Four - Running Man

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Four

 

 

*one year and five months later*

 

Author’s POV

“Good morning, hyung.” Sehun arrived at the parking lot in front of their dorm that morning sharply at eight dressed casually but still strikingly handsome.

The manager who was waiting in the car turned his head around to talk to Sehun as he entered the car, “You’re surprisingly early today. I’m amazed that I didn’t have to go all the way to the dorm to wake you up.”

“I know right? I’m amazed myself.” Sehun chuckled.

“Okay then. Let’s get going.”

The manager drove the car to the location Sehun’s individual schedule took place for the day. Sehun took out his earphones and connected it to his iPhone. With a wide grin on his face, Sehun accessed CCM Entertainment’s official YouTube channel. After more than a year disappearing from Korean entertainment industry, Jiyeon was allegedly report to make a solo debut. Sehun has been waiting and he was the most excited one when the debut teaser was released last night. It was long time ago since he’s been this excited. He’s going crazy and had repeatedly watched the teaser since dawn, which was the legit reason why he woke up early for his schedule.

“What are you watching Sehun? Why do you keep smiling?” The manager curiously asked.

“Huh? Nothing hyung.” He quickly took off the earphones.

“Are you fully prepared for the recording?” Manager asked.

“I should be… but I’m still quite nervous about it. It’s my first time guesting on Running Man, and on top of that I’m alone. Where do I seek help if something happen? I’m so nervous about meeting the seniors too.” Sehun explained.

“I was curious of why they invited you alone. You’ll know once we get there. Don’t worry too much, they will help you for sure.”

“Yeah. Let’s just hope I’m not the only guest.”

The car entered the filming site, which is one of the biggest resorts in Seoul, thirty minutes before the recording was scheduled. Sehun was escorted by the manager into the resort. One of the staff appeared to show them the way to the waiting room. It’s a big room that looks like a private lounge with a beautiful outside view. There were already two people waiting in the room as he entered. They were Jungkook from BTS and also Lee Kwangsoo, one of Running Man’s members. They quickly greeted each other, although Sehun seemed quite nervous. He’s somehow thankful seeing Jungkook, because at least there’s a fellow idol with him.

“Sehun-ssi, we will first setting up your microphone.” The sound staff came.

“Yes sure.” Sehun agreed.

“Why I’m here by the way? Where are the other members?” Kwangsoo anxiously asked while watching the two handsome boys near him.

“All of them already went out and began preparing for the opening.” The PD explained.

“So why am I still here? Are you purposely trying to humiliate me? Look at these guys. They’re so handsome while I’m so…” Kwangsoo paused, making the staffs burst in laughs.

“You’re handsome too Kwangsoo hyung.” Sehun added.

“Are you kidding? I can’t be compared with you guys.” Kwangsoo denied.

“You’re still handsome in our eyes.” Jungkook then said.

“Aish… I’m glad.” Kwangsoo shyly smiled, making the whole room filled with laughter again.

“We prepared masks. Choose whichever you like and wear it to cover your face from other Running Man members once we head out to the opening site later.” The PD handed them the masks.

“They still can tell even though I wear the mask.” Kwangsoo complained.

“Please wear it for now.”

As the producer insisted, all three of them put on the masks. Sehun chose a simple white opera mask, while Jungkook and Kwangsoo each wore animal masks. With the PD’s instruction, they all headed out to the huge and beautiful backyard of the resort. The other Running Man members that were doing the opening then gasped at their appearance. The laughter immediately heard as the tall Kwangsoo obviously stood out due to his height although his face was covered with mask.

“Looks like our guest is here, but Kwangsoo-yah, what are you doing there? Don’t be a try-hard, you’re just one of us.” Yoo Jaesuk pointed out, brightening the atmosphere.

“Wow those two look so chic. Could they be idols?” Sukjin pointed Sehun and Jungkook who’re hiding behind their masks.

“Yeah they must be handsome! I’m excited!” Jihyo happily exclaimed.

“Yah Song Jihyo, I’m here…” Gary suddenly said, making them all laughed again.

“Okay. Now six of you will form three groups of two. Song Jihyo and Kang Gary, Ji Sukjin and Kim Jongkook, lastly Yoo Jaesuk and Haha. Each  group may choose which one of the three they want in their group.” The PD explained.

“But we don’t know any of them except for Kwangsoo. Do we just choose?” Jongkook asked.

“I’m not Kwangsoo.” Kwangsoo said, even went as far as disguising his voice.

“Shut up Kwangsoo.” Jihyo said, generating another round of laughter.

“Just choose any of them. They will reveal their identity once everyone is chosen.” The PD gave further explanation.

“Then we choose the phantom of the opera. Brown-haired guy. He looks fit.” Haha and Jaesuk quickly chose.

“I don’t wanna be Kwangsoo’s teammate, so we choose the puppy masked guy.” Jihyo and Gary swiftly made their choice too.

“Kwangsoo-yah come here.” Sukjin called as it’s pretty much decided.

“Why do I have to be with Kim Jongkook!” Kwangsoo ranted as he made his way to the group.

“You may reveal your face now.”

Kwangsoo threw away his mask without hesitant. Knowing it from the start, no one seemed to pay attention to him. Sehun and Jungkook revealed their faces together and they received an overwhelming applause from the members and staffs. Everyone except Kwangsoo’s group looked so excited.

“Now the girls may come in.” The PD suddenly announced, stopping them from whatever they’re doing upon hearing his announcement.

“Girls? Do we have girl groups coming? This is it!” Haha the ladies’ lover began shouting.

“You’re too loud!” Jihyo complained.

Three girls were seen coming out from the building also wearing masks. The guys started screaming and yelling as all the girls looked so appealing even with their face covered. Sehun quickly observed each of the girls, curious. Actually everyone did the same. The PD told them to choose either of the three. Sehun, Kwangsoo, and Jungkook were sent to play rock, paper, and scissor to decide on who’s choosing first. Being so determined, Sehun actually won. Haha and Jaesuk were happily cheering as they could be the first one choosing.

“All of them must be prettier that Jihyo anyway. Just choose either.” Haha jokingly said.

“Oppa!” Jihyo yelled, and they laughed again.

“What say you Sehun? Which one you’d choose?” Jaesuk turned to Sehun.

Sehun observed them one by one, but his eyes had been focusing on the girl with frog’s mask. The shoulder-length hair especially caught him because it seemed so familiar. Sehun finally made his mind, “I choose the froggy.”

“Then froggy it is!”

As they all finished choosing, the girls revealed their mask one by one. The one in Jungkook’s group was revealed first, and it’s Hyeri from Girl’s Day. The one in Kwangsoo’s team received a great response as it’s revealed to be SNSD’s Seohyun. Everyone was now focusing on the girl in Sehun’s team. Sehun who stood next to girl also anxiously watching as she slowly opened her mask. Once the mask was completely taken off, everyone happily clapped, but Sehun’s gasp stood out the most. He gasped loudly, and slightly screamed as the girl next to him was actually Jiyeon.

“It’s T-ara’s Jiyeon everyone!” Haha excitedly exclaimed.

“Jiyeon-ah where were you? It’s been long.” Kim Jongkook great as they used to be partners in an old episode.

“Annyeonghaseyo oppa. Hi everyone. Nice to meet you.” Jiyeon greeted while smiling.

“Everyone is definitely happy seeing Jiyeon. But this guy over here, Sehunnie, actually screamed once he saw Jiyeon’s face. He seemed to seriously in shock. Are you okay?” Jaesuk asked while laughing.

“I don’t know.” Sehun answered, slightly laughing.

“Yah your face is so red. What is this?” Haha teased.

Sehun shyly laughed before he began explaining, “I love T-ara so much and I’m a big fan of Jiyeon sunbae-nim. I admire her so much. It was shocking how she’s standing next to me like this especially when she just came back from Japan after more than a year.”

“Why can’t you look her in the eyes?” Kwangsoo also came forward to tease the fanboy.

“Hi, Sehun.” Jiyeon offered a handshake to Sehun.

Sehun excitedly accepted the handshake before excitedly expressed his feeling, “I miss you sunbae!”

Everyone presents cracked up at Sehun’s bluntness and cute way of fanboying over Jiyeon. No one was happier than Sehun at that moment, for being able to meet Jiyeon for the first time after months, and on top of that was in the same group as her. Everything happened unexpectedly that it’s hard to believe.

“Jiyeon-ah, we don’t mind switching Jihyo for you. Can you come to our group instead? I think Jungkook don’t mind too.” Gary suddenly said.

“Yeah. I’m a fan too, just like Sehun hyung.” Jungkook blatantly supported Gary.

“Whatever guys. Do whatever you like.” Jihyo glared at them.

“Yah Kang Gary, look at Sehun. He looks like he’s going to eat you alive.” Haha said, drawing attention toward Sehun who’s obviously against the idea of trading Jihyo for Jiyeon.

“We chose her first.” He protested.

“We got it Sehun. Please don’t hate me.” Gary jokingly exclaimed.

“Okay. Now everyone can go and change to group’s shirt.” T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter