GREEN AND WHITE POLKA DOTS

Unbeknownst: The story of the Unlikely Pair

 

 

Televised Music programs aren't all the glitz and glamour that you would think it was. Backstage, you can see people running around like headless chickens yelling incoherent words to each other. At times, the backstage can seem so chaotic and crowded that the performers were forced to wear giant black and white name tags in order to keep them from being lost. 

 

 

Joy didn't have much of a problem with her group members. Red velvet liked to always stay in one corner, huddled around each other taking the silliest selcas that they could imagine. So losing a member will almost never going to happen.

 

 

Being the oldest of her 2 other sisters, it was no secret that she felt incredibly close with mischevious maknae Yeri. In times she would act as if Yeri was her own daughter, often holding her hand to guide her to prevent her from wandering off. 

 

 

So when an instance occurred where the little maknae was nowhere to be found after their latest shooting for MusicBank, the tallest member was sent into an instant panic. Frantically yelling for Yeri's name in the places where she would have normally visited. 

 

 

Once she returned to her waiting room, Joy was surprised to see her unnies casually lounging around while on their phones. We're they not worried at all?

 

 

"Unnie, aren't you worried?" Joy worryingly questioned the older members, "Yeri hasn't been seen by any of the staff after we've been off the stage" 

 

 

"She would be fine," Seulgi nonchalantly responded, "That girl can talk her way out of a kidnapping if she wanted to."

 

 

"Seulgi's right, Yeri can take care of herself" Irene nodded although giving Seulgi a slight nudge of her elbow for her poor choice of words, seeing that their former maknae was rather distressed. 

 

 

"Wendy-unnie," Joy looked over to the blonde korean-american hoping to find some sort of reassurance from the mother. 

 

 

"Alright," Wendy sighed as she stood up from her chair, dusting off the invisible dust that must have settled within the pleats of her skirt, "I will go around and ask the staff if they have any idea where the maknae wondered off to. Meanwhile, you can go around to the other rooms and look for her there."

 

 

 

--*---*---*---*---*--

 

 

 

Joy wasn't much of a social butterfly. In fact if she was alone without her members, she would have preferred to stay at one corner and just watch the world pass her by. 

 

 

So it was no surprise to have seen her nervously walking towards the backstage rooms of other artists. Out of instincts, her feet had lead to her labelmate's waiting room. Nervously, she rose her hand and softly knocked on the closed wooden door, "Sunbae may I come in?"

 

 

"Who is it?" A male voice answered back. 

 

 

"Sunbae, it's Red Velvet's Joy," She replied sweetly while whispering silent death threats to the maknae, "If I find you, I will kill you."

 

 

The door creaked open slowly, revealing a sleepy looking Key, "What's up Joy? Do you need anything?" 

 

 

Joy looked rather surprised with her sunbae's straight forward manner. She thought that her sunbae will welcome her into the room and look after her like they have done so before. Key must have noticed, as he ushered her into the room filled with other members and staff. Slowly and quietly, she bowed respectfully to the staff and members careful not to wake up the other sleeping members on the sofa. 

 

 

Joy came closer to the tanned SHINee member and suddenly remembered her reason for coming "Minho sunbaenim, have you seen Yeri?" 

 

 

The older man looked at her weirdly, "No why, is she missing? Do you want us to help you look for you?"

 

 

Joy quickly shook her head and smiled. All her labelmates are so nice to their group, "No sunbae, it's alright. I will look for her myself, besides I think your performance is soon. I wouldn't want to get you sunbaes in trouble, but if you do see her lurking somewhere please do tell her to go back to the waiting room." 

 

 

Minho smiled and gave a slight nod to the younger female with strawberry blonde hair. Joy bowed again in respect as she quietly tiptoed to the door. She gave a  last slight bow before completely closing the door. 

 

 

She gave a long sigh in relief before heading towards the other artists room. 

 

 

 

--*---*---*---*---*--

 

 

 

 She had almost visited all the rooms except the rooms that belonged to the new rookies. She felt even more nervous than she had been before. Most of the current rookies were around her age, she had always felt awkward with same-age-acquaintances. She never really knew why maybe it was due to the lack of respect on both sides or maybe because she felt awkward with the respect that she received due to being able to debut faster. Without her members, she felt even more nervous. Fidgeting with her skirt while thinking of the possible solution to her dilemma.

 

 

Outside a massive room for 2 male rookie groups, she could already hear the all the commotion. She heaved another long sigh before summing up enough courage to twist the doorknob open. But before she could even reach for the door knob, a sudden deep cough startled the doe-eyed blond beauty. Joy had literally given a loud squeal and jumped off the floor before landing in uncomfortably on the floor. Other people might have had thought that she had been exaggerating her actions but taking into acount that she had, in fact, had been extremely anxious, this reaction was rather tame in comparison to what she had been feeling before. 

 

 

"Omo, sorry about that. We didn't mean to startle you, you were just standing there for a really long time and we were wondering if you could move over so that we can get this food to the hungry members." A rather tall black haired male offered his hand to the fallen girl.

 

 

His rather small slit of eyes opened slightly in surprise. He had finally looked at the girls face and quickly recognised her as one of his sunbaes in the industry. He quickly withdrew his hand and gave a straight bow to the still seating female, "Anyeongasayo sunbae-nim, Shownu-imnida please watch over us." 

 

 

The other well built male next to him was left utterly confused. He kept on glancing between the bowing Shownu and the fallen girl. 'Was she really our sunbae?' He wondered. Taking a closer look at the female on the floor he had first noticed her odd position which left her skirt in an awkward position where a portion of her underwear was visible. This caused the male's ears to slightly reddened as he abruptly coughed while he looked away.

 

 

Shonwu stole a glance to the now red-faced male next to him and gave him a slight nudge in an attempt to make him bow to his senior. However, once Shonwu saw the colour of his friend's face, he was suddenly set into an instant panic. Shonwu straightened up and placed his palm on the boy's forehead only to be surprised with the sudden rise of his temperature. As Shonwu shook the boy the more he grew nervous as he remained unresponsive while turning an even darker shade of red. 

 

 

"P-pan" The boy shook his dazed look away as he shyly covered his mouth with his pale, shaking hands, "."

 

 

The fallen girl looked down to her lap and her eyes widened in surprise. In lightning speed Joy stood up, silently mumbled incoherent words and quickly bowed to the two boys before speeding off to who-knows-where. With a blushing face, she ran back towards her group's room, completely forgetting to look for the maknae. Opening the door, Joy quickly stepped into the room before closing it with a bang. Releasing a long sigh of relief, Joy slumped down to the ground and hid her burning face from the curious members.

 

 

"Unnie," Yeri was back, "Did you know that the fans left food for us in the foyer? Manager-nim made me go get the big box. We really do have the best fans in the world."

 

 

Normally Joy would have been delighted to have heard  about the abundance of food, however, after going through what must have been the most embarrassing moment of her life, Joy was out for blood. Joy grabbed the innocently babbling girl and placed her into her notorious choke hold. 

 

 

"If you leave without telling us again I will kill you myself," Joy warned the struggling girl, "You owe me." 

 

 

After Joy released Yeri, the younger girl was confused as to what would have warranted such a response from the tall girl. Yeri pouted as she expected her unnie to have been more excited. Joy's face returned back to the slight shade of pink as she once again remembered what had recently occurred. Yeri watched her in wonder, she was sure something happened to her unnie while she was gone and she was determined to figure out the mystery of 'The blushing Joy'.

 

 

 

--*---*---*---*---*--

 

 

 

"Coups, are you okay man?" Shonwu asked the still red faced male, "You scared me there."

 

 

"Green and white polka dots" He blankly stated in return.

 

 

A/N: 

Hello my fellow crewmates! I have been spazzing about these two since I can remember. so I have decided to make a fic about them. 

As you can see it is more of a melow fic as I have another fic that is full with drama and mystery so I decided to make the complete opposite, fluff and comedy! 

Anyways you might have noticed that I update as fast as a turtle and I would like to restate that I have a life outside spazzing about my crackship, though I would really like to spazz forever we all have certain responsibilities, so I am gonna balance job hunting, working, church responsibiliites, school and my other fic with this amazing crackship fic! 

Please support both groups and I promise that the rest of seventeen will make an appearance soon! 

Sorry about the gramatical errors, I am too busy to kinda read over them properly. Anyways hope you like it! 

ENJOY