Chapter one

Do you remember?

Italics = Flashback 


I ran as fast as possible. She can't be gone. No. Not at this time. She can't leave me, she must see my graduation! Tears rolled off my face as I ran, I needed to hear her last words, I needed to tell her my worries and my apologies, I needed to tell her... I can't live without her. 

I arrived at the hospital and rushed upstairs. I ran to find her. " Where's my mum?!" I screamed at the doctor that walked out of the curtains. "You must be her daughter.. I can tell you that... Your mother has a few minutes left to live" said the doctor. I screamed and rushed in the curtains. It's just a nightmare right? No.. It's not a dream or a nightmare. "Mother!!!" I screamed as I looked at her. She was covered in blood and brusies. It was hard to look at her. "Soo..Soojung" I heard her say. "Momm.." I cried, tears rolled off my eyes " I can't live with Jessica. I'm not living with her.". "Soojung`ah.. Sooyeon is your sister  .." whispered my mom in a weak tone. " A horrible sister! She left me once at the playground! She even left me to be beaten by a group of gangsters!" I yelled. 

"Mom..." whispered a fainted voice. I turned around and saw Jessica. "She's dying." I said. " Mom.." she whispered again. What was with her?! She is dying for gods sake! "You better make this moment worth it" I mouthed word to her. "Don't rush me" said Jessica in English. "Mom, I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you most of the time" she whispered. Jessica walked over and pushed me away, she whispered more words. 

"I promise you that I would look after Soojung. She would be under my protection and I'll help her in any way. I wouldn't let my sister get lost and trapped" I heard her whisper putting her middle finger over the second finger. She turned around facing me, "Sike," she mouthed word to me, " Why would I look after a ugly looking fool like you?" 

"Mom, don't let yourself believe in that" I said. "Don't let Mom die in worries, Soojung"  said Jessica. "I believe in Sooyeon. I told you she's a great sister....." mumbled my mom. Her heart rate started to go down, in a blink of an eye... She was dead.