. Red roses

I'm a Rose, Darling.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Red roses…

A bouquet of red roses.

A 16 years old woohyun quickly walks. No, it’s more like he’s running now, avoiding people here and there. He’s drowning with sweats, revealing his tanned abs under the white –almost transparent- shirt he’s wearing. Woohyun’s a little tanned, handsome looking boy with sharp –knives like- nose, plump lips and attractive dark brown orbs. He grip and hold the big bouquet of red roses nearer to his chest afraid that they might get destroy.

 The car honk behind startle him so much as he lose his balance and stumble on his own feet, falling to the ground, the rose thorn going deep inside his chest.

‘Son! Son! Are you okay?” Mrs. Han – the chief of staff management in ‘Love House- hurriedly walks, putting down the basket full of foods beside and supports him to get up.

“Mrs. Han! Mrs. Han do it slowly, all the rose might get ruin.” Woohyun spoke, eye wondering to check the roses he’s holding.

“aish- this kid. What’s so important about roses? Why are running like this? Look at you drowning with sweats” she said while taking out the towel from her bag and gently wipe it.

“Of coz this is important Chief Han! Grandpa Nam asked me to buy these without getting damage and come back quick!” woohyun quickly reply, losing his breath at instance.

“I know, I know. Okay now go slowly. I’m sure they’re arriving late” Mrs. Han smiles, and woohyun awkwardly nod his head.

 Young lady Gyu will surely stop at the view to takes pictures she chuckled at her own thoughts.

∞∞∞

Summer. The weather is extremely hot and yet and Kim Sungyu is wearing a pink leather jacket and tight black shining stocking along with pale pink high heels. She gaze at her surrounding, Jeolla-do Province, the place full of great scenarios. They place where the air is fresh and the wind is strong. Oh and also the place where Kim’s family owns a big mansion called “Love House” with a huge rose garden at the front. They would visit there usually on summer, just to take a rest doing activities like swimming, cycling and taking photos.

 Sungyu click her tongue in annoyance, she turns around –oh so slowly- to see her Grandma, two of her maid and Mrs.Oh sleeping soundly. She breathes in deeply clearly frustrate at the scene. “I… want to open the car door and ride” she says like a princess. No response…“Open that freaking door!” She orders harshly.

She sighs, throwing her –infamous- deadly glares at the people besides and behind.

 “I FREAKING SAID OPEN THE DOOR OF THE CAR!” she shouted out loud startling all the people falling asleep.

“I’m sor- sorry young lady Kim. I was jus-just fallen asl-” Mrs. Oh stutter a little,

“CUT THE CRAP! AND Open the door.” She spat.

“Which door?” she lowers her head while asking.

“What door do we have here?!”

“umm you mean the main door here? No way lady Gyu, it’s too dangerous, we might fall out-”

 “harr- shut the hell up! This is Kim Sungyu ordering! And you have no choice to oblige my request because you are my slave and I’m your master!” sungyu rudely point her index finger on last of the word she said.

“What’s happening?” Grandma Kim question from behind.

“Grandma, they are not following my order!”

“What!?” she exclaim, flickering –nana&rara- the twin’s head one by one. “Mrs.Oh! Didn’t I tell you to listen up Lady Gyu order! Why are you not doing?”

“But… but Madam Kim, lady Gyu is asking the car door to be open, and we can’t precede that because we might all fall out.” Mrs. Oh answer back, her head hung low.

“Ooh” grandma Kim widen her eyes a little.

“Sungyu… baby” sungyu grandma Mrs. Kim call in a soft voice. “They can’t follow that order baby. You don’t want your grandma and yourself to fall out of this car do you?

”but… grandma, GyuGyu wants to stand up and get some fresh air” sungyu said pouting a little.

“It’s still too dangerous Gyu-ah, Jeollado highway have lots of roundabouts,  if you want to get some fresh air or want to take some photo, grandma will let driver Min, to stop at the view point. Alright baby?” Mrs.kim explains sungyu in the softest way possible and waits for her answer.

A 15 year old sungyu sulks, folding her hands up to the chest , biting her bottom lips, and stomping her feet.  After 5 minute of awkward silence, “alright… let’s do as grandma says… for this once but tell daddy to get me a new car.” she finally said, leaning back to her place.

“Alright baby. Your wish will be fulfilled” Grandma Kim smile sweetly, softly patting sungyu pale pink hair.

Everyone smiles silently; glad that the agreement was made… or else they’ll be dealing with a sulking hamster all day long.

∞∞∞

“Grandpa! Grandpa! I’m here” woohyun walks in with a bunch of red roses in his hand.

“Wow, you really got it a lot!” Grandpa Nam exclaim.

“The seller gives me more for free –keke- aren’t I useful grandpa?” woohyun giggle.

“Haha right, our woohyunnie is the best!” grandpa Nam extend his right hand and pat Woohyun’s fluffy black hair.

Suddenly Grandpa Nam gasp “Wait, what’s with the blood on your shirt?” -Since the shirt is white, blood stain can be easily spotted.-

“ahh that… umm I actually fell down on my way. The thorn must have brush a little of my chest. –Keke- I’m ok.

“This kid, how can you laugh at this situation? Go treat your wound first ok?”

 “Alright. Oh and grandpa, why are you cleaning again? Didn’t you do it yesterday?”

“Yes, I did but I need to decorate a little since Lady Kim Sungyu like grand things. She really hates dirty and untidy places.” Grandpa Nam explains.

“hmph- she’s so full of herself. Even her name is unusual… what is it? Lady Kim Sungyu –haha” woohyun mocks and giggle. (How cute!)

“Woohyun-ah, I’m warning you beforehand. You should respect her and do whatever she ask or order you. You understand?”

“Do you mean anything? But -But grandpa- what if she asks me to do non-sense things?”

“You still can’t deny them. They are our landlord who gave us food and shelter. If we don’t serve as they want, they would kick us out and we’ll have nowhere to live woohyun-ah. They visit here once or twice a year anyway; just try your best to please them.”

Woohyun stay silent, hanging his head low because all that his grandpa said is correct. His father hasn’t comes back since he goes to gold mines. The letter comes occasionally, but woohyun guess that his father hasn’t hit a jackpot yet.

“Okay okay. Help me out a little will you?”

“What should I do grandpa?”

“Can you collect all the rose pot that have not bloom yet and gather at the back? We have to place only the bloom ones in this area.”

“But grandpa, some of them will definitely bloom tomorrow or the day after. Just leave them be. It’s not even needed.”

“We can’t woohyun-ah, Lady Kim only likes to see roses that are bloom already. Just do as this grandpa said. You still have to decorate the roses you bought right? Then do it quickly”

Woohyun stick out his lips obviously pouting at the words of his grandpa. He still has to follow the words though.

∞∞∞

The car comes to halt at the view point. Sungyu and her fellow maids alight from the van. She inhales the air deeply and takes out the camera ‘Canon Powershot G9’, a red one to be exact. (Yeah, Kim sungyu is definitely a red crazy) and start to snap some scenarios.

Mrs. Oh stands beside Mr. Min near the car, folding their arms. Their eyes follow every movement of Lady Kim and both of them sigh unanimously.

“Madame Kim has totally spoiled Lady Sungyu. Look at her, totally copying her grandma style” Mrs. Oh said eye directing at the Lady Gyu who’s flickering the two twin head again because their mere existence annoys her. “Right, Madame Kim was really poor back then but now that she’s rich because of Lady Gyu father’s, she’s acting all proud and insults low classes” Mr. Min says.

“I agree. She even uses half of the money to gamble anyway. How can her son send that kind of amount?” Mrs. Oh says in a confuse way.

“Her son marries a rich women who sells jewelry in Bangkok. That amount of money is just a piece of cake to them”

“Then how about Lady Gyu’s Mom? Do you know?” Mrs. Oh asks. She’s full of curiosity.

“Yes, I have met her once because Madame Kim asked me to send money to her house and told her not to come see Lady Gyu. She’s married again too. Her next husband is alcoholic and doesn’t work at all”

“Oh, I se-”

“Driver Min! Let’s continue the journey.” Madam Kim shouts while walking towards them completely cutting off their conversation.

∞∞∞

Woohyun patiently cut the thorns of uncountable roses. He recalls his grandpa words carefully. He sigh, shaking his head forcefully grab a handful of red roses and put it in the vase. Call him clumsy, because he puts the roses inside the vase –not so softly – and the vase lost it’s balance and fall onto his feet.

Blood are oozing out, and he bends down to wipe it a little. It stings… why is life so unfair? Why did he do to deserve like this? He sigh again but he didn’t cry, he thinks he have to at least overcome this small matter. He’s a manly man afterall.

After he’s done with his bandage, he holds a handful of roses again. And put to inside the large vase near the stairs. He continues to put red roses into vases along the way of the room situated in the corner. Of course, lady Sungyu’s room- who in the world have a weird of roses anyway? Woohyun thought to himself and chuckle.

He places one last piece of the rose inside the room decorated in pale red. The last rose looks abnormally beautiful, he unconsciously get a hold of it and sniff a little. Woohyun smiles but –the car honk from outside changes his attention. He hastily put it down and left the room without delay.

∞∞∞

Sungyu slowly step off from the car. She gazes around left to right and slowly walks. (Is she a sloth or something?) Chief Han comes out to welcome as well and they carry the luggage inside. Woohyun comes out to carry things and he couldn’t help but glance at the bright attracting pale hair girl.

Who would dye their hair pink? Woohyun thought. Kim sungyu has pale skin, chubby cheeks with pink plump lips and mostly, a small eye –can she even sees? He chuckle in his mind. Woohyun notice the outfit too, in this hot weather –haha and this time he laugh out loud. Yes he did laugh out loud!

Chief Han beside elbow his asking “what’re you laughing? She’ll hears it”

“No she’ll not Chief Han, -haha- didn’t she looks weird?”

“Laugh in your mind then or else she’ll be fuming over you for insulting her!” she hiss in low voice.

Woohyun looks over still grinning                    

“Yah, why are you still looking? Her grandma is right inside” Chief Han warns.

“oppps” woohyun nods his head and turns to do his work.

On the other hand, sungyu who’s walking around the rose garden smiles with satisfaction. The smell of the rose makes her feel refresh. She halt suddenly, taking 3 steps backward and sees the flower pot with a rose that hasn’t not bloom yet. Anger shot through her veins, immediately she stomp her feet and walks near the car catching everyone’s attention.

“Who arrange flower pots over there?” she asks pointing her index finger at the garden.

“I did” woohyun proudly answers.

Chief Han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter