Chapter 2

Town Of Trains

Yixing had been working at the ticket counter in Union Station for awhile now. He didn't know how long it had been because he didn't really keep track of it. All he knew is that he absolutely loved his job. He loved selling tickets to people who were just going on adventures, or going to see their loved ones. He was constantly scanning the crowds, looking for interesting people to talk to. In the recent months, he had noticed a man come in, sit down and leave. The man had never purchased a ticket or greeted anybody. He was intriguing to Yixing and now he was determined to find out who this guy was. He started noting when this strange man would come and go, trying to figure out what times he showed up. Soon enough, he had his schedule figured out. 

As soon as Kyungsoo walked into the station after work he knew something was up. He felt like he was being watched.He tried to brush it off and get out of there- he didn't like this feeling. Before he could get to the doors he was approached by a seemingly bright and definitely attractive man. "," he thought while he unconsciously  fixed his hair and adjusted his clothes "What does he want?"

"Hello!" Yixing said while smiling brightly

"h-hello." Kyungsoo replied, trying to avoid eye contact 

"I hope this doesn't seem too creepy. I work at the ticket counter and I've noticed that you come here every day at around the same time. You never buy a ticket or meet anybody, so I was intrigued to know why you show up. So, why do you?"

"I uh.. It's a long story. I don't want to bore you with it. I need to go." Kyungsoo mumbled while walking around the stranger to get to the doors. 

Yixing grabbed his arm before he could walk out the doors.

 "Wait. My shift is almost over. Let me buy you dinner so we can talk. I'm very interested in hearing an explanation. I promise I'm not some type of creep."

Kyungsoo shook the stranger off of his arm before practically bolting out the door. "What a strange encounter." he said below his breath. He started his walk home while trying to figure out a way to be able to experience the happiness from the station without running into that guy again. If he worked there, as he said he did, this would be a difficult task. He sighed. The strange man certainly was attractive... Had he made a mistake by ignoring his offer? Regret washed over him and followed him home. This was certainly going to be a night filled with overthinking.