cheatsheet.

GEMINI x THE NEXT GENERATION + APPLY OPEN
 
cheatsheet
 the story  Coming the year 2016, Girls Generation will finally be 8 years old. As they start to mature into women, SM is worried that they might not be able to recreate the success of Girls Generation. The story will be about the next generation of Girls Generation, all personally groomed and trained by the original members of Girls Generation. (is that confusing tho if you have any questions feel free to ask me)
 
 the basics  The age range of the girls are tentatively between 1990 to 1998. This doesn't mean that the oldest girls must be a 90-liner; its just the oldest applicant I would be accepting. The same goes for the youngest girl. Koreans are definitely preferred, even though I am open to the idea of a chinese or Japanese character. Execise common sense in making multi-ethnic characters tho, because SM mostly releases Korean/chinese artists. ( I'm actually open to all ethnicities, as long as they are reasonable and/or make sense)
 
Love interests and rivals are optional, but I get that love interests just makes our tiny fangirl hearts all gooey and . So if that is what you want, go for it!!
 
Eun wouldn't be claiming a spot in the story, but Ari will be. Many apologies in advance if anything you had in mind was taken.
 
 faceclaims  You have freedom over whoever you want to use, mostly. Idols, models, ulzzangs and actressed are all welcomed (though I am a er for gifs if you know where I am getting w this). Also, try not to use idols from SM entertainment as well, for obvious reasons. Try to think about the concept that SM has in mind for these girls - because it will be similar to what they had in mind for Girls Generation when they first started out. 
 
 the mentorship  SM entertainment has been working to pair different sets of trainees with the nine - or now, eight girls in Girls Generation. Gemini is a project that SM entertainment has been working on for close to about 4 years now. Some of the girls might have met their mentors for a long time, but there are some that have only barely started training with their mentors. 
 
There are many fan speculation that Red Velvet is like an improved version of f(x). In the same way, Gemini would be the new and improved version of SNSD. The girls don't have to be exactly like their mentors and ultimately SM doesn't want to create another Girls Generation. They are just building a girl group from the ground up - with assistance from the biggest names they have ever made. They probably will try not to make the same mistakes they made with Girls Generation, but they will probably new mistakes as well.
 
The trainees selected will spend a big bulk of time with one another, as per with every group of trainees awaiting their debut. Tentatively, they will know what their positions are though they don't know for sure. Their mentors will drop by as and when they are free, and whether or not they are committed to this group. Some of the girls will be subjected to some hardcore, rigorous, specialized training (the main vocals & dance) while the other girls might not be sure what exactly they are doing with their mentors.
 
I already have some idea of the SNSD members, but I am going to leave the personality and interactions between the girls and SNSD to you.
 
 the positions  The positions in the group are tentative, and will be a lot moe flexible than in the other applyfics that I have seen. You get to tell which position your character should have in the group - they just have to be based off SNSD's talent specialty. For instance, someone Taeyeon mentors is very unlikely to be the main dancer for very obvious reasons (pss she's the main vocalist). At the same time, Yoona's successor doesn't necessarily have to be a completely bad singer as well.
 
Misc positions such as face of the group, visual and maknae would be chosen after taking into account the chosen applicants. The same goes for the leader position. My point is, the positions are not set with the members.
 
*hover over for positions
 collaborations  collaborations are somewhat encouraged, purely because this applyfic is going to be shaped by all of us: me and ari, the eight future chosen applicants and anyone that chooses to support the story as a reader. So while plagarism is definitely not cool (and we are all cool people here), it would definitely be awesome if we could remove any future potential prejudices and just work together in good spirit. 
 
taken by ari
🌿 hwang minhyun from nu'est as a love interest
🌿 actress claudia kim and lee joo-yeon as face claims
🌿 jessica jung as a mentor
🌿 main vocalist position taken
🌿 sophia pae and jimin park as a singing twins
🌿 kang ji-hyun and park dasom as dancing twins
🌿 claudia kim and lee joo-yeon as talking twins
 
brwnie points
a neat app with lots of pretty gifs and all that cute stuff because i am a hoe like this. 
 
playing to both your and my advantage, i would very much prefer mainstream idols ( mainly rookies like lovelyz and twice because i mainstream trash ).
 
girls generation and your applicant are going to play an important role in gemini. take time out to flesh their personalities and interactions. as it is optional to flesh the girls out, i really want to see the SNSD girls having a legit personality & interaction beyond the standard. Ultimately, variety and details are important and i really want to see that.
 
dark issues in the idol industry is something that I hope i have the chance to touch on as an author, purely because this is why i find kpop so fascinating. You don't have to do this however, if you don't want to. If you intend to, try to exercise sensitivity and kindness. i mean issues like sponsorships and all.