Chapter two

Do you remember?

Italics= Flashback 



"I pronounce Mrs Jung Hyosung dead at 4:46 pm" said the doctor giving last checks on my mom before covering her up in a white blanket. Tears rolled down my eyes, I looked over at Jessica. She was obviously faking it, she wasn't making the noise when people cry. "Fake..." I mumbled under my breath. 

The doctor walked over to me and my sister giving us comfort, well really it was useless comfort. " Since you guys look quite young to deal with funeral issues. May I ask where is your father?" he asked. I choked on my tears," Well... My father left us when we were younger" I started calmly. " But you can rely on me" interrupted Jessica "My younger sister doesn't know as much as I do. Plus it's great I'm studying accounting and I'm also graduating". I stared at her, she's not even close to graduating and she's not studying accounting. All Jessica does is club even though she's underage. "Oh is that so? That's great! Well we'll leave it up to you then" replied the doctor.

I gasped, "Wait no!" I cried before the doctor left " I think we still need some help because you can't just rely on one person!". "Well what about you? Maybe you could help your sister" said the doctor. "Yeah Soojung. Help your sister for the first time in forever" snapped Jessica. "I've helped in everything while you were gone" I whispered back. "Please doctor, I think we still need support" I begged. "The doctor isn't gonna make any difference" snapped Jessica "He might as well not plan a funeral that Mom would like". "That is true. If I can rely on your sister I think you can to" agreed the doctor.

I scoffed, " Fine, lets see if you can make a funeral Mom would want" I said " Especially if you don't know what Mom is like". Jessica stared and scoffed in disbelief, "As if! I knew Mom 5 years more than you!". I laughed and walked off. " and you literally abandoned us for 3 years" I added. 

I couldn't believe the doctor allowed Jessica to plan the funeral AND pay for it. Funerals can be expensive especially in our condition. We only moved here for a while because our father left us while we were in America taking more than $500,000. Thankfully our grandparents helped us get here to Korea but.... they... they passed away shortly in a car accident.