Nineteen

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nineteen

 

 

Author’s POV

            Jiyeon was lucky that Sehun sent her to the hospital right on time as the doctor managed to clean the poison from her body before the worst could come. Her family members were in the ward as they were informed that Jiyeon was saved and currently in the hospital. She was still unconscious but stable. Sehun could only watch from outside the room, hiding himself from Jiyeon’s family. He was still feeling guilty about what’s happening to Jiyeon. There’s no way he would not blame himself for what had happened to Jiyeon because Luda was his sasaeng fan after all. This wouldn’t happen if he never triggered Luda in the first place. He took a seat on a chair alongside the hospital’s corridor near Jiyeon’s room, mentally disappointed in himself. Suddenly, the door to Jiyeon’s room pulled open from inside where the doctor and Jiyeon’s family were seen coming out. Sehun quickly hid his face by pretending to be asleep.

“Thanks doctor for all you’ve done.”

“Sure Mr. Park, it’s nothing.”

“Please inform us once she’s awake.”

“Okay. You guys should go back home first. I’ll make sure to call.”

“Thanks again doctor.”

They all were talking as they walked passed by Sehun without noticing him there. He sighed in relieved. He then stood up and hesitantly made his way into the room to check on Jiyeon’s condition. However, he gasped in surprise upon seeing Jiyeon was blankly staring at him as soon as he walked in.

“Jiyeon-ah… you’re awake? But just now the doctor, your family—” Sehun stuttered.

“I pretended to be unconscious because I knew they would nag at me.” She smiled weakly as she answered him. Sehun sheepishly rubbed his nape while making his way next to the bed, taking his seat there with Jiyeon’s eyes following his every move, “I heard they said you’re the one taking me here. Thanks.”

“I’m sorry.” Sehun answered Jiyeon’s gratitude with an apology.

“Why are you apologizing? You’re strange,” Jiyeon lightly chuckled, “You’re the one saving me. As always, you’re my hero.”

Sehun couldn’t be happy although he received such compliment from Jiyeon, because he was well aware that he had also always caused troubles to Jiyeon, “I have something to tell you.”

“Sure. Tell me.” Jiyeon nodded.

“This whole time I was chasing after you, I had done nothing good but troubles. Now I realize that I forgot to draw lines between my real positions with what I imagined to be. I started off as your fan, and it should remain that way. But I got greedy and unknowingly gave your hard times. From now on, I promise to always remind myself about my position and I’ll never cause trouble again.” Sehun lifted up his palm as a sign of promise while his lips curled a sad smile.

“Sehun I—”

“Hold on a second, my manager is calling.” Sehun had to cut Jiyeon off to answer the call.

“Yah Oh Sehun! You’ve caused enough trouble! The police officer informed me that you’re in the hospital now. I’ll be picking you up now so wait for me and don’t you dare causing more problems!” The manager yelled from the other line that even Jiyeon could hear him.

“Ouch my ear…” Sehun mumbled, “Yes hyung, I’m sorry.” He apologized, acknowledging his fault.

“Don’t go anywhere else!”

The manager hung up the call right after he yelled his last warning. Sehun awkwardly laughed as he noticed Jiyeon was staring at him with a questioning look, “I need to go now. See you later.”

He rushed towards the door to leave but he stopped at door as he noticed Jiyeon urgently leave the bed although her body was still weak. Sehun hurried towards Jiyeon and grabbed both her shoulders, supporting her as she stood up next to the bed, “Do you need to go somewhere? I can help you before—”

“I’m sorry for everything I had said before, Sehun.” Jiyeon cut him off with a sudden apology.

“What do you mean?” Sehun stared straight into Jiyeon’s teary eyes, didn’t quite grasp the situation yet.

“Everything I said to you, my coldness, me acting indifferent about your feeling, I’m sorry for everything. For doing those things, I wasn’t being real with myself. The more I spent my time with you, I realize I had fallen deeper for you. I feel loved and cared whenever you’re around, but I couldn’t bring myself to admit that. I didn’t know how to express those feelings because honestly I’m really bad at showing emotions. It’s impossible to keep acting to not be interested when I was always looking forward to our WGM filming, when I was always waiting to see you, when being with you could be considered as one of the few reasons I wanna keep living my life.” Jiyeon finally poured everything she’s been keeping inside.

“What-? Wait, you actually—I mean, uhm, I didn’t hear you wrong right?” Sehun stammered, somehow still unable to comprehend Jiyeon’s sudden confession.

“What should I do? I think my face is burning. It’s so embarrassing seriously.” Jiyeon began hiding her face behind her palms, making Sehun anxiously bit his lips, didn’t know what to do, “I think you should go first. Someone is picking you up right?” She suddenly said, ending the conversation.

Sehun could only nod before he turned around to leave while Jiyeon only sent him away with her gaze. However, after taking only a few steps, Sehun suddenly turned back around and awkwardly walked back towards Jiyeon while she only nervously looked at him. He stopped right in front of Jiyeon and took a deep breath, gathering his courage to talk his heart out.

“I… don’t think I should leave before we, you know, sort it out.” Sehun began.

“Yeah… yeah, I think we should sort it out now.” Jiyeon agreed.

“So… about what you said just now. Does that mean all this time, I wasn’t actually experiencing unrequited love like I always thought I was?”

“Yes, yes you wasn’t.”

“So what should we do now?”

“This is kinda awkward but… will you be my boyfriend? Like, a real boyfriend. Not for show, not for solving problems.”

“You actually… propose…” Sehun was staring at Jiyeon in disbelief, but eventually, he urgently nodded his head, “Yes yes I will be your boyfriend. This is like almost dream comes true.”

Jiyeon only chuckled at Sehun’s cute reaction. She then leaned forward and hugged Sehun, making his jaw dropped, couldn’t believe that this time it was Jiyeon who made the first move. After gathering his senses together, Sehun hugged Jiyeon back. It felt so surreal that Jiyeon was in his embrace and that they were officially together after all that happened.

“You should rest now.” He told as they broke the hug.

“And you should go now.” Jiyeon replied.

Sehun then helped her settling back onto the bed before making his way out. At the door, Sehun turned back to look at Jiyeon, and she gestured him to call her later which Sehun only nodded as an answer. Just like that, their lives just take a new turn.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

            Sehun walked into the dorm sighing a few times, feeling tired, disappointed, and also happy at the same time because of various things. He was welcomed by all the hyungs who had been waiting for him to comeback. They were curious of what actually happened to Jiyeon because the media was paid to not release any news about it so the incident remained unknown to the public. Chanyeol was the most anxious out of them all. Sehun threw himself onto the sofa in the living room while the hyungs surrounded him, curious.

“Jiyeon is safe. She’s in the hospital because the sasaeng managed to poison her. But she’s alright now.” Sehun told without being asked.

“That’s a relief. I was so worried.” Suho said while caressing his chest.

“She’s conscious now, right? I should call her later.” Chanyeol then asked.

“Yes she is. And by the way, manager hyung sent me to the agency for urgent meeting just now. Because of my thoughtless actions, including recklessly acting without agency’s consent, disobeying manager’s instructions, putting myself in danger, and some more, I will be leaving WGM and will be quarantined for a month aside from going to official schedules.” He informed.

“Wow good luck then! But no worries, I’ll stay with you if you want me to.” Kai offered, pretending to be clingy.

“No thanks.” Sehun shooed him away.

“Are you sad that you no longer can spend your time with Jiyeon since you’ll be dropping the WGM?” Chen curiously asked.

“Not really. What’s so important about the scripted on-screen love when you can love for real off-screen.” Sehun arrogantly answered as he stood up, getting ready to leave to his room.

“Huh? Are you implying that you and Jiyeon…” Xiumin guessed half way.

“No way.” Chanyeol shook his head in denial.

“Yes way! Good job maknae!” Baekhyun happily clapped his hands, showing his sole support.

 

            Sehun went to take a bath after a long day. Feeling refreshed, he put on comfortable clothes and threw himself onto the bed. He took his phone and checked the time, which already passed midnight. He unknowingly smiled as he recalled the sudden and unexpected confession from Jiyeon. He remembered her signaling him to call so he wondered if he should be calling at this hour, considering Jiyeon should be resting after everything that happened. Therefore, Sehun decided to text her first. To his surprise, Jiyeon actually replied saying she wasn’t able to sleep. After contemplating for a few seconds, he finally dialed the number.

“Hello.” Jiyeon’s voice could be heard on the line.

“Hello. How are you feeling now?” He asked, still quite worried at her condition.

“Better now that you call me.” She answered followed by a small chuckle.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter