Part 6

Angelic Nanny

Part 6

 

 

It has been a week since Jeonghan live in with the little family. Yes, he has been living with the father-son duo ever since. Well, he couldn't say he wasn't even shocked the moment Seungcheol invited him. He felt like the young father just casually dropped the bomb on him.

 

Flashback

 

“Will you live with us? Seungcheol blurted out.

 

Jeonghans eyes almost bulging out of its sockets.

 

“What??

 

"Wait! What I mean is i-it's better if you move in with us rather than commuting here everyday. A-and I bet Jihoon will be thrilled to know someone will be with him in the house. I-I'll pay extra, don't worry about that." Seungcheol stuttered, indirectly using his oblivious son as a bait.

 

Jeonghan bit his lips , unsure of what to say.

 

"Umm, will you give me some time to think?" Jeonghan hesitantly asked. He almost let out a sigh of relief when he saw Seungcheol's face lit up.

 

"Oh, of course! Sure, sure. No problem. Take your time." Seungcheol grinned. Jeonghan couldn't help but to reciprocate. Jeonghan needs to decide and he knew from where he'll sought for help, or rather say from whom.

 

That night in his house, Jeonghan decided to call the one person he trusted the most.

 

"Hello, hyung?"

 

"Oh, hi Jeonghan-ah. What's up? Anything you nee- No, Taetae don't eat that thing, it's not a real strawberry- wait! Bambam! Don't copy your brother!  No no, why are you guys crying?! I'm not mad at you guys, c'mere..." Daehyun sort of greeted back from the other line.

 

"Hyung? Is everything okay?"

 

"Oh, Jeonghan-ah. I'm sorry, it's just that these rascals...haihhh... Oh, yeah. Anything you need?" Now they're back into their initial purpose. Jeonghan was a bit hesitant to ask but then he got no one else to sought help from.

 

"Umm, earlier Seungcheol asked me to live with him instead of commuting to his house every day. What do you think?"

 

There was a pause in their conversation. Jeonghan almost thought his hyung hang up on him. But then  instead of Daehyun, Baekhyun's voice broke the silence.

 

"Omo! He asked you to live with him?! Kyahhhh! Go for it! You've got my vote!" Baekhyun squealed in the phone. A faint of Daehyun's voice could be heard in the background saying 'Honey, I'm talking right now you know?' but Baekhyun was being his diva self, completely ignored his husband attempts to retrieve his phone.

 

"Umm, do you think I should just go with his plan?" It seems that Daehyun successfully win back his phone as this time, Jeonghan could hear the latter's voice on the other line and a whiny 'Whyyyyy?' from Baekhyun. He could almost see his older cousin puting drom the sideline.

 

“It’s up to you, Jeonghan-ah. Honestly saying, I think it’s a good idea. Seungcheol’s right. It’s better than commuting to his house every day. I guess I’ll feel a bit relieved knowing you won’t be living alone anymore and I know Seungcheol is trustworthy. It’s dangerous nowadays you know and it has been two years you’re living by yourself in that apartment, ever since Jisoo and you broke up.”

 

Jeonghan sighed. It seems like he would take the offer.

 

“Okay hyung, thanks for the advice. Say hi to the two and Baek-hyung.”

 

“Kay. If anything don’t hesitate to call.”

 

“Kay...”

 

And so the conversation ends.

 

 

After a week living with the little family, Jeonghan found out that Seungcheol was not at all an organized person. Even little Jihoon knows how to put back his toys into the box after playing with them. So he wasn’t fazed when he hear Seungcheol’s loud voice emanating through the house every freaking morning to find his freaking items.

 

“Jeonghan, where’s my socks?!” Seungcheol hollered from his bedroom.

 

“It’s in the second drawer in your closet.” Jeonghan replied casually as he flipped the pancake in the pan. There was a few seconds of silence before Seungcheol hollered back.

 

“How about my briefcase?!”

 

Jeonghan sighed. He placed the last piece of pancake on the stacks. That should be enough.

 

“It’s in your office on your table.” Jeonghan replied back as he made his way towards the coffee machine to make a cup for his employer. Seungcheol would come out a few minutes from now.

 

Jeonghan smiled to himself when he heard his employer yelled out ‘Thanks!’ from the latter’s bedroom. As he waited for the coffee to fill the cup, he made his way towards Jihoon’s bedroom. Jeonghan opened the door and walked towards the window. He pulled off the curtains and opened the window to let some fresh air in. He then walked to the bed where a little boy bundled up in a fluffy blanket was sleeping peacefully.

 

“Jihoonie, wake up dear. Let’s have breakfast with your daddy.” Jeonghan softly coaxed the boy from his slumber. Jihoon’s eyes fluttered open and a sweet smile carved on his face when he saw Jeonghan.

 

“Morning.” The boy mumbled sleepily. Jeonghan chuckled as he patted the boy’s .

 

“Morning to you too, sweetie. Now come, your father will be out any minutes from now.” Jeonghan said. Jihoon didn’t waste his time as the boy got out of his bed and went to wash up. Jeonghan made the bed and went back into the kitchen. Right on time, a fully attired Seungcheol entered the kitchen.

 

“Morning.” The young dad greeted.

 

“Morning. Here’s your coffee.” Jeonghan greeted back as he put the hot coffee in front of Seungcheol. Seungcheol muttered out a ‘Thanks’ grabbed the mug to drink it. But before he had his first sip, the corner of his eyes caught the sight of Jeonghan leaning on the kitchen cabinet with his arms folded in front. Oh, oh. Something’s not right.

 

“W-what?” the young dad stuttered. He placed his untouched mug back onto the table. Jeonghan on the other hand raised his eyebrows.

“Are you sure you weren’t aware of what you did wrong?” Jeonghan’s tone might be calm but there’s a hint of threat in it. Seungcheol gulped before he let out a sigh of defeat.

 

“Okay, okay. I get it. I’m in the wrong. I should’ve woken up the first time you asked me to. I’m sorry...” The young dad admitted. Jeonghan on the other hand doesn’t seem satisfied.

 

“That’s all?”

 

“There’s more?” Seungcheol asked back, confusion was all over his face. He gulped down his saliva again when he saw Jeonghan let out a sigh a rubbed his own temple.

 

“Seungcheol, could you at least try to be a bit organized?” Jeonghan asked in defeat.

 

“Am I that bad?”

 

“If you’re not that bad then I’m sure you wouldn’t yell out like a crazy ape every morning to search for your socks. It’s a miracle that you never lose your underwear.” Jeonghan retorted. Seungcheol’s face pinked, ashamed. The young dad fidgeted in his seat.

 

“U-umm, okay. I’m sorry about that too. I’ll try to be more organized.” Seungcheol sounded like a kicked puppy and Jeonghan almost felt guilty for chewing the former off. Jeonghan just nodded and placed the stack of pancakes earlier in front of his boss. It should be a funny sight to see an employee scolding his boss and not the other way around.

 

“Here, have some before going.”

 

Just then a cheery ‘Good morning!’ could be heard and Jihoon waddled into the kitchen, as usual, searching for his daddy. Seungcheol smiled and kissed the boy’s forehead and greeted the boy back. The three of them were having their breakfast happily.

 


 

Jeonghan hold the briefcase as Seungcheol wore his shoes. It was like a routine for the nanny to send the older off to work with little Jihoonie by his side.

 

“I’m going to bring Jihoonie with me for some grocery shopping latter. Anything you want?” Jeonghan asked as he handed the briefcase to Seungcheol. Seungcheol just smiled and shook his head.

 

“Nah, I’m good. If I need anything I’ll just drop by the store after work.”

 

“You’re coming home early today?” Jeonghan raised his eyebrows. It’s kinda rare for Seungcheol to be back early nowadays.

 

“Yeah, but just for today though.”

 

Jeonghan nodded in understanding. He then smiled as he saw Seungcheol crouched down and opened his arms wide, wanting a hug from his son. Jihoon gladly rushed into his dad’s embrace and exchanged ‘I love you’s with the young dad. Jeonghan and Jihoon watched as Seungcheol disappeared from his sight. Then the nanny faced the little boy.

 

“Let’s wash up, shall we?”

 


 

Daehyun didn’t know if it’s a déjà vu or something but he felt that it has been a while since he saw Seungcheol plastered his face on the mahogany table in his office. The last time he saw it was before Jeonghan worked with the younger as his nanny. So was wondering what on earth could have happened for the younger male to be in such position. But as usual, Daehyun strode into the younger’s office with a thick rolled up paper in his hand and smacked the latter’s head with it, earning himself a satisfied yelp from the younger male.

 

Yep, Daehyun is a sadistic bastard.

 

“What kind of nonexistence crisis are you having now?” Daehyun asked casually as he sat on the table. Seungcheol on the other hand rubbed the smacked part on his head while glaring menacingly at the older but Daehyun couldn’t care less.

 

“Stop glaring like a feisty puppy and start talking.” Daehyun retorted. Seungcheol let out a huff.

 

“It’s Jeonghan...” Seungcheol pouted. Daehyun raised his eyebrows.

 

“What about him?”

 

“He ing nagged at me for being so disorganized! Am I that bad?” Seungcheol frowned. Daehyun snorted.

 

“Dude, just look at your office’s state. It was some bat crazy chickens went in here and run around everywhere before disappeared magically and thus this happened.” Daehyun gestured at the papers scattered on the floor, the messed up files on the rack and the dead plant in the pot at the corner of the window. He was quite surprise to see that the table was void of any disastrous papers of books saved for the laptop on it. Well, the younger loves to wail on that shiny surface anyway so he shouldn’t be so surprise.

 

Seungcheol pouted again.

 

“Maybe I should learn how to organize.” The younger mumbled. Daehyun chuckled as he patted the younger’s head and moved his of the shiny piece of wood.

 

“Maybe you should. Oh, Baekhyun wanted you three to join us for dinner tomorrow. He said he missed Jihoonie.” Daehyun smiled.

 

“Only Jihoonie? He didn’t miss me?” Seungcheol smirked as he saw his hyung’s smile faltered into a frown and the latter mocked hitting him.

 

“Why should he miss you, you punk.” Daehyun retorted before making his way out of the office. But before the older reached the door, Seungcheol spoke again.

 

“Tell Baekhyun I love him~” The younger sing-song. He chuckled when he saw Daehyun gave him the middle finger without even turning.

 

What a sweet revenge.

 

 

 

 

a/n:

 

Hi, sorry I know I’m late. But here’s a new chap. Enjoy! Comments are much appreciated.