Mine (JenBin)

Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie Kim sighed as she sat on the sofa, hearing her parents argue in the kitchen, as if their angry voices weren't heard in the living room, they're shouting for fck's sake. Same old issues, same old quarrel. She's so sick and tired of all this , honestly. She felt someone held her hand, catching her attention. She turned and saw her older brother, Jiwon looking so annoyed and angry. He gently squeezed her hand, making her smile. 

 

"Is Hanbin picking you up later?" Bobby asked, Jennie shaking her head. She's thanking the heavens she didn't brought her boyfriend here. It's a chaos she never wanted him to see. 

 

"No, he's probably at the resto," she answered, making Bobby nodded.  

 

"Okay, I'll drop you off," her brother said, standing up, purposely kicking the table, as if signaling their parents that their kids are within earshot. They thankfully stop. "Omma, appa, we'll be going!" he shouted, forcing her to also stand up and face their parents. 

 

Kim Jinwoo sighed as he walked towards his kids. They're already grown up, as if in a blink of an eye, they're not little anymore. 

 

"Oh, take care, okay? Are you driving Jennie back to her apartment?" Kim Junhee asked, a smile on her face. So fake, Jennie noticed her mom's lips trembling. She sighed and let her mom hugged her. 

 

"Take care, the two of you, hmm," Junhee said, also grabbing Bobby who also sighed. 

 

And so they left, as if everything is okay, as if everything is perfect. It was always like that, always so fake, always an act. All her life she was used to acting fine, acting okay. Maybe that's why she's even called the Ice Princess in their college. She's got a resting bxtch face, and a mean streak, a flight risk, all bad and cruel as the rumors go. 

 

"Forget it, Jen. They're always like that," Bobby suddenly said, making Jennie jerked. They were so silent in the car, she was surprised when he suddenly talked. She sighed and looked out the window. 

 

"I know, I'm used to it by now," Jennie murmured as she watched the clear blue skies, so contrary to her life full of angry grey clouds. 

 

"They're getting a divorce," he said, quickly glancing at his dongsaeng, gauging her reaction. 

 

"Huh. Really?" she answered, not a trace of surprise in her voice. "Why now? Why not years ago? Why now when we're both not living with them anymore? Why now when we're both old enough?" she asked, her brows creased, then a sarcastic laugh escaped , realization dawning on her. She looked at Bobby, obviously knowing that he also understood the underlying reason. 

 

"Jen, stop thinking about them," Bobby instead stated, Jennie ducked her head, leaning on the car window. 

 

"We're not there anymore, so they can stop acting huh," she murmured, sighing as she closed her eyes. Her life is full of sht. So so full of sht. So stinky, so gross, so dirty, so hard to clean and remove. 

 

And so her mood was so low as she entered her apartment, scratch that, their apartment, she share it with her boyfriend, Kim Hanbin. Of course her parents doesn't know, they thought she's sharing it with one of her girl friends. 

 

She groaned while carelessly throw her bag on the floor, as she clumsily collapsing on the couch. She closed her eyes as she took a deep breathe. She so tired already. 

 

"Hi, Jen, you okay?" 

 

She abruptly sat up upon hearing his voice. Her eyes widen when she saw Kim Hanbin standing by their bedroom door, smiling at her. 

 

"Yah, why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be at work?" she asked, eyeing him as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter