. Planting thorns

I'm a Rose, Darling.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

5 years later…

“NANA come here!!!!!!!” sungyu shout at the top of one’s voice from her room. The loud voice echoes throughout the whole mansion in the early morning.

Nana on the other hand panics, Rara is even shaking in fear, Mrs Oh hurrily comes out from the kitchen as well, “I’m in trouble, I don’t know what’s crossing her mind this time…” nana utter.

“Nana, it’s just you are so careless. What did you do this time?”Mrs.Oh question, her curios behavior never fades away.

“No. I just pick out one of her pink dress because she asked me to and iron it”

“NANA!!! Didn’t you hear that I’m calling you! Are you deaf?!” sungyu yells again.

“Yah! Just go quick. It’ll be worse if Madame Kim woke up, she’s so furious from losing the gamble yesterday, go go.” Mrs. Oh slightly push Nana shoulder toward. She frowns and run upstairs quickly.

“I’m on my way Lady Gyu!” Nana shouts along her way. Running in rush, she knock into sungyu back who’s standing in her pink fluffy bathrobe. “You’re so careless nana!”Sungyu snorts and pinch nana’s stomach as punishment. Nana winces in pain, she murmurs sorry in English and sungyu pinch her again “what sorry?! Didn’t I say you not to imitate my English language?”

“Keke, right. I’m sorry Lady Gyu” nana has to say again to Korean, “do you need anything?”

“Did you pick out this dress and iron it” she holds the pink short dress with white collar and points at it.

“ye-yes I did” nana stutter in fear.

“Didn’t you count how many times I wore this dress?

“I – I think its 2 time already” nana said as she cutely held up two fingers.

“Your brain is useless Nana! It’s already 3 times! 3 FREAKING TIMES” sungyu says in clearly audible tone.

“aww, keke right. I remember now, it’s already 3 times.” Nana giggles.

“Perhaps, you didn’t remember that I always wear a dress not more than 3 times?!”

“No, no I remember lady Gyu. It’s just I forget about it. I’ll go bring the new dress now” she excuse herself.

“Do it quick.” Sungyu says in her usual annoyance tone.

Mrs. Oh who’s standing outside the door and listen to their conversation comes inside the room, “Lady Gyu, where are you going?”

“I’m going to go out and eat ice creams with Jihyun and Daeun” she huffs.

“Isn’t Tr.Lee coming today? Please don’t go. Why don’t you try hard in studies and graduate this year?”Mrs. Oh pleads.

“Look, who are you to say such things. Even my Grandma didn’t say anything. And what if I fail for numerous times?”

“It’s just good to be a graduate.”

It’s normal for Sungyu to gives a rude retort, because Madam Kim is indeed not concerned about her education because she’s busy going around with her friends to gamble. Sungyu father has never comeback to meet his daughter, yet he fulfilled his part of parent duty by occasionally sending a huge amount of money.

 

“Huh who cares? I’m not going to starve because I’m an undergraduate. I have lot’s of money. I owe this house, I owe one in Jeollado Province too-” sungyu halts.

 ah wait, mentioning about it, I haven’t been there for last 4 years since I’m busy visiting daddy. I will make sure to visit there this year. and my little slave She thinks in her mind and smirks.

They can hear a car honk from outside signaling that Jihyun and Daeun have arrive. She quickly dismisses Mrs.Oh to tell her friends to wait and quickly starts dressing up.

Sungyu walks off the stairs in her tight pink dress and stand beside Rara who’s now putting on her red high heels. She smiles smugly, remembering the vulnerable boy she used to bully back then- the one who puts on the heels for her. She feels so fulfilled, satisfied for everything she owes. It also feels so alluring that she has someone who would do anything what she ask.

Sungyu stroll and stop until she’ near the car and lean her body against it, supporting her elbow on the doorframe. “Ok, shall we go?” she beams with happiness.

“You look surprisingly pretty today” Jihyun comments.

“I’m always pretty. Don’t you know?” sungyu smirks, teasing her friends.

“Right. I’m wrong. Sorry lady Gyu” Jihyun bows her head a little.

Sungyu chuckles, “well, you’ve apologize so Lady Gyu have to forgive! Now let’s go.”

After 10mins of Driving:

“Yah, Daeun-ah why is your car so hot? Aren’t the AC working?” sungyu asks, feeling sweats forming on her forehead.

“No Gyu, AC fully working. It’s just the weather outside is so hot. I don’t know what we’ll do in summer with this condition”

Sungyu grins “don’t worry about that, I have a plan. Let’s go to Jeollado Province” she suggests.

“I don’t like the idea of travelling in local area. What about foreign country?”Jihyun into the conversation.

“Let’s just go eh? You don’t need to worry about hotel and stuff, I have my mansion ‘Love House’ there” sungyu persuade and uses some of her weird aegyo.

“That’s not bad.”

“And also, there’s a person who must oblige my entire request” sungyu smile smugly. “You’ll see that when you arrive there. So how is it? Deal?

“Ok!” both Jihyun and Daeun shouts in excitement.

∞∞∞

 

They preparations for trip to Jeollado Province have completed, therefore sungyu and her friends depart with driver Min to ‘Love House’. Both of her friends are in awe after they arrives at the main gate of the mansion.

“Wow, it’s so huge. Oh and is that a garden at front?” Jihyun exclaims and Daeun nods her head furiously, couldn’t agree more.

Sungyu just smile proudly, while they wait for the gate door to be open. A boy ran towards them shouting “coming!” on his way. Sungyu frowns because she thinks that’s woohyun.

 A broad muscular chest with strong biceps plus sweats dripping down inside his shirt making him completely transparent – (like half ), and he looks totally y and stunning that sungyu almost drool from the view.

“Is it the boy that you mention? He’s hot though!” teases both of her friends nudging her from the side shaking up all her imaginations.

Sungyu didn’t answer back their question because she’s just too mesmerized by woohyun for now. She put on her fake smile and chuckle a little, “right, he’s hot but he’s mine. Kick the dirty thoughts of yours away”. And the girls giggle at her joke. “Well well, there goes our possessive queen”

She turns her head and meets a pair of sharp eyes. That dark orbs full of hate. She silently clicks her tongue and look away unable to continue the staring.

On the other hand, Woohyun has no idea of sungyu coming. She wasn’t visiting the mansion for last 4 years so woohyun thought that this year would be the same. He didn’t expect to see sungyu sitting inside the white limo wearing pink again. After the high heels incident, woohyun got an abnormal fear or phobia of high heels especially in red or pink color. He can’t stand to see those things and would shake in fear. He lowers his eye and clicks his tongue in annoyance because no one tells him that sungyu is coming. If he had known it earlier, he would have wash and clean up and wear some new clothes. He slowly opens the main gate and let the Limo pass through, when their eyes meet, he couldn’t help but mesmerized by the growth of beauty within sungyu. She’s a bit taller now and has pink plump lips and brown small eyes. Her pale milky skin color amazingly matches the pink color she’s wearing. He changes his attention quickly anyway.

When the limo stops at the site, he slowly closes the gate door and walk over. Sungyu and her friends have already alight and are standing aside folding their arms. Woohyun eye unconsciously travel up and down. Red Heels… just by looking at it make him get Goosebumps. He shakes his thought away and when he was about to get near the car to carry the luggage’s, their eyes meet again.

Woohyun certainly remembers those small eyes which always look down on him, bullies, mock and hate him. He certainly can’t deny that sungyu looks more grown up and beautiful though. He advert his eye quickly –again- unable to keep on the act.

Sungyu turns around too seeing woohyun all grown up very handsome which is different from her own visualization.  She feels her cheek burning up for unknown reason. Daeun nudge her from the side causing her to come into sense and look at her friend. “Gyu-ah, show us how much this hottie listen to you well. “Just a small example would be fine”, sungyu laugh at her. Then Daeun hands a plastic bag full of oranges, “drop this and order him to pick those up” she suggest, sungyu shakes her head, don’t know why she is not feeling to bully the guy but fate love her a lot because the plastic bag accidently drop when Daeun hands, she guess her finger lose it’s balance.

 “Hah” she gasps, seeing the oranges scattered to the ground. Woohyun from the side saw it too but he pretends like he didn’t see it and continue his work which really boils sungyu’s blood. She intended not to bully him, but it seems like he’s ignoring her so she shouted “Nam WooHyun!” straight to his face.

“What?” he reply. “Didn’t you see the oranges drop? Pick it up for me” she orders sternly. “Did it accidently drop or did you intentionally drop it?” woohyun retort back. Sungyu click her tongue in annoyance, “you don’t have to question me back. If I order to pick up, You pick it up” she point her index finger at him. Mrs. Oh who sense the situation will become worse, hold Woohyun’s left arm and whisper to go pick it up. Woohyun didn’t retort back this time and crouch down to pick up the oranges. Kim sungyu smiles satisfy by the actions.

Woohyun however is feeling so many emotions. Hurting his pride in cruel way, treating him like a mere trash in front of people, he has had it enough. He look up to see sungyu and her friends now going inside the building but he didn’t continue to look and carefully pick up the oranges on the ground. 

Sungyu halts her step “I almost forget about it! I have to check my roses”. “But why do you have to?” Daeun interrupt. Sungyu smirks and say, “It’s my tradition. Now come on!” sungyu said as she skipped her way toward the garden.

“Wah! This is so refreshing! I’m going to ask daddy to make a rose garden for me” Jihyun shouted as she enjoy the breath taking scenery.

“Copycat” Daeun spat. But sungyu on the other hand can’t hear anything as she can only smile wide in satisfaction because he saw nothing like rose buds or a rose that hasn’t bloomed. Did woohyun do these? She thought and chuckle.

“Daeunnie and Jihyunnie~ see all these beautiful roses bloom just for me” she said proudly. “These must be done by woohyun because last time he was badly scolded and now he must have tried hard to please me. Keke, he’s such a good servant!” sungyu said, looking directly at woohyun who’s walking to the backyard now.

“Yah! Woohyun! You did great this time. I’m pleased” sungyu said smiling.

“For what?” that was the reply of woohyun.

“For making the rose garden beautiful with blooms one”

“I didn’t do that though”

“What?” sungyu narrow her eyebrows, confused by the answer. He didn’t do those? Then who in the w-”

Her thought were interrupted by woohyun “I went to Seoul last week. Those are done by Grandpa Nam. And consequently he’s ill that he can’t even come out to greet you. So if you may excuse me, I have to take care of my grandpa” woohyun said, internally screaming and walk away.

What is this ? That means he have done nothing for me? That means he didn’t know that I’m coming here? How dare he! How dare he put me into embarrassing situations in front of my friends!??

Sungyu continue to stand there like a statue, she feels a little disappointed that he didn’t care about her. She shrugs her thought and went inside the mansion. She sees many rose vases along the corridor to her room.

But, but why does this feel unreal?

 Why does she feel like they are not beautiful enough like before?

Why does she feel like this is different from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter