Chapter 15

Tainted

 

 

 

To say that Yesung felt quite out of place amongst all the high-ranking Celestial members was a huge understatement. Everyone except Kyuhyun just stared at him when they entered, and when Kyuhyun turned to stare at him as well, Yesung began to blush fiercely under all the prying eyes.

“Come,” Kyuhyun said quietly with a reassuring smile as he put a gentle hand to the raven’s lower back, but Yesung suddenly flinches and moves away from his touch.

Confused and a little hurt, Kyuhyun takes a step back to give the younger some space as Heechul ushered them in further so he could close the doors.

“This is Kim Youngwoon, or Kangin, S-Class Rank and leader of the elite team.” Heechul introduced, gesturing towards a strongly built man with a black mask covering the lower half of his face who dropped into a stiff bow before the two royals with a fist over his heart.

“It is an honor to finally meet the one behind the rare occurrence of a royal member joining the Celestial Clan,” The man, Kangin, said as he straightened back up. “And with such extraordinary powers as well…..” he mused.

“Hey! I’m a royal in the Celestial Clan as well!” Heechul snaps, glaring at the leader of the S-Class members.

“Fine, it is an honor to meet the royal who is in active duty,” Kangin corrects, “not council work,”

Heechul didn’t seem to placate and was still offended however as he crossed his arms over his chest, but chose to say no more so that they may all proceed.

“And you know ZhouMi here,” Heechul said, gesturing towards the royal Eruditi member who shot the raven a bright smile and a small wave. “The rest here are all S-Class members that I’m not going to bother introducing because half of them are s that you don’t need to meet anyways,” he added dismissively, gesturing randomly towards the rest of the Great Hall.

Yesung swallows hard as his eyes glanced about anxiously to see that there were ten to fifteen people in all black that also wore dark masks that covered at least half of their faces, all of them staring back at him stoically as they stood in the shadows of the room. He unconciously cowers away from all the stern gazes, slinking back a little behind Kyuhyun.

“They’re not….s,” Kangin says, a frown evident in his tone. “They just don’t talk much to avoid divulging information.”

Heechul just stares at the S-Class leader blankly.
“So….s,” Heechul says dismissively, approaching the long table in the center of the room.

“Kyuhyun,” Kangin suddenly addresses, turning to face the other who still stood protectively besides the raven. “The S-Class team still has a spot for you, if you are still considering,”

Kyuhyun just gives the other a stiff smile.
“Not anytime soon, I’m afraid. I have other duties to perform,” 

Kangin didn’t seem to find that answer pleasing though as he turned to face the table as well with furrowed brows.

“The purpose of today’s meeting is about the attack that had occurred yesterday,” Heechul started, throwing out a scroll before them. “Here is a list of dead demons we found on the field that we have managed to identify.” He tosses another one down. “This is a list of dead Celestial members,” he throws one more down. “and this is a list of members that have suffered severe casualties that can no longer carry out missions and have been discharged from the Clan honorably.”

“That’s quite a list,” Kangin murmured quietly, opening the long scrolls. “If only we had arrived sooner,”

“Our main issue here isn’t the attack however. Demon’s attacking Celestials is to be expected,” ZhouMi suddenly joins in, stepping forward. “The problem is their spellcasting in their weaponry. We don’t use modern day weapons or technology because spellcasting does not work on them, only on medieval weapons. We’ve done poison arrows, flammable and explosive arrows, tracker arrows, but I’ve never seen the type they used for the attack yesterday.”

“Describe it,” Kangin commanded, straightening back up as he crossed his arms over his chest firmly, listening intently.

“I was bandaging and treating injured dhampirs from the attack when I noticed that the spell on the arrows causes dhampirs to heal much slower. If the wound is severe enough, it caused the flesh surrounding the wound to basically…..rot.” ZhouMi explained.

“My flesh was doing what?” Kyuhyun frowned, remembering briefly that he was hit by an arrow.

“Rotting,” the healer stated bluntly, turning to face the brunette. “Amber couldn’t tell what was happening because rotting flesh isn’t common in dhampir’s, but she knew a blood transfusion would help it heal better.”

“Kyuhyun was shot in the battle and suffered a deep wound from the arrow. Since he did a blood transfusion, the wound would have healed a little by now. But you could probably still see the damage it has done, ” Heechul explained to Kangin, before turning to face the brunette. “Show us your injury, Kyuhyun,”

Kyuhyun didn’t seem too bothered by the request as he stepped forward and all eyes landed upon him, pulling his shirt up to reveal his lower abdomen.

A thick silence falls over them all as they stared at the woundless skin, only a faint scar visible at a close distance on his stomach.

“I don’t understand,” Kangin frowns, staring at where the arrow wound should be. “Who did you drink blood from?”

“Kim Jongwoon,” Kyuhyun answered simply, bringing their attention now to the oddly quiet boy.  

“What is your relationship with the boy?” the leader continued to pry, brows furrowing together in displeasure at the need to even have to question Kyuhyun’s relationship status.

“Lov—” Kyuhyun starts but Yesung suddenly steps forward and clamps a hand over his mouth to silence him.

“Friends!” The raven blurted out quickly, a look of panic in his blue eyes. “Really good friends!”

Kyuhyun appeared irritated as he pulled the small hand off his face, holding it tightly in his grasp as he said; “No, we’re lovers,”

The room goes deathly silent as Yesung spun around to gape up at him in utter disbelief and shock for admitting to something as controversial and shameful as lovers in front of the S-Class, jerking his hand angrily out of the other’s grasp.

A hushed whisper breaks out amongst the S-Class members at Kyuhyun’s words, mortified at his response as they shamed him amongst each other. Yesung’s jaw clenches in anger as he turned to shoot the elder a glare, Kyuhyun still looking straight ahead and oblivious to the look he was receiving from the boy.

“Curious…..how very curious….” ZhouMi suddenly interrupts, an expression of interest and thought on his face as he approached Kyuhyun, reaching down with one hand to run his fingers lightly over the fading scar. “Even lover’s can’t heal a wound like that overnight.”

Everyone stares at Yesung and Kyuhyun quietly as Yesung stood there, fuming silently to himself as he continued to glare at the oblivious elder beside him.

“Oh my goodness!” Heechul suddenly gasped excitedly, “Are you two soulmates?!”

Yesung inhales sharply at the other’s response, nearly choking on air.
“N-No! There's no such thing!” Yesung blurts out, panic evident in his wide blue eyes as he spluttered some more, trying to come up with an excuse.

Kyuhyun just shrugged however.

And the rest of the meeting became a crazed blur of people talking and arguing over one another, Heechul and ZhouMi too excited for their own good at the two, while the S-Class members demanded for more information on their relationship ontop of trying to convince Kyuhyun he was insane for having a lover.  

Having enough of all the loud shouting and shaming, Yesung presses his hands over his ears to stop the noise, his mind currently too overwhelmed by everything that was happening so suddenly.

“Everyone shut up!” Yesung shouts, the roomful of people falling silent quickly at the sudden command by the royal dhampir. “This meeting was not supposed to be about whatever personal matter is between Kyuhyun and I! If we are not going to discuss about what has happened, and the tragedy that has befallen many here at the Clan, then I want no part in this!” he said angrily as he let his hands drop away from his ears, before turning around sharply to leave.

Kyuhyun reaches out quickly and gently grabs the raven’s arm, eyes concerned and questioning at his sudden outburst.

Yesung just turns back with a glare before jerking his arm out of the other’s grasp and stormed out of the Great Hall, leaving everyone feeling slightly guilty for their lack of consideration and concentration to their grim situation.

“Jongwoon! Hey Jongwoon, slow down!” Kyuhyun called out, catching up to the younger outside of the building after he took chase.

Yesung chose to ignore him however, speeding up his pace a little to get away.
“Leave me alone!” he shouts back angrily when he felt Kyuhyun approach closer, turning around quickly to shove the other away.

“I—Jongwoon, stop!” The elder said sternly, grabbing the younger roughly when he tried to push him. “What’s wrong? Why are you acting like this?!”

“What’s wrong?!” the raven scoffs in disbelief, still struggling and resisting against the other’s much stronger hold. “You just blurted out that we’re lovers in front of the entire S-Class crew, Cho Kyuhyun!”

“And? I don’t see the problem here!” The elder said, getting irritated the more the younger struggled. “They’d find out eventually!”

Yesung refused to say more however as he now resorted to trying to punch the elder half-heartedly, but Kyuhyun simply dodged each weak attack.

Peeved by the boy’s silence, Kyuhyun reached up and grabbed the boy’s jaw firmly again with one hand, forcing him to look up at him.

Yesung winced as the elder’s fingers dug into his jaw and cheek bruisingly, his head pushed back at an uncomfortable angle as he released a small sound of pain from the rough action, struggling a little to get away.

“Jongwoon, stop!” Kyuhyun snapped. “Why is this such a big deal to you?!” he asks in incredulity.

“L-Let me go!” was all Yesung managed to stammer out weakly as he reached up quickly to push the other away.

Angered by his resistance, Kyuhyun reaches out aggressively again. “Look at me!” he shouts, hand tightening around the younger’s jaw.

The look in Kyuhyun's eyes when he clutched tighter was menacing and fearsome as Yesung struggled to pull away, and a feeling that Yesung had never expected to feel around Kyuhyun began to rise within him.
Frightened and startled by the other’s sudden outburst, Yesung tore away from his tight grasp in fear, crying out again when the elder’s grip tightened, causing his nails to graze Yesung’s cheek by accident in the fumble.

Kyuhyun comes to an abrupt halt when he noticed that he drew blood; three bloody streaks now marred the boy’s pale cheek.

His blood runs cold when he realized that he was handling his lover too roughly, using too much force on Yesung who was only trying to get away, not fight him.

Horrified at his own anger and actions, Kyuhyun quickly reaches forward to comfort and soothe the trembling boy, but Yesung flinches away from his touch as he pressed a hand to his injured cheek.

Kyuhyun felt his heart stop when he recognized the look in his blue eyes, his hands dropping to his sides as realization settled in the pit of his stomach.

Yesung is afraid of him.
He feared what Kyuhyun is capable of doing when in a rage.

“I….I’m sorry,” Kyuhyun murmured quietly, reaching forward to wipe the blood away, but Yesung flinches away from his touch again. “Please, I-I didn’t meant to,” he stammered.
He never really did know his own strength. Nor did he ever have to handle anyone so carefully before. He had never meant to hurt him.
“Please, just tell me what’s wrong,” he begged.

Yesung stares at him for a moment, eyes cold and face void of any expression now as his hand fell away from his bleeding cheek.

“No,” he said shortly. “I don’t have to explain anything to you,”
A flicker of sadness crosses his face as he took a step back. “If you can’t see the problem here, then why are we even together? You’re not taking
my feelings into consideration. I don’t see the point of us being together if you can’t even take the time to understand me.”

And at his words, Kyuhyun feels pain, he feels it strike deep in his heart.

“No, don’t say that,” he whispered pleadingly, stepping forward quickly and wrapping the smaller into his arms, but Yesung simply stood stiff and unresponsive in his embrace.
“Please, I love you,” Kyuhyun murmured dejectedly, “Don’t….Don’t push me away again, I’m sorry,” he apologized, pressing his face into the crook of the boy’s neck as he held him impossibly close, his heart aching even more when he felt the raven tense in his arms.

Yesung struggled for a moment and wrenches his way out of the other’s strong hold roughly, taking a quick step back afterwards.
“You hurt me, Kyuhyun,” he whispered brokenly, trying to stop his body from trembling as one hand came up hesitantly to touch his injured cheek again, crimson blood tingeing his fingertips.
“I…..I don’t want to see you,” he said quietly, voice cracking as he turned his head to the side, refusing to make eye contact with the elder. “I don’t ever want to see you again! Just stay away from me.” he said, before turning quickly to flee.

“No, Yesung please,” Kyuhyun cried out beggingly, reaching forward and grabbing his hand to stop him from leaving. The last time that Yesung had been mad at him, Kyuhyun remembered he was replaced and sent away for a good two years. He did not want that happening again.

But when the boy turned back to try and shake him off forcefully again, Kyuhyun saw tears falling from the younger’s eyes, mixing with the blood on his cheek.

He let go of him immediately in surprise.

“Stay the away from me,” Yesung repeated bitterly with a glare, reaching up quickly to wipe at the burning tears and blood before turning and running away.

An empty and desolate feeling settles in Kyuhyun’s heart as he stood alone outside, watching as the other ran away from him.

 


 

 

It was deja vu again; Yesung just laying in bed as he tried to find the strength to either be mad or upset, possibly both, but instead all he felt was numbness.
His mind was such a jumble of emotions— confused, angry, sad, shocked......an absolute emotional mess, so he decided to just be numb.

Except this time there was someone watching him in concern.

“You feeling better now?” A small voice calls out to the raven that was curled up in bed beneath his covers.

“….no,” Yesung sighs, peeking his head out briefly from beneath his covers to glance at his roommate.

Once he had returned to his room after what had transpired that morning, he began to sob his eyes out in the presence of his roommate who started to panic because he didn’t know how to comfort the other.

Through his tears, Yesung managed to explain what had happened after Sungmin managed to calm him down. And of course, his roommate couldn’t provide much help or advice.

“Maybe….you should talk to him now?” Sungmin suggested hesitantly, watching as the raven’s phone lit up for the hundredth time within that hour.

“No,” Yesung answered grumpily, aggressively shoving his phone off his bed to prove his point before turning and burying his face into a pillow.
He was in a slightly better mood currently, now that he had a few hours to calm down.
But he was still holding onto the grudge of course.

Sighing quietly, Sungmin reached down to pick up the other’s phone and began to read each text aloud to the stubborn raven:

“Please, talk to me.”
“I’m sorry, I love you.”
“Tell me so I can understand.”
“Don’t ignore me please.”

And the texts began to get more and more repetitive.

“He sounds pretty desperate,” Sungmin said, tossing the phone back onto the other’s bed, watching as the other just glared at the device. “Just talk to him? You can’t stay mad at him forever. At least tell him something so he would leave you alone for a little bit.”

Yesung slowly moves his glare from his phone to Sungmin.
“Fine,” he huffs before sitting up and unlocking his phone to send a quick message in reply to Kyuhyun’s begging ones.

Curious, Sungmin leans forward a little to try and see what he was typing, but the raven turns a little to hide the screen.
"What did you say to him?" the blonde frowns.

Yesung just smirks a little.
"You'll see," he answers simply.

And not even a minute later, Sungmin jumps at the sound of someone knocking on their door as the raven just sat there, looking bored.

“Is it him?” Sungmin whispered.

“Probably,” Yesung grunted, sliding out of bed and approaching the door.

He flings the door wide open with a glare, his gaze meeting Kyuhyun’s anxious ones almost immediately.

The elder lets out a small sigh of relief at the sight of the boy, noticing that the wound on his cheek had healed by now as he reached forward a little to touch him.
“Jongwoon—”

Yesung slams the door shut in his face and locks it loudly to emphasize his anger.

Sungmin turns to stare at Yesung in disbelief at how petty he could get.
“You texted him to come here.....just for that?!”

“Yes,” Yesung answered shortly, turning back around sharply and storms his way back to his bed.

The blonde sighs again with roll of his eyes when he heard Kyuhyun cursing loudly to himself behind the closed door.

Yesung sits up abruptly though when he saw Sungmin get up from his bed, knowing what he was going to do.
“Don’t you ing dare!” he shouts, but his roommate ignored him and proceeded anyways.

“Jongwoon, please I just want to talk—” Kyuhyun starts from behind the closed door, but jumps a little when the door was flung open again to reveal an irritated roommate.

“Go talk to him,” Sungmin said pointedly as he pushed past his superior to leave and give them some privacy as Kyuhyun eagerly entered the room, muttering a quick ‘thanks’ to Sungmin.

“I’m going to ing kill you!” Yesung shouted after his roommate as he clambered out of bed, trying to take chase after the other but Kyuhyun steps forward and blocks the open doorway.

“Yesung-ah….” Kyuhyun sighed when the raven tried to shove him away, wanting to leave the room.

The boy just ignores him however, refusing to make eye contact with him as he braced himself against the doorway as leverage to shove at the elder, but Kyuhyun stood firm and unmoving like a brick wall.

“ing! Move! !” He shouts, but Kyuhyun just reaches down and easily picks Yesung up like a child, throwing the smaller over his shoulders as he marched his way into the room, shutting the door quickly with his foot.

“Let me go! Don’t you ing manhandle me Cho!” The raven continued to complain, struggling to slide off the taller’s broad shoulders.

Kyuhyun gently tosses the younger back down onto his bed as he straightened back up.
“Stop it, I just want to talk.” he sighed irritably, watching as the raven crawled to the far corner wall of his bed and sat with his knees pulled up close to his chest, glaring daggers over at Kyuhyun.

“Well I don’t want to talk.”

Please, just talk to me,” the elder murmured, kneeling on the edge of the bed to get closer to the boy, but Yesung stuck a foot forward and pressed it firmly to Kyuhyun’s chest, pushing him back and away.

No,” the raven said firmly, knowing that he would just melt and fall in love all over again if the elder got close, and Kyuhyun obeys, keeping the distance between them.

“If you want to talk, fine.” Yesung huffs, sitting up properly.
“I want to break up with you. Whatever is between us, I want it to end.”

Kyuhyun freezes briefly, sad eyes meeting the younger’s determined ones.
“Stop that,” he tried to say sternly. “That’s not what you want, I know it.”

“It’s not,” Yesung agreed, crossing his arms firmly over his chest as he looked away from the other. “But that’s what happens when you speak without thinking.”

Kyuhyun knew the younger was just being petty, and wasn’t actually completely serious.
But he also knew Yesung was quite stubborn and tends to hold grudges for a very long time. 

“Can’t we just talk this out?” Kyuhyun sighed, gently removing the foot off his chest and scoots closer to the boy, Yesung allowing it this time.

“No,” the younger said stubbornly, “Until you figure out why this is such a problem, I don’t want to see you at all,”

Kyuhyun stared at him in hurt.
“Then….then we’ll take a break,” he suggested unwillingly, reaching forward to gently caress his lover’s face. “Just a short break, until I figure it out.”

Yesung frowns a little as he finally looked up at the elder, his heart melting at the feel of that warm, gentle hand against his cheek.
“That’s not what I said though,” he murmured, sitting up properly now.
It really hurt for him to declare a break up, and he was pretty sure he wasn’t actually serious as well, but he was currently too pissed to care and only wanted to blurt out stuff that he knew would hurt the other.

It was a little selfish and extreme, but when Yesung is mad, he’s mad.

“I don’t want us to end,” Kyuhyun declared, leaning closer and presses their forehead together. “And I won’t allow you to let me go so easily, I’m not going to give up,”

Yesung lets out a small sigh, admitting defeat that he could never stay away from Kyuhyun for long.
It was a sad reality.

“Just a break then,” he murmured, reaching up to gently cup the elder’s face. “A short break for you to get your together,”

Kyuhyun tilts his head forward and presses their lips together for a soft, lingering kiss, knowing that this would be the last one for awhile.

“I love you,” he murmured softly against his lips. “You’ll wait for me, right?”

“If you take a ing year to figure this out then hell no I won’t wait. And if you weren’t so ing dense, you would’ve understood the problem by now and we wouldn’t even be going through this,” Yesung snapped, watching as the usually stern Celestial member drop his head a little in shame and guilt. “Now get out of here before I regret my decision,” he huffs.

Kyuhyun obeys without complaint of course, gently sliding off of the bed.
However, he leans down and sneaks a short kiss from his lover’s lips again before fleeing the room quickly, hearing the younger shout after him in protest.

 


 

“Where’s your pyromaniac?” Heechul asked upon seeing Kyuhyun enter the dorm’s shared living room the next morning, the warrior looking disheveled and grumpy still. “Aren’t you two supposed to be training right now?”

Kyuhyun had sent a few concerned texts to the younger a little after their meeting, trying once more for forgiveness and hoping for a response, but Yesung never bothered to reply to them.
And Kyuhyun knew the other had read them.

However, it was understandable that the younger demanded some distance between them, especially after witnessing Kyuhyun’s rage, as well as the injury he received from it.

So rather than torturing Yesung with more texts and questions, Kyuhyun decided to torture himself with worry and sadness as he finally left the boy alone, he himself having trouble sleeping at night with a guilty heart, troubled mind, and empty bed as he tried to figure out the problem.

“Yeah, don’t you usually stick close to him?” Eunhyuk added, watching the other plop down onto the couch across from all of them, appearing like he had a restless night's sleep.

“He managed to piss the boy off,” Heechul, loudly and not-so-discreetly, whispered to the curious members. “Apparently he tried to break up with Kyuhyun too,”  

Donghae lets out a small snort of disbelief from besides Eunhyuk.
“I didn’t know it was possible for Yesung to be angry at Kyuhyun, let alone breaking up with him. That boy is so infatuated with you,”

Eunhyuk lets out a small snicker before turning to whisper to Donghae; “I think it’s the other way around,”

And if looks could murder, the glare Kyuhyun sent their way would’ve buried them five feet underground.  

“How did you manage to piss off Yesung? I know he’s a little hot-headed and fiery, but I’d never imagine him being mad at you of all people.” Eunhyuk asks, trying to suppress his laughter from his horrible joke.

Heechul smirked a little.
“During the meeting yesterday, he told the entire S-Class crew that him and pyromaniac were a thing. And until Kyuhyun understands why he’s so upset, he and him are on a little ‘break’.”

Kyuhyun frowns a little when the other two turned to stare at him with wide eyes and gaping mouths.

“Oh damn! Kyuhyun!” Donghae shouted in disbelief. “I know you could be a little forthright and brash, but confessing to something like that?! Man, no wonder Yesung’s mad.”

“I just…..why is he mad?!” Kyuhyun sighs, crossing his arms over his chest firmly. “He’s refusing to tell me why, and everyone is guaranteed to find out eventually,”

“Yeah, eventually is the key word. Not now, but eventually.” Heechul said, leaning back in his seat with a shake of his head. “God, you’re supposed to be the smart and level-headed one since you’re the leader of our crew Kyuhyun, but you’re so ing dense and oblivious. I should be leader instead,” he said with a little hair flip.

They all just stared at Heechul blankly and disinterestedly.

“I don’t get it,” Kyuhyun murmured, resisting the urge to strangle Heechul.
“Why not now?”

Donghae sighs a little, still in disbelief at their leader.
“Kyuhyun, you have proven that you’re a more than exceptional warrior here at the Clan, you’ve established that very clearly through your skills. But despite how talented Yesung is as well, there are still many negative responses and rumors to him being here at the clan. He’s infamous in the clan right now, and you’re only adding fuel to the fire by bringing something as scandalous as a loving relationship into his problems…..especially in a relationship with you, because you’re practically a role-model for many Celestial members. You suddenly acting this way, being all protective and emotional, it’s unusual and people will blame only Yesung. No matter how bad you up, Kyuhyun, you’re still too valuable to the Clan, everyone will just overlook it. But Yesung? He’ll be better off in another Clan now, you’ve ruined something that hasn’t even begun yet for him,” Donghae explained grimly. “Did you not take his situation into consideration before revealing something that big?”

Kyuhyun sat there for a moment, trying to take in the information the other had just told him.
He had never really thought about it that way.
“I…...no, to be honest no.” he admitted, guilt and shame settling in the pit of his stomach.
And to think that he hurt him too.

“Where is he now, if he’s not with you?” Eunhyuk asks curiously.

“Probably training with the newcomers right now, despite his higher rank.” Heechul shrugged. “He may be ed over because of Kyuhyun, but he’s not going to give up yet.”

Kyuhyun stands up abruptly, startling the three before him as his hands clenched into fists.

“I’m going to go talk to him,” he murmured. “I’ve hurt and neglected him, so I have to fix this now,” he said before rushing out the room.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea!” Donghae called out, but Kyuhyun was already gone.

Kyuhyun went searching through several of the training rooms in search of the younger, first starting with Yesung’s Rank 3, only to not find him there. Then he proceeded to the newcomer’s Rank 5, and not find him there as well. Finally he went to Rank 4, Yesung’s roommate’s rank, and found the two in the training room along with several others.

He was about to enter when he noticed that Sungmin was yelling and arguing with someone, causing him to pause briefly.

“You leave him alone, Kim Woobin! He’s done nothing wrong!” Sungmin shouted angrily at the other.

“He seduced Cho Kyuhyun, a well respected and admirable warrior of this clan! A newcomer like him has tainted our superiors name now! I refuse to believe someone like Kyuhyun would fall for a lowly creature like him! He’s an evil being! How else did he get into such a high-rank if not through seduction and dark magic?!” The taller man, Woobin, shouts as he shoved Sungmin roughly.

“Please Sungmin, it’s alright—” Yesung said softly, tugging lightly at his roommate's arm as he tried to diffuse the situation before it could get out of hand .

“Yesung is a higher rank than us, Woobin! And of royal blood! He got into Rank 3 through his own power, and if you were actually skilled you would’ve recognized his talent yourself! He deserves more respect than scum like you!” Sungmin shouted with a glare, standing defensively between the raven and the taller as other trainees began to gather around them curiously.

“Sungmin please stop, just ignore him—” Yesung tries again, pulling harder at his roommate’s arm beggingly, but his roommate simply shook him off.

“Ignore me?!” Woobin said in disbelief before scoffing. “I don’t care if you’re a royal dhampir or not, a worthless like you needs to be put in the right place!” He said before reaching out and grabbing Yesung roughly by the front of his shirt.

And before Kyuhyun and Sungmin could even react, Woobin had swung and punched the smaller, sending the boy down to greet the ground, garnering shocked gasps from the crowd.

“Jongwoon!” Sungmin called out, rushing immediately to the younger’s side.

In a blink of an eye, Kyuhyun had entered the room in an angry blaze and pinned Woobin down onto the ground, one hand pressed tightly to the neck of the frightened man beneath him.
An anger he had never felt before seethed within him as he held the man down, breathing ragged as he glowered at the man beneath him.

“K-K-Kyuhyun-ssi!” Woobin choked out in fear, staring up at his superior with wide, frightful eyes.

“I can snap your neck right now,” Kyuhyun threatened lowly, his eyes dark with rage as his hand tightened around the man’s throat.

“No, Kyuhyun stop!” Yesung shouted quickly upon seeing the other, scrambling to get back onto his feet again as Sungmin tried to hold him still, the raven’s nose bleeding from the hit.

“How dare you speak to him like that! How dare you even lay a hand on him!” Kyuhyun shouted angrily, deaf to the other’s begging cries as he landed a hard punch onto Woobin’s jaw.
He raised a fist up to hit again, but arms from behind suddenly wrap around his waist, causing him to pause.   

“Please stop Kyuhyun, you’re making things worse!” the younger cried out beggingly the elder’s back, arms tightening around the other’s torso as everyone fell silent at the scene before them.

Never had they ever expected the greatly respected and impassive Cho Kyuhyun to become so angry and protective over someone, let alone attack someone from their own clan.

Kyuhyun stayed frozen for a few long seconds, his breathing still ragged as he tried to calm himself down. He slowly let his arm drop back down once he realized what was happening again: he was making rash decisions and acting out before assessing the situation once more.

“Kyuhyun-ssi, please release Woobin,” Sungmin said cautiously, noticing how pale the man turned from fright beneath the Rank 1 member, Woobin’s cheek red and bruising as a little bit of blood seeped out from the corners of his lips from the punch.

Kyuhyun’s jaw clenches as he stared down at Woobin, eyes still narrowed in a glare as he felt one of Yesung’s hands come up to press over his fast-beating heart, holding him pleadingly.

He was angry.
Angry that he caused all of this.
Angry that he couldn’t protect Yesung.
Angry that he still continued to make the same mistake, over and over again.
Angry that he just ruined what little chance he had of Yesung forgiving him.

He finally releases the man roughly and unwillingly, hands clenching into fists by his side as he resisted the urge to strike Woobin again.

“Jongwoon, come with me,” he said sharply, pushing himself back up onto his feet again as the younger finally released him, turning around to face the raven.

Yesung glances up at him hesitantly as he wiped at the blood that still dripped from his nose with the back of his hand, before turning to look away sadly.

“Please,” Kyuhyun whispered beggingly as he took a step closer, but Sungmin moves between them suddenly.

“I think it’s best you stay away for a little bit,” Sungmin warned lowly as Woobin quickly stumbled out of the training room.

“Jongwoon, I just want to talk. I understand now, I know what I did wrong,” Kyuhyun said softly, his eyes pleading as he ignored Sungmin who stood defensively between them.

“I have nothing to talk with you about,” Yesung muttered, flinching a little at the outstretched hand and takes a step back. “If you actually understood what the problem was, you wouldn’t have attacked Woobin. Just leave me alone, and stay away from me,” he said before turning around to leave as the crowd parted quickly for him and Sungmin, still stunned at the scene before them.

And once again, Kyuhyun watches the other leave him, the aching in his heart never once ceasing.

 

 
 
 
 
 

A/N: Heyo, this chapter was actually roughly edited. I got hella lazy and tired (sorry), but I was like ayyy my update is way late, gotta put something up for my Luckies.
So sorry for the late (and kinda short) update! I'm a lot busier than I thought.....
I actually have several chapters written out already, I just need to edit them and put the updates out in a timely manner blush

Please subscribe and leave comments to help me survive this busy summer~