Let's talk about Wu Yifan

Life is Full of Surprises

Hello all my beautiful baby pandas,

I hope this author’s note finds you safe and in good health.

It came to my attention yesterday, july 18, that allegations had come to light in regards to Wu Yifan and possible predatory behavior. 

Though the matter is only resent and not all information has been open to the public it is dificult to say if these allegations are true or false. I cannot and will not take any  sides for I do not have all the facts. I simply wish that justice may be served for all parties involved.

Due to this the matter of my stories have come to a stand still. I have poured many hours into making these stories, doing research and trying to keep them as accurate to the real world as possible. While the stories are purely my own they are still fanfiction and the inspiration for the main characters have come from these celebrities. The characters are NOT the real people, yet they were still born from them.

As such I am unsure if it is a good idea to continue these stories, especially if the names (Yifan/ Kris) can trigger the readers. Though I wish to continue to write them, since they don’t revolve around Taoris only and I have spent a large amount of time writing them, I also understand why it would be a good idea to stop writing and place them on draft form until this matter is resolved.

The relationship between Tao and Yifan was the beginning of  ‘Heart of Ice’. As the story has progressed more POV’s and arcs have been added, that has resulted in their relationship being only a part of the big picture. Yet it is still a part that wraps and connects with the other couples and characters as the story progresses and grows.

In ‘Just This Once’ both Tao and Yifan carry their own importance as stand alone characters and their own relationship. With many of the chapters from the story deleted and only the draft to work with it is hard to decipher how big of an importance Yifan’s character is.

In ‘Life is full of surprises’ the one shot is fully about Yifan and Tao and is completed. There was a sequel in the works but it is very likely that it will be scrapped entirely.

I have decided that I will leave it up to you, the readers, to decide if these stories should continue. 

I will be putting up a poll where you can vote two different options; 


YES continue to write it as you have already planned
 NO It would be best to stop 
YES but I would prefer that Yifan be mentioned as little as possible.

The last option will result in the stories changing courses and the relationship between Yifan and Tao happening in the shadows instead of in the open but if that will make you all comfortable I don’t mind going in and changing the story as it continues.

Like I said, this is all up to you guys. Even if these stories started as a coping mechanism for me it has grown into projects of various sizes for you all. All 2,414 of you who have taken time from your busy lives and read my stories. These are Projects that I wish all of you to feel safe reading.

The poll will be up for a few days and after the results are in I will be either drafting the stories or informing you all about the possible changes.

I will be keeping an eye on the poll and your comments to make this decision.

Thank you,

I send you a hug and a kiss wherever you are,
Mama Panda (a.k.a. sillyvamp)
K.D.F.G.

 

This is the Poll. Please participate.