Zumba Class

Zumba Class

Zumba Dance

 

         One sunny morning, I found myself exercising from our garden. I realized that I should do this regularly in order to stay fit and healthy. My parents were actually worried if I’m still the same because I’m not really fond of exercise and since 3 days ago exercise is now part of my daily routine. Before I hate moving, I only love sleeping, playing or just silently staying inside my room. But now the world has changed its rotation.

           The next day I went out for a jogging in our village. Suddenly, I stopped at the court because some people have caught my attention so I slowly walk up to them and looked at them with my weird face on. There are some old and young people dancing in the center of the court. Out of my curiosity, I asked the girl beside me:

“Hey, what is that? Is that a dance group or?”

“Nope, they’re just exercising and dancing at the same time . It’s called Zumba dance”, the girl replied.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I’m not familiar with that kind of exercising.” I chuckle.

“It’s okay. Why don’t you try it? I mean you’re actually out for a jogging, right? So why don’t you just try it, the Zumba dance?” the girl asked.

“No, I’m fine with jogging and I’m not really a person who loves exercising. And besides I think Zumba is kind of weird for me.” I said.

 

The girl was literally shocked when I said that Zumba dance was weird for me. Omg! Did I say something wrong? And I think we have the same thoughts since she's not participating and just watching them.

But to be honest this girl is so pretty, so gorgeous so y and look so physically fit and I think she don't need some Zumba nor exercise. This girl is pure perfection but oh I better stop with my thoughts. I felt weird anyways.

"Hey, why did you stop talking?" the girl asked.

"Uh-uh nothing just thinking some things." I replied.

"So Zumba is weird for you, huh?" the girl respond.

"It's not what I meant, I mean it's kinda weird If I'm gonna be like them dancing and grooving to some music. Following the steps of the instructor who's actually nowhere to be found. Don’t you think it’s kinda bit unprofessional leaving them just like that? “I said.

"W-wait, first you think Zumba is weird and now you kind of insulting the instructor "who's nowhere to be found?”  the girl defended.

"No, no, no! It's not what you think. Uh-Since you've been here a lil'longer than me, did you even see the instructor?” I asked.

"Actually, I know her." the girl answered back.

"Oh my god! Are you even serious? Ohmy! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insult her nor the Zumba dance. I'm sorry. And please don't tell anything to her.", I pleaded.

"Sure, no problem!" the girl replied.

"Thank you, anyways so I gotta go. See you around.” I smiled at her.

---

 

I woke up late because I've been playing this game that my friend recommended and man this game is so addictive. I checked my phone and saw 2 messages, 1 from my friend and the other one from my crush. So I quickly type my message to them and press send button.

My mother welcomed me with her questions when I got out of my room. She keeps on asking me to enroll in this Zumba dance which I saw last week. I said that I'm not interested and yet she still keeps on telling me that I should give it a try, even just once. But I knew to myself that I can’t do it. So my mother thinks of a way on how she can convince me to join in that weird dance. She came up to me and gave me two keys.

“Taeyeon-ah, early gifts for you.” My mother said.

“W-what is this mother? Why are you giving these keys to me?” I asked.

“One key is for your new car, and the other one is for your new place.” Mother explained.

“Wow! Daebak! Really, thank you. But how can I repay you, mother?” I asked.

“Taeyeon-ah, you know there’s this Zumba dance happening in the court right?

I knew it! She gave me these gifts because she wants me to try and enroll in this damn thing. I frown a little to my mother’s idea.

“Taeyeon-ah, I just want you to try this one, just once. Also, because I’ve promised to my best friend that we’re gonna support her daughter. “Mother added.

“Mother, I already told you my answer, didn’t I? And please enlighten me about this friend of yours, how come you haven’t told me this support thingy? I don’t even know her daughter in the first place.” I stated.

“Taeyeon-ah, this friend is my best friend from my college days and we just bumped into each other last month and she happened to convince me about her daughter’s job. Her daughter is actually the instructor in that Zumba dance you saw and she’s quite famous.” Mother replied.

“Really, but I didn’t saw her that day. Uhm So I can just try it just for once right? I can do it but there’s no more next time.” I finally agreed.

“Yes Taeyeon-ah, thank you for agreeing. Just be nice to her, okay? She’s nice and pretty. She’s actually the same as your age.” Mother said.

“Hmmm, okay mother. I can just treat her nice right? And you’re not asking me to befriend her?” I asked.

“No, no. I’m just saying because I already saw her personally. She’s nice anyway, just be good to her, okay? I’m going to your father’s office, we have 3 meetings today.” Mother asked.

“Yes, I promise. Take care mother.” I said

---

 

“That’s how you agreed to your mother’s request, Taeng?” Sooyoung asked.

“Yes, can you come with me Soo? I don’t feel good about this idea. But I can’t do anything since I already told my mom that I’ll try it.” I said.

“Then you better go and try this Zumba dance and you can tell me after if it’s good or Nah. “Sooyoung teased me.

“Why? Do you want to try this Zumba dance?” I laugh at her.

“No, I’m just curious since some our friends are actually doing that dance.” Sooyoung said.

“Really? Who are they? Spill it up.” I beamed.

“It’s just Hyoyeon and Yuri.” Just keep this a secret and don’t tease them, alright kid?” Sooyoung stated.

“Stop calling me that you, stickhead.” I answered back.

“Psh, anyway, I need to check on Yoona, I gotta go, bye kid.” Sooyoung winked at me.

This stickhead, really. Should I prepare for my Zumba class tomorrow? Ugh. I’m not excited, I feel nervous though. That instructor, is she really pretty or nice? No, Taeyeon stop thinking, you shouldn’t think about this kind of stuff, you don’t know if she swings that way. And you still haven’t seen her so there’s a slight chance that she can’t be that pretty. And why am I thinking about her? I’m not interested. Damn! Yes, I should just sleep and rest because tomorrow’s gonna be the most tiring day ever.

---

 

Tiffany, on the other hand is still bothered by that girl who actually said something bad about Zumba and to herself as well. She remembers it all, that “Zumba is actually a weird thing” and that the “instructor was really unprofessional.” My god, I can’t concentrate that petite girl is really something. How can she even say those words? She hasn’t tried Zumba yet and she clearly doesn’t know me. I’m famous when it comes to this job. By the way, she’s actually cute; she has this milky white skin that looks so smooth but she pissed me off.

“Tiffany?” Mom said.

“Yes, mom? I’m here inside the bathroom.” I said.

“Oh, Okay, I’ll wait you here.” Mom replied.

“Yes mom, what’s the matter?” I asked while sitting across her.

“I have good news for you; do you remember what I’ve told you before? That I met my best friend and we actually talked a lot and I kinda told her that you need more volunteers for your Zumba class. She agreed and she said she’ll try to convince her daughter to try it. And guess what she texted me two days ago saying that her daughter agreed to try it but only just for once. Listen, so you need to do your best and convince her yourself to enroll in your Zumba class.” Mom explained.

“Oh, okay. I can do that. I’m good at this mom, don’t worry. I can convince her. Wait this friend of yours; is this the friend I saw one week ago?” I asked.

 “Yes, Tiffany that’s her. Don’t worry; her daughter is nice, cute but quite naughty and a bit hard-headed.” Mom said.

“Naught and hard-headed? Mom! How can I even convince that person?” I asked.

“You can do it, Tiffany. I believe in your beauty and powers.” Mom giggled.

“Fine, but thank you mom for helping and supporting me, you’re the best mom in the world. I love you so much mom.” I said.

“Aww, I love you too my beautiful daughter and always remember that I’m always here, okay?” Mom replied back and kissed my cheek.

She left after our conversation. I kinda felt nervous about this idea. How can I even convince that girl? Ugh. But I can do it.

---

 

Three loud knocks on my bedroom door then my mother entered and wake me up from my wonderland.

“Taeyeon-ah, you better get ready for your Zumba class today.” Mother said.

I groan but didn’t let my mother hear this because she might misunderstand it. Yes, I did prepare for this day, for my Zumba class.

As I get out of my bed, I went to my closet and grab my blue shirt and my jogging pants and go straight to the bathroom to have a quick shower.

After my quick shower, I grasp my bag tightly and shove my water bottle to the side of my bag-pack.

“Mother, I’m going.” I said.

“Be careful, and enjoy.” Mother smiled at me.

“Oh and please be nice to my best-friend’s daughter, okay?” Mother added.

“Sure, bye.” I said.

 

As I walked onto the basketball court, I saw some adults and teenagers who will actually going to the same direction. I followed them and went to the line to register for this Zumba class today.

 30 minutes had passed and I still haven’t seen the instructor. Where is she? She’s so unprofessional, oh god help me. She’s 30 minutes late for god sake. Damn! How can I treat her nice if she’s being like this? I don’t care if she’s pretty or y or famous or what. I just want to finish this Zumba class and get over with it.

---

I saw her, that petite woman who insults me. What is she doing here? I thought she hates this Zumba. I’m not late; I’m just waiting for that new girl. While searching for her, everyone’s getting ready on their position and doing some random exercise. Then the petite girl walked to the left back side and position herself too. Am I dreaming? What is she up to?

Anyway, as I slowly walked to the stage and I already decided to start because I might be waiting for that new girl who actually doesn’t want to come.

---

I saw my Zumba mates doing some random exercises and so I did follow them, I position myself too, I don’t want to see the instructor so I just went to the left back side. After a few minutes, I saw the instructor walking to the front stage with her back facing us. I can’t see her face though – Wait, why would I want to see her face? I’m not interested at her. Okay calm the down, Kim Taeyeon.

She plays a loud music then she started some dance moves, oh we’re starting great! My Zumba mates were already following her moves so I did mimic them.

After 20 minutes of dancing, I heard the instructor said “water break, you guys rest for 10 minutes then come back here” Some thoughts running into my head, her y husky voice though – I like it. Wait, she sounds like she’s someone I know. Then the next thing I know; I saw her walking to the small canteen so I followed her and took a casual glance at her. She’s wiping the sweat from her face, down to her neck. Oh crap! She’s so y oh help me mother. Great! My mind is now flooded by some unwanted thoughts. I find her so hot; Yeah, this instructor is very hot. Are we really having the same age? Because her body is so seductive and yet she looks like someone I know, I think I’ve seen her face but I can’t remember where and when. I just found myself deeply staring at her, which was stupid but I can’t help it; I’m simply amazed by her beauty.

---

I feel someone who is nearly, watching me. I looked up and move my head from left to right then I saw the petite girl looking at me. So I just shrugged and avoided any eye contact with her. I walked to a table and took a seat to the vacant chair. I can still feel her eyes on me so I slowly turn and look at her. Should I ask her? Should I talk to her? Right! I can ask her about her rude attitude.

---

I can’t stop myself from looking at her, her smooth skin that looks so inviting. Maybe it feels good if I can just touch her skin. Kim Taeyeon, get your together. Wait, she’s moving and she’s coming right towards my direction. What should I do? Should I go and leave her? But I want to see her close up view face. I can face her and just act cool.

 

“Hi.” the instructor said.

“Oh, H-hello.” I stammered.

“We meet again. It’s nice to see you here.” the instructor said.

We meet again? I am right; I saw her before but still can’t remember.

“Huh? Can I ask you a question?” I asked.

“Shoot.” the instructor replied.

“When did we meet?” I asked.

“Uhm, I guess two to three weeks ago, when you saw me watching the Zumba class.” the instructor answered.

---

What? ! That’s her? There’s no way. I kinda remembered it now. I did say some inappropriate words. This is not happening, wow. This is so embarrassing. She’s the instructor? She’s the daughter of my mother’s best-friend. Wow! Should I apologize? Should I ask if she’s mad?

---

Why did she suddenly become so quiet? It’s like the first time I talked to her. Petite girl, what are thinking right now? Are you insulting me again? Don’t you dare try. Should I leave her? She’s being rude again ugh. So I quickly turn and walk towards the door when suddenly a hand stops me. Now she’s being so erted huh, why did she touch me? I removed her hands off of me and gave her my glaring look.

“Uh, M-Ms Instructor, I’m s-sorry for what I’ve told you b-before.” the petite girl pleaded.

Did I hear it right? She’s apologizing to me. She looks like a lost puppy, she looks so sorry; and because of that I kinda forget that I was mad at her.

“It’s okay. Just forget it.” I said.

“W-what? You already forgive me?” the petite girl asked.

“Yes, I’m not a bad person. And besides I’m not that mad, I was just surprised and confused. Why are you staring at me a while ago?”  I asked the petite girl.

“Ah, I-I was just looking at you because I kinda remember you but can’t remember where and when so I figured that If I stare at you I can remember it.” the petite girl answered back.

“You remember it now?” I asked her back.

“Nope, that’s why I asked you that question before.” the petite girl said.

“Hmm. Okay, now I get it. So I gotta go.” I said.

“Wait.” the petite girl said.

“Why?” I said.

“Can we introduce ourselves please?” the petite girl asked.

“O-okay, my name is Tiffany Hwang, and as you can see; I’m the “unprofessional instructor” of the “weird Zumba dance class.” I said while looking at her eyes.

“Ugh, I thought we’re okay. I’m sorry about that, I didn’t mean it that way.” the petite girl said.

“I was just kidding, go on.” I said.

“Hi Tiffany, I’m Kim Taeyeon.” the petite girl proudly said.

“Taeyeon huh? See you later; I need to get back and stop being so unprofessional.” I winked at her.

“Wait, Tiffany!” Taeyeon said.

“Yes, Taeyeon?” I asked.

“You’re so pretty.” Taeyeon said as she walks towards the door.

I suddenly blush at her words. I didn’t see it coming. I walked towards the same door. I can’t help but just to smile. Tiffany Hwang, what is this? You’re not like this. That petite- I mean that Taeyeon is really interesting.

---

 

I'm still thinking if I should make this story a two-shot? or just leave the way it is. :) Hmmm. Please comment if I should or just leave it? Thank you for reading this. 😀

 

xoxo