Good Enough, Bad Enough Fic #5

[☀] Good Enough, Bad Enough: To Us Fic #5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      

TO US X Better Than, A Decent Marshmallow's Confession

Later that morning – I found the house to be empty.

I had to be ready for work and it’s just now that there’s almost this familiar feeling of living by myself again.

I hurriedly rushed over to get an apple from the fruit bowl by the counter. I’ve never had a fruit bowl until Sehun. He’s says I’m welcome to eat from it because it’s the only thing I’m allowed to eat that’s his unless stated otherwise. He’s completely vicious and selfish about his food.

Oh Sehun, it feels so empty due to the fact he’s probably sleeping still. That’s good –I nod to myself while adjusting the backpack I usually bring with me, on my shoulder with the apple in hand now going to my mouth while I bite down.

After doing this, I hum on out the apartment; making my way in the direction of the elevator, only it’s then that someone on it gains my attention.

The doors open and the person in it gave this grimace of doubt when they saw me, “Did you even rinse it off before putting that in your mouth?” Sehun standing on the elevator removes his shades, before casually walking off as I step in.

 So he was up? Just what else does he possibly do this early in the morning?

By answering him I just shake my head and eye him –“Were you out all this time?” I ask, taking the apple from my mouth as quickly as possible.

Sehun answers briefly, “I left something, but must you know about my personal life? Go,” He urges me on by pushing me inside the elevator fully. I just stare at him, my eyes judging. He’s right though.

He doesn’t turn back to me as he just walks on to the front door, “She looks pretty today…”

I hear this at the wrong time. My mind can only replay what’s he’s said to himself as the elevator doors close in time for me to blink stunned.

Did he just compliment me? The apple goes back in my mouth; this time I take a real bite down and eat it.

He called me pretty.

I take a glance down at my leather black boots, all black pants and skin tight black shirt matched with a plaid blue oversize shirt which is wrapped around my waist. It’s a work day, so I have my hair down with a grey cap on.

No makeup –never again, but I have some lip gloss for the road.

I think I end up giggling by the time the elevator dings open again.

Standing at the front of the building is a likewise –dressed in all black now black haired Luhan. I give him a skeptic gaze as he has his back turned to me. His piercings along his left ear making him look rather bad boyish as he turns his head to look out at the traffic –if not for his fetus face I’d call him hot.

I narrow my eyes however –roughly extending my foot out so that it hits the back of his legs.

Luhan immediately leans back and almost falls over. He’s giving this loud yell before he lifts his head to glare up at me. “You ditched me.” I say as a matter of fact.

“I gave you life!” He bitterly and theatrically retorts –removing the out of place hairs from his face. He puts his hands to his hips, “You were going to make me the third wheel, so I took Minseok on his offer to take me out on a date.” His failure of a grim expression changes to an angelic deer in paradise. I however, roll my eyes.

“That’s not true… he would have left if he knew we were busy.” I justify only I don’t seem to have wanted that. Yeah– that’s precisely not the case.

Luhan and I are boarding the bus by now and I give him this hesitant glance. He sees this. He’s greatly attentive by the time I avoid his gaze. “Did you two have your own date?” He asks, obviously not surprised by the blush on my face. I give a sigh –“We went to a movie… we hung out…I know he likes me.” I then say.

I’ve never seen Luhan stomp his little feet, flare his hands and squeal so much in my life. His eyes are hard to find because he has them slanted to the point this ugly grin on his face makes me laugh aloud.

“Sit down,” The bus driver says and Luhan suddenly morphs back into a sulky state as he sits beside me with a side glare to the driver.

“You should be thanking me, not kicking me.” Luhan then turns to me and pinches my arm.

I shrug him away only to hold back a grin, “I don’t know how to explain it but I have it… whatever it was I lost, I have it back.” I murmur.

Luhan placed his arm around my shoulder, “That’s called being good enough–you got that good~” He sings –leaving me to push him away, “You got that good good!~” He just continues on. What the hell type of song is he singing?

“Stop talking shrek and answer me this –”

Luhan happens to stop dancing in the seat while the bus is driving to laugh, “What?

“Kris called me yesterday. He says he wants to meet me tonight. Do you know anything about this?”

There’s stillness in the air as he blanks. His eyes are framed rather perturbed before he scoffs unwillingly to speak what’s on his mind. I don’t know what to believe because it looks like I’m right.

“He wouldn’t….” He assumes; leaving me to stir in my seat. I give him a nudge –his head turns automatically to the push. “He broke up with my sister’s boss just yesterday.”

“He broke up with that elephant tusk woman –why?” I blink several times before smiling at the thought yet I still feel sorry for her. If the break up was anything like mines, Kris probably just sent a text.

Luhan curtly sends a side glare before going on, “I’m not sure if you know this but Kris has changed… He is a real , so tell him you can’t make it.” He says this as if I didn’t know.

I quickly take my hand to cover my mouth –sarcastically, “I believe I was the first person he was an to thank you very much.” I narrow my eyes –totally feeling conflicted. It’s not like I want to see him.

“Why would he call me?”

Luhan is brief and cold, “He wants you back probably –typical drama.”

He wants me back.

Hearing that leaves me speechless.

“Then I’ll just turn him down.” I assure therefore standing to my feet just before the bus makes it to our stop. Luhan looks up at me, almost close to punching my stomach from the close proximity. “Call him back and tell him you’re not coming, better yet – ditch him.”

“Oh, I’m going. I’m going to show him just what he missed and why he should have never hurt me. It will be beautiful.” I grin –closely eyeing the traffic of people just as we step down after each other.

Luhan sighs deeply, “And don’t listen to him, he is such a good liar these days.” He goes on to warn me.

To be honest –hearing how much of an unloyal person he’s become makes me sad. I never wanted him to be like this even after the breakup. I thought perhaps it was me and I may have been holding him back but it seems he’s immersed himself into this vain dainty.

 

 

It’s taken me a long time to appreciate this other beauty of mines I call redemption.

“Surely you weren’t working here last week.” A person I don’t intend to remember questions but I always recognize him by the choice of wine and appetizer. He’s a nice man for that matter and when he glances up, “Rina? Oh my, I’m sorry.” He’s quick to apologize.

For the life of me –I feel like Kim Hye Jin from She Was Beautiful. During the walk to work –Luhan talked about that drama like it was my life’s story. Hell no. Just the title I could relate to. And boy –I wish I had freckles.

 “You’re fine.” I assure him before placing his plate down. I take a step back as he just sits there dazed. It doesn’t take him long to come to terms with my transformation as he blinks to focus on his food.

On the brighter side– work is exceptionally good as it should be now that my work space literally tolerates me. It’s been a few days and returning back for the first time has been bittersweet.

I’m subtly assaulted by my co-works who are men and women alike, and happen to catch one of the guys I usually call my chum giving me this dejection positon. What am I supposed to do? There’s a brief smile I gave him as we finally exchanged looks– his name is Jongdae. We’ve been pretty tight since the beginning and I’ve always known him to be nice to me because I’m a good person but there was no way he was attracted towards me last month.

We occasionally went out but that was because Luhan and the others tagged along after work for a drink. Anything beyond that –I can’t picture what would make him suddenly… I don’t know… be hesitant to really talk to me.

Matter of fact –everyone giving me second glances out of approval seemed to be overwhelming me every freaking time. I’m gradually figuring out that most people like the change while the others prefer it to better than being a decent human being.

This isn’t even me being my iest.

My manager even forced me to pull out my I.D when she saw my face. Luhan called it the, you’re prettier than me but I was surely prettier than you some time ago guarantee identity card. In other words –haters, haters everywhere I tell you. Why hate on me I thought? I’m not that easy to get hung over men and if my presence affects them more than it did then, big woopty doo!

However, Jongdae –the way he stares at me feels different and even though he acts as if nothing has changed, I think he’s not too happy about it.

“Hey, Jongdae.” I remain calm after the rushing of him coming behind me with a means to receive the order on the counter top. He was extremely close just now ; so close that I could smell his cologne. I won’t deny he smells good but I have something to tell him.

I had to wait for him to return as he strolled nearby.

His head immediately turned as if a chime went off that said listen to Rina, the girl right there giving you this phlegmatic look. What a shame, he’s walked into a customer. I can’t be that dazzling.

Feeling bad, I end up walking over to him as he’s trying his best to bow them away. He gives his sincere apologies and to be honest, if that were to happen a month ago, he would have given me that same scowl his eyes are sending right now. I laugh aloud then –“Dude, watch where you’re going.”

“It’s because you called me all of a sudden.” His arms enclose into the judging manner of being crossed. I look up at him while nodding. I suppose he’s right about that and I don’t feel led to talk about what I initially had racing through my mind.

 “I just wanted to know if that table over there needs assistance. I haven’t seen anyone go to them in a while. Plus –that one needs to be wiped clean.” I manage to make out to tables vacant and occupied.

Jongdae realizes what had to be done and graciously pats my arm, “I’ll clean that one off. I’m sure with your charm they’ll forgive us for not being attentive.” He implies that I have that gift but what if they have nasty attitudes?

Whatever, it has to be done –“I’ll start off with the ‘how’s everything going folks’ and get a napkin thrown in my face.” I roll my eyes and his grin surely widens the longer he’s staring at me.

If I were to imagine –he’s thinking somewhere along the line of “Just how the hell, no what the hell happened? You changed so much, I’m not sure if I like it… Well, I like it… but of all people to make me run into somebody…”

“Hey, you seem a little different today….” I end up blurting out.

Jongdae’s head lowers –eyes manually making me out with a small frown, “I’m the one who seems different?” He seems to be taking that a little personal so I cleared my throat to inform him that it’s not as bad as it seems –whatever he’s thinking.

“So what, I did my hair… put on something more decent…” I mutter while looking over my shoulder. He literally takes my chin with his hand and my eyes widen once they come across his sincerely stern ones. I’m officially at lost for words but am quick to slap his hand away even after such touching words.

“You were better than decent before.” These sure words stick to me.

Jongdae plays it cool; he has to in order for him not to blush beat red –I could see he was fairly close but he scratches the back of his head sheepishly, “I’ll go clean that table.”

I intend to open my mouth but I am still dumbfounded. Why on earth do I feel as if I’ve done something bad? I am not going back –I am just being me; a new and improved me. That has nothing to do with not feeling good about myself. More importantly –“Why not just ask me out if I was so decent before?”

I scoffed before narrowing my eyes at completely nothing. Men –all damn men in general are annoying. Even my Shrek over there batting his lashes towards the group of women ordering drinks annoys the hell out of me.

I suppose I’ll live with it... this isn’t for those around me to figure my decisions out. It’s disclosed as a prominent hope of being able to live healthy.

When you realize that, most of the time I guess you can get confused. But it’s truly thanks to Luhan that I know the difference of pleasing others and pleasing myself –and I have never pleased others. I just seem to find joy in proving others wrong while improving me.

 

“Seo In Guk, to what do I have the pleasure?”

Surely I wasn’t expecting him to be at where I work but it wasn’t a bad feeling at all once I saw he was accompanied by a small toddler. I gave the young one a small smile as he and the baseball cap he wore  leaned back to smile in up at me in return.

“Family dinner…? You work here, Rina?” In Guk shows some relief beside the boy that pulls on his arm. “Mommy!”  The small finger points and it’s directed to a table I’m waiting. What are the odds of this? I think while looking back to In Guk’s ratified gaze.

“Oh, he sees his mom. Let’s take him to her. Welcome!”

In Guk gives his family a wave –“Good to see you, Rina.” He tells me before being led by the toddl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter