OF SWEAT AND BIRTHDAY CAKES

Unbeknownst: The story of the Unlikely Pair

 

 

S.Coups is currently drenched in sweat, his body heaved up and down as he took deep breaths in and out. 

 

Seuncheol was once again in his thigh fitting gym clothes drench with sweat from his latest workout. Album promotions had just ended recently, Seventeen does not have any schedules assigned today or in the near future. So, losing weight or focusing on maintaining his body was not a from the company, as you can see by Hoshi's seemingly rounder cheeks. 

 

Yet, Scoups had just finished another 10 chin ups. His hair drenched from sweat. He let a damp towel rest on his shoulder. 

 

Time to go home. 

 

Once he stepped into the cramped dorm, he automatically saw some s lazing around the living room. Some were hidden inside their rooms, sleeping or just wanting peace amidst the chaos. And, of course, some were huddled around the dining room table. 

 

Hoshi, Seungkwan, DK, and Mingyu were all surrounding a bowl of ramen. Seungcheol loves ramen. A spicy yet refreshing smell was in the air, and it made him gulp. For a few days since the episode, Seungcheol had decided to into a healthy diet and intense workout to 'strengthen the condition of his body.' The members had all laughed of course. 

 

He is already the strongest and the healthiest member of the group. He doesn't need to gain muscle on his already existing muscles. Well if all she had to do was mention her ideal type to make this Hyung move, the boys would have considered to bribe her to say a few words to their leader regarding their strict training regimes. Some of the members are still in highschool, late night practice doesn't mix with early morning calculus.

 

"Hyung would you like some?" DK invited his Hyung to pull out a chair beside him, "It's ramen, your favourite."

 

Before Coups could even answer, Diva Boo had butted in, "He can't, DK, he's trying to lose weight and impress his crush."

 

Scoups slapped Seungkwan's face with his sweaty towel, "What crush are you talking about?" 

 

Wozzi entered in the dining room with a cup of coffee in his hands, "Don't even pretend as if you don't know, we know, you know, we all know."

 

Seungcheol rolled his eyes, "Whatever, just don't come to me crying when the president comes over and whoops your for being fat in a seassang photo."

 

Seungcheol moved to go to his bed and rest when Hoshi called out to him, "Hyung, We have a letter addressed to us" 

 

Seungcheol stopped and looked at the smiling boy waving a rather peculiar unopened envelope in his hands, "We didn't open it because we didn't want to die if it is some sort of poisonous gas sent by haters. So we left it for Hyung to open it." 

 

"Great, thanks for the love" Seungcheol sarcastically smiled at the boy. 

 

The oldest boy slowly opened the closed envelope, he grabbed a rather thick fancy paper, unfolding it he read its contents out loud to the listening members. 

 

"Dear Seventeen, we are happy to invite you to Super Junior's Donghae's 29th birthday. Since this will be his final birthday prior to his enlistment we have gathered both his personal fans and closets friends. You have been personally requested by the celebrant to be present for the blowing of his candles. He had specifically stated that presents are not necessary and would like you to attend as a group instead. The party would be held in XXX and would begin at 8:00 pm. He had requested for all his guests to dress up in costumes, "The bigger the better," he said. We hope to see you until then!"

 

"Do you think manager Hyung would let us go?" Dino asked in wonder. 

 

"Wouldn't it be disrespectful not to go since he had personally invited us?" Jeonghan replied. 

 

"I guess its time to go and figure out our costumes," Seunghceol sighed while dropping his gym bag outside his room shared with the leader line. Once he had walked into his room and closed his door, a sudden buzz was amiss. 

 

"Who wants to bet he wold wear his Edward Cullen outfit just because he wants to show her that he is a bad boy with muscles?" Diva boo loudly whispered to the rest of s, "Its a 6,000W entry fee"

 

"6,000W here" Jeonghan fished for his wallet. 

 

"Nah, Hyung would end up wearing a very tight shirt and black leather jacket and would attempt to give off a bad boy aura" Hoshi handed his money to the bet master Diva Boo, "Just you watch".

 

After a few minutes of settling their in-house betting agency, the members had nothing else to do than anxiously waiting for the fated night.

 

---

 

The boys had all gathered outside their dorms in their respective costumes. 

 

"Hoshi time to pay up!" Jeonghan raised his hand with his palm held out, "You lost the bet."

 

"Aish" Hoshi grabbed his wallet and paid the betting penalty. 

 

The rest of the members had begun to give money to the other members. Seungcheol had been extremely confused, 'What was the bet about?' he wondered.

 

---

 

Donghae's last birthday before enlisting to the army was supposed to be big. All the smtown groups are invited with about 100 of his personal fans. Donghae had also invited his actor friends who were in the country. A rather random addition included a small group 13 boys huddled like a small school of fish. 

 

Since being one of the few non-SM artists, Seventeen had problems trying to interact with the other people in the massive hall. Good thing Super Junior and Girls Generation were all nice enough to casually converse with them.The older group members of smtown seemed to adore the younger groups.

 

Both Super Junior and Girls Generation are especially fond of the 13 member group. Seventeen was probably loved by Super Junior because they have multiple similarities. They all had a large number of members. They all had to go through a lot of hardships during their trainee days. They all had huge burdens to carry from their companies who had invested they're all to them. They were the same, and it was/is hard for them. 

 

One by one Girls generation had slowly walked closer to the group. 

 

"You guys are so cute!" Hyoyeon squealed in delight. 

 

Yuri playfully slapped the dancer's back, "Stop it Hyo! You look like a cougar. Sorry about that!" 

 

"Aniyo, sunbae-nim it's okay," Hoshi bowed to the two girls while smiling. 

 

"So who is your leader?" Yoona walked closer to the group. 

 

"Me, Seungcheol imnida please look after me" Scoups raised his hand while shyly smiling. 

 

"Ah but you all look like babies, how old are you guys anyway?" Hyoyeon giggled. 

 

"I'm a 1995 liner, our maknae is a 1999 liner," Scoups explained.

 

The girls nodded their heads, Sooyoung (SNSD <<< AHH THIS IS GONNA BE ANNOYING ME...TOO MANY SOOYOUNGS) "Ah! so you guys are around the same age of our company's maknae!" 

 

"Yeah! maybe you guys can get know each other a little bit tonight" Tiffany wiggled her eyebrows to the huddled boys. 

 

The boys snickered while looking at their leader. It seems as if the whole universe wants their Hyung to end up with a certain smtown girl

 

"If one of you guys date one of our Red Velvet dongsaengs you guys have our full support!" Taeyeon teased the blushing leader, "Fighting leader-nim" 

 

This caused the boys to snicker even louder. Great, now even SNSD has given their blessings. The universe seems to like teasing the red-eared leader.

 

"Yeri-ah come over here for a second!" Yoona called over the youngest Red Velvet member. 

 

"Neh unnie?" Yeri jogged over to the large group and whispered softly, "Oh annyeong brother-in-laws!" 

 

This caused the Seventeen members to burst in abrupt snickers, "Whoops," Yeri smiled to no one.

 

The older female Sunbeas wore a confused expression on their faces, "I didn't know you guys are close" Sunny looked at the young girl wearing her favourite Hogwarts costume.

 

"Aniyo sunbae, we're not that close. We just met each other briefly on one of the music programs" Yeri explained. 

 

"Well, Yeri-ah since these guys are non-sm artist make sure your group takes care of them" Tiffany gestured towards the male group. 

 

Yeri smiled hesitantly and nodded, "Sure Tiffany-sunbae."

 

The famous Nation's girl group had walked away attempting to rob the eat all you can banquet at the back of the hall. 

 

"So, you guys got invited too?" Yeri informally addressed the males, "I guess you guys are pretty close to Super Junior Sunbaenims"

 

"Why are you guys aren't?" Dino asked his same aged friend (Semi-ship? One of our fleet?).

 

"Nah not really, we are like the youngest daughter while they are the oldest son so it is a bit awkward, But they are are realy nice to us anyways" Yeri replied, "Ah! wait let me get the unnies."

 

As a group  the girls returned with their respective costumes, Seulgi had matched with Jonghan dressing up as Harley Quinn. Wendy had effortlessly floated across the floor with her No-face costume while Irene dressed up as a cute nerd, Arale. Attached to her hand was Joy in her moon goddess costume. 

 

Sengcheol gulped upon seeing her. She was indeed a goddess. How he wished she was his beautiful goddess. 

 

Shaking such thoughts away, Seungcheol smiled at the said girl who just gave an awkward smile in return. Joy had felt extremely uncomfortable, she had all the attention and it was making it difficult to breathe. So when Coups had smiled at her so earnestly, she felt even more uncomfortable, thus, resulting in giving an awkward smile. But how else was she supposed to act, s were looking at her while giving their leader smirks here and there. 

 

"Cute," S.coups quietly muttered to no one in particular, sensing the weird atmosphere he rubbed his nape and asked the girls "Hey can you guys guess who we are?"

 

The girls smiled and began to point at the members one by one, guessing their costumes. 

 

"School kid" Wendy pointed to Dino. "Is Vernon-shii dressed as Seungkwan shii?" Vernon nodded his head shyly, "and Sengkwan-shii is dressed as Vernon-shii?" 

 

"Oh The8-shii is dressed as the Little Prince, I love the little prince" yeri hi-fived the foreign member. 

 

"Mingyu -shii is a vampire while DK-shii is a wizard like me" Yeri proudly showing off his Harry Potter costume. 

 

"Woozi-shii is dressed up as his other member," Irene pointed out, "Are you dressed up as Hoshi-shii?" 

 

Woozi nodded his head and smiled. 

 

"Ah, sorry Wonwoo-shii but I am not really sure who you are meant to be" Joy politely bowed to the tall Seulgi look-a-like. 

 

"Ah Aniyo, gwaenchanha sunbae-nim I'm meant to be Jacob from Twilight" He responded politely. 

 

Seungcheol had his lips pasted into a thin line. Yeri glanced at the leader and wondered, he wouldn't be jealous by that silly exchange of words. 

 

"Aniyah, we're the same age no need to be formal with me Wonwoo-shii" Joy smiled prettily towards the tall member. 

 

Yeri once again observed the leader who had now formed a fist on his sides.

 

"Ah, Hoshi-shii is dressed up as Woozi-shii right?" Yeri quickly interrupted the conversation between her unnie and the tall Seventeen member. She didn't want to see a fist fight to start. 

 

Hoshi flashed his signature smile and nodded. 

 

"Jun-shii is a pirate while Joshua-shii is a priest and Jeonghan-shii is Harley Quinn like me" Seulgi pointed out. 

 

"Is Scoup-shii a zombie?" Yeri asked animatedly. 

 

"Aniyah, try again" Seungheol informally talked to the youngest. 

 

"A vampire?" Seulgi had asked in response. Joy had wondered as to when exactly were her members so comfortable with the Seventeen leader.

 

"Close" Seungcheol smiled in response. 

 

"Ah! I know who, that guy from Twilight" Wendy had enthusiastically replied, "What's his name again?" 

 

"Edward" Irene courtly replied. 

 

"Neh me and Wonwoo were meant to match. I guess his costume wasn't clear" Seungcheol explained. 

 

"Yeah, next time you should just ask us for help," Yeri laughed, "Wendy unnie is best with finding a good character to cosplay" 

 

Wendy nodded her head, "I like dressing up tall members, so my model lately had been Joy, I wouldn't mind having Wonwoo-shii as my male model" 

 

'Way to egg on the negative aura emitting in dark waves from the male leader' Yeri had smiled at her unnie. 

 

Sensing the heavy aura, Wonwoo scratched his nape and awkwardly laughed in response. Oh boy, he was so dead once he gets home.

 

His blood boiled and his patience was tested. If jealous eyes could be personified, it would paint a picture of Seungcheol's face at that exact moment. Betrayal doesn't cover the feeling he had felt that exact moment. He felt like destroying something...or someone. ​It just happened to be one of s, but even then He wouldn't hesitate to challenge in public if needed.

 

The male members must have noticed the heavy aura and hopelessly attempted to change the conversation. 

 

---

 

The Super Junior members who saw the interaction of the two groups couldn't help but laugh. 

 

"Remember when that used to happen to us?" Ryewook asked the birthday celebrant. 

 

They looked on towards the group before nodding in agreement. 

 

"What would you wear to their wedding?" Donghae asked the smiling boy next to him while looking at the Seventeen's leader and the ex-maknae of Red velvet.

 

"Probably my navy blue tux" Ryeowook nonchalantly answered amused by the sight in front of him, "How about you?" 

 

"I don't know," Donghae smiled, "But we better be invited to their wedding, we technically helped them get together." 

 

Ryeowook scoffed at the statement from the birthday boy, "You know all we did was watch right?" 

 

"Yeah," Donghae replied, "But we watched and hoped for the best and that's good enough for me." 

 

Ryeowook grinned as he focused on the two groups talking awkwardly "You're hopeless" 

 

"Yeah," Donghae replied looking at Seongcheol who was obviously stealing glances at the tallest Red velvet member, "But so are they."

 

This time Ryeowook smiled in defeat. They definetly are.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: 

HELLO, I AM BACK FROM THE GRAVE~

This is pretty long so I decided to cut the birthday party into two parts. So we get to see the two groups interact, however, Joy and Coups are yet to talk to each other in real life situation. The line o the spoiler last chapter are in different colour just to show you how I would use the spoilers in future chapters. I hope that this chapter had rest your worries about it turning into a dramatic fic. I hope it is still funny to you guys.

I feel so tired, I hate school right now. It is so draining. 

Well, anyways here is the newest chapter, feel free to suggest any ideas for next chapters. I am open to suggestions. Please tell me if its getting boring, I think this chapter is really boring. 

The next chapter would be a continuation of this chapter and would be funnier in my oppinion. The next chapter will paint a picture of a terrified Wonwoo.

Thank you for waiting for this story. I hope to get your next chapter up by the first week next month. But I wouldn't know until I see my school schedule. So let's all pray that I may have an easy schedule for this coming weeks. Just saying that there is no guarantee on the update schedule for next chapter as my exams are coming up so please be patient with me.

PLEASE, COMMENT! I AM GETTING LONELY WRITING THIS BY MYSELF, I NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO...SO PLEASE COMMENT.