Celebration

The Last Time

Our company had an outbound activity for two days one night every year to recharge our energy. This year the outbound takes place at the camp area near the river. After several activities today, they all get some rest except me. I can't sleep so I decide to take a walk around the camp area. I think I walk far enough until I realize I've been lost. I tried to track back my path but it seems like I get back to the same spot. I felt uncomfortable with the atmosphere so I run to any direction but I didn't see the down path in front of me. I slipped and fall to the ravine. I tried to stand up but I can't. I think I sprained my ankle. It really hurts. I shouted for help but no one seems to hear it.

I guess someone finally hear me because a few moments later, I saw someone approaching my place. Because of the night, I can't see clearly who's coming for me but from the silhouette I'm sure it's Byung Hee. He checked on my ankle and lifts me up to his chest. We both walk back to the camp. Along the path, I talk to him.

"Byung Hee ssi, thank you. I don't know what will happen to me if you don't save me. I'm so scared back there." I was crying when I thanked him.

"Sshh. It's alright." He tried to calm me down.

What I didn't expect is that he suddenly lowered his head until his lips touched mine. My eyes widen when I felt his lips on mine. He kissed me until I stop crying, left out little sobbing. I tightened my arms around his neck and closed my eyes along the way back. When we arrived at the camp, I opened my eyes and I can see clearly now. I turned my head facing him and was about to thank him when I shocked at what I see. The person who saved me and carried me back is Lee Chang Sun.

"How could it turn out to be you? Why didn't you say anything back there?"

"You didn't ask my name and just called me Byung Hee."

It's alright if I just wrongly recognized people but the worst thing is that we kissed. I covered my face with my hands. Arrgghh, what am I gonna do now?

*****

I woke up suddenly because of the dream. What does it mean? I hate Chang Sun so much but I end up kissing him in my dream. I even still can feel his lips on mine, like it was real. I feel a little bit dizzy because of this sudden wake up so I get back to sleep again. It's five in the morning. I still have plenty of time to rest a few more hours.

In the office, I don't talk much to Chang Sun. After the crying incident, I only talked to him during Haesin project's meeting and for other urgent things, nothing more. I stop trying to be friendly to him. He gave several projects to me but now with more reasonable deadline and no comment for revision again.
Time goes by. It's been a month I'm working here. One day, Byung Hee asked me to go out for dinner to celebrate my one month working.

"Hye Rin ssi, I want to take you out for dinner tonight to celebrate your one month working here." He smiled.

"Okay. Is it only the two of us?"

"No, I also invite Chang Sun to come with us. I want to thank him for assisting you."

Shoot! Why it has to be the three of us? I was so happy when I thought it'll be only me and Byung Hee. But he invites Chang Sun too and I can't complain. It wouldn't be a pleasant night for me. Now, I just hope that he can shut his mouth during dinner.

*****

What is so great about working for one month? Did Hyung already out of his mind because of this girl? He invited me to dinner to celebrate Hye Rin's one month working. I shook my head. I can't believe this. We agreed to meet at the restaurant. She took off with Hyung while I promised to catch up later because I need to work on something first. The traffic is normal tonight so it only took fifteen minutes to get to the restaurant. When I entered, I saw hyung waving to me. I'm heading to their desk.

She was smiling to hyung. But when I reached the table, the smile disappears. She didn't even look at me. I sit on hyung's right side and she's on the left. When hyung talk to her, her face were happy and she smiled but when hyung talk to me her face immediately turns expressionless. She acts like I'm not here. Hyung is also look admiring her. Wait a minute! Why do I have to care about their behavior?

After the dinner ends, I bid farewell to hyung at the front door. Hyung will drive Hye Rin home so I start walking to the parking lot, leaving them behind but suddenly he received a phone call. He told me to wait.

"Chang Sun ah, can you take Hye Rin home? There's something urgent come up and I need to go now." He looks hurried.

Huh? Take her home? Great. It's just like put one cat and one dog in the same room and locked it. Guess who's the winner? I look at her face. Her expression is not better than me. She also shocked and can't believe at Hyung's word.

"It is okay, Byung Hee ssi. I can take a cab from here."

"No, I won't allow you to take a cab alone at this hour."

"But I..."

"Chang Sun ah, took her with you. And I want you to make sure that she's home safely, okay? I better go now. Bye."

So, now there's just the two of us. I looked at her and she looked at me. If looks can kill, I probably had been dead right now. She looks at me with fierce eyes. I took a deep breath and walking to the parking lot. She followed behind me but she left far behind me when I reached the car. I don't wait for her and just start the engine. She came inside a few seconds later.

I ask her where she live and she gave me the address. We both keep silent along the way. My head suddenly think about something. I guess Hyung still doesn't know that both Hye Rin and I dislikes each other cause he still invite me to the dinner tonight. So I asked her.

"I know that we're both dislikes each other. Why didn't you tell Hyung about that?"

"Tell him what? That I hate you? It doesn't bring any good to me. And you know what. I almost threw you out from the restaurant back there." She glared at me.

"It doesn't bring any good to you or you just want to be look as a weak woman who needs to be protected?" I smirked.

"You..." She's furious now.

"Here we are."

We arrived at her apartment complex. I park my car on the sideways and turn off the engine. She comes out immediately after I unlock the door and slam the door a little bit harder. I let her be. I follow her on the behind until we reach the front gate. She turns back and looks at me.

"Why do you still following me?"

"Don't you remember that hyung wants me to take you home safely?"

"I'm safe now so you can go back."

"Safe means that I had to seen you to your apartment door. Now it's up to you. We can stand here and arguing about hyung's term of safe or you can just go up to your apartment and pretend that I'm not here."

"I hate this and I hate you." She clenched her hands beside her body and stomping her feet to the floor while looking at me with killer eyes.

She headed to the elevator and pressed the number to her apartment. She lived on tenth floor. We both silently stand while the elevator takes us to the destination.

*****

I hate the person who called Byung Hee at the wrong time. They make me had to stuck with Chang Sun. Like he said, he followed me to my apartment like a ghost. At the front door, I want to type in the pass code to open the door but suddenly I forgot. I try to remember the combination but my head still blank.

"You forgot your own apartment pass code?" He teased me.

He stood behind me and talked to me. I ignored him. I knew Ga In's already at home so I press the door bell. A few moments later, she opened the door.

"Hye Rin ah, you forgot the pass code again? It's the second time." She laughed.

"I know. I'm sorry. Short-term memory problem." I smiled.

I think she realize someone is standing behind me cause she immediately ask me.

"And who is that?" She smiled to Chang Sun.

I step aside a little bit so that Ga In can see his face more clearly. He introduced himself.

"I'm Lee Chang Sun."

Ga In immediately froze in her place when she heard the name. Her face expression becomes unfriendly. No smile on her face. She raises her right eyebrow and look at him with judging eyes.

"So...you're Lee Chang Sun."

I can feel Ga In's anger towards him but I don't want to see a fight here so I grab her hand and hold it in its place. I guess Chang Sun also feels her anger.

"I've fulfill my promise to hyung to see you home safely. I better get going." He talked to me and walked away.

"Ya! How dare you just walk away like that?" I shocked when Ga In suddenly shout at him.

I grabbed her hand and held her still before she start chasing him. He didn't look back and continue walking like nothing happen. I tried to calm her down and drag her inside.

"Ga In ah. What are you doing, shouting like that?"

"Tell me, is that the same Lee Chang Sun who makes you cried?"

I nodded.

"Are you stupid? Why did you hold me then? I should've kicked his back there. And why did he send you home? You told me that you're going with Byung Hee." She's still furious.

I told her what happen today. She looked a little bit calm down now but still want to confront Chang Sun.

"Next time if I met him, he's dead!"

I don't know what to say to her anymore.