11TH CHAPTER

TOGETHER

Jiyong over slept again. He is rushing to wear his shirts and rushing to comb his hair. Lately, he always over slept as he always going to bed late at night. He is quite occupied with certain paperwork from the office, few Seunghyun’s projects that he just took over, and he needs to follow Seunghyun for so many site visits. Jiyong is exposed further in handling the company and Seunghyun had taught him about many things and because of that, day by day Jiyong is more confident in handling things without Seunghyun’s direct supervision.

The role has changed. For the last few weeks, Jiyong will be the one who always come back home late and Seunghyun will already be at home around 5pm but Seunghyun makes a limit for Jiyong as he must be at home around 730pm. Later than that, Seunghyun and the dongsaengs will come straight to office to pick him up and that already happened twice. As things changed, it already became a routine for them. If Seungri come home and he didn’t see his eldest hyung, he will straightly call him and asked about his whereabouts. Seungri is totally spoiled by Seunghyun and now it’s Jiyong’s turn to be annoyed with that. As for cookings, Daesung already downgraded to chef assistant as everyone in the house including him favors foods made by Seunghyun himself.

Jiyong finally picking up his briefcase and walks out of his room and finds no one in the house as Seunghyun must already left for office, Daesung already went to his class and Seungri must have left for schools. When Jiyong walks down the stairs, he quite shocked seeing a maid is wiping the big glass window near the living room but he choose to ignore her. Why she came so early? Jiyong just walks straightly to dining table and as usual, there is already breakfast left for him. Seunghyun hyung must be in hurry. Just toast, scramble egg, sausage, ahhh what is this? Black coffee? Haisy. Jiyong just sits and pour his coffee to his cup. He then snaps a picture of his breakfast and sends it to Seunghyun with caption “What is this?”

Few seconds later a text came in and obviously it from his hyung.

“Just eat it! What is the time now that you are still leisurely at home eating breakfast?”

Jiyong chuckles at that text as he eats his toast and he replied the text afterwards.

“You didn’t wake me up! Don’t blame me. Breakfast is important, I can’t skip that,” Jiyong is smiling like a kid while typing his text. His hyung will be furious.

“I ENTERED YOUR ROOM THIS MORNING AND TRY TO WAKE YOU UP BUT YOU HIT ME WITH YOUR PILLOW, REMEMBER?”

Jiyong’s eyes widened reading the text and he tries his best to remember that incident but unfortunately he can’t recall a bit.

“I don’t remember hyung. Try harder next time,” Jiyong is giggling. This is fun, picking a childish fight with Seunghyun as he noticed that his hyung lately is having a habit of nagging at them. It is a bit weird seeing Seunghyun nagging at them, scolds them like they are still kids but Jiyong thinks that is a funny kind of weirdness and the dongsaengs are happy with that habit.

Jiyong finally turn to look at the maid weirdly. Why is she keeps on wiping at the same area? She doesn’t move much. His thought is interrupted with a text sound coming from Seunghyun. Jiyong looks at his phone back.

“Shut up! Just finish your foods and come to office immediately. I need to go somewhere else,”

“Where do you want to go?”

“Not your business,”

“We are running the same business hyung. Your business is my business,”

“Can you stop it? I’ll slap you if I meet you,”

Jiyong finally lets out a laugh reading the text. His hyung’s temper is really funny.

“Do you have someone else?” a sudden voice comes out from Jiyong’s back.

Jiyong is startled by that sudden interruption and quickly turn around. The maid that is wiping the big glass window is now standing behind him, leaning at the cabinet with folding arms. Not to forget, with a deathly serious expression. Damn! This is not his maid. This is his girlfriend dressing as a maid! Da Ra is here in his freaking house!

“What in the world are you…” Jiyong stops at his trailed of words when Da Ra suddenly moves to his side with anger at her face.

“Don’t you dare snapping at me when you are here happily giggling; laughing and smiling with your damn phone and only God knows which girls are you texting! You didn’t call me for weeks! You sent me short texts! You hardly come to meet me! DO YOU HAVE SOME ONE ELSE JIYONG!! Are you kidding me! Left me hanging for about a month! I’M FREAKIINGGG MISSING YOU!!! You know that?! I miss you so bad! You said you were busy and now here you are waking up late, eating breakfast leisurely and freaking texting someone happily like you are in love! Do you know what’s having been playing through my mind for these last few weeks?? You know? I thought that you don’t love me anymore! You don’t love me anymore right! If you want to leave me, tell me! At least I can leave you first!!” Da Ra who is shouting at first, suddenly in tears sobbing sadly like a kid in front of the blank Jiyong with his mouth gaping looking up straight at his girlfriend.

Jiyong slowly close his mouth and biting his lips to hold in the laughter that suddenly came out by seeing his crying girlfriend. Damn! I really miss her!

“You stop it! I know you want to laugh! Stop it! You love seeing me crying isn’t you? Do you have someone else Jiyong-ah!” Da Ra seriously can’t stop herself from crying and this made Jiyong can’t hold in his laughter anymore seeing his girlfriend in a maid uniform and crying like a kid. What a way to start my day!

Jiyong finally stands up and pulls Da Ra into his hug. He hugs her and pat her back like soothing a crying child while murmurs “shhh shhh shhh” at her slowly. He stills biting his lips to control himself from laughing further as he can’t help braining the fact that Da Ra is in his house, pretending as a maid just to meet him.

“Shh Shhh, stop crying baby. Stop.. I’m here now, I’m here. I’m so sorry I didn’t call you or text you. I’m wrong definitely wrong.. Shh Shh.. I miss you too,” Jiyong tries to wheedle her from crying.

Da Ra pushes Jiyong and breaking the hug.

“Liar! You don’t miss me even once! If not, I won’t be here in your house, acting as a maid just to get in here and meet you! What do you think you are doing to me?” Da Ra hits Jiyong’s chest with a teary eyes.

Jiyong stops her by holding her hands and back pulling her into his embrace. He kisses her head and hugs her tightly. He caress her hairs like he always did and he lost of words because this is obviously his fault. He couldn’t say anything in return to back up his wrongful actions. They keep on hugging each other without uttering a word and Da Ra’s cry slowly turn down. She’s just hugging her boyfriend, resting her head at his chest. She found peace there. She misses him and he can’t blame her for that.

“Where have you been, Ji,” Da Ra finally speaks softly like she always did before.

“I’m just busy, jagi,” Jiyong answers softly, his tone that he always uses to Da Ra only.

“Busy doing what?”

“I’m taking over Seunghyun’s hyung works, that’s why,”

“Why are you taking over his works?”

“Hmm.. I guess he is too tired and wants to rest for awhile?”

“Pffft!! He is just 30 and sounds like he is 50,”

“You know he has been working so hard before this right?”

“Yea, I know. He deserves a rest; I almost thought that he was a super human before this. Working nonstop,”

“There you know it too,”

“Then now, are you going to be like him too?” Da Ra finally lifts her head to look at Jiyong in his eyes. Jiyong smiles at her and shakes his head.

“No, I’m not but now, the beginning is always the hardest. I need to learn many things that are why I have been so busy. I need to keep with his pace at the moment. I’m so sorry Da Ra. I shouldn’t leave you like that. I’m wrong and no excuse for that. Please forgives me,” Jiyong said to her sincerely.

“You don’t have someone else, right?” Da Ra asks again, just to make sure. Jiyong chuckles at her and shakes his head.

“I only have you,” Jiyong whispers to her and kiss her forehead.

“Then, who were you texting just now? I saw you smiling and laughing,” Da Ra pouts.

Jiyong smiles and release his hug and moves to take his phone on the table. He open the text message and show it to Da Ra.

Da Ra’s eyes widened at reading the texts and she looks back at Jiyong who already sits back and drinks his coffee.

“Seunghyun oppa!? He could text like this?” Da Ra with total shock is waiting for Jiyong to answer her.

Jiyong just smiles and nodded his head.

“Weird, but a good weird isn’t it?” Jiyong said. Da Ra finally pulls the chair and read the text back.

“He’s changed! Like so much!”

“Yeap and we are very happy for that,”

Da Ra gives the phone back to Jiyong but there’s a slight concern in her eyes, Jiyong noticed that.

“Is Taeyang oppa knows this?” Da Ra asked as she already knows what happened within the family. She already met with Taeyang many times since she was still in university with Jiyong.

“He knows but he doesn’t care. Taeyang hyung is holding a concert next week, but only three of us are invited, not Seunghyun hyung,” Jiyong’s expression is not that bright anymore.

He tells her about his meeting with Taeyang that last few weeks and he tells her that he already tries to meet him again but Taeyang refused. Taeyang already knows what Jiyong wants to talk about and he has been giving excuses not to meet him till the concert day.

“A deep wound won’t be easily healed, Ji. You know that right,” Da Ra said. Jiyong can’t deny that too and he just nodded.

“But he said hurtful things to Seunghyun hyung too,” Jiyong said.

“It is going to take time,”

“5 years. 5 years we have been apart and it still not enough?”

Da Ra just sighs at that question and she gets up, moves to Jiyong. She hugs him lovingly like a mother consoling her son.

“A family is still a family no matter what. He will come back, trust me,” Da Ra said softly and staring down at her man. He hugs her back.

 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

A quiet space, too quiet for anyone and only the sounds of pendulum moving can be heard in that room. There, sitting two young men facing each other, one with weird expression looking at the young man before him and another with blank expression just quietly playing with the pendulum in front of him, killing his boredom.


“Today is not your appointment, you know that right?” Jong Suk starts to speak.

“Hmmm..” Seunghyun replies.

“You coming here too often and that is so not like you,”

“So?”

“Why are you here?”

“To check up on you,”

“Why is that so?”

“To see how you are doing,”

“I’m fine.”

“Good,” Seunghyun replies while still playing with the pendulum. Jong Suk is sick of Seunghyun’s weirdness. He takes the pendulum and moves it away to his side table.

“What do you want?” Jong Suk suddenly asks.

“Nothing,” Seunghyun said and now he is playing with his hand, looking at it for no reason.

“Then?”

“Nothing,”

Jong Suk sighs at that situation. He thinks he can guess what Seunghyun wants at that moment but he hardly believes with what he is thinking right now. No way. Seunghyun has been coming to hospital too often and this making things look weird as he knows how Seunghyun hates hospital. He never skips his appointment even once and he looks just fine lately. Should I say it or not? Jong Suk looks at Seunghyun who doesn’t say anything but looking at his hands only. At least, let’s give it a try, should I? If the respond is negative then it’s fine and if it’s positive, then doom!!

“Eun Hye is not here today,” Jong Suk said suddenly.

Seunghyun finally lifts his head at that sudden statement and looks directly at Jong Suk.

!

Jong Suk closes his eyes. Positive. Doomed!

Seunghyun just realize his reaction is a bit too obvious, oh not a bit, but too obvious. He coughed a bit to clear his throat, and he is back looking at his hands.

“I didn’t ask anything,” Seunghyun said slowly, realizing that his words mean nothing to Jong Suk. He knows how ed up the situation is now.

“Hyun-ah,” Jong Suk said to his same aged best friend. “You can’t lie to me you know that right?”

Seunghyun closes his eyes. He knows that he always come to the hospital lately and at first he came just to return the dress to Eun Hye as he already sent the dress for cleaning before. He initially came, just for that.

Flashback

“Ahjumma,” Seunghyun calls Nurse Kim Hae Sook as soon as he sees her at the counter once he walks out from the elevator. The nurse turns her head to him and smiles.

“Seunghyun-shi, you came? Why? As far as I remember today is not your appointment,” she asked with concerns.

“No, ahjumma. Err... I’m running some errands. How are you anyway?”

“I’m great. What errands?”

The nurse looked at him weirdly as she can sees Seunghyun’s sudden nervous expression, then she looks at the paper bag that he is holding at that time. Thank god the paper bag is sealed so, she can’t get to see what’s inside the bag.

“You want to meet Dr. Lee?” she asked.

“Err.. Yes, yes, I want to meet him,” Seunghyun answered. WHY THE HELL I LIED TO HER?

“Oh, Seunghyun-shi, Dr. Lee is currently attending a surgery, he might be late. Didn’t he inform you first?” the nurse asked him back.

“Oh really? No! No.. He didn’t say anything before. It’s okay, ahjumma. I can just go back first and come again tomorrow. I’ll tell him that,” Seunghyun said.

“Are you sure? Just give me that bag; I’ll give it to him,”

“No! No! No.. Sorry.. Hmm.. I want to give this to him myself. It’s okay,”

“Oh okay, Seunghyun-shi,”

Seunghyun then just greet her nicely and went back to the elevator. What the hell I was thinking! I lied? For what? What should I lie? I just can gives this to her and ask her to give it to Eun Hye. What’s the point of wanting to give this to her myself? What are you thinking Seunghyun!

When he is still contemplating in his mind, the elevator finally open and he moves to get in but his steps stop, seeing the person who he wants to meet the most, Eun Hye was standing in front of him with wide eyes.

What the hell is he doing here? Why is he here now? Why? Eun Hye’s eyes turn to look at the paper bag. Oh no! Is that my dress in there? Is he here to return my dress? Please, say no!

“Eun Hye-shi?”

“Seunghyun-shi?”

The door suddenly wants to close and Seunghyun immediately moves inside the elevator to avoid the door. Now, only two of them are inside the elevator. The surrounding turns quiet. Seunghyun holds the paper bag tightly like his life is depending on it. Her dress is in my hand and she is in front of me. What the hell Seunghyun? Said something!

“Errr.. What are you doing here? Check-up?” Eun Hye opens first. Avoiding the awkwardness.

Seunghyun is squeezing his head thinking of what he wants to say. He is contemplating again.

Eun Hye just looks at him, waiting for answers. Please not to return the dress. Please not to return the dress. Please not to return the dress. Not the dress. Not the dress.

Eun Hye doesn’t know why is she wishing that way but that’s her only wish for now.

“To meet Jong Suk.. Errr.. Because.. I need to gives him something,” Seunghyun finally speaks.

“Oh!”and both of them released a sigh of relief at the same time, They both realized that but they choose to ignore it.

“Oh, we didn’t press any floor button,” Seunghyun said and he turns to Eun Hye at his side. “Which floor?” he asked her.

“Down… Ground floor,” What the hell, I want to go to 12th floor just now.

“Okay, same.” Seunghyun said.

“Hmm.. Are you going back?”Eun Hye suddenly asked.

“Hmm.. Yeah. Well, Jong Suk is doing a surgery and I might as well go back first,” Seunghyun replies with a smile.

“Oh.. You want to give him that?” Eun Hye asked while pointing at the paper bag, “You can give it to me and I’ll pass it to him.

Seunghyun with his wide eyes pull the bag to his back and shakes his head. “No, it’s okay. I’ll just give it to him later,”

Eun Hye just nods. They finally arrived at ground floor. They walked out from the elevator. Seunghyun just walked to the entrance and Eun Hye is thinking hard where she should go, but finally….

“Err.. Seunghyun-shi… Care to have a drink with me?” Eun Hye finally spit it out.

Seunghyun turn around to look at her and finally he smiles. “Why not?”he replied.

End of flashback

That drinking time becomes a small routine for them, as Seunghyun will come randomly to the hospital at any time, making excuses to meet Jong Suk and ends up meeting Eun Hye for a drink in the hospital café. Both of them talks about many things, shares a lot of things but Eun Hye is the one who shares a lot about herself to Seunghyun. Seunghyun likes her company, that’s why he always came to meet her. Never once they brought up about the dress. Never.  There were few times, Jong Suk will come across them sitting in the garden near the café, sitting on the bench, talking and having a drink together but Jong Suk never says anything. He waits for Seunghyun to tell him about it.

Now, they are sitting in Jong Suk’s room, facing each other and it’s time to come clean.

“Hyun-ah, you can’t lie to me, you know that right?” Jong Suk speaks.

Seunghyun just keeps quiet. “Don’t misunderstand me. I am not in a relationship with her,” Seunghyun finally speaks.

“I didn’t say anything about relationship,” Jong Suk trapped him.

“Stop it. I know where this conversation is going,”

“Hyun-ah, if there is anything that you feel like you want to tell me, just tell me. I won’t stop you from making any friends. Why should I? But this one. This one is my concern, because once you fall, there is no turning back,” Jong Suk explained.

“We are just friends, Jong Suk-ah,”

“Alright, I don’t mind. Do as what you like, but just take care of yourself okay,” Jong Suk said and suddenly there is a knock at his door, and both of them turn to look at the door which revealed the person that they are talking about. Eun Hye.

“Oh! Am I interrupting,” Eun Hye asked to both of them. Seunghyun looks at her and he looks back at Jong Suk and throwing Jong Suk a “You Lie!” look.

Jong Suk controls himself not to let out a laugh seeing Seunghyun that angry to him.

“No, Eun Hye. We just talked about you, sit,” Jong Suk said innocently and Seunghyun’s eyes turn wide hearing that bold statement from his best friend.

“Me? Why?” Eun Hye asked with shock and she sits anyway.

“Seunghyun is looking for you,” Jong Suk said it without fear and Eun Hye turns to her side looking at Seunghyun.

Seunghyun ends up looking at Eun Hye and smirk.

“Let’s have a drink,”

Eun Hye straightly chuckles and nodded at him which makes Seunghyun can’t help himself but to smile at her in return. Jong Suk just watch them with a heavy heart as he knows exactly where is this thing is going. Do they realize that they are obviously falling for each other?

They chose to have a drink in a café outside the hospital today as Eun Hye just finishes doing a surgery that last for about 10 hours that day so she can go home and rest. Seunghyun offered to send her back but she refused and wanted to have a drink with him first. They chose a table for two persons near a glass wall which they can see the road at the outside. They end up ordered 2 orange juices for themselves and laughed at each other for that common choice.

“You are not tired, Eun Hye?” Seunghyun asked as they are waiting for their orders.

“Of course I’m tired but I want to hang out with you first, catching up. How are you doing? Office?” Eun Hye asked.

“Nothing much, I handed over half of my works to Jiyong and I can see that he can handle everything so well. No need for my guides anymore. Fast learner he is,”

“Oh! Then, it’s cool and how’s the others?”

“Others are doing great. How about you?”

“Hmm for me, same old same old. As you can see, I am exhausted from a long surgery, patients, research, and then back again to surgery and the list goes on and on and on, you know doctor’s life. Nothing much. I’m that boring. You are the only one who can bear with my consistency of being boring,” Eun Hye replies and let out a small laugh.

She’s still pretty without make up, even from a long surgery. Ergh! I hate that she tied her hair. She can just let her hair go. She’s prettier that way.

“Seunghyun! Why staring? Something is on my face?” Eun Hye waves her hand to Seunghyun’s face when she caught him staring at her without saying anything.

“Nope!” Seunghyun immediately answered and thank god the waitress came and serves them their drinks. Eun Hye sips her juice and she throws her views outside, at the road and Seunghyun again taking advantage on that and starts looking at her while sipping his juice. Her brownish hair, her white flawless skin, few strains of hair suddenly moves near her eyes and Seunghyun’s hand moves without he is able to control it. He moves his hand and slowly tucks her hair behind her right ear. Eun Hye is a little bit taken aback at that sudden gestures but she ends up smiling at him. That pretty smiles of her, contagious. “You love to tie your hair?” Seunghyun suddenly asked her.

“You want me to let it go?” Eun Hye asked him back.

Seunghyun nods at her and tell her with smile “You are prettier with your hair down,”

Eun Hye can’t help but smiles and slowly letting down her hair and wear her hair band at her right wrist. She fixes her hair by shaking her head and tucking her right side of hair behind her ear. Once she finished doing that, she looks at Seunghyun. “Prettier?”

Seunghyun just chuckles and nodding at her.

“I didn’t put any make up today you know,” Eun Hye whispers to him jokingly.

“That’s better,” Seunghyun replied with whispers too and they both end up laughing at each other. They look like a couple that are madly in love with each other, smiling, laughing and joking with each other.

“I am sad,” Eun Hye said suddenly.

“Why?”

“The tickets sold out!”

“What tickets?”

“Taeyang’s concert! I forgot about it because I was too busy and now I just realized that his concert is next week. I checked it and turns out the tickets are all sold out already,” Eun Hye fakes a pout.

Seunghyun chuckles at that cute complains.

“You want to go that much?” he asked.

“Of course! I never go to his concert even once and now he is doing it in Seoul! Finally! I am so excited about it but turns out I still can’t attend this one too. I want to kill myself,” Eun Hye said as she purposely bumps her head on the table and caused a loud sound.

Everyone who is in the restaurant, suddenly turn their heads and looking at them. Seunghyun with his wide eyes shocked at Eun Hye’s sudden body gag. He laughs and touches her head.

“Kyaa!! Everybody is looking at us! Lift up your head!” Seunghyun whispered at her.

Eun Hye lifts her head and looks around and then she turns to Seunghyun with her goofy smiles. She rubs her forehead, feeling a bit of pain from purposely bumping her head on the table. She doesn’t know what is wrong with her. She always acts silly around Seunghyun and maybe because she is comfortable with him.

“That body gag is priceless, I should have recorded it,” Seunghyun said as he chuckles at her.

“Shut up!” She said as she stills rubbing her forehead. Seunghyun smiles at her silliness. He takes out his handkerchief from his back pocket. He looks at it and realized its Seungri’s. Seunghyun smiles as he remembered,

“We as men should carry handkerchief with us hyung. It’s easier for us if a girl is crying in front of us. We can offer her that,”

This is definitely a different case, Seungri-ah. Seunghyun slowly opens that folded handkerchief and makes it into a round shape as he then blows at it to warm it and he then moves Eun Hye’s hand from her forehead and slowly put the warm handkerchief at Eun Hye’s forehead.

“You bumped your head too hard,” Seunghyun said slowly to her as he put the handkerchief at her forehead.

Eun Hye looks at Seunghyun as he does that and she can’t help but ends up loving it. She smiles.

Without their knowing, there is one pair of eyes from the outside who keeps on looking at them since Seunghyun was tucking Eun Hye’s hair. It’s Daesung who just came out from a book store when he saw what happened before his eyes. He thought he was mistook his hyung with someone else but as he looked closer as he stands quietly near a street light, Daesung is sure as hell that was really his Seunghyun hyung who is smiling nonstop at a woman who is sitting in front of him.

Is that the owner of the pink dress inside Seunghyun’s hyung car that day? Seunghyun hyung is actually has a girlfriend all this while and that girl is really pretty! He has that side of him too? He will smile that sweetly to a girl? What a rare sight is this? Damn, they are madly in love. Daesung can’t help but to smile at that rare sight before him. He does have someone special in his life after all.

 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

“HYUNG!! YOU SPOILED EVERYTHING!” Seungri is yelling at Jiyong who is currently stirring the soup which slowly turn into a green color. Jiyong came home a bit early today as he purposely wants to join in the cooking session with his dongsaengs. Daesung stills showering upstairs leaving him and Seungri in the kitchen. Seunghyun is still not come home yet, only God knows where he is as Seungri already texted him but only got “On my way home” from Seunghyun.

“Stop yelling at me Seungri! How I know it will turn green!” Jiyong scolds Seungri back.

“That’s why I said, waits for Seunghyun hyung first or at least waits for Dae hyung!”

“I want to cook too,”

“You can’t cook hyung. Let’s digest that fact,”

Jiyong straights away put down the ladle on the stove and smack his maknae’s head in return.

“You underestimate me!”

“Hyung!!” Seungri shouts as he hears Seunghyun’s car sounds outside the house. He straights away leaving Jiyong at the kitchen and runs to the door, opens it and shouts Hyung again. Jiyong really wants to smack his maknae’s head once more. Totally spoiled!

Few minutes later, Seunghyun enters the house with Seungri and Jiyong’s name is the first thing that he calls once he takes off his shoes.

“What have you done to the kitchen Ji? You smacked maknae’s head? Oh my god! What the hell happened here! A mess! Jiyong cleans everything now!” Seunghyun scolds Jiyong as he walks into the kitchen. He stops at the pot on the stove. His face wrinkles at the sight.

“What the hell that you cooked over here?” Seunghyun interrogate Jiyong. Seungri just laughs as he sits on the couch at the living room, totally enjoying the view before his eyes. Jiyong got scolded by Seunghyun.

“I just want to dig out my inner talent hyung. You can cook, Dae can cook so I thought I can cook too, you know,” Jiyong answered innocently but what he got just a smack from Seunghyun.

“You think Seungri can cook? Taeyang can cook? And here you are thinking you can cook!? Cleans everything here now, calls Dae. Ask him to prepare the foods, I need to shower first,” Seunghyun said as he smacks Jiyong’s head one last time before he leaves to his room upstairs.

Once, Seunghyun out of their sight, Seungri immediately gets down from the couch and runs to Jiyong.

“You heard what I heard, hyung?” Seungri asked.

“What?” Jiyong replies lazily.

“Seunghyun hyung just mentioned Taeyang hyung,”

“So?”

“SO??????”

Jiyong turns to look at his maknae with his annoyed face. “So what Seungri-ah?”

“It means that Taeyang hyung can come home,” Seungri’s face lit up when he said that.

Jiyong’s face change as he listens to his maknae’s words. This boy doesn’t know anything.

“Hyung, calls Taeyang hyung and ask him to come home as Seunghyun hyung is not mad at him anymore. For your information hyung, this is the second time I heard Seunghyun hyung mentions Taeyang hyung’s name. Can’t you see that!? We are back on track! Just gives Taeyang hyung a call. He definitely will come back,”

Jiyong just shakes his head in return. Seungri wrinkles at seeing Jiyong’s disagreement.

“Why? You don’t want him to come back?” Seungri asked.

“No! Seungri-ah, not even one person in this house that doesn’t want him to comes back. Everyone wants him to come home but it’s not that simple,” Jiyong replies as he cleans up the mess in the kitchen.

“Why is it so?”

“Seungri-ah, things happened and we can’t change things just overnight,” Jiyong said.

Seungri is silent at those words. Those words are too ambiguous for him to understand. He looks at Jiyong. “Is there anything that I don’t know?” Seungri suddenly asked.

Jiyong stops at his track and he turns to look at Seungri.

Seungri is right. He doesn’t know what happened 5 years ago. The only thing that he knows was that Seunghyun got really angry at Taeyang and Taeyang left to live alone and that’s it. Nothing more. Seunghyun specifically told Jiyong not to say anything to Daesung or Seungri on what actually happened that day. So, till now no one knows about what actually happened that day except the three of them.

“Hyung, I’m asking you. Is there anything that I don’t know?” Seungri is waiting for the answer and Jiyong doesn’t know what to say in return. Until one voice appeared.

“Seungri-ah! Why your room is such a mess! Come here and tidy up everything or I’ll come downstairs and drag you up here,” Seunghyun is calling from the upstairs and staring at them in the kitchen.

Jiyong and Seungri turn their heads up and seeing Seunghyun is there still in the same shirt when he came back just now.

“Haisy hyung! I just looking for my cap just now that’s why it’s a bit messy there,” Seungri answered as he walks out of the kitchen and moves to the stairs, heading up to his eldet hyung. Once he’s upstairs, Seunghyun drag him by his neck and brings him to the room and he stops when he meet Daesung standing outside his room. Daesung just gives him his goofy smiles and shows his thumbs up to Seungri, mouthing “Serves you right” seeing his maknae got scolded by the eldest.

Jiyong who is in the kitchen sighs with relief at that sudden interruption and he moves back cleaning the mess that he caused before. Daesung who just comes downstairs walks to Jiyong who is standing at the sink, washing bowls in silent. Once Daesung is at his side, Jiyong turns his head to him.

“He was listening to everything just now. I mean everything,” Daesung whispers to Jiyong and Jiyong knows exactly what it means.

Then, the interruption was not a coincidence. Seunghyun was there for all this while and he purposely interrupts them to avoid Jiyong from telling Seungri anything. Daesung was coming out from his room when he saw Seunghyun is standing at the wall near the stairs with his back at him. 

 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Jiyong is currently standing outside Seunghyun’s workplace and all that he can hears are the sound of tapping at computer’s keyboard, and sounds of papers being flipped over, and then he knows that Seunghyun is doing his work. Jiyong is contemplating whether he should enter the room or not and finally he gives in. He knocks the door and he opens it slowly and revealed inside, Seunghyun who currently is reading a document. Seunghyun lifts up his head.

“Ji?”

Jiyong just smiles at his hyung and he walks to the desk and he pulls out a chair in front of Seunghyun.

“Busy?”

Seunghyun just looks back at those documents before him and he looks back at Jiyong.

“You want to say something to me?” Seunghyun asked.

“If you are busy, it’s okay hyung. We can talk later,” Jiyong wants to get up but he stops when Seunghyun close all the documents on his desk and he tidies up his desk a bit.

“Stay,” Seunghyun said shortly. When he finally put aside his files, his attention turns to his dongsaeng in front of him. “What is it?” he asked.

Jiyong suddenly lost his words when he is in front of Seunghyun but his hyung is still patiently waiting for him to speak.

“Hyung…”

“Hmmm..”

“I know that you were listening just now,”

Seunghyun is silent at hearing that as he knows what exactly Jiyong is talking about.

“I’m sorry hyung. I almost tell Seungri just now,” Jiyong said as he looks at Seunghyun who still doesn’t say anything yet. “I promise I won’t tell him,” Jiyong continues and Seunghyun just nods his head only and he turns to his files back. Opens them one by one, clearly shows that he wants to start his work back.

“Hyung, Taeyang won’t come back,” Jiyong finally speaks up.

Those words. Those words manage to make Seunghyun stops flipping through his documents, with his eyes still on the document and without even lifting his head, his ears are all to Jiyong.

“I met him the other day. I asked him to come home but he said he won’t come back. I called him after that, many times, but he refused to see me,” Jiyong forced those words to come out from him. He knows Seunghyun. He will deeply hurt by this.

“Hyung…” Jiyong calls as he sees no respond from Seunghyun.

Seunghyun takes a deep breath as he lifts up his head, finally looking at his dongsaeng.

“Can you try again, Jiyong-ah,” Seunghyun asked.

“I can try as many times as you want hyung but, if he still refused to come home?”

Seunghyun is slowly leaning on his chair.

“He has to come home, Jiyong-ah. I want him to come home,”

“I don’t know how to fix this hyung,” Jiyong said.

Seunghyun moves forward and say it slowly to Jiyong.

“It’s okay if he doesn’t want to stay here for good. It’s okay, but at least for one day. Just one day Ji. I want him to spend his time here with us, have meals together, do something together and sleep here for one night. Stay here just for one day. Just one day and then I won’t ask for more. Just one day and after that he doesn’t have to come here and see me ever again,” Seunghyun finally said it with teary eyes.

“Hyung…” Jiyong hates seeing Seunghyun this way. The last time he sees him in this state was that night when he saw him sitting alone at the swing near the lake. “Is there anything that I don’t know hyung?” Jiyong can feel something is wrong with Seunghyun.

Seunghyun is quiet for awhile till he speaks.

“Just bring him home and I’ll tell you the reason,”

Jiyong stares at Seunghyun, suddenly feeling uneasy about this whole situation of wanting Taeyang to come home.

 

“Then I am right. There is something that I don’t know. You are hiding something from me,”