to check up on my brother. Thnk u!

Kimchan smirked as he read the message and watched as his friend slipped away from their seats.

To: Tigukkie
Don't worry, I'll take good care of your tentacled lover

"Hey Himchan-sunbae where did Yongguk go?" the blue haired boy asked. 

"Gukkie went to go check up on his brother, he usually does that at this point in the game. It's been a habit since they were kids." the black haired senior responded as he looked down at his phone with a smirk.

From: Tigukkie
(-_*) SHUT UP


Yongguk walked out of the locker room holding his head in his arms. Well, his squid head. His brother was standing in the hall, his arm being checked by a physician.

"Do I need to drag you to the hospital?" he asked his brother who was putting on ice pack. 

"No, just pulled a muscle, I should be better in a few days if we win."

"Don't give me an 'if' you idiot, we will win the fricking game. We've lost to them these past two years, but they don't realise that getting into extra innings is a longshot with that first year on the mound."

Yongnam had the audacity to snort and kick his brother in the shin lightly, "You just wanna know if you can get into that sophomore pants out of pity so you can get laid and then date him."

"Do not," Yongguk puffed his cheeks out and put on the mascot head, twisting back and forth he said, "Can't you sea I'm genuinely word about you, brother mine?"

"I will sea-riously kick your if you don't get out there and show that octopus who is the most badass mascot to ever mascot while dressed as a mascot."

"That makes no sense." the red head said as his brother began moving him to the dugout like a hen guiding its chicks.

"Yes it does, now get out there and kick that mollusk-ot's ."

"Please stop punning, it makes me cringe." stated before jogging on the field.


"IMMA SHOW YOU WHO DA MAN YOU SENIOR SQUIDIZEN!" Zelo yelled, much to Tako-mato's, well Yongguk's, surprise. It had been an unwritten rule that the mascots of their schools were to never communicate verbally. It was mainly to avoid any quarrels and brawls among heavily equipped mascots. Several decades ago, there was a big robotics competition and it happened that Calamari and Tako were allies. That year the astronomical mascot of the other school thought it was a good idea to knot their tentacles together. If anything was for sure, StarTown High learned two lesson, never mess with tentacled creatures and just because you've watched enough does not mean you know where things would be going. No one knows quite what happened afterwards, but the two schools would hate each other ever since. However the janitors who still remembered would tell anyone who asked that one mascot tried to kiss the other. While two mascots dating wasn't necessarily a problem, during that time people of the same gender dating was deemed taboo.

Tako-mato didn't respond. He had already broken the rule of talking to the other mascot. Even if he hadn't known that the tall underclassmen was the mascot, he did now, and it was imperative that he did not reveal his identity to the younger. In response the squid flailed his tentacles and waltzed around before beginning to a cheer routine. The cheerleaders in redish-pink uniforms followed suit from the dug out as they began cheering,"HEY HEY YOU YOU WE'RE GONNA TAKE THE CROWN BACK"

The octopus did a cartwheel as the pastel blue cheerleaders yelled back, "NO WAY NO WAY WE'RE GONNA GO TO NATIONALS"

"HEY HEY YOU YOU WE'RE GONNA GET A HOMERUN"

"NO WAY! HEY HEY YOU YOU WE'RE GONNA DOMINATE"

"NO WAY NO WAY WE WILL BE THE CHAMPIONS" Tako-Mato stepped forward and met Zelo in front of the pitcher's mound. Their mascots were now chest to chest and the sounds faded out of Yongguk's hearing. All he could hear now was the loud beating his chest as the two tentacled mascots began hitting each other with tentacles. 

A loud horn sounded and the loud mouthed Kim Kibum announced that the next inning would begin shortly. Yongguk ran for his life in hopes that the younger wouldn't discover his identity.


"You were gone for a while, is your brother okay?" Junhong asked, surprising concerned as Yongguk returned to his seat next to the younger.

"Yeah, he just needs to rest a bit. Since it's our last year, he really wants to go to nationals." Yongguk nodded as he watched the battery for Tako Academy nod to each other, "Kyungsoo's pretty bad you know, you guys better watch out."

"Oh please, how bad could this freshman b-" Junhong was cut off by the boom of a ball being caught by a glove, "holy , that's his fastball?"

"Yup, wanna make a bet?" 

"What do you have in mind?"


Loud mouthed Kibum was in shock as he said, "A-AND THE WINNER THAT WILL BE GOING TO NATIONALS IS...TAKOOOOO ACADEMYYYY."
Junhong's dropped as he watched his team line up, attempting to brave the tears that threatened to roll down their dusty cheeks. It was a good game, in fact it was a brilliant game. It also showed that they had underestimated the enemy. Most of Tako's members last year were seniors. This year's team was made up of invigorated fresh blood, driven desire. They were unprepared, they would tell themselves. But they knew that was an excuse, and they would train themselves so hard that next year they would be prepared to fight the other team head on.


The six friends were all gathered round a booth at the pizza parlor as usual. The manager had decided to treat the team to barbecue, but Yongguk knew his brother wanted to be left alone with his teammates so he decided to to tag along. The meal was eaten in an awkward silence. The defeated and the victor were seated at the same table, any comment on the game was with held in fear of inciting any arguments with the other.

Yongguk and Junhong departed early with the excuse of wanting to finish up some rhymes from the day earlier. They walked down the street in silence until Junhong finally said, "So...you won the bet."

"I did." Yongguk smirked, trying to hide his nervousness.

"Well, a deal's a deal. Ask and you shall receive oh squidizen of Tako Academy."

Yongguk chuckled before saying, "Nah, I think I'll save it. You know, in case I need it in the future." He decided it was probably best to not to make a move just yet."

"Awww, c'mon hyung, I'm willingly offering myself to you. Just make a request. We agreed, loser would fulfill one command of the other." Junhong stated as they approached the younger's house. Yongguk blushed at the wording and gulped, thanking Poseidon that it was dark enough that the other couldn't see the redness in his cheeks.

"Nope."

"Fine...Wanna come inside? We can work on some music again." The younger offered, leaning on his front door. He pulled down the zipper around his neck slightly, exposing some of the pale, unblemished skin of is neck. Yongguk knew he needed to get away before he made a mistake, hoping that the kid's wording was just an innocent accident but wishing it was something more.

"It's a school night. I should probably head home, besides if I don't go now, Yongnam will probably use all the hot water and I'll be stuck taking a cold shower." He looked directly into the other's eyes, searching for some sign. Much to his amusement, noticed the slight movement of Junhong's throat. With a short farewell, Yongguk rushed home with full knowledge that he would need to take a cold shower. And not because Yongnam used all the hot water.

 


ProcrastiNOTE: **sends loves and huggles to all readers and subcribers** you guys are the best!!! <3