Park Chanyeol, the New Student

Cheesy Lips and Marshmallows (archived and discontinued)

Chapter 002

 

“Hello, everybody!” I shouted, a big grin on my face as I entered the classroom with my arms raised.  

Everybody had their own way of greeting me. Some of them replied with the same enthusiasm, there were those who simply wave, others briefly mutter a ‘hi’, and, also, those who just ignore me. I’d always feel sad whenever they just ignore me. It shouldn’t be bothering me, but my little heart just can’t stand it.

I scanned the room and saw all of the faces I grew up with in this school. Sadly, all of my classmates who I had Kindergarten with before transferred to whatever school their parents would say is so much better than our school, Jinhwa Academy. Except for one.

“KYAHHHH!! It’s Kai!!”

It has begun.

“Kai is coming!!” my classmate with pigtails screamed as she jumped up and down giddily.

It always amused me whenever the girls in my class would fangirl over Jongin. It’s no surprise. He is handsome, but he should really get rid of that nickname of his. It sounds quite strange to me, but if he likes it, then so be it.

I realized that I was still standing by the doorway, but when I was about to move out of the way, a foot nudged one of my feet forward and a force pushed me back. A strong arm saved me from my fall and supported me from my back. It was such a good idea for not bringing my books on the first day of school.

“You were blocking the way, you pabo,” Jongin huskily said, frowning.

I raised my brows at him. “What do you think you’re doing, Jongin?” I could feel my heart frantically pounding in my chest. I hated falling backward since I couldn’t see where I would be landing on.

“Hey! What are you, calling me ‘Jongin’ all the time?! It’s Kai.” He made me stand up and I saw that his face looked redder than usual. He was wearing his uniform, but although he was wearing it like how all the other boys in this school are supposed to wear their uniform, his always had this some sort of twist to it that made it look so y, as said by the girls I overheard while I walked down the hallway last school year. I looked behind him and saw his usual group of friends behind him, stifling their laughter.

I pouted; I didn’t understand what they were laughing about. Even Jongin looked suspicious. And, I was the one who was pushed back. How mean.

“Nice seeing you again, Jongin,” I smiled at him as I made my way towards the rows of seats.

I scanned my classmates for a face and I found her. Kim Hana, my best friend.

“Hello, Hana-yah~” I greeted smiling even more widely at her. She was sitting down reading a book, and it took her a minute for her to register that I was still standing right in front of her desk.

“Ah, hello, Soo.” She said giving me nice smile turning her eyes into crescents.  

Hana is like that. She’s quiet and demure, like an innocent child. I found it so adorable.

I lightly pinched her cheeks like always making sure that I don’t move her big, round glasses as she returned to her book. I smirked, knowing that right after she finishes that book she is reading, she’d be gushing all her feels to me and her opinions about the content. 

Hana has fair skin and is honestly very beautiful. Despite the girls gossiping about how weird she is with her carrying a book all the time, she is dearly loved by the boys due to how flawless she looks.

From behind me, I could hear Jongin and his friends still laughing, but this time, there were other people’s laughter joining in.

I looked behind me and all of a sudden, they just stopped and looked away. I shrugged my shoulders and placed my bag on the seat beside Hana’s.

A piece of paper fell gracefully onto the ground. I furrowed my eyebrows, because it seemed like it came from my back. I picked it up and held it in between my fingers.

In messy writing, it said, “I .”

I blankly stared at it for a few seconds when most of the people in my class erupted with laughter. I felt my stomach cave in.

I sighed and just walked to the trash bin and threw the paper into it. From the corner of her eye, she could see that Hana closed the book and was looking at her with a look she knew. Worry with a mix of anger.

That made the corners of my mouth turn up.

Class finally started when the teacher, Miss Jung, came in. “Students, please take your seats,”

“I know you know who I am. Miss Jung, if you couldn’t recall.” Miss Jung continued on. I knew this old speech. She always repeats it every school year. We always see her since she’s our Math teacher.

Instead, I observed my classmates. Hana still had her nose buried in her book. A romance novel, judging by the rose on the cover and including the word, “Kiss”.

Jongin was bullying another person. This time, an unlucky guy who I was partnered with in Chemistry.

I remembered that he has been always a bully. Even in Kindergarten. I could recall the feeling of the tiles and the shoe marks on the parts of my burger eraser. I hated him so much that I would never fail to glare at him whenever he’s not looking. Now? I’m not sure if I hate him, but I know that I still kind of do, considering that he bullies almost everybody in school. I’ve grown to understand that his life must out of school. Who knows? I certainly know how that feels. I blink, trying to take out the image of my mom manifesting itself in my head.

“We have a new student today, class,”

I snapped my attention back at Miss Jung who was standing by her desk by the board.

“It was so nice of him to be attending today, for he just moved in with his family too.” The teacher looked too happy. It was weird.

“Going back to what I said of him being a new student, Jongin and Soojung, you may know him.” She was grinning broadly. “He used to be your classmate,”

Wh-what?

“Park Chanyeol, you may come in now.”

No…

Chanyeol came in, wearing a black shirt and denim jeans. It was him. Park Chanyeol, the chubby boy who used to play with me all the time and tease me, is here.

He is here.

All the pieces came together into a whole and it all made sense. I stared at him as I heard everybody gasping at his tall height and fluffy hair.

“Yeol…” I accidentally said. Realizing that some of my classmates must’ve heard me, I blushed.

“Hello, everybody,” He bowed as his deep voice vibrated through the classroom. Everybody was silent. “I’m Park Chanyeol. Please take care of me.”

I just stared at him, my face blank.

Even as people clapped, even as he took his seat somewhere to the left, even as we were dismissed and left the classroom to our first subject, even as we already took our seats and Chanyeol was not there (maybe, he was assigned to a different classroom), all I could see in front of me was young, chubby Chanyeol’s cheese stained lips and him holding a wrapped, long marshmallow.

His cheesy lips and marshmallow.

 


 

 

 

A/N: Omg, I'm sorry that it took me forever. I know that only one person subscribed to this story at the moment AHAH! But, I hope that I could make you happy with this. It's short, I know.. :( I'll try focusing on this story now, because I should try being responsible for once. And, yeah. Thank you~ :) If you have any thoughts, tell me!

Note: If I'm not mistaken, I read somewhere that Kai loves being called Jongin. I shall justify that in one of my future chapters. Hehe~

Now, enjoy this face. (Image is not mine :D Credits to the owner)