FANBOY

Unbeknownst: The story of the Unlikely Pair

 

Things had somehow been awkward between the two groups. Joy attempted to completely ignore the larger group. While the boys continued to greet her separately, bowing and addressing her in a playful manner. The boys would smile and address her as their sister-in-law or mother-in-law for some of the younger members. Of course, this would cause the black haired girl to blush mad red like a fire engine. 

 

Luckily for Joy, the two groups would only cross paths on music programs. However, the most awkward moments would arrive at the ending stage of such music programs. At the end of the program, all the performers were required to stay and congratulate the week's winners as well as thank the fans in the audience. 

 

This automatically means that some sort of interaction between the groups is bound to happen. 

 

It is at this moment where S.Coups is the most embarrassed. s would send knowing looks towards him whenever they would happen to see the girl group member. They would also give him playful jabs on his stomach whenever they have to greet each other. 

 

Yet despite all that, a goofy grin is still plastered on his face, whenever he was in the same building as her. 

 

Who really needs an interaction when you have seen the other in their underwear. Due to the rather (un)fortunate accident, the boys had begun to continuously play Red Velvet songs around the dorm to annoy the oldest. Almost all the members have in fact memorized the lyrics to their title track often uttering, "I scream, you scream, give me that, give me that, ice cream." 

 

A week has passed since then, and just like that, the group of boys had magically turned into avid fanboys of their sister-in-law's group. 

 

Promoting at the same time definitely has its perks. In a span of two weeks, the two groups had developed some sort of friendship revolving around the awkward moment between the leader and the ex-maknae. 

 

Some of the members had even exchanged numbers. This was of course because they had seen each other as family. After all, they were, in fact, relatives now. 

 

 

---

 

Fansigns are always a refreshing experience for rookie groups. Seeing the mass of people supporting you is exactly what Coups had looked forward to in his career. Interacting with each individual had been like a sacred process of gaining strength at the end of the day. So Coups is always careful to answer each question their fans have asked him. But one question left him rather speechless. 

 

"Seungceol Oppa, do you have any female group member numbers on your phone right now?" A pretty female fan had asked him as she handed her album to him to sign.

 

If it was any other day, then maybe Coups would have no trouble dodging that particular question. However, Hoshi had passed a number of a certain girl group member to him recently. And he had been having an internal battle if he should, in fact, attempt to contact her

 

"N-no, I only have my mum's num-" before he could finish, the members beside him had, of course, listened in on his conversation and interrupted him. 

 

"Nah hyung it's not good to lie," Seungkwan laughed at the older male, "Ask him instead if there are any girl groups he is a fan of."

 

This caused Wozzi to give his signiture cackle, both earning a glare from their leader. 

 

"So oppa has a girl group he likes? Since oppa doesn't look like he wants to tell me I won't ask," the girl sympathetically smiled at the leader.

 

Seungcheol apologetically smiled at the kind girl and continued to sign on her album. In return, Seungcheol had written a rather short response to her question. 

 

"I really like Red Velvet sunbaenims, their songs are really refreshing"

 

That particular fan was extremely confused, when she asked the same question to the other members, they all had no problem stating Red Velvet. However, the leader had begun to blush and sweat from being nervous with one question. Usually, judging from past videos, Seuncheol was the best with avoiding such question, however, today he seemed to be extra anxious. 

 

After the fansign, the group had entertained the remaining fans by asking common questions between each member. and of course, as planned by the members, the leader's questions were related to a certain event. 

 

The first question was 'Which girl group had caught his attention?' to which he shyly replied, "Red Velvet sunbaenims."

 

Hoshi asked the older male to further elaborate. "Their overall concept is really cool, their dance looks really hard and their songs are very catchy," Seuncheol replied while looking at the group while scratching his nape awkwardly. 

 

A string of objections could be heard from both s and the audience. He knew what the wanted to hear but he needed to be careful of his choice of words. Scandals are career destroyers, he needed to be smart. 

 

"And of course, they are all pretty," Seuncheol smiled to the audience. However, the members could feel a dark aura filled with a killing intent surrounding their leader. Hoshi cowered behind Mingyu, he knew what fate awaits him later in the dorms. He gulped in fear and smiled nervously, it was all worth it. The expression that their leader expressed was entertaining. 

 

DK poked his head out and asked Seungcheol a question, "What's your favourite animal?"

 

Of course, Coups knew what answer the boys had wanted to hear from him. Toad. So he smirked and deliberately gave a neutral answer avoiding letting the members win, "I like dogs."

 

Seungkwan looked at the other members if they had any other questions. Seeing no one else had any other question, Seungkwan decided to wrap things up and ask the final question to their leader. 

 

"Green and white polka dots or pi-" Before Seungkwan could finish Seuncheol had already answered the question, "Green and white polka dots."

 

This caused the rest of the members to burst in laughter. It seems that their leader had been really nervous wanting to shorten his time in the spotlight for the very time. Seungcheol then passed the microphone to the still laughing Woozi for his round of questions. It was obvious to the fans and the members that Seungcheol was definetly blushing bright red.

 

 

---

 

In the next following fansigns, Seungcheol had been receiving various lightsticks and posters of Red velvet, much to the amusement of s. A fan had even purchased an ice cream cake plushie and gave it to him as a present. Now their entire fandom had labelled the leader as a Red Velvet otaku who had watched every video containing the group while supporting them in the sidelines of music programs. 

 

The members had a good laugh after every fansign as they gather all the Red Velvet merchandise that their fans had gifted Seoncheol with. Once gathered they all took photos and sent it to Red Velvet members to see. Who had replied saying that some of their fans had already relayed the news, telling them that S.Coups had, in fact, become their newest fanboy.

 

Red velvet members had known that some carats had attended their fansigns to deliver this information. This caused the girls to laugh earning an awkward nervous laughter coming from one member. Some fans had also given Seventeen merchandise as a gift for the girls, as a way to let their Oppas be 'noticed by their senpai'. 

 

 

---

 

On their way home from their latest schedule, Joy's phone vibrated abruptly. The screen showed a bright light waking up the majority of the members taking a nap on the van. Scrunching her nose, Joy slowly allowed her eyes adjust to the bright light of her phone screen. 

 

A message has arrived.

 

"From an unknown number?" Seulgi stated as she peeked over the taller girl's shoulder, "Is this one of your seassang fans again?" 

 

Joy shrugged her shoulder before opening the message. 

 

Unknown number: Hi

 

Joy was left confused, "That's it?" 

 

Joy replied with her thumbs speedingly typing across the screen. 

 

Joy: Sorry, you must have the wrong number, who is this?

 

Putting her phone on her lap, Joy proceeded to take another nap before reaching their dorm.

 

---

 

Meanwhile, in a dance practice room elsewhere a sweating boy couldn't hide his happiness. She had replied. Once again, a goofy grin is plastered on his face.

 

Seuncheol had been fighting an internal battle with himself if he should, in fact, contact her. After million times of trying and re-typing his first message, He finaly settled with a measly 'Hi,' and with a spur of the moment, he had hit send. 

 

After realising he had done so, he proceeded to go around and whine to s about his mistake. This, of course, annoyed the hell out of the members, aegyo was severely hated by some of the members. 

 

However when a reply had arrived, Seungcheol jumped up from his seat and stared at his phone for a long minute before screaming an enthusiastic, "She replied!" 

 

The members automatically huddled around their leader to catch a glimpse of the message. To avoid any fights between the members, Seungcheol decided to give the phone to Jeonghan to read out loud. Seungcheol would have done it if he wasn't so excited, he could hardly sit still as it is. 

 

"Sorry, you must have the wrong number, who is this?" Jeonghan burst out laughing as he read the short and straightforward message. 

 

The rest of the boys joined in his laughter, however, Seungcheol remained sitting with his big hands covering his blushing cheeks. A goofy grin still etched into his face. 

 

"She wants to know who I am" Seungcheol whispered bashfully. 

 

Woozi looked at his best mate before shaking his head in embarrassment. 'God help this child' he thought.

 

 

 

 

A/N: 

This chapter is created thanks to Kangseulrvtjoy

Ahoy me hearties! This is one of the longest time we have set sail. Now we have docked in an unknown island to rest and restock our food supplies for our next voyage. 

In normal words, hi, this had been my longest chapter so far. Now we can all rest and look forward to the next chapter. 

 

Anyways I love this fic more than the other one, this one is fun and makes me feel happy whereas the other fic makes me too dramatic...to much drama you know?

 

Anyways have you seen Seventeen's ice cream cake version? Kill me now, let the ship sail! like I spazzed so much! This whole week is about Red Velvet, the Descendants of the Sun's appearance to Bbyu music video release and of course Seventeen's girl group stage. I just can't. I can't handle so much happiness. 

 

Can someone please make me some pictures for my poster each week? You know those old looking maps with the voyage of the ship mapped up. Those. I want those for each chapter. So each chapter represents each journey, once the chapter is finished then the boat would be docked on an island. If you are interested please do pm or message me. 

Please comment, I actually really love comments. They give me life! or you can just suggest what you want to see next.