Surprise, Chapter 2

The Beast Inside

SCARLET POV

I looked outside to see the sun starting to set. I walked out of my room and down the noncolorful stairway to my living room. I looked around to see my mom on the couch trying to take a nap.

"Mom, I am going out,"I said and headed for the back door not waiting to see if she was going to if it was okay or not.

I walked out of the house slamming the door behind me. I looked around the street I live on and started walking down the streets that lead to the outskirts near the woods. Once I got to the outskirts of town I looked around to see if anybody was near, nope. I quickly ran into the woods.

"Now I just have to remember where we are meeting..."I mumbled and mentally cursed myself for forgetting each and every time.

I followed a small path trying to remember where I was supposed to be going. Everything I looked at seemed unformaliar to me as always. I sighed and continued walking. Eventually I remembered where I was supposed to be going. I continued walking until I found myself where I was suppose to be, the big tree in the middle of the woods.

I am actually the first one here for once!

I stood around the tree for awhile until I got bored and chose to sit on the ground near. I looked up at the sky and noticed how all the branches and leaves his the sky. It looked kind of pretty how only some of the sky was shown.

"You are the first one here?"I looked up to my boyfriend, his brother Key, and some of his other family members.

"I don't like that she was the first one here,"Jonghyun's father spoke out loudly.

I rolled my eyes,"Whatever, let's get this started."

All of us looked around to make sure no one else other then us were there. Once we were sure it was just us we all transformed to our wolf form. 

I looked at everyone else's wolf form and then at my own, I looked so small and weak compared to the others. Stupid small build! I mentally cursed myself again.

I looked up from the ground under my paws to see Jonghyun by his parents, they were the alphas of their pack. I'm not a part of their pack, I am not a part of any pack since my parents left the pack they were a part of. I think that is one of the reasons Jonghyun's parents dislike me.

We all sat around in our wolf forms until it was dark enough that the full moon could be seen. Once it was that time Jonghyun, Key, his father Doosuk, and his mother Jimin went to the front of the group as we ran to the clif that was near the end of the woods. When we all got to the clif Jong and his family sat towards the end of it while I sat at the back of the group since I was pretty much the outcast. 

We all howled at the moon together at once. We howled a few more times and I was sure that almost everyone in town was able to hear us. Once that was done we broke so there was a path in the middle to allow the alphas through. The rest of us followed behind them until we were back into the now black woods.

"It is hunting time. Break into your groups!"Doosuk yelled.

Everyone did as they were ordered except for me, I had no one. They all headed off in their teams while I went off by myself. 

JONGHYUN POV

I looked back to see everyone in their predetermined groups and then saw Scarlet by herself. My Scarlet is always by herself when it came to these kinds of things, but there was nothing I could do about it.

"Get your head in the game!"my father yelled at me. "You shouldn't even care about that....mistake."

My head instantly turned towards my father,"Do NOT talk about my girlfriend like that!"

My father looked back at me, his usually brown eyes are now black with anger,"You shouldn't even be dating that girl since I will never allow her to be your mate."

I could hear the venom in my father's voice when he said.

"Honey, be nice,"my mother said to my father.

SCARLET POV (sorry for switching back and forth)

I looked up at the trees that seemed so much taller compared to me now. I continued looking around until I heard movement. I push my body closer to the ground and listened for more of the noise. The movement slowly got closer and closer until it all of a sudden stopped.

I looked around to see what was the cause of the noise. I looked to the right, nothing. I then looked to the left, nope. I looked straight, only a bush. I looked up to see bright red eyes, vampire? Slowly I saw a smile creep into the creatures face and I started backing away. The creature jumped from the tree and landed in front of my shaking figure.

"Well well...Look what we got here. A little lost puppy dog,"I heard hatred in the man's voice, definitely a vampire. It was a voice I had never heard before. 

"You look afraid,"a smile appeared again showing the fangs.

I growled lowly trying to show that I wasn't afraid even though I was actually terrified. I had never met a vampire in this situation before. 

The vampire came closer to me and I crouched in attack position. The vampire only laughed and came closer. I launched and tried to bite his arm, it didn't work. I was picked up with great strength.

I growled in pain and tried to bite the hand that was holding me.

"I am afraid that won't work,"the man smiled evily.

I howled loudly hoping that someone would hear and rescue me from the vampire. Soon two other wolves appeared jumping over the bush I was in front of a few moments ago. It was Jonghyun and Key.

"Let her go!"Jonghyun growled. 

The vampire laughed,"Then make me tough guy."

Jonghyun launched towards the vampire and bit his leg causing some blood to ooze out from the wound. The man kicked Jonghyun off of him. Jonghyun whimpered when he hit a trunk of a tree. Key was the next one to jump at him and tried biting him with no avail. The next time Jonghyun and Key attacked him together causing the man to drop me and whimper at the pain I just experienced.

"Thank you..." I coughed out.

Hello my wonderful people! This chapter was definitely better then the first chapter! Don't worry soon you will get to find out who the vampire is if any of you really want to know who it is. I hope you enjoyed this more action packed chapter. Bye for now!