Twenty-Two

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Twenty-Two

 

 

Author’s POV

“Sehun-ssi, please cooperate with us so the investigation can run smoothly. Where were you last night? Who were you with?”

“……………”

The police officer let out a long and heavy sigh as he stared at the young guy in front of him. He just looked down at the table without answering the question for almost fifteen minutes now, “I’ll ask you again. Do you know Kim Luda?”

“Yes. She’s a sasaeng.” Sehun answered without lifting up his face.

“Did you assault or her?” The officer asked another question.

“No I did not do any of that.” Sehun calmly answered.

“Did you meet her last night?”

“No.”

“So where were you last night? Who were you with?”

“…………….”

The officer sighed out once again. Every time he asked that particular question, Sehun would suddenly stay silent. His pupils were shaking and he was playing with his fingers, showing the obvious anxiety. The investigation had to be halted because he refused to answer the question. At that moment, his mind was occupied with countless of questions he kept asking himself. How’s Jiyeon? Did she hear the news already? How’s her reaction? And many other questions.

“Sir… can I make a call?” Sehun talked after keeping his mouth shut for a while.

“Sure.” The officer handed a phone and left the room.

 

[BREAKING NEWS] Youngest member of a famous boy group accused of assaulting and a girl last night, on 24th December. Idol S reportedly had known the girl for quite some times and had met her for a few times. At early morning on 25th December, ‘A’ went to the police station to make a report of and Idol S was brought to the police station almost two hours later.

Comments

Idol S is EXO’s Sehun, the morning news had revealed his name and picture. EXO-Ls are going crazy now. Hul, fangirls must be crying now. Prove that some idols have trashy attitude although they only showcased innocent and pure image. EXO is screwed because of Oh Sehun. SM will hit rock bottom too. Other members are the most pitiful now. Bye Sehun, bye EXO.

 

Jiyeon anxiously bit her finger while reading the articles and people’s responses on the news. Out of the blue, her phone rang and an unknown number appeared on the screen. She answered the call and waited for the person to talk.

“Jiyeon-ah, it’s me, Sehun.”

“Ah… it’s you, Sehun.” Jiyeon weakly replied.

“I’m sorry that I left without waking you up. Jiyeon, did you hear the news?” Sehun asked.

“………..” Jiyeon couldn’t answer as she began sobbing upon hearing Sehun’s calm voice.

“You did hear the news…” Sehun said when he heard the sobbing sound, “I’m okay. Please don’t worry.”

“How can I not worry Sehun?!” Jiyeon yelled, “Someone just accused you of doing something bad when you did nothing and how could you sound so calm Sehun?”

“Because I knew I did nothing wrong.”

“Yes you’re right. We both know you’re with me last night. That’s a solid alibi. Tell them Sehun so everyone will know you’re falsely accused. I’ll be waiting for you to come back. So tell them fast.” Jiyeon desperately urged.

“Yes Jiyeon. Please don’t worry too much. I’ll call you later. Goodbye.”

Before Jiyeon could say anything, Sehun had ended the call. She lied down the couch and closed her eyes tight, planning out they way to face the world because she knew their relationship would be exposed sooner or later. Jiyeon unknowingly fell asleep on the couch while thinking about all the possibilities she might face later.

 

*Marimba Ringtone ringing*

Jiyeon was awaked by her phone ringing. She quickly answered without looking at the contact number, thinking it was Sehun calling, “Hello Sehun.”

“I’m sorry to disappoint unnie, but it’s Seulgi.” The person on the line talked.

“Oh, Seulgi. I’m sorry I thought Sehun’s calling.” Jiyeon apologized.

“It’s okay. Where are you unnie? You heard about Sehun right? You knew he’s not that kind of guy right?” Seulgi questioned.

“I’m at his apartment. Yeah I know. He’s with me last night so it’s a slander.” Jiyeon explained to Seulgi.

“Wait what? He’s with you? That’s solid! But why do the media report that Sehun will be detained because he couldn’t provide any alibi and refuse to cooperate?” Seulgi asked, as if she was asking herself too.

“What? When did the media report?” Jiyeon automatically stood up as she remembered really well she told Sehun to tell the investigator about them.

“Just now. Like literally just now.” Seulgi answered, sounding as urgent as Jiyeon herself.

“He was…” Jiyeon paused.

“He was trying to protect you…” Seulgi finished the sentence.

“I can’t just let this happen. I’ll call you later Seulgi.”

“Okay. Bye.”

Jiyeon called Chanyeol and asked for his help to inform their manager about them and arrange an appointment with their agency’s representative as soon as possible. She then left to her apartment downstairs to get ready.

 

---

 

            Jiyeon arrived at the SM Building that late afternoon and met a staff that was waiting for her at the door. She rushed through the entrance after the staff entered the code. Right when she entered, there at the lobby, Seulgi and Chanyeol were already waiting for her. Jiyeon curled a weak smile as she approached the two friends.

“Did you cry?” Chanyeol asked, “See? What did I tell you about not involving yourself with Sehun since the beginning?” He lowkey scolded Jiyeon.

Seulgi nudged Chanyeol for saying something that might hurt Jiyeon even more, “You don’t have to be mean, oppa.” She hissed at Chanyeol.

“Okay I’m sorry.” He apologized after receiving a death glare from Seulgi.

“It’s okay Chanyeol. Where should I go now?” Jiyeon changed the topic.

“Come. I’ll lead the way.” Seulgi offered and they all took the stairs up.

They all stopped when they arrived in front of the door. Jiyeon nodded and Seulgi pushed the door open upon receiving the signal from Jiyeon. She walked in where two men were seen sitting side by side at a small table in the discussion room. There’s an empty chair in front of them, and Jiyeon knew exactly that would be her place. She just nodded at her friends, telling that she’d take it from here. After the two left, Jiyeon took a deep breath and approached the two men.

“Good afternoon. I’m Park Jiyeon.” She slight bowed, greeting the two older men.

“I’m Jung Jaehyung, SM’s official lawyer.” A guy in suit stood up and offered a handshake.

“I’m Lee Yunseok, EXO’s head manager.” Another guy who seemed more casual than the lawyer also did the same, “Please take a seat.”

“Chanyeol told me you can help in Sehun’s case. How?” The head manager began asking.

“Last night… I was with Sehun.” Jiyeon went straight to the point and both of the men in front of her had a change in their expressions, “So it’s not possible for the incident to take place like the woman accused.” She completed her sentence.

“I see. This is really important.” The lawyer nodded.

“Attorney Jung, this can surely help Sehun right? He can be freed from the accusation right?” Jiyeon desperately asked.

“Of course. I can assure you, only if there’s evidence. You can’t simply go to the court and tell them Sehun was with you. Is there anything else that we can use to support your statement?”

“Evidence…” Jiyeon mumbled, thinking.

“What about surveillance cameras?” The head manager asked both Jiyeon and Attorney Jung.

“Yes!” She nodded enthusiastically, “There are CCTVs at the basement parking lot of the building, in the elevators, and also at the emergency stairs. I can tell you the time we arrived and you can check if he ever left the building at night, right? He couldn’t possibly jump off the window or balcony because we’re in the eleventh floor.”

“I guess that will do. If the evidences and his alibi were solid enough, the charges will be dropped immediately. So first of all, I’ll go and get the CCTVs recordings first, and I’ll go to the police station right after. Is there anything more you wish to tell me, Jiyeon-ssi?” The attorney asked as he arranged his papers, getting ready to leave.

“No more.” Jiyeon shook her head.

“Then I’ll get going now. Thank you for coming and willingly help us. See you.” He then stood up followed by Jiyeon and Manager Lee as they greeted him.

Once he left, the head manager turned towards Jiyeon. She was scared that he would scold her because Sehun was obviously dating her behind him, especially when he was once quarantined because of her, “I never thought I’d say this someday, but right now I’m grateful that you guys are together. I believe you came here fully knowing that you’re about to sacrifice yourself because the medias wouldn’t let this go easily, right? I wanna thank you for your braveness to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter