Part 8

Angelic Nanny

 

Part 8

 

Jeonghan has just woken up. He grabbed his phone which he put on the side table the night before and unlocked the screen. It was 8:34 a.m. Jeonghan let out a sighed before he rose from the bed and trudged towards the bathroom to wash up. Once he was done washing up he padded out of his room and made his way to the kitchen, ready to prepare some breakfast.

 

But he was rather surprised to see Seungcheol already dressed up in his work outfits, drinking coffee alone at the dining table with his iPad in his hand; a usual routine for the older before he go to work.

 

“You’re working today?” Jeonghan asked as he walked towards the fridge, picking a few ingredients for breakfast. He decided to make kimchi fried rice today.

 

“Yup.” Seungcheol answered briefly. He emptied his cup before he rose up from his seat and making his way towards the sink, washing the used cup. Jeonghan’s eyebrows furrowed in response.

 

“But today is Saturday though. Shouldn’t it be your off day?” Jeonghan asked. He put the ingredients on the kitchen countertop before leaning on it; his attention was now fully on the older.

 

“I need to work half-day today. Don’t worry I’ll be back before three.” Seungcheol smiled as he turned off the tap. He grabbed a napkin to dry his hand before tossing it into the bin.

 

“How about breakfast?” Jeonghan asked in concern. Seungcheol was getting thinner, Jeonghan noticed. His face has sunken in so much and those eyes aren’t as lively as before. It showed that the older hasn’t been taking care of himself that well.

 

“Nah, I’m good. Oh I forgot to tell you. Daehyun hyung invited us for dinner today. He said Baekhyun-hyung hasn’t seen the both of you for so long.” Seungcheol informed as he picked up his coat, ready to go work. Jeonghan nodded, his hand automatically reached for Seungcheol’s briefcase. He followed the older towards the front door.

 

“I was going to ask you to bring us somewhere today. I’m glad you actually had it planned out. Jihoonie needs a playmate at least.” Jeonghan uttered. The both of them stopped as they’ve reached the door. Jeonghan gave the briefcase to Seungcheol once the latter has worn his shoes. Seungcheol received the briefcase; a grateful smile graced his lips.

 

“That’s the least I could do for Jihoon. I’ve been a bad father to him these past weeks.” Seungcheol smile faltered as he confessed. He let out a rather heavy sigh. Jeonghan’s eyes softened seeing the older feeling down like that. He rubbed Seungcheol’s arm as a sign of apology to the older.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry for what I said yesterday. I know you’re a good father Seungcheol. I didn’t mean it that way…” Regret laced Jeonghan’s tone. He felt guilty of what he had said to the older previously. Seungcheol chuckled seeing the apologetic look painted on the nanny’s face.  Subconsciously, he brought his hand up and caressed the younger’s cheek. A smile came back etching on his face.

 

“I didn’t blame you for that. What you said yesterday was true. I still need to pay attention to Jihoon even though you’re there for him. So, don’t feel sorry about that, okay?”

 

Jeonghan couldn’t help but to smile back. He unconsciously leaning to the older’s hand which was still caressing his face. They were staring at each other for quite some time until Jeonghan realized what they’ve been doing. He quickly retracted from the older’s touch. Gone the warmth he felt on his face a few seconds ago.

 

“I-I think you should go now. Y-you’ll be late. Ha ha…” Jeonghan chuckled awkwardly. Heat was creeping on his face. Damn, he suddenly felt hot.

 

Seungcheol was no better himself as he cleared his throat, suddenly felt awkward of the current situation. The both of them were avoiding each other’s eyes. It was a few moments later when Seungcheol finally found his voice again.

 

“Y-yeah. I should go now. Umm… bye…” Seungceol stuttered. He quickly made his way out, leaving a still flustered Jeonghan at the door.

 

Jeonghan was in dazed; his eyes stared at the empty spot where Seungcheol was standing previously. He was finally snapped out of his trance when heard Jihoon yelled ‘Mommy~’ from wherever the boy is.

 

“I’m here Jihoonie~ Just wait in the kitchen.” Jeonghan hollered back. He shut the door before leaning on the door, hand clutched on his beating chest and his eyes were staring blankly on the floor.

 

‘What just happened…?’

 


 

Daehyun and Baekhyun were glancing back and forth between Seungcheol and Jeonghan who were seating in front of them at the dining table before exchanging glances with each other. Baekhyun nudged on his husband beside him, mouthing something like ‘Wassup with them?’ towards Daehyun while his husband shrugged his shoulder while mouthing back ‘How the heck should I know?’ as a response. Baekhyun narrowed his eyes in dissatisfaction towards his husband. Daehyun who caught the older’s expression whispered out a defensive ‘What?’ afraid if his pregnant husband will ever snapped at him for whatever the reason it is. Baekhyun rolled his eyes before clearing his throat, trying to catch his guests’ attention.

 

“So, Jeonghan… how’s your life now? Good?” Baekhyun started. He couldn’t take the awkward atmosphere anymore. Both Seungcheol and Jeonghan had been awkward ever since they’ve arrived and Baekhyun had no idea what’s the cause of it.

 

“Hmm? Yeah, it’s good. Jihoon is an angel. It’s not hard to take care of him at all.” Jeonghan said as he ruffled the toddler’s hair. Jihoon was grinning, pleased at the said gesture. Baekhyun smiled seeing the interaction between the two. His eyes suddenly caught Seungcheol who was smiling fondly at the two. Baekhyun felt something in Seungcheol’s eyes when the younger eyed the nanny that he couldn’t decipher.

 

But he could tell that something’s fishy. Call it a pregnant man’s hunch.

 

“It’s good to hear that you love your job dear. So, only Jihoon? How about Seungcheol? He’s been good to you?” Baekhyun teased, but he never thought his teasing would actually cause Seungcheol to choke on his broccoli and for Jeonghan to turn as red as the tomato in his salad. Jeonghan frantically grabbed his glass and offered it to Seungcheol, his hand was busy patting the older’s back to sooth the pain. Seungcheol gratefully took the glass and downed it. He muttered out ‘Thanks’ as he handed back to Jeonghan, the latter was still patting his back.

 

“Are you okay?” Jeonghan asked in concern. Seungcheol nodded his head in response.

 

“Yeah, I’m good now.” Seungcheol smiled. His eyes once again looped with Jeonghan’s.

 

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at the two. His suspicions grew.

 

“So, you haven’t answered my question yet Jeonghannie.” Baekhyun said as he forked his cherry tomato, bringing it to his mouth. Daehyun stared at his husband in disbelief. One of their guests almost choked and that’s the only thing Baekhyun could offer? Seriously dude??

 

Baekhyun mouthed ‘What?’ at his husband; the latter could only shake his head. How did he end up marrying this guy?

 

“U-um, yeah. Seungcheol’s good to. Oh, by the way I met Jisoo yesterday.” Jeonghan tried to change the subject. Thankfully it caught the couple’s interest.

 

“Oh, you met him? How’s he?” Daehyun asked, genuinely curious. Seungcheol on the other hand was lost in the sudden change of conversation. Jisoo who?

 

“Yeah, he’s good. This little guy here wandered alone when I was busy with grocery shopping and thank goodness Jisoo found him. Oh yeah, he said hi to you two.” Jeonghan narrated on how he met his ex-lover.

 

“Wait, wait. Who’s this Jisoo person?” Seungcheol piped in. He couldn’t hold his curiosity. Why do Daehyun and Baekhyun seems to know this person well?

 

“Oh, he’s Jeonghan’s editor slash ex-boyfriend. He’s been with Jeonghan for quite long as far as I remembered. How long was it? It was since your college days, right? Daehyun nonchalantly asked. Jeonghan played with his napkin, feeling rather awkward talking about his past love life in front of Seungcheol.

 

“Uh, yeah. We’ve been together for like seven years, I guess?” Jeonghan tilted his head, unsure of the real statistic. Seungcheol raised his eyebrows.

 

“Why I never knew about this?” Seungcheol demanded. Jeonghan was quite surprised hearing the tone came from Seungcheol. Seungcheol rarely used that tone on him so he felt rather defensive.

 

Daehyun kept mum and sipped his drink as he eyed the two. He could sense drama rolling in.

 

“It’s not that important for me to tell you about him.” Jeonghan replied. It seems that Seungcheol wasn’t quite satisfied with Jeonghan’s answer as he fully faced the younger; his attention was now 100% on the latter.

 

Baekhyun bit on his last tomato, eyes were glancing back and forth between his two guests.

 

“But still, it’s not wrong to inform me about him. Well, I never knew who this Jisoo guy; he could be some psycho or something.” Seungcheol knew he’s being ridiculous right now but he couldn’t let this go. There was something stirred in him when he knew that this Jisoo guy has some sort of relation with Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan frowned, feeling rather offended by the accusation.

 

“He’s not some psycho. I’ve known him for years and he’s the nicest guy I’ve ever known.” Jeonghan retorted. Seungcheol felt his jaw tighten. So now Jeonghan defended this Jisoo or whatever his name is?

 

“Oh, yeah. Of course he’s the nicest one. He’s your love interest anyway.” Seungcheol scoffed, arms folded on his chest as he rolled his eyes in annoyance. Jeonghan gritted his teeth.

 

“You’re being ridiculous right now.” Jeonghan retorted; the frown has deepened on his face. Both of them were facing away from each other, both with arms folded on their chests, refused to give in. Suddenly someone cleared his throat, effectively catching both Seungcheol’s and Jeonghan’s attention.

 

“Umm, cheesecake anybody?”

 

Baekhyun mentally face-palmed. How on earth did he have this idiot as his husband?

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

Here’s a new chap guys! I felt that this fic is getting more and more domestic lol. But I couldn’t help it tho, Jeongcheol is a real domestic couple <3

 

Btw, I wanted to thank you guys who have been subscribing and upvoting this fic. I didn’t deserve your votes guys. I rarely update and sometimes when I do update it turns out short as hell. I’m kinda curious, why did you guys stick with me through this story?

 

Anyway, enjoy this chap! Your comments are deeply appreciated. I love to hear from you guys.

 

Till then <3