teaser two.

GEMINI x THE NEXT GENERATION + APPLY OPEN
 
teaser two
1 august 2014, 
sm hq trainee centre
"So pretty,"
 
Everything was so happy and glaringly bright. Even with the obvious lack of effort in the MV, everything simply looked so pretty to Siyoon. In yellow and pink, Red Velvet's debut stage shared resemblance to the living collage of their debut music video, happiness. The stage crew in charge had obviously went to great lengths to brighten the once-dull stages with the bright decorations that adorn the set.
 
Sporting dip-dyed hairs of vaious colours, bright make up and various outfits of red and white, they are b with a youthful energy as they danced around on stage. They were an well-oiled machine, and it was obvious as Seulgi effortlessly pulled off one dance move after another.
 
"They look like they will do well,"
 
She didn't want to think about it, but she thinks that they are probably right. Everyone knows that coming from SM ensures that success is guaranteed, whether or not they are worthy. A small part of her wants to think that they have been overhyped - but instantly, she feels bad. She spent the last few nights on Nate and Pann reading negative comments about their debut - and you can hear the sound of them clasping. They were sincere, and they were trying really hard. She thinks about their shy and tentative smiles; how their body is probably so full of pent-up energy that they can only smile through it. God, she even thinks about the slump that comes after an adrenaline rush.
 
Then she realizes that she isn't supposed to be thinking.
 
Jealousy, bitterness and regret: tidal waves of insecurity welled up inside Siyoon as she watched the live stage and hears the comments from the staff members. They complimented them so much, her gut stirred. Each wave was obviously stronger and harder than the last, and they backed her mentally into a corner. Nostalgic and poisonous, these feelings wrapped around her tightly.
 
when will it be my turn?
 
Siyoon thought she was a stronger person: she thought that she should be stronger than this, at the very least. She thought many things, really. She thought that years of dancing and singing as she confined herself in four walls of concrete would be enough to toughen her up, or ar least prove a point.
 
She thought that the line between her and her fellow trainees were imaginary: the five of them, red velvet and her had trained together after all. She had seen them at their ugliest; seen the fights and seen the crying. She might not have been Seulgi, but she didn't think she was that bad. After all, she had one of the longest training years amongst trainees, and they often looked at her in awe.
 
But obviously, their opinions didn't matter; she knew better now.
 
Her confidence had slowly shrunk as they finish their stage with the grace only a polished girl group can have. As they strike their ending pose, she feels her confidence deflating quickly like a balloon popped up with a needle. In front of the television set broadcasting her friends' debut with unabashed unhappiness, Siyoon was no longer the talk among the trainees. In front of the TV set, Siyoon was no more than a jealous trainee impatiently waiting for a well-deserved debut.
 
author's notes
 
now playing:
red velvet ft taeyong
be natural
 
eun says: I wrote this half asleep, can you tell?? So anyway, this is the teaser for coldice's character, Siyoon. Individual teasers are something that I wanna try and do because there isn't much I can do to show that I am serious about writing this and this is really just a thank you gift for sticking around and all. I hope I did justice to coldice's character and also helped to shed some light on the trainee system ((this was also really overdue by the way this was supposed to be out like a week ago )) hopefully i can push one or two out every day and just let me know what you think okay because teaser ideas would be really cool and stuff.