4TH CHAPTER

TOGETHER

Jiyong’s phone vibrating so bad which indicates that the morning is here, another day. Daesung with eyes still close keeps on looking for that phone so that he can throw it away. He hates this, each time he slept with Jiyong, this thing will happened. Someone else who will wakes up because of the alarm, and not the one who set it. With one eye opens, Daesung lazily looks beside him and turns out it’s not Jiyong but Seungri who is sleeping beside him. How they switch?

 

“Hyung!! Your phone!! Shut it down!” scream Daesung and no one on the bed respond to Daesung’s loud voice. Jiyong and Seungri continue sleeping like nothing happen and snuggles together even more. Kyaaa.. I totally hate this. Daesung trying so hard to get up and try to find that damn phone. He ends up found it between Seungri and Jiyong, where he needs to separate them first to get the phone. Once he gets the phone, his eyes turn wide open as the phone screen shows 10.30am in the morning. He has class. He has discussion and now he is damn late! Who the hell snoozes that alarm till now? He quickly gets up on the bed and when he ready to sprint to his room, he hears Jiyong’s sleepy voice.

“Daesung-ah, where are are you going, it’s Saturday,” Jiyong said while tightening his hug with Seungri.

 

“Saturday? No, it’s Friday hyung,”

“Saturday, Daesung-ah,”

“Friday, hyung,”

 

Jiyong started to get annoyed with Daesung, so he straights away takes one pillow on the bed and throws it to Daesung, hard.

 

“Kyaaa!! Can’t you listen to me for once Daesung! It’s freaking Saturday, and you, get back here and sleep,” Jiyong scolds with his eyes close. Seungri starts to move slightly, feeling disturbs he put his head under the pillow, covering his ears from the noise his hyungs made.

 

Daesung just stands there and his brain is struggles to remember what day is today.

He then goes to his room to find his handphone and then he checks the day, and yes! It’s FREAKING SATURDAY! He throws his handphone straights away on the bed and running to Seungri’s room to continue sleeping but then he stops at the door, something hits his brain. Did I clean up the kitchen last night? I did right. Yes, I did. He walks slowly to Seungri’s bed but keeps on contemplating whether he did clean up the kitchen last night or not. He ends up turn his way out of the room and heading downstairs to the kitchen. When he reached there, he smiles brightly “Yes, I did clean up everything last night. Good job, Daesung-ah” he tells himself proudly. When he wants to turn around to go upstairs, he stops for awhile. His view stops at a briefcase and a coat on the dining table. He walks to the dining table and stares at both things before him. These belong to Seunghyun hyung. How these two things get here? It’s Saturday, and Seunghyun hyung always goes to office or meets client on this day. He accidentally left it here or what? Daesung then walks to the large glass window in front near the living room to checks out whether Seunghyun’s car is there or not. There, he sees Seunghyun’s car is park in their big yard besides Jiyong’s car. Kyaaa… Miracle before his eyes. Seunghyun hyung is at home. Daesung scratch his head unknowingly thinking that it’s been awhile that Seunghyun spend his weekend at home. What should I do? I think I should cook for breakfast. Yes. Daesung first goes to the kitchen, checking the fridge. Korean breakfast? English breakfast? Which one? Oh my god. He takes out everything that is inside the fridge and at the same time he looks at those plates and glasses at the rack dishwasher near the sink. I usually won’t put those plates and glasses like that. Actually, did I or did I not clean up this kitchen last night? Kyaa.. I hate this short-term memory lost moment. After Taeyang hyung left, I went in here. Yes, I went in here, but did I clean up? 

Daesung then turns to Seunghyun’s briefcase and coat. He stares at it for awhile and few seconds later he bites his lip. ! I DIDN’T CLEAN UP YESTERDAY! I WENT STRAIGHT TO BATHROOM AND SHOWER! ! ! Did Seunghyun hyung the one who clean everything? ! Aaarrggghhh! If Jiyong hyung knows this, I’ll die. Then, suddenly he hears.

 

“Daesung-ah, what are you doing in the kitchen?” Jiyong’s said with his croaks voice and sleepily walks downstairs heading to kitchen. He found Daesung is not on the bed just now and was wondering did Daesung really go to his college for classes.

 

“Errr hyung, I’m thinking to cook for us breakfast because I’m hungry and ….. Seunghyun hyung is at home,” Daesung with his fake bright reply.

 

Jiyong’s eyes wide open by hearing that his hyung is at home at time like this. He then did exactly like what Daesung did just now. He goes to the large glass window near the living room and found Seunghyun’s car is there. This is not normal. What time Seunghyun hyung came back last night? He must have come back late last night. Did he have his dinner last night? Jiyong decides to check out his hyung at his room and before he climbs the stairs, he sees Seunghyun’s briefcase and coat on the dining table.

 

“Is that Seunhyun hyung’s stuff?”

“Yes.. Yes, hyung,”

“Why is that here?”

“Err, I don’t know. I came here just now and saw his stuffs there,” Daesung started to get real nervous. ! Don’t ask. Just don’t ask.

 

Jiyong walks suspiciously to the dining table. Why hyung left it here? He must be having his dinner here last night and forgot to take his stuffs back to his room but, Seunghyun is not that careless person who will forget things like this. Seunghyun will not simply left his stuffs anywhere in the house and Jiyong knows him so well. Jiyong then looks at the kitchen and Daesung. He wonders why Daesung looks so nervous and didn’t move even an inch from where he’s standing just now. Something is wrong.

 

“It happened again, isn’t it?” Jiyong throws his dangerous stare at Daesung.

“Errr… What, hyung?” Daesung can sense Jiyong’s anger.

“Did you clean up the kitchen last night, Daesung-ah?”

Daesung really wants to wet his pants now listening to Jiyong’s high pitch voice. Even he is now a grown up man and even at the age of 23, yes, he must admits that he is still scared of his hyungs.

 

“Daesung-ah, I’m asking you. Did you really clean up the kitchen last night?” Jiyong starts to get real serious.

 

Daesung is in-charge of the kitchen matters, because they are not hiring any maid for the house except a part time one that comes every Monday to clean the entire house. Jiyong doesn’t let Seunghyun do anything in the house as he knows that his hyung is super tired every time he came back from work but this happened many times which the dongsaengs end up forgetting to clean up the mess they caused and the kitchen as well. Jiyong knows very well, if Seunghyun sees any mess, he himself will do the cleaning.

 

“Errr hyung, last night, I…,”

“He cleaned the kitchen last night, Jiyong” Seunghyun’s deep voice comes from upstairs.

 

There Seunghyun with his nice dark hair, in white shirt and black long pants holding his car keys walking downstairs and walks to Jiyong. He calmly takes his briefcase and coat from the dining table. No expression.

 

“Daesung-ah, can you do me favor?” said Seunghyun who looks at his dongsaeng who is now starts to gulp his saliva by hearing his name being called.

 

“Yess.. Yes, hyung,” said Daesung nervously. Haisy. This is not doing a favor, this is returning the favor.

 

“Could you please send my coat for dry cleaning?” asked Seunghyun.

“Of… Of course hyung. Sure, I will,” Daesung tries to smile.

“Hmm. Thank you.” This is not the first time I save you Daesung-ah. Then Seunghyun looks at Jiyong. He looks at him up and down. Jiyong with his few pajama, swollen face, blank expression and orange bright messy hair. Seunghyun tries not to smile and shakes his head.

 

“Jiyong, go shower or at least brush your teeth.” Seunghyun said simply, leaving his coat on the table, he takes his briefcase and walks off to the door.

“Hyung, where are you going? Let’s have breakfast at least. Daesung is going to make English breakfast,” said Jiyong. Daesung who is still not moving, suddenly frowning by hearing Jiyong’s simple blindly statement. Kyaaa this hyung!

 

“I can’t Jiyong-ah. I’m late for an appointment. Ask Daesung to cook for dinner, I’ll be home by 7pm.” tells Seunghyun who then straights away open the door and walks out but he suddenly stops and get back inside.

 

“Kyaa.. Who changed the password? Change it back,” instructs Seunghyun and then walks out of the house.

 

Jiyong looks at Daesung and laughs. “We didn’t change it back last night? Damn, how he managed to get inside?” Jiyong said while chuckling and walks to Daesung which at that time starts making breakfast. Korean breakfast.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Seunghyun parks his car in the Hangyang University Hospital’s parking area. He gets out from the car and walks into the hospital. I’m now late and there will be a long lecture on the importance of time management. He enters the elevator and press 12. When the elevator’s door open, Seunghyun walks out from the elevator and with his handphone, he presses his number 1 speed dial.

 

“Hello, Jong Suk-ah, I’m here. Yes, yes sorry. I know, so you want me to leave? You are chasing me away? Hahaha. Yes, I’m kidding. Yes, I’m coming now.” Seunghyun ends the call while smiling and he walks to meet the one he called just now.

 

Seunghyun stops at the door which has Dr. Lee Jong Suk’s name. When he wants to knock the door, someone hits his back.

 

“Now you are here when your appointment was actually last week. Good job Seunghyun-sshi,” scold Ms. Kim Hae Sook, the senior nurse in that floor.

“Ouch, ahjumma! You hit me too hard. It hurts,” Seunghyun said while fake a pain expression with his face and slightly bends down.

“Oh, Seunghyun-sshi. I’m so sorry. Hurry, tell me which part is hurt,” the nurse immediately rubbing his back with worried in her eyes. 

Can’t stand looking at the worry face of the nurse, Seunghyun quickly smiles and hug the nurse.

 

“I’m kidding, ahjumma,” tells Seunghyun smiling. The nurse just shaking her head and pinch Seunghyun’s cheek.

 

“I’m tired playing with you Seunghyun-sshi, now go in. Dr. Lee is not in a good mood. He is very mad at you for missing your appointment last week. Go now,” the nurse explains.

 

Seunghyun just nodded calmly and he turns the knob to enter the room and once he’s inside, he gets a shot of glare from the man who is clearly the one that the nurse mentions before.

 

“You don’t know how to knock?” asked Jong Suk seriously.

 

Seunghyun walks slowly to the chair in front of him and sit on it calmly. He doesn’t answer the question, as he knows there is no point arguing with that man. Silent is filling the room. The doctor continues working like Seunghyun is not there and things start to get a little bit annoying as Seunghyun starts to play with that man’s pendulum on the desk. The doctor finally stops his work and leaning on his chair.

 

“This time, what’s your excuse?” Lee Jong Suk starts the conversation and Seunghyun stops playing with the pendulum.

“I forgot,” Seunghyun answered simply.

“I called you so many times and it is impossible that you didn’t get any miscalls. You could have just call me back,”

“I forgot where I put my phone,”

“Bulls and you knew it,”

 

Finally, Seunghyun doesn’t respond to that statement because Jong Suk is right. He talked bulls just now and he can’t pretend or faking any excuses with this guy in front him. Lee Jong Suk has been friends with him for 5 years now. No way in hell, he can hide anything from this guy. He’s not just his best friend but also his personal doctor. A heart specialist, he must say.

 

“Hyun-ah, you know what. This time you really start getting on my nerves. How many times should I tell you, DON’T MISS ANY APPOINTMENT! By this time, you should stop doing all the works and get admitted here you know! I need to monitor your health from time to time. You have a heart disease Hyun-ah, not flu that if I give you some meds, you will get better the next day. Your condition right now may lead to heart failure, and you know this very well!” Jong Suk with his damn serious face stares at Seunghyun who is right now just keeping in silent. Jong Suk waits for his reply but Seunghyun just keep quiet. Haisy. What is he going to do with this guy?

“Have you taken your meds on time?” asked Jong Suk.

“Kind of,” Seunghyun reply slowly.

“You want to kill yourself or what?”

 Seunghyun is quiet again. Jong Suk just sighs.

 

“Any shortness of breath? Chest pain? Sweats a lot? Your head hurts?”

“All of the above.” Seunghyun’s simple answer.

 

Jong Suk just stares at the man in front of him. Haisy. This guy is over worked again.

 

“Let’s check you up,” said Jong Suk who finally gets up from his chair. Seunghyun gets up as well and follow Jong Suk to another room.

 

After more than one hour check-up, they finally come back to the room as Jong Suk sits on his chair while looking at Seunghyun’ graph, and Seunghyun is buttoning his shirt, waiting for Jong Suk to speak.

 

 

“Let’s have you admit tomorrow,” Jong Suk speaks up.

“Nope,” Seunghyun answered while sit cross legged with so damn serious expression. Everyone is serious right now. No jokes.

 

“You will have to listen to me now. Let’s have you admit tomorrow. Go home and pack your stuff,” Jong Suk replies.

 

“Nope,” Seunghyun still firms with his decision.

 

Jong Suk put down the graph and leans on his chair.

 

“When do you plan to tell your dongsaengs about this?”

 

Seunghyun just keep quiet at this question. This is not the first time Jong Suk asking this.

 

“When Hyun? Do you want to tell them yourself or let me do it for you?”

“Don’t you dare,” Seunghyun shots a firm glare to Jong Suk.

 

“Hyun, let me be frank now. I’ve explained this to you so many times and now let me refresh your mind in case you forget. Your heart’s valves are damaged, Hyun-ah. It doesn’t close properly and you have infections connective tissue disorders, therefore, this worsened the case. Right now, your heart’s muscle is becoming weak and slowly unable to adequately pump the blood around your body. You can’t be working now Hyun-ah. You need to rest. I don’t want you to have heart failure, and by that time, it will start affecting other organs because of lack of blood and oxygen. Your dongsaengs have the right to know about your condition, they need to know…. They need to know that you, are running out of time.” Jong Suk explains while observing Seunghyun’s respond.

“Not now, Jong Suk-ah. Not now. I can’t.” Seunghyun replies and his voice start shaking. Now, each and everyone’s face starts to flood Seunghyun’s mind. Jiyong, Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri. Their faces keep flooding his mind. Not now.

 

Jong Suk can read Seunghyun’s expression. He knows what Seunghyun is thinking.

 

“Fine. Let’s do this. Let’s just tell one person. Someone in the house needs to know. Just one person Hyun-ah.” suggest Jong Suk.

 

Seunghyun shuts his eyes. The secret that he holds for years now is coming to end. Who should I tell this to? Jiyong? I’ve burdened him enough.

Silent filling the air till finally Jong Suk speaks.

 

“Hyun, just one person will do. It's time.”