Chapter 1

Flashlight (When Tomorrow Comes)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yunho shivered as a wave of cold air hit his entire body. Finally realizing that he had been sitting outside the hostel for the longest time, he sipped his fifth cup of coffee and winced at the cold feeling on his lips. The 19-year-old man had been staring into nothing for hours as his brain continued to process what had been announced earlier in the day. 


"I have good news!" 

Five sweaty trainees turned their heads towards the voice and gulped at the sight of their CEO. Yunho immediately gave him a respectful bow, nudging the others to do the same. The rest of the boys greeted the older man, who acknowledged them with a slight smirk. 

"I'm sure all of you have been wondering where I've been hiding these past few weeks," Mr. Lee began, "well, to keep things short, I've been planning your group's debut."

The shocking announcement turned the practice room silent. For the first time ever, all five men stared intensely into the man's unreadable face. The CEO simply rolled his eyes and let out a friendly chuckle. 

"Congratulations you clueless bastards! You guys are set to debut in four months! 


Yunho sighed for the umpteenth time and ruffled his hair aggressively. He heard light footsteps approaching him in which he gave no attention to. He only turned his head when he felt someone sit next to him and found himself staring at his best friend who seemed to have just woken up. Yunho realized that it was way past his bedtime and cursed at himself for wasting hours of his precious sleep. 

"Ho Jun-ah, pinch me," Yunho whispered. 

The other noticed Yunho's bloodshot eyes and knew right away that his friend has yet to get some sleep. Ho Jun let out a chuckle and playfully pinched his friend's cheeks. 

"This is real you idiot. It's finally happening," Ho Jun gave him a smile but Yunho noticed the tears that were starting to form in his roommate's eyes. The latter looked up into the sky, releasing a sigh of relief. 

"This is it Yunho-yah. We did it," Ho Jun's voice cracked, making Yunho look away. 

"Did we? I mean it's just," Yunho sighed once again, "it's just too good to be true you know? I... I don't want to go to sleep because I'm scared that I'll wake up and," Yunho paused. 

"And realize that all of this is just a dream?" the other guessed. 

Yunho nodded and faced his best friend asking for answers. Ho Jun could see the uncertainty running inside of Yunho but he knew him too well. No one and nothing could take that uncertainty away from him. 

"Yunho-yah, we've been working our asses off for 6 years. We all deserve this. You deserve this and you should never doubt that," Ho Jun tried convincing him, "all of our hard work has finally been paid off. We should be popping champagne bottles, not muck around in this staircase," Ho Jun gently shook his roommate. 

Yunho finally let out a laugh. "Save it for the actual thing Ho Jun-ah. We still have a long way to go," Yunho gave him a bitter smile, "it gets harder from here."

"I know but hey, this is one step closer to our dreams!" Ho Jun replied excitedly. 

Yunho w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter