Chrysalis

Life is Strange

The two girls were sitting in the Principal's Office surrounded by school officials and the police. Tiffany had been acting tough most of her school life, but today she shivered like a lost puppy left in the rain.

Tiffany had never heard a gun shot in her life, unless you counted movies. The shot still echoed in her ear and she was mindlessly following along the talk of Nathan Prescott's expulsion. Like the girl instructed her to do, she stayed quiet most of the time and answered what Taeyeon had told her to say earlier in the bathroom.

Like magic, most of what Taeyeon said seemed to solve every question thrown at her. As if she knew the consequences of each specific word said and carefully threaded around them. Eventually, there was nothing to do but rightfully arrest the psychopath that nearly got her killed. After a few hours, the two were sent on their way back to the dormitory.

They were escorted back by a few policemen until they reached the door of the Girls' Dormitory. Obviously, the men couldn't enter.

"You feel threatened, you call us." One of the officers said.

"There won't be any trouble tonight." Taeyeon said sternly. "Thank you." She opened the door and like a gentleman, allowed Tiffany to slip in first.

"Thanks.." Tiffany mumbled, realizing this was the first time she actually thanked the girl for anything. "Wait--" Taeyeon continued walking down the dimly lit hall, marching towards her room. The girl hurriedly caught up with her, trying to get the girl to stop. "I want to talk."

Her classmate looked relieved, and annoyed. "You've already thanked me."

"I know, but can I at least--"

"Let's just forget this ever happened, okay?" Taeyeon pushed her door open. "It's a terrible thing to have to go through, so don't think about it. Just keep moving forward and forget about it all. Okay?" Despite the somewhat mean approach, there was a genuine feeling behind her words that made Tiffany dangerously curious. "Forget about Nathan, forget about almost dying. Forget about me."

How could I forget that you saved my life? Tiffany almost said. But Taeyeon had already slipped into her room, locking the door behind her.

Tiffany stood there, looking at the white door. She didn't get it. Why was Taeyeon acting so..annoyed? For saving me? She should be proud that she saved a student. Why does it feel like saving me was a chore she had to do?

She realized she knew absolutely nothing about Taeyeon. But as she walked across the hall into her room, she was determined to make it up to her.

X X X

"You're all over the town's news, Tiffany!" Seohyun, Tiffany's next door roommate says, jumping all over her bed. "You and that other girl!"

"Taeyeon." Tiffany sighs, attempting to focus her attention back onto her homework. "Seohyun, cut it out!"

"Sorry! I'm just a little excited." She snickers, sliding off the bed. The newspaper made a satisfying sound when Seohyun creased it back onto the table. "But seriously, I'm glad you're okay. That's so weird, Nathan just attacked you in the bathroom?"

"Y-yeah.." She pushed her binder to the side, taking her earphones out. "He just started yelling at me and stuff.."

"Then Taeyeon burst into the door and saved you, right?" Seohyun snickers, fantasizing about the events that happened yesterday.

"Not exactly..Taeyeon was hiding in the corner..and then she saved me."

"Huh, I wonder what she was doing there. So what, you guys talking now? Isn't Taeyeon just down the hallway, next to Yuri?" The younger girl stretches out on Tiffany's bed, moving her pink pillows to the side. "I use to talk to her back in freshman year, but we grew apart."

"Tell me about her." Tiffany sighed, putting on some music in the background. It was in the morning and she didn't feel like going to class. Seohyun's class didn't start until after lunch. So she didn't worry about her music bothering the other girls in the dormitory. "I tried to thank her the other day, but she seemed..I don't know..she doesn't seem to like me." Her roommate laughed.

"What are you talking about? Who doesn't like Tiffany Hwang?" Seohyun smiled, rolling off the bed. "She's probably just..I dunno, I wouldn't know how to react if I saved someone's life either. Maybe she just wants to forget about it all. I'm sure she was scared too."

"That's exactly it.." Tiffany traces her fingers along her polaroid camera, contemplating and remembering what Taeyeon said to her yesterday. "She just told me to forget about her."

"Nonsense. She's just shy, I bet." Seohyun sits back down, swinging her feet back and forth. "Taeyeon's a nice person. But she keeps to herself a lot. She's sort of quiet, last time I remembered. But she has a lot of friends. I don't remember what happened Freshman year, but we got different classes and I haven't really talked to her that much since then."

"Then I don't suppose you can tell me why she doesn't want me to get close to her.."

"Like I said, that was back in Freshman year. Tiffany, we're both Seniors now! Four years can change a person. But yeah, I agree, she doesn't seem very happy according to what you told me. Maybe she was just stressed out. What if she didn't save you? You could have died. That's a huge burden on her."

"But she did save me. So I'm not sure why she's so.." She drifts off. "..sad.."

"You still haven't properly thanked her right? I saw her taking a shower just before I came into your room. I reckon she's still at the dormitory, skipping class like you."

"What are you suggesting?" Before Tiffany could finish her sentence, Seohyun pulled her up, pushing her towards the door.

"Let's go talk to her. Oh, and--" She turns around, taking Tiffany's polaroid camera. "Take a picture together."

X X X

Seohyun knocked on Taeyeon's door, awaiting a response. They had checked the showers and confirmed Taeyeon was back in her room. The younger girl was full of energy, jumping up and down in front of the door while Tiffany stayed quiet, hiding behind her back for the most part.

There wasn't any response, but there was music playing behind the door. Seohyun tried the door knob, and it was unlocked.

"Hey! Isn't this breaking and entering?" Tiffany watched as Seohyun carefully opened the door.

"What are you talking about? We're not breaking anything. We're just..entering." She grins. "Plus I'm her friend. Kind of, I'm sure she won't mind. We're just going to say Thank you, take a picture, and leave!"

Tiffany tugs on Seohyun's shirt, expressing her doubts once more. "Seohyun, I don't think this is a good idea. She saved me, the least I can do is follow what she asked me to do and leave her alone."

"No, if you leave her alone that's an move. Don't you dare forget any of this happened. She saved your life, Tiffany. Don't you ever forget that!" Seohyun pulls her arm away, and instead, holds her older friend's hand and escorts them inside.

"Taeyeon, you there?" Seohyun called out. "It's Seohyun." There wasn't a response, of course, but it was evident that she had just been here. The laptop was on, a page loading a news article about the school. Taeyeon's shower supplies were still on the floor, and her wet slippers were still drying near the door.

"What the heck? Where'd that little dork go?" She let go of Tiffany's hand and began to examine the room. Tiffany stayed carefully near the door.

Taeyeon's room was elegantly messy, if that was a thing. She wasn't surprised to see an entire wall covered in polaroids, and if anything, she was intrigued. There were Christmas lights hung around the photos, but it was currently turned off. Taeyeon had a large bookshelf full of movies and other musical albums. In the corner, Tiffany spotted a guitar. Next to her bed was a small nightstand. On top of the table was a notepad with several markings, though there was no indication for what the marks represented. There had to be at least twenty marks or more. Next to it was a cute pink and black watch. It looked nearly identical to the one Tiffany had, except this one was broken.

"What the?" Seohyun gasped, standing in front of the closet. "I found you!" She pulled the closet door open, revealing Taeyeon crouched in the corner with her right hand sticking out. Her roommate pulled the girl out of the closet, laughing as Taeyeon collapsed onto the floor.

"This is the first time.." Taeyeon mumbled, trying to recollect herself. "That you decided to look into the closet.."

Tiffany stayed near the door, ready to dash out if anything bad happened. But instead, Taeyeon sat on the floor looking defeated as she ruffled her short wet hair around. "You always find a way, don't you?"

"Shouldn't you be a little more grateful that we're visiting you?" Seohyun frowned playfully. "I'm sure you guys have met already, but Taeyeon, this is my friend Tiffany. Tiffany, this is Taeyeon."

"I know who she is, and I told her to stay away from me." Taeyeon growled. Tiffany's face falls, and she looks upset. Taeyeon sighs, massaging her temples. "Look, I don't mean to be an , but I'm not good for you."

"Stop speaking in riddles, Taeyeon." Seohyun sits on her bed, looking at the polaroids behind her. "Why don't you just admit you're happy to see us?"

"You guys don't.." Tiffany watches Taeyeon carefully.

She looked confused, angry, upset, yet so relieved at the same time.

How? And what was going on through her head? Tiffany gently shook Seohyun, asking her to wait outside. The girl was reluctant at first, but followed her friend's order. She closed the door behind them, leaving Taeyeon and Tiffany in the room alone.

"..Sorry.." Tiffany began. "My friend's a little...stubborn."

"You are too." Taeyeon sighs, leaning against the wall. "What is it, what do you want? I already saved you, leave me alone. I want nothing to do with you." Tiffany was confused. What had she done that made Taeyeon hate her so much? "I'm bad for you..I..I can't save you." Taeyeon's sobs were nearly muffled at the song playing in the background. Like the crying girl beside her, the song was bipolar and contradicting.

Please go away. I'm sorry. I hate you. I love you. I hate you. Forgive me. I need you.

"What are you talking about..?" Tiffany drops her voice. "You already did.." She steps forward, looking down at the teary eyed girl. She kneels down, and carefully, wraps her arm around the crying girl.

X X X

Taeyeon missed the girl's touch. No matter what, she couldn't push the girl away. Tiffany was always interested in her, regardless of what Taeyeon did or said. Her wounded words only hurt her. Is this karma coming back for her? For using her power for selfish reasons?

She knew the girl would try to come into her room. She was already prepared for it. That's why she hid in the closet. But she didn't expect Seohyun to find her in the closet..usually the girl would give up and they'd go away.

Was this timeline different? Taeyeon wished it was true. Was it safe to fall in love in this one?

Taeyeon just wanted to burst. She wanted to scream and hold Tiffany forever. She wanted to tell her everything and how scared she was.

But how would Tiffany react? She hadn't done it before, not that she ever planned to.

How would Tiffany Hwang react if she learned Taeyeon had the power to rewind time?

How would Tiffany Hwang react if she learned this wasn't the first time Taeyeon saved her?

How would Tiffany Hwang react if she learned Taeyeon constantly went back into the past just to save her?

How would..

Taeyeon groaned under Tiffany's embrace and pushed the girl away. Tiffany's eyes widened when she realized Taeyeon's nose was pouring blood. The girl had her head between her hands, as she quietly whimpered in pain.

"Taeyeon, are you--gosh, are you alright?" Tiffany jumped up, looking for tissues. Taeyeon had her right hand out as if she was reaching out for something. She dropped it a few seconds later, more blood coming out of her nose.

"I can't--I can't rewind.." Tiffany heard Taeyeon say, but she didn't understand it.

"What was that?" Tiffany heard some shouting outside. She turned her attention to window, realizing something was strange.

"It's.." The girl paused. "It's snowing?"

This was a very rare event. The last time it had snowed on their town was twenty years ago. It was nearly 80 degrees outside, how could it be--

"I told you to leave me alone." She whispered, closing her eyes as she began to lose unconsciousness. Taeyeon fell onto Tiffany's arms. The girl cried out for help while Seohyun burst into the room.

The two worked on getting Taeyeon to bed. Just in case, they called the school nurse and waited for her in Taeyeon's room.

Tiffany stared outside at the snowy miracle that was happening in their town.

And she watched a blue butterfly fly around.



 

Yaay! First chapter down. I apologize if it's a little confusing. Once this story is fully written out, you'll be rereading it and facepalming yourself over the smallest details.

So yes, this is a TaeNy x Life is Strange. Life is Strange is an AMAZING game and i'm a huge fan of it. Just so you can get an idea of what's going on -- Taeyeon has the ability to rewind time (only to a certain part) so while I won't spoil much, this isn't the first time they've met or the first time Taeyeon has saved Tiffany. There's a huge reason Taeyeon keeps pushing Tiffany away, so sign your permission slips cause we're going on a feels trip.

I don't think this fanfic will be very long but I hope you'll all continue to support me.

Please subscribe and upvote c: Thanks !