Hot Morning

Cheesy Lips and Marshmallows (archived and discontinued)

Chapter 001

I was sitting during class when it happened.

It was still early in the morning. I had no idea what I’d expect. Everybody looked so happy to be with each other. How I even walked into the classroom proved unknown to me. But, all I remember was, I was still small. I still did not know how to write my name, and I still did not know how to tie my shoelaces. I was in Kindergarten.

From my young mind, I expected people to approach me and say ‘hi’. That’s what the adults would usually have done, but nobody came toward me. I was all alone.

BUT, that did not depress me. I still had my imagination back then.

Taking my eraser of different kinds of food out from my Barbie roller bag, I placed all three individually on my table and started doing weird stuff with them.

That was when somebody took my Burger eraser and ripped it apart piece by piece and threw it on the floor.

To my horror, I cried and fell to the floor, feeling the cold, dirty, yellow tiles underneath my hands and arms. I looked up to see the culprit with the tears still staining my eyes.

I saw a boy, who was skinny. His brown hair was so fluffy and brown that it looked like some kind of wig thrown on his head. He was with two other kids who both wore the same expression—disgust.

The skinny boy laughed at me and I was just—there.

I kept crying until the teacher finally picked my frail body from the floor and scolded the boys, who, of course, looked like they didn’t care.

I was placed back on my seat, however, I was struck with a strong need to be able to go home. The erasers didn’t grant me the comfort I seek, so I just stared at the nothingness in front of me.

I remember.

That was the day I learned to stop caring.

 

It’s funny, though.

BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT I WOULD DO, I STILL CARE. Q.Q

 

 

“Soo, breakfast is ready! Get your down here!”

My dad’s voice called from the first floor of our humble abode. It was around 7 am in the morning and school starts at 8. I have all the time in the world.

“Waitttt~” I cooed from my room.

I scanned the entity of my room and found everything a mess. The vanity had cosmetics scattered all over it (not that I use them). My closet was still open, revealing my variety of clothing. But, despite all the other extravagant clothes my dad has spent his money on to make me look girly and sweet, I always end up using almost the same plain black shirt, ripped jeans, and neon blue converse every single day. My dad complains, but I’ll never change. Ever. 

I looked at all the books scattered on my desk by the window we need for this school year (I'm becoming a Year 9 student!) and I sighed. Look at all this junk! Just kidding. I decided to not bring them yet since it’s the first day of school. Plus, who would want to bring thick chemistry and physic books around school when you don’t have a locker yet?

I picked up the feather-weight red JanSpree bag from the floor and rolled the straps unto my shoulders.

“Okaay, I’m all set.” I assured myself. One last look at the mirr- No. I look hideous. And, forever I shall be.

So, I burst out of my room and flew down the staircase.

Our house is small, but it’s fine. I prefer it this way so that when I lose something, it’s easy to find. That’s what I’ve been told by my mom when I was still some kid. Where’s my mom, you say?

Well, I don’t know either. She passed away when I was 6 so it had been me and my dad against the world.

Speaking of my dad, …

“FATHER, DEAR FATHER! THANK YOU FOR THIS MEAL!” I shouted at him with a big smile on my face as I plopped down on the chair by the dining table.

My dad has been flipping more pancakes when I arrived, so when I gave him his daily dose of good morning, he accidentally threw the pancake so high that when it fell, it landed on the plate on the counter beside the stove.

He turned his head and glared at me. “Soo Jung! What in the world? Someday I will become very old so if you keep continuing this I'd have more wrinkles and look like a grandpa—WHEN I’M NOT, may I add.  Don’t make the inevitable come closer, ‘kay?”

I just giggled at this and scanned the table filled with pancakes and bacon. I felt my stomach go through the cephalic phase, thus, making it grumble. Juicyy… Deliciouss… Bacccccooooonnn…

BEEP, BEEP

Wasn’t that the school bus?

I averted my eyes from the bacon that I had pierced by my fork and looked at the clock on the wall. It was 7:45.

Wait. I thought it was 7… I pulled out my phone from my backpack and clicked the Home button. It blinked into life and … oh shet.

“DAD, FIX MY CLOCK, PLEASE!!” I screamed and got out of my seat, ripped the tissue napkins from the roll at the counter and grabbed two pancakes and three pieces of bacon from the plates.

My dad was leaning against the counter, wiping his glasses while continuously keeping an eye on the pancake being cooked. I took that nano-second to stare at my dad’s features. There were graying stands of hair on his scalp and his forehead had light wrinkles. He’s around 40 years old, but that’s okay. He’s still mentally cool and silly. That’s my dad.  

“See! This is what you get for sleeping late last night! I know I have no proof that you did, but I know it. Because, I am your father.” He said dramatically, pointing his gaze at me with his slightly slanted eyes. He was definitely right.

I kissed his cheek and ran out the door.

It’s school time.

The bright sun rays hit my face and I squinted. Covering the rays with my arm, I walked down the lawn toward the bus. As I was walking, there was a moving van parked by the house beside ours.

My excitement perked up even more. This is interesting. The house beside us was finally bought by someone. I expected the former owners to lower down the high price, but this is as surprising as it is.

“Yeol, your bus is here!” somebody spoke from the back of the moving van. It looked like an adult around the age, hmm, let’s see, 40 too, I think. He was wearing sun glasses and was quite stout. He was currently trying to take out a large box from the van.

“Yeah, yeah! Bye, dad!”

What. Was. That.

Such a deep voice. How does such a y and deep voice exist in this world!

And, boom. My ovaries exploded.

From the passenger seat of the other car parked, which I assumed was owned by the ones moving into the house—a Sedan, maybe, emerged a leg.

A long leg.

And then, the whole body.

Kill. Me. Now.

The dude was so tall. He was wearing sunglasses too. His denim jeggings hugged his legs perfectly and his black shirt fit him like a sock. I’m in love.

I was too distracted that I didn’t notice myself staring as I boarded the bus. I wasn’t looking where I was going so when I was about to put my foot on the bus, I missed and would have fallen flat on my face (along with my pancakes and bacon) if it weren't for these pair of hands that grabbed me by my waist.

I screeched and stood up straight. My eyes were as big as saucers when I turned back to see the hot dude looking right back at me with his sunglasses.

“You okay?” I heard him whisper in his deep chocolate, y, delicious, hot, attractive, turn-on, -

“Hey, we’re gonna be late! Get your asses up here!” The driver shouted.

The two of us got in and I heard the sliding doors join together with a 'tssk'.

When the hot dude took some random seat and I did too, I felt my stomach feel very warm. I looked at the food in my hands and took a bite out of a pancake. I couldn't help but wonder if I have ever seen him before. It seemed like I should be remembering something, but what?


 

A/N: 

I edited this chapter :3 hehe. Enjoyyy~ Thank you! :D