Chapter 10

Baby, Can't You Sea?

"Soooooo,"
"How was the date?"
Junhong looked up from his food to see Daehyun and Youngjae grinning at him. The younger didn't respond only took another bite at the takoyaki with a small grin.
"Did you two hold hands?" Daehyun asked.
No response but there was a light blush on his cheeks.
"Ooooh did you kiss?" Youngjae chided, only to burst out laughing when the younger turned bright red and covered his face in embarrassment. The couple squealed with glee before they began interrogating in order to learn all the details.
There is one thing that I realized after our date." Junhong said absentmindedly.
"What would that be?" Youngjae looked up from his cellphone with interest.
"Yongguk...he's Tako-mato."



"We kissed." Yongguk sighed as he ate some calamari.
"Dang, Bang. You move fast." Jongup noted.
"We were on a ferris wheel, there were fireworks."
"Wow, and Jong and I had our first kiss in the locker room."
"If I recall correctly, that wasn't the only first we had that day." Jongup grinned, placing his hand on Himchan's thigh.
"DID NOT NEED TO KNOW THAT." Yongguk exclaimed before leaving to print an assignment in the computer lab.
"Uh oh." Jongup muttered.
"What's wrong, yeobo?"
"It seems the octopus knows he is the squid."
"Did he take it bad?"
"No...but Gukkie might."



"Yongguk!!" a familiar voice called from behind the elder as he was walking out of school. The red head turned around to see a familiar streak of blue hair hidden by the hood of a Tako Academy hoodie-
"Junhong?! What are you doing here?" 
The younger grinned as he threw an arm over Yongguk, "I was going to give this back to you, but I realised I needed to use this as a disguise."
"Daehyun and Youngjae come by all the time and they don't need disguises."
"That's cuz everyone knows that Jongup and Daehyun are friends."
"More like, Youngjae is your president and would most likely have everyone's heads if something happened," Yongguk added as he began walking towards the bus stop, "What brings you to enemy territory anyway?"
"You."
"Missed me already?" Yongguk teased.
"I mean I ate takoyaki for lunch, how could I not, Tako-Mato."
"Haha, takoyaki and Tako-Mato, very fun- wait, how'd you- I mean I- ."
"It didn't dawn on me until I recognized the smell on your hoodie."
"Oh. Are you mad at me for not telling?"
"A little, but you never cheated during our contests and you took me out on a date and also I really like you." Zelo said as he hugged the other from behind.
"So...you're okay with me being your nemesquid?" Yongguk asked in shock,  turning his head slightly to look at the other.
"I don't care if you're my school's nemesquid, you're mine." Junhong said as he turned the other towards him and kissed him.



"BANG YONGGUK WHY THE IS ZELO IN YOUR ROOM. AND WHY IS HE WEARING YOUR SHIRT AND LOOKS LIKE HE TOOK A SHOWER." Yongnam yelled from the doorway to his brother's room. He had gone into the room expecting to find a quilt-erpillar as he usually did as of late, but instead found the blue haired molluskot lying on his brother's bed wearing only boxers and a t-shirt.
"I'm your brother's boyfriend- he's letting me stay over tonight." The unmasked octopus answered in confusion and amusement.
"YONGGUK WHAT WERE YOU DOING TO THE TAKO MOLLUSKOT AND WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU TWO WERE DATING?" Yongnam yelled again.
Yongguk pushed past his brother, wearing only a pair of pajama pants and a towel over his head, "Yongnam. We've been dating for almost two days and we've just been cuddling and making angsty raps. Chill, bro."
"Anything else?"
"I mean a little kissing but-"
"KISSING LEADS TO OTHER THINGS."
"Calm your erted tentacles!"
"The door stays open, the enemy is here."
"The enemy is my boyfriend and if you don't want him to know your baseball strategy then you can go to Kyungsoo's house for the meeting instead."
"But Kyungsoo's boyfriend is creepy, he gives me death stares during the games."
"Stop being a wuss, now get out. I wanna cuddle with my boyfriend."
"Is he wearing your shirt?"
"Yes, it's the shirt that goes with these pants."
"Oh god, you sound like Kyungsoo and his boyfriend- I'm gonna see this when I go there, too. my life, why is everyone dating?"
"You're just jealous because you're a single tentacle."
"I'm not jealous, you guys are just too sweet and fluffy for a sea cucumber like me." 
"Then get out, and tell sis I have someone over."
"You guys should really go on a double date with Kyungsoo and...Jongin I think it is? Make a quadruple date if you take the other four derps with y-"
"Yongnam, get out."
"Alright, just don't be too loud."
"Yongnam!"
"And remember to use protection and lots of lube." Yongnam winked at his two dongsaeng suggestively before being pushed out by his twin who was yelling, "WELL THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THAT PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT, NOW LEAVE."
Yongguk slammed the door shut and leaned against it as he blushed in embarrassment. Junhong laughed and beckoned the older to come over, "So that's your twin brother?"
"Yep." Yongguk sighed in embarrassment as he got in bed and pulled the sheets over him and the younger.
"It appears I chose the better of the two."
"Yup," the red head smirked, puling the younger in for a kiss. With no luck whatsoever, Yongnam popped his head into the room and said, "If you don't calm that tentacle, I will."
"EW, GODDNAMNIT YONGNAM. I SWEAR TO BUDdha I will cut yours off before you have the chance, now get the OUT." Yongguk exclaimed only for the sound of the bedroom door- and soon after the front door- closing, leaving the two unmasked mascots alone. 
"So, how long have you liked me?" Junhong asked in order to break the silence.
"Since last year, when there was the mascot dance off and you danced to Taka singing Pillowtalk." Yongguk admitted sheepishly- it was the first time he ever saw Zelo as Junhong- after all the Zelos were usually a lot shorter. 
"That was the first time I ever was Zelo. The last person had gotten sick so they had me do it and I've been doing it ever since."
"You're amazing at dancing by the way, I was entranced by the energy you had."
"Yeah?"
"Yeah."
"Well, I realised I liked you at first sight that day at the game when we were playing around with the rap you had written."
"Really?"
"Yeah, although I thought I had just found someone I wanted to cuz all I'd do was to thoughts of you."
"Is that really the best thing to say when you're in my bed?"
"When you came over I was hoping to it out- instead I realised I genuinely liked you."
"I was trying so hard to not jump you that day.You a ?"
"Yeah."
"And you were willing to give it up to a nemesquid?"
"yeah."
"well, that makes both of us cuz i'm a too."
"I had a feeling. You may be hot, but you're a dork."
"I-"
"MY dork." Junhong said with finality as he cuddled closer to his boyfriend. The two mumbled goodnight and fell asleep. 


PROCRASTINOTE: Hello my lovelies!!!! I know it's been a while. A lot has happened- I had writer's block while in my "i'm gonna be eternally single" slump...and then magical things happen and I will write a fic about it trust me (spoiler alert: i'm not single anymore). I'll try posting more often. Also:
HAPPY KAISOO DAY!!!