002

Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minjae walks out from his bathroom, ruffles his still damp hair from the shower. He glances at his phone on the night stand. It kept ringing since evening, but he don't even make an effort to answer it. He sits at the edge of his bed, staring at the wall opposite, slowly lost in his thought. 

 

 Flashback

 

They promised to meet at the playground the used to go when they were kids. Mina sat on the end of the bench while Minjae on the other side. They just kept silence, no one uttered a word. Minjae look at the boy who is playing a swing with a little girl probably his sister while laughing happily. He smiles at them before look at Mina, who is playing with her fingers. "Hey. Look at that" he pointed, she looks at where he pointed. "Do you remember when we are playing like that before? You were crying non-stop until we went home and I got scolded by your mother because of that." he pouted at the thought. "I don't know that you scared to swing. Such a penguin!" he chuckled tries to light up the solemn atmosphere, lingered in the air above them. They are laughing together but then became silent again. This silent suffocated them, especially Mina. She felt uncomfortable at this kind of situation, she hates it. She admits that she is the type of girl who rarely talk, but not Minjae, he is talkative when he with her.

 

 

 

"Minjae" Mina called, I look at her, try my best to smile. She looks at me before reaching for one of my hands and held it. "Please don't mad at me." she plead, rubbing her thumb at the back of my hand. I don't mad idiot I am just sad. She started to sob when I don't give her a response. I panicked when people at the playground shot me a glare for making a girl crying. "Yah, don't cry, why you always cry people look at me like I am the one who makes you cry." I whined, slowly I pulled her body closer and hugged her. She cried even louder in my arms. "Mina yah, I don't mad at you I am just sad. You know how much I love you right. It just hard for me to accept this. I am sorry about this morning." I continued, patting her on the back to comfort her. She wrapped her arms around my waist and hug me tightly. 

 

 

 

If she don't cry right now I would for this. But, she looked so fragile right now, it break my heart. I kissed her head "It not like we will never meet again, Mina. We can always contact each other. And if you really want to see me so much that you will die if you can't, i will come as soon as possible to Seoul I don't care if I need to run to there." I said, try to comfort her even it obvious that my promise is full of lies. Just who would run from Incheon to Seoul? But I will do it though if she as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter