PRANK, PRANK, PRANKS GALORE

Unbeknownst: The story of the Unlikely Pair

Seungcheol couldn't take it anymore.

 

After weeks of constant teasing from his younger members, the muscular leader was determined to interact with the tallest Red Velvet member to silence s. 

 

The first week had begun with a bunch of failed missions. Apparently, his evil meddling members enjoyed seeing their leader suffer. Every time their leader was about to approach the girl, a member would begin to attract the attention of other people in the most embarrassing way possible. 

 

There was this time when S.coups was a few steps away from talking to the girl when some of s came around and embarrassed him in front of her whole group by accusing Seungcheol of farting.

 

The boys earned a few bumps and bruises later but that didn't stop them from escalating their pranks even further. The following days the other 12 members had been stepping up their game, constantly harassing their leader in the most embarrassing way.

 

 

---

 

 

 

However, now the leader was prepared, Seungcheol had quietly observed s, looking for a chance to separate from his group.

 

Just when he had assumed that the boys were no longer watching his movements, Seungcheol had quietly walked towards the other backstage changing rooms.

 

Unfortunately, he was not alone. Hoshi, Seungkwan, and DK were stealthily following their leader, ready to spring into action when needed. 

 

Somehow embarrassing the leader had become a sport between the members. The bigger the embarrassment the bigger the recognition. Being a greedy little boy, Seungkwan had decided to pull out all the stops and go for the greatest prank of all.

 

Seungcheol had reached the door labelled with the word 'Red Velvet' across it. Taking a quick look around for any signs of s, Seungcheol took a deep breath before raising his hand to knock gently on the door.

 

A familiar person had shown their face while opening the door, "Oh, Annyeong Oppa! What brings you here?" 

 

Seungcheol ruffled the younger girl's hair in an affectionate way, "I'm here to talk to your Uunnie. Is she in?" 

 

A grin began to spread across her face, "Ah, Irene-Unnie? I will ca-" 

 

"You know who," Seungcheol snickered at the girl's poor attempts to embarrass him, "Don't even try teasing me because I've had plenty of training from the boy's recent antics." 

 

The younger girl smiled knowing exactly what the boy was talking about, "Yeah, I know. The other Oppas were keeping the Unnies and I updated on the latest pranks. I still can't believe that The8 Oppa said that out loud, isn't that illegal? Can't you get arrested for that?" (A/N: Hahaha, I wonder what he did). 

 

The boy on the other side of the door shook his head recounting the incident, "Don't even remind me. I was going to physically punish him but then I was scared, he might retaliate and kill me with his martial arts. Anyways can you call her over? I need to talk to her before any of my members realise I'm gone." 

 

Yeri smiled before completely disappearing behind the door. Seungcheol began to panic as he had realised that he had no idea what to say to the girl. He had been so worried about not being caught by the boys that he had forgotten why he wanted to talk to the girl in the first place.

 

Seungcheol had begun to fidget with his fingers, clearly nervous for what was about to happen. 

 

Seeing their leader so anxious had the 3 hiding members softly giggling. Hoshi, Seungkwan, and DK took shelter on a wall blocking Seungcheol's vision. 

 

"He is so whipped," Dk commented.

 

"What should we do this time?" Hoshi asked the other two.

 

While other two were busy scheming, they had failed to notice the stealthy Seungkwan who had sneaked behind their leader undetected. Inching closer to the leader, the two had held their breath in anticipation. Seungkwan gave the two boys a simple thumbs up to show that he was in position. 

 

At the same time, the anxious S.coups heard movement from the other side of the door. Preparing himself to talk to the girl who hadn't left his mind, he had failed to notice the boy crouching behind him. 

 

Then in a blink of an eye, it all unravelled in front of their eyes.

 

His pants.

 

Literally

 

The door was opened and a loud shriek followed from a red-faced female. Seungcheol stood there with wide eyes finally aware of what had caused the girl to shout and shut the door in his face.

 

Looking down, Seungcheol's eyes widen as he saw his pants gathered around his ankles. 

 

It would have been fine if his board shorts were still in place, however, the universe seemed to have something against him. He had spotted his favourite red board shorts also around his ankles. 

 

Luckily, however, his boxers remained intact. Saving him from complete embarrassment.

 

A shiver ran past his body. He wasn't really sure if it came from the highest level of embarrassment or from the sudden skin exposure.

 

As he lifted up his pants to fasten it around his waist, the oddest sight greeted him from behind.

 

Quickly turning his body around he could see a very familiar boy who had kneeled off to the side with both of his hands raised in repentance.

 

"Boo Seungkwan," Seungcheol began in a deadly calm voice, "What are you doing here?"

 

The said boy rubbed his hands together apologising, "I didn't plan for that to happen, I swear. It was only supposed to be your pants." 

 

Before the older boy could even shout profanities at his younger member a thought passed through his mind. If he is here it means that his sidekicks weren't far. 

 

"Yah!" He yelled, "Come out now if you don't want to die in the dorms later." 

 

Slowly but surely, DK and Hoshi's heads popped out from hiding. The two walked to kneel right beside the divaboo before placing their hands up in the air repenting for not stopping the boy. 

 

 

---

 

 

 

After a few more hours waiting for their special stages to finish Seungcheol had stood up abruptly from his chair with determination flickering in his eyes. 

 

"That's it!" He declared to no one in particular, "I am going to talk to her if it's the last thing I would do. So if I see anyone of you outside this room while I am gone I will find you and I will kill you." 

 

The boys all gave a nervous laugh before offering some encouraging words to their leader. 

 

Seungcheol walked outside Seventeen's changing room where the air remained tense. 

 

"Yah Boo Seungkwan!" Mingyu roared at the boy, "What did you do this time?" 

 

Before the boy could even reply, a sudden shriek was heard from Joshua who had received a message from Seulgi. 

 

"WHAT!!! YOU PULLED DOWN SEUNCGHEOL HYUNG'S PANTS IN FRONT OF JOY?!" 

 

Eyes had immediately widened around the room. Woozi had automatically grabbed the nearest thing (which was Wonwoo's phone) and chucked it at the guilty boy. 

 

The boys gave a heavy sigh as some other members began to whine. They all knew what this means. 

 

Practice until Seungcheol Hyung is satisfied as a punishment. And they all knew that Hyung is never satisfied. 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Seungcheol had once again stood in front of Red velvet's changing room. 

 

All these shenanigans need to stop right now. He was tired of being constantly bullied by him, members. Raising up his fist, he had once again knocked on the door of Red velvet's changing room. 

 

"Who is it?" A feminine voice whom he recognised as Wendy's asked from the other side. 

 

Loosening his voice, Seunghceol coughed, "It's me, Seungcheol. Can I come in Wendy-Shii?" 

 

Wendy's head had popped out of the small crack of the door. She awkwardly smiled as she heard Joy asking who their visitor was. Wendy knew that the ex-Maknae did not want to meet the boy outside, but she couldn't help but feel sorry for the male leader. 

 

Wendy stuck her head out from the door even more than before, "Are you looking for Joy?" She whispered quietly so that no one from the room could get a clue of what she was talking about. 

 

Seungcheol nodded his head, too nervous to speak in his usual confident tone. 

 

Once again, the door was shut in front of his face only minutes later to be opened once again. 

 

Wendy had told Joy, that she would need to meet manager Hyung outside due to her individual schedule later. Joy gave her a shrug before shifting her attention back to her game on her phone. 

 

However Joy had failed to notice that her member had, in fact, allowed a man to enter their changing room right before she had left, leaving the two alone.

 

Giving an awkward soft cough, Seungcheol had definitely caught Joy's attention. 

 

Joy turned around in a lightning speed to face the awkwardly standing boy next to the door. He had his hands clasped in front of him as if ready to be scolded. His eyes remained on the ground.

 

"Ah, Sunbae-nim. I would have to apologise about what had happened earlier." Seungcheol bowed to the still sitting girl. 

 

Joy smiled awkwardly, obviously uncomfortable with where the conversation was going, "Ah, aniyo it's okay S.Coups-shii. To be honest, I was quite taken back with what had happened earlier but Yeri had already explained to me so it's fine really," Joy gave a slight giggle, "You sir, should really discipline your Dongsaengs." 

 

Seungcheol smiled at the sound of her giggle. It activated the butterflies in his stomach.

 

"Ah neh, I will make sure that the diva responsible would be punished severely in the dorms," S.Coups smiled at their progressing conversation, "Oh! Sunbae, I almost I forgot. I came here to ask if you could help me this time.”

 

Joy cocked her head to the side, seemingly confused by his statement, "Why? What's wrong? What do you want me to do?" 

 

Her sudden worried face made Seungcheol feel weird inside. Why would she worry about him like that?

 

"N-no nothing like that," Seungcheol gulped suddenly feeling very warm, "I was wondering if we can become friends.”

 

Joy worried face was replaced with a more confused one.

 

"It seems like my members had taken a liking in teasing me with you after our initial accident," Seungcheol looked away feeling embarrassed, "I feel like their teasing might stop after we show them that we are actually friends who don't produce this awkward atmosphere whenever they are around each other." 

 

Joy looked at her lap, trying to process the information that the boy had dumped on her. 

 

The members did seem to have also taken a liking to teasing her during their overlapping schedules. Joy had also wanted the teasing to stop from her side. She was afraid that the media might accidentally get the wrong idea. She was scared to be in a scandal, she had seen countless Sunbae who had lost their careers due to false rumours and scandals. She didn't want to be like them. 

 

"Okay, Seungcheol-Shii" Joy sighed through her smile, "What did you exactly have in mind?" 

 

Seungcheol was taken back. He hadn't expected the girl to agree so quickly, "R-really?? Ok, I-I was thinking maybe we should start getting to know each other first." 

 

"Ah! Maybe we can swap numbers," Sooyoung clapped her hands together in thought, "My members have actually taken a liking to your group, so I was surprised to know that they have your numbers too. So I felt left out when I realised that I only have Wonwoo-chingu's and Seungkwan's number so I guess I this is the first step to knowing you guys" 

 

Seungcheol smiled at her blabbing. He found it cute. He knew she was somewhat uncomfortable with the topic but, never the least, he found her cute

 

So much so that he ended up staring at her for too long. 

 

"Seungcheol-shii?" Joy asked, "Are you okay?" 

 

Seungcheol looked at her blankly before replying, "Ah, neh, Sunbae. Uhm do you have your phone here?" 

 

Joy quickly fished her phone from the desk behind her, "Here it is, what's your number?" 

 

Seuncgheol suddenly remembered something important, "Ah. mian, I-I forgot my phone in the dorm today. H-how about I just tell you my number and then you can t-text me later so I can get your number." 

 

Seungcheol learnt from his slip up a couple of months ago. He was not about to let himself give her his phone number which could lead to her finding his secret identity. So he gave her a deceiving smile despite grasping his phone in his pocket. 

 

Joy flashed him a sweet smile before urging him to go on, oblivious to the sweaty palms of the stammering boy.

 

Seungcheol racked his brain for a number. Manager-Hyung. Seungcheol had always remembered Manager-Hyung's number because he was told to memorise his number in case of emergencies. And he very well thought that this was an unavoidable emergency. 

 

"051-212-3456" Seungcheol smiled at her, hoping that the girl had bought his lie.

 

Joy nodded as she punched the number into her phone, "Ah neh, I will text you later Seungcheol-shii." 

 

Seungcheol gave a sigh of relief not realising that he had in fact held his breath, "Ah, aniyah Sunbae. No need to use formal speech with me,"

 

Seungcheol smiled thinking of the moment that the girl would call his name without feeling like a stranger, "Especially since we're friends now." 

 

Joy smiled in return before Seungcheol left the room to head back towards s. She looked down to the numbers typed into her phone, she wondered what her next actions would be.

 

 

---

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Seungcheol had raced back to his group's changing room where s were anxiously waiting for his return.

 

The members had been punishing the diva for Seungcheol while he was away. They had made him purchase food for their leader for when he returns. They had also made him go on all fours, placing the purchased food on his back as he became a table. 

 

The members had all hoped that somehow, all these things would be enough to calm down the raging leader. So when he came back practically to skipping to their changing room with a smile on his face, the members were all confused. Wasn't he furious a few minutes ago?

S.Coups sat on the couch with a thud. A smile never leaving his face. 

 

The members were all cautious, waiting for the time where they would need to take cover for when their leader to erupts like they expected him to do so. However, it never happened. 

 

Seungcheol remained sitting the couch with a smile on his face.

 

Sensing that the atmosphere around him was tense, Seungcheol glanced at his quiet members, "Yah, why are you guys like that? What happened while I was gone?" 

 

The members looked at each other in worry. Choosing, Woozi, the person who would least likely trigger their leader's anger to do the talking, "Hyung, aren't you still angry about what happened earlier?" 

 

"Yeah, well something happened that made me really happy," Seungcheol replied with a smile. 

 

"So how did it go Hyung?" Jonghan asked the still blissful leader, "What did she say?" 

 

"Well, she agreed" Seungcheol smiled back. 

 

"Agreed to what?" Hoshi asked. 

 

"Agreed to be my friend," S.coups smiled as he reminisced. 

 

This caused the boys to sigh in defeat. How could the boy be so happy about such a simple thing? They had thought that their leader had finally manned up and asked the girl for a date, however, a simple friendship did seem like a giant step for someone like Seungcheol. The boys smiled at each other, at least Seungcheol finally gained enough confidence. 

 

Knowing that their leader was happy, the members had all went with their normal routines, spacing around the room to find something to do with the remaining time.

 

"Oh yeah," Seungcheol's face brightened as he remembered something important, "Where is manager Hyung?"

 

"He went to talk to the producer," Dino nonchalantly replied, "Apparently there was something important to discuss." 

 

Seungcheol merely nodded at the youngest before heading towards his manager's direction. Determined to bargain his way into receiving the most important phone in the world.

 

 

---

 

 

 

That following night, Seungcheol had laid on his bed with two mobile phones by his pillow. 

 

He had been begging his manager Hyung for his phone for the whole day. He was prepared to bargain anything to the point that he was willing to exchange the life of his own brothers for the precious phone. 

 

Joy was going to message him through that phone so Seungcheol wanted to be able to reply to every single text from his newest friend. 

 

By the end of their negotiation period, it was decided. Seungcheol is unable to complain and cause any trouble for 1 whole year. His manager had specifically stated that he also expects the other members to be fully cooperative for the coming months. Of course, the boy had agreed within a heartbeat. Totally engrossed with the possibility to further befriend the tallest Red velvet member. 

 

After their exchange, the leader skipped back to s with an elated feeling.

 

 

---

 

 

 

Picking up her phone, she had begun to type a simple message to the leader of the 13 member group. 

 

 

To Seungcheol-shii

Hello, this is Red velvet's Joy. As promised I texted you!

 

 

Not bother waiting for a reply, Joy opened a familiar conversation thread and begun to type. 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Seungcheol grabbed his manager-Hyung's old phone and saw a message from an unsaved number. It must be her.

 

Seungcheol read her message and anxiously punched a few letters into the reply box bouncing eagerly at her text. 

 

However, before he could even reply to her, his other phone had also received a message. 

 

 

From: Park Sooyoung

How was your night?

 

 

Seungcheol automatically switched phones and proceeded to reply to Joy as her unknown friend. 

 

 

To: Park Sooyoung

I'm good. A little bit tired from physical and mental activities. But don't worry, I'm still as handsome as ever. How about you?

 

 

A minute passed and her reply came.

 

 

From: Park Sooyoung

Pftt. I'm pretty sure your mirror disagrees with you.

I'm tired. The schedule is jam-packed again.

 

 

Seungcheol smiled bitterly knowing all too well what she means.

 

 

To: Park Sooyoung

Did you do anything interesting today? Meet anyone new?

 

 

Seungcheol wondered if the girl would tell him something unknowingly.

 

A longer wait was needed before a reply from Joy had been received. Taking a deep breath, Seungcheol opened the message.

 

 

From: Park Sooyoung

Ah yeah. Today I met a few kpop idols from different companies. I met a guy today, and somehow s pranked him by pulling his pants in front of me.

 

 

Seungcheol winced with the memory. How could she only remember him through that traumatic experience? 

 

 

To: Park Sooyoung 

Wow. Did you hit him for flashing you? 

 

 

Her reply came quickly, automatically putting a smile on his face. 

 

 

From: Park Sooyoung

Haha, sadly no. But to be honest it is a long going gag between the two of us. 

When I first met him I kind of accidentally flashed him too, so I guess it was just fair that he did the same. 

But if you tell anyone that I said that to you I will surely find you and kill you. 

Don't say I didn't warn you if you end up being buried alive one day.

 

 

Seungcheol read her message with a smug grin on his face. 'She remembers me' he thought. He quickly typed back.

 

 

To: Park Sooyoung

Oh, what an eventfully day. Well, what did he look like? I might know him.

 

 

Seungcheol smiled devilishly, placing a bait on the end of the hook for the unsuspecting fish. Then a message came almost as quickly as before.

 

 

From: Park Sooyoung

White skin, black hair and has dimples. I do admit he has good visuals. 

But he did act like an idiot in front of his friends sometimes. 

But, he did look pretty fit. Muscles and all. 

 

 

This message made the boy blush. She had described him as 'fit' what more can he want?

 

 

To: Park Sooyoung

Kekeke it sounds like you have a crush on him. You must have been staring at his exposed legs for a long time.

 

 

A few minutes later a reply came.

 

 

From: Park Sooyoung

Pfft. As if. Just because I said he was fit and that I like guys with good body doesn’t mean I will end up liking him.

Plus I only stared at his legs for a second, so that doesn't guarantee I actually saw muscles. 

Who knows, I might have seen flabs and thought it was rock hard muscles by mistake.

 

 

Seungcheol smiled at her reply. Trust her to be openly complimenting one person while directly insulting him at the same time.

 

That night, the boy smiled himself to sleep, thinking about the compliment that Joy unknowingly gave him.

 

All the secret trips to the gym had finally paid off at the end. 

 

Smiling at the diva sleeping on the bed across the room, Seungcheol gave himself a reminder to be a little bit kinder at Seungkwan when giving him his punishment tomorrow. 

 

After all, without the prank by the boy, Sooyoung would have never known his number, be his friend or compliment him unknowingly. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: 

I am back from the grave. By grave I mean school...life is so hard when you're not working or on holidays. 

Right now all I want to do is sleep but I decided to update since I have promised this update for a while now. 

I missed this couple so much. You guys have no idea how much I miss their antics. I like how they are somehow developing their non-exsistant relationship. Sorry if this fic is a little on the side of slow cook, as I like to develop our characters more before we get to the juicy bits.

Have you seen Red Velvet's comeback?? I love their MV it is so creative. Trust SM to be a sadistic company. Always putting their artists against each other. Lol based on the MV uri HotJoy died so many times. 

Anyways I wish Joy good health especially since she got injured recently. She's so fragile I hope she looks after herself properly. If it hurts, stop performing for a while and rest. 

Anyways hehehhe I hope you enjoy this. My writing has been a little bit different from my previous chapters since all I've been writing recently were essays and reports. so this chapter may seem more straightforward rather than comical. I hope you still like it, though. 

Guys comment please, this place is getting boring without you guys urging me to update as soon as possible.

My next update will be on my other fic 'Glimpses of Joy' That update will also be different from my previous chapters as I hope to expand my writing abilities. This coming chapter is a real challenge for me. A little hint, since I've only been writing fluff, angst, comedy...a different genre is needed to be added to the list. I think, the next chapter for that fic is JoyX Wonwoo so if you guys dared to jump ships then maybe you would enjoy that~ 

Don't forget to comment!