Chapter 19

Tainted

 

 

Kyuhyun frowns a little as he finally turned his phone back on when he was back on Celestial grounds, having had turned it off during his mission. There were only two notifications on it, one of them being a message he had received before his mission from Heechul, that said: ‘ up and earn that $$$’.

He rolls his eyes.

Another was a message from Yesung that was sent during his mission, the text reading ‘I’ll be waiting~’ followed by three pink hearts that Kyuhyun may or may not have cringed at a little.

But that was sent a good seven hours ago, the time now reading 5 a.m.

The mission had taken a lot longer than he, Donghae, and Eunhyuk had anticipated. They were given inadequate information; the three of them thinking they were handling only one monster, when in reality it was a nest of five.

They were capable of taking them all down with ease, but because of the misinformation, they were left a little unprepared, hence why it took a little longer than expected.

He felt guilty, since he did promise Yesung he would return early.
He could only imagine how sad the younger must have felt, laying in bed alone, waiting for hours.

He sighs to himself, trying to think of something to make up to the other as he unlocked his door, trying his hardest to be quiet.

The room was dark, very dimly lit by the moonlight streaming in through the open curtain, indicating that the other must be asleep by now.

He slowly, quietly makes his way towards the bed, his eyes finally focusing in the darkness as it landed upon the figure of his lover on the bed, sound asleep.

A small smile forms on his lips as he watches the boy sleep, his soft breathing long and even, a peaceful expression on his resting face.

His smile falls from its place however when he realized that the boy was one-hundred percent serious about his promise during training; Instead of wearing his usual nightshirt-only and pantless attire to bed, the boy had taken to a black, lacey peignoir (long outer garment) that was quite sheer, revealing that he was wearing nothing else but a matching pair of silken black underwear and a lace garter on his upper left thigh. His messy raven hair was still a little damp as well, indicating he had showered and cleaned himself up earlier on in the night. He spent time in getting ready and pretty for Kyuhyun, but yet Kyuhyun had missed it all and took it for granted.

Along with his seductive attire, on the nightstand, there were several candles with burnt wicks, but the small flames had been long extinguished by now.

Yesung was currently curled up on top of the blankets for warmth instead of beneath it, showing that he had been waiting patiently the whole time until he had accidentally dozed off.

The guilt settles down even heavier in Kyuhyun’s heart as he watches the boy sleep, not expecting the raven to actually go through with his words. Yesung had prepared everything for a romantic evening.

Kyuhyun sighs again to himself, deciding he would make it all up to the younger tomorrow.

He gently slides his bag off his shoulders and attempts to quietly set it on the hard ground, trying to be as silent as possible to not wake the other.

However his efforts were in vain when his phone suddenly rings, startling him greatly causing him to drop his bag with a loud thump, the bag containing some heaven weaponry.

He fumbles to find his phone in his pocket and answers it quickly, hurrying away towards the kitchen since it was the furthest room from his bedroom.

“What?!” he hisses into the phone, trying to keep his voice at a whisper.

Hey, did Eunhyuk leave his phone in your bag?” came Donghae’s voice on the other line.

Kyuhyun tries his hardest not to sigh in frustration as he closes his eyes, taking in a deep breath; the bag was back in the bedroom.

“Let me check,” he murmurs in defeat, tip-toeing his way back towards the other room where he had dropped it.

He sneaks into the dark room quietly, putting his training to use, but comes to an abrupt stop when he catches sight of soft blue eyes watching him curiously from the bed.

His heart drops a little, saddened by the fact that he had not only broke his promise now, but he had disturbed the sleeping raven as well.

He reaches down and picks up Eunhyuk’s phone from the ground where it had slid out of the bag from when he dropped it.

“Yeah, it’s with me. I’ll bring it to you guys tomorrow,” he mutters into the phone before hanging up quickly, not bothering to wait for a response.

He sets the device away as he glances back over to Yesung again, eyes full of remorse as he climbs onto the bed.

“Hey,” he calls out softly. “I didn’t mean to wake you,”

Yesung doesn’t respond though and reaches up with one hand instead, a silent invitation for him to come closer.

Kyuhyun follows his beckoning, leaning down closer to the raven and presses a soft kiss to his forehead as the boy gently rests his hand against Kyuhyun’s cold cheek, caressing the chilled skin.

The elder settles down next to him as he nestled his face into the crook of the raven’s neck, gently sliding an arm around the boy’s slim waist as he melted into the younger’s warm embrace.

He smelled amazing, a mix of vanilla and a sweetness he couldn’t quite name, but it was beautiful and soothing to his tired mind. He tugs the slender boy tighter against his own body as he inhaled deeply, taking in more of his scent.

“I’m sorry,” Kyuhyun mutters quietly against the boy’s skin, feeling that he at least owed him an apology for returning so late, and not taking his promise seriously, closing his eyes for a moment as the younger reached up and gently combed his fingers through his messy curls.

“Go take a shower,” Yesung says simply, dismissively.

Kyuhyun frowns a little, not knowing if he was forgiven or not.

He tightens his arms even more, pulling him closer, almost suffocating the poor raven.
“I’m sorry,” he repeats again, hoping that the other just didn’t hear him the first time.

“Stop it,” the raven muttered sternly, untangling himself from the elder’s strong hold. “Go take a shower, you’re skin is cold and you reek of blood and sweat.”

“But I—”

“Go.” he snaps.

Kyuhyun pulls away obediently, missing the warmth and feel of the other’s small body against his own as he slid out of bed with a heavy heart.

Of course, Yesung had every right to be upset with him, considering Kyuhyun didn’t even bother to let the other know that he wouldn’t be back for awhile due to unforeseen problems, causing the latter to stay up all night for him.

He heads to the bathroom and takes a quick shower as commanded, scrubbing at himself furiously to get rid of the dirt and grime on his skin, as well as the putrid smell of the monster’s blood that lingered on him.

When he was done, he stepped out with only a towel around his waist, forgetting to grab clean clothes when he was shooed away to the bathroom.

He was half expecting the younger to have gone back to sleep or left the room to maybe sulk or let out some steam, but instead, he found Yesung sitting up in bed now, staring blankly up at the ceiling as he tried to blink the sleep away from his eyes.

He was still wearing the lacey lingerie as he sat there bleary eyed, and what should’ve been a y sight, became a more disheveled but cute one instead.

“Come here,” Yesung muttered with a yawn, noticing that the other was standing by the bathroom doorway hesitantly. The younger reaches forward and pats the empty space on the bed before him, indicating where he wanted the elder to be situated.

Kyuhyun obeys of course, approaching the younger and clambers onto the bed as he made himself comfortably on it.

“Jongwoon, I’m sorry about the mission—”

“Hush,” the younger murmurs, reaching forward suddenly to run his fingers delicately alongside a bleeding cut on Kyuhyun’s chest.

Kyuhyun winces a little since the wound, as well as several more, still have not healed yet.
He reaches up and grabs the other’s hand gently, determined to apologize again and explain why he was late in returning.

“Yesung—” he tries again, but the boy merely shushes him again, pulling his hand free from his grasp and reaches for something from beside the bed.

“Please, I—”

“Tsk, you’re so talkative,” Yesung interrupts in disapproval, pulling a first-aid kit up onto the bed.

Kyuhyun clamps his mouth shut quickly, watching as the boy opened the box and dug around in it for a moment.

“This will sting a little,” the raven warns quietly as he tore open a small packet of wiping alcohol and gently presses the wet wipe to a wound to clean it.

The brunette cringes a little from the burn of the chemical, but doesn’t retract from the helping hands. It was a sweet and caring gesture for bandaging his wounds, but he still doesn’t know if Yesung has forgiven him yet.

They stay silent for a few minutes as Yesung continued on with his work, cleaning and bandaging several cuts on the elder despite that they would heal by the next day.

“Jongwoon,” Kyuhyun finally calls out, breaking the heavy silence that had fallen between them.

“What?” the younger replies irritably. “Would you rather drink from me to heal several cuts?”

“I—what? No!” Kyuhyun answers quickly, a little taken aback by the reply. “I would never—”

“—shut up and let me finish my work then,” Yesung grumbles, choosing to focus on what he was doing currently rather than talking.

“Are you….are you upset with me?”
Kyuhyun’s heart was beating fast in his chest in dreaded anticipation, the younger’s mood being a little unpredictable at times. He never did like it when he was the cause of Yesung’s dismay.

The younger glances up a little, their eyes meeting briefly, but Kyuhyun couldn’t read his expression as Yesung looked back down again to slap another band-aid over a bleeding wound.

“No,” the boy answers shortly.

“.....are you mad at me then?”

“No.”

“Are you disappointed in me?”

“No.”

“Are you going to talk to me at all?”

“I am, right now.”

“You’re giving me short answers. That’s not ‘talking’,” the elder frowns.

“So?” Yesung mutters.

“So…..you are upset with me,”

“No.”

Kyuhyun sighs at the vague, one-worded answer again.

Yesung sticks on one last band-aid before letting his hands drop back into his lap, his gaze downcasted to stare at the first-aid kit blankly now as Kyuhyun stared at the other patiently, the both of them staying for a good few minutes, waiting for the other to break first.

The silence lingers as Kyuhyun waited patiently for the boy to speak first, reaching forward to gently rest his hand on the younger’s knee and rubs it comfortingly, urging him to talk.

“....I’m not upset,” Yesung finally mutters as he shifts and moves away from the elder’s touch, missing the hurt expression that crosses Kyuhyun’s face, finally breaking the silence.

“You’ve made that quite clear already,” Kyuhyun says irritably, but bites his tongue when he realized he shouldn’t have sassed him, the younger sending him a glare.

“I’m not upset,” Yesung repeats, looking away from the elder. “I don’t have space to be upset, not when…..not when I’m afraid.” he says softly.

“Afraid?” Kyuhyun questions, expression softening as he scooted closer to the younger. “Why are you afraid? What are you afraid of?”

“I was afraid that you…..you wouldn’t come back,” he whispers, the last part barely audible to Kyuhyun.

“Of course I’ll come back, my love. Why wouldn’t I?” the elder frowns as he reached forward and pulled the younger towards him, knowing that he wouldn’t resist anymore.

“I know! I just—” A small sound of frustration leaves the younger’s lips.
“I waited, Kyuhyun, I waited for so long. I was fine at first, but when I’m alone and awake at night, my mind starts overthinking and each hour that passed after midnight I got more worried and anxious, and it just got worse the longer the night went on. And I didn’t get a call or text from you, saying you would be back so late so I got scared; scared that something had happened to you.” he says quickly, his lips quivering a little as he recollected that feeling of crippling anxiety, knowing that he couldn’t do anything about the situation but to wait it out.

That was the price to pay though as a Celestial member, and Yesung knew it; he knew that loving someone would be painful and unforgiving. But yet he still couldn’t control those overwhelming emotions from happening the longer he waited.

Kyuhyun sighs for the umpteenth time that night, cradling the boy close as Yesung buried his face into his chest, seeking comfort in the solid body.

“If I knew loving you was going to cause me so much ing stress, I should’ve left your behind and ignored you when I got into the Celestial Clan, you ing —” Yesung starts ranting, deciding he wanted to vent his frustration through cursing the other, despite the blame not actually being Kyuhyun’s, but he was quickly silenced by a pair of soft lips against his own.

Yesung was frozen for a few seconds, a little taken aback by the bold move. He relaxes after a moment though and allows the elder to take control, melting in the strong and familiar embrace, finding consolation and comfort in those demanding lips.

“ing ,” Yesung repeats quietly against the brunette’s lips, causing Kyuhyun to chuckle in amusement.

“I promise I’ll come back to you after every mission, alive.” Kyuhyun whispers softly, shifting a little to press his lips to the younger’s forehead. “No guarantees that I won’t have any injuries though, or come back in one piece.”

“That’s not very reassuring.” Yesung frowns as he pulled back slightly from the other, earning him a displeased grunt from the brunette.

“If you go on a mission, are you able to promise me you would come back completely unharmed as well?” Kyuhyun retorts.

A small pout forms on the boys lips as Kyuhyun smirked.
“Well, can you?”

“Touché…..No,” Yesung responds.

“I’ll come back alive,” Kyuhyun promises once more with a chuckle, reaching forward to tap the raven’s nose lightly.

Yesung just gives the other a doubtful look as he pulls away and flops down onto his stomach on the bed, snuggling into the sea of pillows. He was still a little grumpy that a good, romantic evening had gone to waste, replaced with anxiety and stress instead.

Kyuhyun smiles a little as he crawled forward and lays stomach-down on top of the younger’s back, the raven letting out a grumpy whine because of the other’s heavy weight. Admittedly however, despite how much heavier Kyuhyun is, Yesung still enjoyed the weight of him ontop, surrounding him and holding him. He felt safe under his warm body.

“I’ll make it up to you,” Kyuhyun murmurs, pressing his lips lightly to the boy’s ear.

“Make what up?” Came the boy’s muffled reply, face still buried in a pillow.

Kyuhyun gently trails his left hand down the side of the boy’s slender frame, enjoying the light shiver that wracked his body, before reaching under the lacey peignoir and hooks a finger under the black garter, pulling it back before releasing it sharply, the stretchy material snapping back into place on the boy’s thigh.
“For this….” he whispered lowly.

A small giggle passes the younger’s lips as he squirmed a little from beneath the elder, Kyuhyun raising himself up briefly to allow Yesung to turn over onto his back so that they were facing each other now.

“You don’t owe me anything though,” he laughs, reaching up to gently thread his fingers through the other’s damp hair.

Kyuhyun leans forward and presses a short peck to the corner of the boy’s lips, before moving his feathery kisses down further to his bare chest, soft lips lingering over the black crescent moon.

“You got all pretty and prepped for me, but I came back too late,” he says softly, “and I know you’re tired now, so we can’t proceed with the plans you had in mind for tonight.”

“Yeah? And?” Yesung questions confusedly, reaching down to remove the garter from his leg with much difficulty since Kyuhyun was still on top of him, so the elder tugged the lacey band off the raven’s slender leg for him. But not before leaning down to give his inner-thigh a sharp bite, garnering a yelp of surprise from the boy and a slap to the chest, the younger yelling something about telling him not to bite, but Kyuhyun wasn’t listening of course.

“Your efforts were wasted,” Kyuhyun continues, watching as the raven sat up briefly to remove the sheer outer-garment, letting his eyes linger for bit too long on the half- boy.

He reaches forward and grabs the boy’s hand when he was about to slide out of bed to change into his usual nightshirt, stopping him.
“Wait, sleep in that.” Kyuhyun says with a sly smile, pulling the raven back down and gently parts the younger’s legs, settling himself between them.

“I’m only in my underwear,” Yesung scoffs, brows furrowing together in puzzlement.

“So? I like it, you look cute.” the elder chuckles, pressing his hands down upon the boy’s thighs to hold him still before slowly running it up the smooth skin, resting them on the curve of his hips.

“Cute?!” Yesung scowls, not liking his choice of words.
He spent time in making himself look appealing for the elder and he dared call him.....cute?!

“Uhhh…...y?” the brunette tries again with a tilt of his head, changing his response to please the younger. The boy’s blue eyes merely narrow into a look of discontent at the man, scowl still evident on his face.

“Too late, nice try.” he huffs, pushing the other’s hands off of him and holds them away as he  clambered out of bed to find his night shirt.

Kyuhyun releases a small sound of complaint, reaching out to pull the boy back onto the bed again, but Yesung just swats his hand away with a pointed look.

“It’s really late and you haven’t slept at all yet, go to bed.” the raven commanded for the sake of the man’s well-being as he pulled open a drawer by the bedside, but Kyuhyun sits up in bed and attaches himself to the younger stubbornly, arms wrapped tightly around Yesung’s slim waist with his face buried against his abdomen.

“You’re such a baby,” the boy chastises with a frown, pulling a shirt out from the drawer and attempts to put it on, but the elder reaches up and tries his best to prevent him from doing so.

“Who is the younger one here, me or you?” Yesung says sharply, unwrapping the elder from around him and stepping away from his insistent hands so he could tug the shirt on properly.
Kyuhyun merely lets out another sound of complaint, a sound that was comparable to a whine.

“Get some pants on and go to sleep.” the raven sighs, but releases a frustrated huff when Kyuhyun ignored him and just plops back down into bed, doing the Kyuhyun version of a sulk.

“Cho Kyuhyun!” he calls out, reaching down to snatch the towel off from around the elder’s waist, baring Kyuhyun’s body to the dark room. “You’re going to catch a cold and you’re never going to get any rest if you keep this stubborn behavior up!”

“Just get in bed with me.” Kyuhyun mutters, reaching off the side of the bed to grab at the boy’s bare leg.

Yesung reaches down and swats the elder’s hand away, Kyuhyun immediately retracting his stinging hand.

“Get in your night clothes, now. I’m not going to take care of you if you catch a cold just because you want to be a , stubborn .”

“You’re so cruel,” the elder grumbles in defeat, clambering out of bed briefly to tug on a pair of sweatpants.

“Is catching a cold fun for you? Do you enjoy spending feverish nights in bed, coughing and suffocating from congestion?” Yesung retorts, allowing Kyuhyun to approach him now, the elder reaching out and hugging the smaller loosely as he pressed a kiss to his cheek.

“Do I enjoy it? No. Will I be happy if you were taking care of me when I do get sick though? Yes.” Kyuhyun grins cheekily, guiding them back to bed.

“You can suffer in bed alone. I’m not willing to get myself sick too because of you, I don’t love you that much.” the raven taunts, clambering into bed before snuggling comfortably beneath the black covers in the center of the bed.

“What did I do in my life to deserve such a cruel lover?” Kyuhyun chuckles, sliding into bed as well and into the younger’s inviting arms.

“Uhh….well for starters, you were a total when we first met.” the raven says matter-of-factly, as if the answer was obvious. “You refused to talk to me unless it was about training.”

“Idle chit-chat isn’t my thing.” the elder murmurs, pressing close to the petite body beside him for more warmth. Winter was just around the corner, and having such a long mission out in the cold during late autumn had left his joints stiff and skin feeling chilled, even after the hot shower.

“You flirt with me now, despite me being your boyfriend already. Would ‘idle chit-chat’ be any different?” Yesung scoffs, reaching up to wrap his arms around the elder’s neck as Kyuhyun shifted lower in bed and presses his face into the boy’s clothed chest, frowning a little to himself since he preferred the younger .

“Well first of all, I enjoy flirting with you because you flirt back just as shamelessly. Second of all, flirting is more fun than just chatting. Third of all—”

“—you know we’re just chatting right now, not flirting. So you’re not really proving anything to me right now.” Yesung interrupts, ruffling the elder’s damp hair affectionately.

“Shut up and let me sleep then,” Kyuhyun murmurs, obviously displeased that he had just been proven wrong.

Yesung reaches up and pinches the elder’s arm for his attitude, smiling in satisfaction when the other flinched in surprise.

Anyways,” the raven starts up again. “You also ignored me a lot. When we weren’t training and you had time to yourself, you were always reading. I tried talking to you but you always just ignored me with your nose buried in a book….rude.”

Kyuhyun laughs, low and deep, his warm breath brushing against the boy’s collarbones.
“I was actually listening, you know?” he continues with a grin, nuzzling his nose into the dip of the boy’s shirt collar. “It only seemed like I was ignoring you, but I wasn’t. If you were more observant, you would have noticed that I wasn’t turning the pages to the book at all because I wasn’t paying attention to the words; my attention was on you.”

Yesung was silent for a few seconds, a little taken aback by the confession.
“You’re an ,” he mutters grumpily. “Why didn’t you acknowledge me then? God, that means you were listening to my mindless ranting and complaining then.”

“Yup,” Kyuhyun answers, closing his eyes. “Including the time you said I had a nice and you wanted me to you into the mattress. Or anywhere in general, just as long I ed you.”

“I never said that!” Yesung says defensively, and Kyuhyun could feel the heat of the boy’s blush against his cheek. “I would never admit to that…..”

“Well, you did.” the elder sneers, the scent of the younger surprisingly lulling and comforting as he felt the exhaustion and tiredness start to settle in.

“Why would I ever admit to that? I mean yeah, I totally had the hots for you. But I wouldn’t ever say that out loud, let alone to you.”

“You thought I was ignoring you, remember? So being your usual talkative self, you just kept going, spilling your little secrets out to me. Although your infatuation with me wasn’t quite a secret.” the elder smiles, reminiscing the old memories where the boy would just plop himself down beside him and start talking his ears off.

“Shut up and go to sleep. I don’t recollect this at all, so I don’t believe you.” Yesung grumbles stubbornly, pulling away from the man in disdain.

Kyuhyun frowns a little at the created distance between them, missing the warmth of the boy’s body as he reached forward to pull the other close again. “Regardless if you remember or not, I did what you wanted.”

Yesung squirms in the other’s tight hold with a pout.
“What are you talking about? I didn’t want anything from you. You were too intimidating to ask for anything back then. I was too afraid to even ask you to repeat a step for me to see during training.” the younger admits, shuddering at the memory of the cold stare Yesung received from Kyuhyun when he asked for a reiteration of his training routine.

Kyuhyun shifts a little so that he was level with the younger again before reaching up and gently grabbed the raven’s jaw, tilting his face up so that their eyes would meet.
“I ed you, didn’t I?”

Yesung freezes for a moment at the elder’s bold words, mouth falling agape in shock. He quickly clamps his mouth shut again as he flushes a soft pink in embarrassment, fumbling with trying to push the brunette away.

“Should I do it again? Tonight? Into the mattress just like you wanted?” Kyuhyun grins, leaning in closer to the raven’s face.

“ing ert,” Yesung scolds as he reached up and pressed an open palm to Kyuhyun’s face, successfully shoving the other’s sneering face away. “It’s almost 7 a.m. now, go to sleep. You’re close to going 24 hours without sleep.”

“I don’t want to sleep though.” Kyuhyun grumbled from behind the small hand. “I want to keep talking with you. I’ve missed you.”

“Hush, or I’ll knock the living daylights out of you, and you know I am very capable of doing so.” the raven simply threatens, finally releasing the other when he was sure the elder wouldn’t attempt to seduce him anymore.

Kyuhyun simply stared back at the younger with a disgruntled look.
“Fine,” he agrees. “Let me do something before we sleep though.”

Thinking it was just going to be a kiss goodnight, Yesung agrees.
Only one,”

Kyuhyun perks up at the consent before lifting himself up a little and plops back down on top of the younger, stomach down. “Ok, I’m satisfied. Goodnight.”

Surprised by the sudden weight and much larger body on top of his, Yesung splutters incoherently for a second.

“Why do you enjoy sleeping like this?!” he asks in astonishment, recollecting that Kyuhyun had slept in that exact position the other night as well.

“It’s comfortable,” Kyuhyun claims, resting his head beside the younger’s on the same pillow as he closed his eyes, nuzzling his nose into the boy’s cheek tenderly. “Also, I can pin you down and prevent you from moving too much in your sleep.”

“This is ridiculous! This is a king-sized bed for goodness sakes! I have plenty of space to move freely in without disturbing you!” Yesung huffs, but still reaches up to wrap his arms securely around the elder, one hand coming up to thread through Kyuhyun’s hair to cradle his head as his other hand slid down to caress his tense back soothingly.

“Mmm….no. You throw punches in your sleep, and they hurt like hell. As well as you don’t stay in my arms when you fall asleep, and tend to take up the whole bed.” he murmurs, being drawn further into dreamland as Yesung continued with his slow and gentle ministrations.

“I don’t think—”

“Shhh…..” Kyuhyun simply hushes, knowing that Yesung didn’t know about his odd sleeping habits. “Let me sleep now.”

Yesung had a lot more to complain about of course, but decided to wait until morning before annoying the elder furthermore. Exhaustion seemed to be catching up to Kyuhyun now as Yesung gently his back comfortingly, the elder’s breathing evening out and growing deeper as the lulling silence engulfed them both.

“Sleepwell my brave knight, for winter is coming.”

 


 

To say that Kyuhyun was quite disgruntled and vexed when he woke up to an empty bed was quite an understatement. How Yesung managed to squirm his way out from beneath Kyuhyun without waking him (especially how light of a sleeper he is) in the morning, was way beyond his knowledge.

He lays on the bed stomach down for a moment as he tried to blink the heavy sleep away from his eyes, still surprisingly tired, only to notice that Yesung had drawn the balcony curtains shut to prevent sunlight from streaming in and waking the sleeping elder.

How sweet.

He reaches up lazily and pulls the pillow out from beneath his head to hug as he pondered over where the other could possibly be, if not with him. He presses his nose into the silken fabric, inhaling the intoxicating scent of the raven that still lingered on the pillow, as if he could possibly sniff the other’s location out like a dog.

The scent was faint, but still burned vividly in Kyuhyun’s mind; vanilla, honeysuckle, a hint of sunlight and coffee.

…….Coffee?

Kyuhyun sits up confusedly, squinting as he glanced about the dark room. He doesn’t remember ever owning coffee, let alone leaving it out so that his room would smell like it.
The smell wasn’t bad, it was quite good actually, but he found no pleasure indulging in the bitterness of the dark drink.

Why did his whole apartment smell so much like coffee then?

Curious, he slides out of bed to investigate, shuddering when he left the warm confines of his covers and set his feet flat upon the chilled, wooden floorboards. He stands up hesitantly, every muscle in his body aching and complaining in soreness from the long mission last night,

The bitter aroma was definitely coming from the kitchen, no doubt about it.
He follows his nose towards the other room, nothing but confusion and puzzlement in his mind as he stepped into the kitchen.

He catches sight of Yesung almost immediately, the boy’s back facing him as he hummed to himself, grabbing stuff left and right to prepare his dose of caffeine. He was still pantless and only in his nightshirt as he moved about, formulating his morning coffee to perfection, humming some cheesy ballad song under his breath with a smile on his face.

How adorable.
Kyuhyun could definitely get used to this.

“Did you make me a cup as well?” Kyuhyun calls out, a small smile gracing his lips as he watched the other lovingly.

“No,” Yesung answers simply, having had detected the other’s presence already. “You told me a long time ago you didn’t like coffee.”

“I did?” Kyuhyun frowns, not remembering sharing such information.

“Mhm,” the younger hums, setting the creamer back in the fridge, not bothering to turn around and face the elder as he returned to his mug of coffee. “You said it tasted like the devil’s .”

Kyuhyun stands at the edge of the kitchen for a moment, a little taken aback by the younger’s response as he tried to remember if he had used such vulgar words before.
“I vaguely remember saying something along those lines,” he admits, approaching the younger and pulls the boy into a back hug, resting his hands on the smaller’s hips as his chin took refuge on his shoulder.

“I remember it quite well,” Yesung laughs, leaning back against the strong chest. “I was running low on energy due to our morning and night training sessions back at the academy, so I got some coffee to help me stay awake better. I offered to get you one too but you just stared at me in disgust and described it as a ‘repulsive drink’ while walking away.”

“I sounded like an back then,” Kyuhyun murmurs, echoing the boy’s laughter as he pressed a tender kiss to his cheek.

“You still are an .” the raven corrected with a smirk as he pulled away from the other’s embrace, hopping up to sit on the counter instead so that he was level and face-to-face with the taller.

“But you love this , right?” the man grins cheekily, knowing the answer already as he gently ran a hand up the boy’s milky thighs.

Yesung scoffs loudly as he brings the warm mug up to his lips, taking a small sip of the hot liquid. “I really wonder why I do though,” he murmurs quietly against the rim.

“You thought I was really attractive, remember?” Kyuhyun quips with a smirk, leaning in for a kiss but Yesung still had the mug pressed to his lips between them, preventing him from getting what he wanted.

Yesung just shrugs.
“Sure. But it’s not enough for me to look past your personality problems.”

Kyuhyun laughs at his remark, silently agreeing that he did tend to have a very off-putting and cold personality.

He leans in closer and presses his lips softly to the shell of the boy’s left ear, giving it a gentle nip. “You also said I was really good in bed,” he reminded.

“Mmm…..are you?” Yesung ponders, finally setting the mug down after taking a few more sips.

Kyuhyun grins as he reaches up and grabs the boy’s chin lightly, gently running his thumb over the raven’s plump lower lip.

“Shall I refresh your memory?”

“No thanks,” the raven deadpans, expression blank and disinterested as he stared back at Kyuhyun, causing a frown to form on the elder’s lips.

“Why not?” the taller murmured dejectedly.
He wasn’t going to openly admit that he was more than just now, because it’s been awhile since he has had ual relief.

“You should be getting some more rest.” Yesung says pointedly, picking up his mug again as he slid off the counter top. “It’s 10 a.m. right now, you’ve only slept three hours.”

“That’s a sufficient amount of sleep for me,” Kyuhyun says with a tilt of his head. “I’ve survived with lesser hours than this before.”

Yesung gives the elder a look of judgement as he reached down and grabbed the brunette’s hand with his own free hand, guiding him back out of the kitchen.
“Maybe that’s why you’re such a cranky person all the time, who always seems like you have a stick up your .”

At his response, the elder lets out a small sigh of bliss, following the younger obediently.
“I’ve missed hearing you say that,” he grins widely.

“What? You having a stick up your ?” the younger laughs, setting his mug down on the nightstand when they were back in the bedroom. “Why would you miss that?”

“Because it reminds me of when I first met you.” Kyuhyun smiles, sitting down on the edge of the bed. “You complained about me that way to Headmaster Leeteuk after I had handcuffed you and brought you back to the academy.”

“How do you even remember that? That was three years ago! And you miss it?!” Yesung continued to laugh, guiding the elder back down into a resting position and attempts to tuck him back in snuggly, but Kyuhyun keeps a firm grip on his hand, wanting the younger to stay with him. “You’re like a fool in love now, not a man with a stick up his .”

“So what if I am? I’m still one of the greatest warriors to ever live, with the cutest, most beautiful but also smart and skilled boyfriend in the world alongside me.” the brunette says proudly, tugging the unwilling younger back into bed with him.

“Apparently this amazing warrior is cheesy as as well.” the raven sneers, giving up on resisting and climbs back in bed for the sake of the elder.

“This amazing warrior has also learned to love through his beautiful boyfriend, so let him live and enjoy.” Kyuhyun grumbles, allowing the younger to get comfortable sitting against the headboard before snuggling up close to him, resting his head lightly on the boy’s chest despite it being a slightly awkward position for him.

“This amazing warrior needs to lay down properly and get some more rest,” Yesung frowns, sliding lower in his upright position so that they were both laying down now as Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around his waist tightly.

Kyuhyun just hums dismissively though, adjusting to their new position once more before closing his eyes, ready to fall back asleep again with his lover in his arms.

Silence falls upon them almost immediately, and the slow rise and fall of the boy’s chest against him was beginning to become lulling. When a warm, gentle hand presses to his cheek softly, Kyuhyun found himself being pulled further into the darkness.

He found the light heartbeat against Yesung’s chest comforting the more he listened, the sound of it a gentle reassurance that his lover was still there, right beside him.

He wanted to stay like this forever; forever in this blissful dream world as he submitted to his exhaustion.


 

 


A/N: HEYYYYY! I'm back with a new update (that I have probably failed to edit properly again)!!!
As you can tell, I've been fitting in some fluff chapters as fillers lmao. However, the plot will soon start to move again, so prepare yourselves my Luckies!
I do want to apologize to those who thought this was going to be a chapter lol I promise the next one will be though, so once again, prepare yourselves for my horrible writing XD

Also, I've been wanting to start a story of Kyusung one-shots/drabbles again.
My main concern however is that I need prompts to write the one-shots. So I can only do it if Luckies are willing to send me prompts to write about?
Let me know in the comments if you're willing to help an author out :D

Thanks for everyone who has subscribed and commented! I love you all greatly, and I want y'all to know that every comment is appreciated! <3
Please leave some more comments ^^ They make me really happy and help me survive this horrible school term!
Until the next update, my Luckies! 
🍀