Here on Saturdays

Best Days

 

 

A/N All that I said in my A/N last time, please ignore it... The story now is nothing like any of that. hehe. There's no Yoonyul moment (More of Yoonyulrim) on this chapter but expect Mimo. But I hope you guys still enjoy this chapter. The chapter is long too... So, I hope you guys still enjoy, Thank you for reading! 

 

If Irene was keeping track, she would know that this is the fourteenth straight Saturday that she’s in school rather than lazing around. Saturdays was turning out to be just as brutal as weekdays. It’s to the point that she dreads Saturdays more than Mondays.  At least in class she could space out a bit, but that wasn’t the case on Saturdays. There were games to dance for, players to cheer and above all, dancers that she had to keep in line.

 

At least today she was going to see her favorite player in action. The semis had been the biggest talk this week, and everyone is buzzing with excitement to see the soccer team play. Or to be more specific to ogle on the gorgeous players for almost two hours without looking like a creep.

 

 The energy from the stadium has been palpable that the dance team could feel the stadium quake from the locker room. Irene was ready to march her team into the field when her phone started vibrating in her locker.

 

It was email notifications about tagged posts from her Mommy Yoona, and that was enough to raise suspicions. Her mom is hardly the type to post anything, so it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that something fishy was going on when her account were flooded with Yerim’s selfies.

 

“That little .”

 

Ask anyone that knew Irene and they would tell you how rare it is to hear her curse. But ask anyone again what could make her spew out like a drunk sailor, and they would answer you right away that it would be because of her kid sister.

 

Irene wouldn’t even notice it if Yerim hadn’t taken her sweet time tagging her in all the selfies she posted. Judging from the amount of it, Yerim must have taken her mommy Yoona’s phone hostage just to go on a posting rampage.

 

Breakfast with our beautiful angel @Yerimiscool.  to be you @LimKwonIrene #blessed #Pancakes #Baconsarelegit #Irenegetsleftovers #kekeke

 

Our baby @Yerimiscool deserves the best things in the world. @LimKwonIrene should just work at Mcdonalds after High School.

 

Going to watch our girl @LimKwonIrene dance. She’s alright but @Yerimiscool is a fantastic baby. #Ifyoucantgetitrightthefirsttimedoitagain 

 

IHOP Pancake is so tasty, come and chase meeeee @LimKwonIrene. #GimmedatgimmedatgimmedatgimmedatPancake

 

“Irene? Irene?”

 

“Wait… wha-“

 

She spun around, catching Seulgi watching her curiously.

 

“You alright?”

 

“Yup.” Irene stuff her phone back in her locker, when it buzzes in her hand again. If it’s that little er once again-

 

“Oh,” Her dark stormy thoughts quickly turned into rainbows and unicorns at the sight of Wendy’s message.

 

Wannie

 Hi! I love you!

 

“Irene?”

 

“Oh! Oh Yeah.”

 

She was smiling now, smiling maybe a little too much that it made Seulgi slowly back away. Yerim better thank Wendy. If she hadn’t text, Irene would have probably chokeslam her later. If Wendy hadn't text, she would be plotting some devious schemes to wreck her kid sister’s life. Good thing she’s distracted.

 

Hyunnie

Hello! Love you too!

 

*

 

Meanwhile in a White SUV…

 

“Did you catch me some pokemons, Yerim?” Her mommy Yoona asked, searching for an answer by staring her down through the rearview mirror.

 

“Oh! Oh! Yes mom! Oh I caught you a Raichu!” Yerim says, her lips breaking into a wide grin.

 

“YOU DID?!” Her mom gasped excitedly.

 

“JK! I got you a pidgey.”

 

Little.

 

Her mommy Yoona turns her attention back to the road, just missing it by the split second when Yerim’s lips have curved into a mischievous smirk.

 

*

 

“One of these days, dude. That drink is going to you up.”

 

Momo shrugs before gulping down the last drops of her purple energy drink. “At least I know what I’ll die from.”

 

She lunges the empty can in the trash, before giving herself one look in her locker mirror. The striker was about to walk away when she reached out for her wallet. She leafs through her wallet, and her nonchalant expression quickly escalated to desperation as she frantically searches for it.

 

“You lost your money or what?” Jeongyeon asked when she sees Momo looking through her wallet like a child searching for her lost toy.

 

“Oh nah, nah… it’s nothing. I thought I lost something. But I got it.” Momo forced a smile before gazing around, trying to project a sense of calm, which is proving to be hard with how angsty she’s getting.

 

“Oh okay.”

 

“Yeah, it’s no big deal.” She regains her infamous Momo swagger once again, before slapping Jeongyeon on her arm. “Let’s go get that win.”

 

*

 

There was no better way to describe Wendy than being an open book. Every action from a quirk of a brow and reaction like a huge gasp could quickly show what she’s feeling.

 

And no one knew that better than Irene. She adores her munchkin, but Wendy could be such a nervous wreck that Irene felt she needs to wheel along an oxygen tank around before the girl passes out.

 

That’s why it was surprising to see how unusually calm Wendy is right now. The girl has just been sitting on the sidelines for what felt like ages. There was no fidgeting with her shirt, no mad tapping of her shoes, just right there as if the world is zooming past her and she’s stuck in her own little time capsule. Wendy’s gaze is locked on the ground and Irene wonders what thoughts are fleeting around Wendy’s head that could just still her like this.

 

 After what felt like an eternity, Wendy finally lifts her head up. She attempts to ninja her way, tilting her gaze slowly towards Irene’s direction without looking too obvious. But Wendy is never known for her discretion, and as soon as their gaze met, Wendy jumps back, clinging on to the cooler for dear life.

 

Irene held back a chuckle at the reaction. They have been dating for almost a year, and Wendy still acts like a lovesick klutz. The dance team captain waves at her to where Wendy raised her hand, her lips curving into a sweet smile.

 

“Good luck,” Irene mouthed softly, and Wendy rose up from the bench and jog pass everyone to where Irene was standing.

 

“Thanks,” Wendy answers her with a smile and Irene stares at the smile longer than usual.

 

How can you be with someone yet not look at them closely?

 

Wendy is naturally a happy person. She is someone who brightens people’s day with a hello and a huge smile. Wendy still smiles a lot these days, but it wasn’t until now that Irene noticed how her girlfriend’s cheeks don't bubble up anymore.

 

Nowadays the shape of her smile shows edges instead of curves. Irene finds herself digging back inside her head to when this Wendy transformation begin. How come she didn’t notice it even if she is with her day in and day out?

 

She tries to justify herself, saying the change was more gradual, but all the voice was screaming in her head was how she doesn’t pay that close attention to her girlfriend. It bothered her a bit, but now it became more of a nagging feeling.

 

But maybe starting now, she’ll do a much better job paying attention to the curves or edges in Wendy’s smile.

 

Wendy’s smile wasn’t the only thing that changed. Her hair is now a lighter shade, to which Irene remembers Joy pointing out that Wendy looks more Korean American than ever. It was longer now too; her bangs are to the point that she barely sees Wendy’s chocolate brown eyes. She took the liberty to brush it off her forehead, but she wasn’t prepared to see the heartbroken look in Wendy’s eyes.

 

And when she caught Wendy’s gaze linger longingly at the bleachers, she knew right away what was hurting her girl.

 

All these people are coming to see Wendy play, yet her moms weren't there. As much as Wendy is an open book, Wendy never broadcast her feelings, always reassuring Irene that she’s doing great before throwing out a fake smile. It makes Irene wonder if her parents are even aware of how sensitive Wendy is.

 

 “Hey.”

 

She brushed off Wendy’s bangs again before it fell back on her forehead. Irene pulls out a bobby pin from her hair before pinning Wendy’s bangs to the back.

 

“There! Now your forehead can breathe again.”

 

Wendy tries to tilt her head, her brows furrowed in curiosity as she tries to see Irene’s little makeover.

 

“Can you see the goal better now?”

 

Wendy spun her gaze at the field before giving Irene a thumbs up in approval.

 

“Wow… it really works!”

 

“See?” Irene’s lip quirk in a playful half grin. “I told you.”

 

Wendy smiles once again and this time, it looks less nervous and more sincere.

 

“Unnie! Unnie!”

 

Irene’s chest quickly crackled at the grating voice of that familiar demon. She snapped her head towards the bleachers and quickly growled at the little , snuggled comfortably between her parents.

 

“Not you!” Yerim shouts at her unnie, and even from the bleachers, she could feel her sister’s wrath. “My sister in law!!!! Hi Wendy Unnie!” Yerim jumps out of her seat, waving maniacally.

 

“Stop bothering your unnie.”

 

“GOOD LUCK UNNIE!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!”  Her mommy Yoona pulls her back down on her seat. But that wasn’t enough to make Yerim stop waving.

 

“Oh no, your parents are watching!” Wendy’s eyes flashed open. “What if I don’t score? What if I don’t do good? What if we lose? They’ll think I’m not good enough for-“

 

“Relax. You know that doesn’t matter to them.” Irene cups Wendy’s cheeks, nudging the girl to look at her. “Just play your heart out in there and everything will turn out great.”

 

“Wendy Let’s go!”

 

“I got to go,” Wendy says, her voice hinting of being disheartened of pulling away from her.

 

“Yeah, good luck!”

 

“Thank you, I…I… I don’t even know what am I gonna do if-“

 

Irene silences Wendy’s worries with a gentle peck on the lips. That sweet moment didn’t last longer than they would have wanted when someone from the bleachers screams out…

 

“GIMME DAT! GIMME DAT! GIMME DAT! GIMME DAT! YOUR LIPS!”

 

“Hyunnie?” Wendy tilts her head to the side watching her girlfriend in concern. “Are you okay?”

 

Irene responds with a deep growl that had Wendy slowly backpedaling away.

 

“EEEEEEWWWWW SOOOOOOO PDA IRENE! SO GROSS!!!!!”

 

“Behave yourself,” Her mommy Yuri hissed, pinching Yerim on the side. But not too harshly that Yerim still giggled before burrowing herself in her mom’s arm, which made Yuri affectionately pat her head.

 

“I’ll ahhhh…see you later,” Wendy takes a careful step backward, watching worriedly if Irene suddenly goes berserk.

 

“Yeah,” Irene growls, her full attention was now on the little gremlin smiling triumphantly at her. Smile all you want, you little turd, I’ll get one on you.

 

Just you wait…

 

 Just you freaking wait…

 

Wendy finds her spot next to Momo, her co-captain giving her a hard smack on the back.

 

“You’re ready for that gold, Wen?”

 

She let out a shaky huff before giving Momo a grin.

 

“I think I am, are you?”

 

Momo stole a glance at the copper haired beauty rehearsing with her team on the sidelines. And what meant to be just a glance turned into something more when seconds ticked by and she couldn’t ween herself to look away.

 

At least I get to see the real thing.

 

She snapped back to reality when she sees Wendy staring questioningly at her.

 

“Oh yeah,”

 

 

*

 

The game turned out to be more physical than they had anticipated for.

 

Irene was never a sports fan, but even she couldn’t keep herself calm from watching. It wasn’t one of those games, where the teams just go back and forth that it lulls Irene to sleep. Her girlfriend turns into a different beast when she’s playing; there was no sign of the gentle, fluffball instead she was a fierce commander dominating both sides of the field. There was no question at all why she was chosen as the captain.

 

 But in those split seconds when the referee raises the cards or at the sound of the buzzer, Irene sees the tiny cracks at the unbreakable Jung Seungwan. She could hear Wendy trying to catch a breath even from the sidelines, wiping her sweat away with the back of her arm while trying to take in everything that their coach says. It surprises her where Wendy still find the strength to search for her in the sides before flashing her a sweet smile.

 

Irene smiles back, mouthing an “are you okay?” to which Wendy responds with two thumbs up.

 

The second half only intensified, tempers started to flair when the opposing team was starting to get more physical, roughing up Wendy with a bump and a shove. Typical Wendy doesn’t bite back, instead using this as an ultimatum to play harder. It was Momo who took it upon herself that it has to end. What started out like a light roughhousing here and there, became an all-out scuffle.

 

The entire stadium was on their feet, cheering and howling as Momo pummeled one of the forwards to the ground, landing a harsh blow on her cheek.

 

“Momo…”

 

Mina barely utters a word, but Irene could hear her teammate loud and clear. She saw the worry etched on the redhead’s usual guarded expression.

 

“SIT YOURSELF DOWN!” She heard her aunt Sooyoung yells out at the fiery blonde striker. But Momo is too consumed by her anger to hear anyone. The water cooler took the brunt of her rage as she shoved it to the ground before she storms back to the locker room.

 

“WHAT DID THE WATER COOLER EVER DO TO YOU?!”

 

***

 

It was Seulgi who broke down into tears first. A collective sigh of disappointment echoed in every corner of the stadium as soon as the buzzer hits 00:00.

 

3-4

 

And that was pretty much how this promising season end…

 

“They work so hard…” Seulgi, always the crier said with every sniffle.

 

And Irene couldn’t agree more; these last two weeks have been brutal, and she had no idea how Wendy could still manage to come up smiling, taking her home after hours of torturous practices.

 

Her eyes quickly flitted on Wendy. Her girlfriend still bears that smile while the rest of her team were now crumbling in tears.

 

What should she do now?

 

Wendy is the one who knows all the right things to say, and Irene wonders how Wendy does it. It’s just a jumble of ordinary words, but Wendy has a certain magic where she could put them together and turn them into sweet confessions.

 

She had been waiting for Wendy after the loss, watching as her girlfriend congratulate the opponents with a gracious smile and an earnest bow, even sharing a hearty laugh with the other team’s captain. There was not the slightest hint of resentment, but after hours of practices and exhausting games, there must be a slight disappointment somewhere, right?

 

“Wannie?”

 

“Oh, Hyunnie. Sorry, did you wait too long?”

 

“No,” Irene shakes her head, even now it’s still her that Wendy is worried about. “You umm…” What should she tell her? Tell her she did great? Ask her if she’s okay? “You did great.”

 

“Thanks,” Wendy answers her with a tired grin.

 

It was more out of instinct than anything else when Wendy takes Irene’s duffel bag away, slinging it on her shoulder before Irene had the time to object. It was Wendy who were heartlessly punished in that field for two hours, yet here she is again, just treating her like a princess.

 

She quickly wraps her hand around Wendy’s, hoping to prove even just a few seconds of relief as they walk back to the locker room.

 

“I guess it’s good that my moms didn’t get to come.”

 

“Why?”

 

“At least they didn’t get to see me lose.”

 

She turns to Wendy, whose gaze once again fell on the ground instead of looking ahead. She gave Wendy’s hand a tight squeeze, wondering if that will ever be enough to put together the fragments of her broken heart.

 

“Thanks, Hyun,”

 

“For what?”

 

“For being here. Well, you have to be here to perform but I mean to stay.”

 

She was once again struggling with something to say, Wendy’s three word confession was enough to paralyze her. And for once, Irene was thankful that her kid sister came to intervene.

 

“Wendy unnie!”

 

Wendy and Irene quickly pull their hand away when they saw Irene’s parents walking over, while Yerim probably hyper from all the syrup from her pancakes and skipping over to them.

 

“You are awesome back there!”

 

“You did really good out there, babe.”

 

“Yeah… I forgot you dance too.” Yerim added.

 

“Thanks, mom.” Irene smiled but just glared at Yerim.

 

“You were really good out there, baby. Your mommy Yoona was filming the entire time.”

 

“Mom,” Irene groaned at the embarrassing revelation.

 

“What? Were your biggest fan.”

 

“Thank you for seeing the game. I’m ahhh… sorry we lost.”

 

“Who cares?!”  I want to be like you!” Yeri announces excitedly, her doe eyes twinkling in glee.

 

“That’s going to take a miracle,” Irene interjected.

 

“Hmmm…” Yerim pouts thoughtfully, “You’re right. Maybe you and Wendy unnie should just make another Wendy.”

 

Wendy gasps so loudly, Irene swore the ground shook.

 

“I ummmm- well…. Ahhh- Wha- haha. I-“

 

“You watch what you’re saying, Yerim.” Her mommy Yuri snapped. “I know Irene mentioned about a party tonight, but how about coming over next week for dinner?”

 

Wendy turns to Irene who gives her a nudge.

 

“Yes! Yes sure! Thank you.” She bows down once again, looking like she owes Irene’s parents her life.

 

“Were going to go ahead and buy your aunt Sooyoung some barbecue. If you guys would like to come along.”

 

Irene heard Wendy let out a nervous breath as if blaming herself for everything.

 

“Tell coach; I’m very sorry.”

 

“Hey, don’t think like that.” Her mommy Yoona smiles reassuringly. “I know how Sooyoung is very proud of you. Win or lose she’s thankful for having the chance to coach you.”

 

Wendy softly smiles, and Irene was just as grateful for her moms for making Wendy smile again.

 

“Thank you so much.”

 

“Well, you two enjoy. Irene, be home before midnight, babe.”

 

“Yes, mom.”

 

“12? That’s a lot of hours mom, are you sure you’re going to-“

 

“Let’s go-“ momYuri nudges her youngest along.  “See you later, babe.”

 

“See yoMom.”

 

They wave goodbye, Yerim turning back to them every few steps to wave back.

 

“I wish I had her energy.”

 

“You already do.” Irene smiles playfully at Wendy.

 

***

 

“Momo?”

 

She didn’t even bother to look up; she knew who it was just from how hard her heart is pounding. The way her name rolls out of Mina’s tongue has always been a weakness of hers. And at the same time, it’s also has been the perfect cure for everything, for her stress, her heartache and now for this devastating loss.

 

And of course, who else could find her secret place than Mina herself? Her little nook in the stairwell, this particular place that only her and Mina knew.

 

Momo heard a can placed next to her, she peered to her side and saw her favorite purple drink laid to her side as if it’s a peace offering.

 

“I’m good Mina, I just need to be alone.”

 

She doesn’t. That’s really the last thing she needs to be, to be apart from Mina. Mina can’t just show up like this, and create this chaos inside her heart and mind again. This girl had always been her weakness; she might as well leave now.

 

Unfortunately, Mina wasn’t making it any easier as she just took a few steps down and sat on the landing.

 

“How long are you going to stay here?” Momo snapped, hoping her bluntness would force Mina to leave.

 

“As long as you’re here.”

 

Momo finally lifted her head up, relieved that Mina has her back against her or else she doesn’t know how to explain the deep flush on her cheeks.

 

“Was it bad?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“The game? Was it bad?”

 

Mina turns to face her, and Momo finds herself dumbstruck at the sight. She let out a scoff more of out of embarrassment than anything else. How could she be enthralled with just something as stupid as the way her hair swish?

 

“No, it was very good. It was exciting until the very end. 3-4.”

 

Momo wished there was some warning somehow because it was kind of embarrassing to just burst out crying like this. The feeling of regret is always a surefire way to struck every cord. She should have been there, who knows what could have happened. She could have made two goals; she could have provided better defense.

 

They might have won if she had just it up.

 

Momo didn’t know what came up to her to be this bold, when she even will herself not to spare a glance at Mina anymore. But here she is, scooting closer over to Mina before pressing her forehead against Mina’s back. She felt Mina’s entire body tensed up, but soon she felt Mina slowly melting in ease. Just like everything else, nothing change Mina still wear the same perfume, her hair still smells like apples, her warmth could still comfort her more than anything else in the world.

 

“We could have won if I wasn’t-“

 

“It’s okay Momo, just say it. I’m here; I’ll listen.”

 

Momo heard Mina whisper. The heartbreak was evident in every syllable, and Momo wondered if Mina is hurting just as much as she was hurting too.

 

“We could have won, Mina. We could have. But I ed up…and I…I.”

 

“It’s okay, I’ll be here.”

 

“Why are you here, Mina?”

 

Momo could feel Mina’s back tremble as she draws out shaky breaths. As if every word that she’s about to say needed a lungful of air.

 

“Shouldn’t you be at the party right now?”

 

“I asked myself that question too, but the only answer I could come up with is it’s because of you.”

Mina took Momo’s arms from behind her and slowly use it to lock herself in her embrace.

 

“What about Nayeon? Aren’t you supposed to be with her?” Momo said more in an accusation, but here she is still clinging to Mina.

 

“She’s a good friend and that’s all there is to it. People just adds stories to what they see.” Mina answered, her fingers wrapping around Momo’s.

 

“B-but…”

 

“You never asked me, and I always wonder if you felt that way too.” The dancer wrapped her hands tightly around Momo’s. “Then, I see you with a new girl and I couldn’t help but feel that you probably don’t care.”

 

If Mina only knew the reason for those new girls, how none of them could compare to her.

 

“You should have been with her.”

 

“I’d only want to be with you. You didn’t even give me a chance; you didn’t even give us a chance.”

 

“If I ask for a chance, would you- would you give me one?”

 

The sun has already given way to the moon, and only the gleam of the moonlight and the million twinkling lights were shining on them now, but Momo could swear she could still trace the curve in Mina’s smile.

 

“I’ll give you a million and one chances.”

 

Momo tilts Mina’s head to the side, leaning over to give her forehead a soft peck on the forehead.

 

 “Someone told me you drop this.”

 

Momo’s jaw slacked in surprise as Mina holds out the picture she had of her. She carefully took the picture, gently caressing Mina’s image. This has been her lifeline for far too long, but now that she has Mina beside her, she couldn’t even compare.

 

“I ummm…well… I…” Momo finds herself struggling for words. Lies and explanations that she couldn’t even concoct in her head.

 

“You don’t need it anymore.” Mina nudges Momo in the forehead smiling at her. “I’m here now.”

 

Mina gently (when was she never gentle) trails her finger on Momo’s jaw before leaning closer to capture their lips.

 

After two years of friendship, after an entire year of ignoring each other’s existence, after three years of being secretly in love with each other, here they are now, sealing every emotion in their first kiss.

 

They’re here now.

 

*

 

If Irene was keeping count this was the eleventh person in the party who approached Wendy and apologized. As if that’s the right thing to say, but she couldn’t really blame anyone for it. When all is lost for words the best thing to say has always been I’m sorry. And what do you say to the captain who poured out her heart and soul in one game, only to have it crushed in million pieces?

 

I’m sorry for your loss.

 

She wonders if that’s what Wendy needed to hear, someone telling her sorry for the loss. But of course, Wendy is typical Wendy, bowing and smiling thankfully.

 

The apologies simmered down after an hour, now she and Wendy are chilling on the balcony with Joy and Seulgi.

 

“I’m getting drunk,” Seulgi said her cute head wobbling around and Wendy has to reach out to steady her best friend's red cup before it poured all over her.

 

“You’re drinking grape juice, you idi-“ Joy was about to go off on the poor bear, but when she sees Seulgi’s eyes blinking innocently, she calmed herself. “You teddy bear.”

 

“I got to go grab something in my car,” Wendy says, as she gets out of the love couch she shares with Irene.

 

“You want me to go with you?”

 

“No, Hyun, just stay here, I’ll be back soon.”

 

*

 

Soon turned out to be around ten minutes…

 

IF Joy hadn’t joked that Wendy might have passed out in exhaustion on the way to her car, Irene wouldn’t have gotten up to follow her.

 

What she caught was something that no words could ever heal.

 

There was Wendy, her Wendy, the team captain Wendy, the one who kept everything together with an it’s okay and a smile while the rest of her team was crumbling down. She waited, her Wendy waited when her team was starting to smile again, when people are starting to move on to the next game on the weekend for her to finally break down.

 

She was slumped in her driver’s seat, face buried in her hands, back heaving as she cried. Irene was paralyzed in her spot, her helplessness weakens her as she watches her girlfriend poured out all her frustrations, disappointment, and exhaustion in her tears.

 

“W-wannie?”

 

Wendy gulp midway through her cries as she looks at Irene, who’s wiping away her tears. And here was her girlfriend once again, despite being in the midst of heartbreak still stepped out of the car, took Irene’s hand away so she could wipe away her tears with a gentle caress of her thumb.

 

“Hyun- are you okay?”

 

Irene didn’t answer but instead pulled Wendy in her embrace. And just like that, Wendy broke down once again, sobbing heavily in her chest.

 

Irene rubs soothing circles in Wendy’s heaving back, holding on to Wendy tighter and tighter, right there under the moonlight and the stars.

 

“Hyun… Thank you.” Wendy said in between her tears.

 

“What?” Irene tilts Wendy’s chin so she could stare at the girl in her eyes. Those damn bangs covering her girlfriend's gaze once again. She brush them away to reveal Wendy all puffy eyed, her face red from all the crying. “What are you thanking me for? I didn’t… I didn’t do anything.”

 

“You’re here, and that’s everything I ever needed.” Wendy stood on her tiptoed to place a sweet, gentle kiss on Irene’s forehead. “Before we started dating all I could ever think was, how lucky the person would be to get the chance to be next to you.” Wendy cups Irene’s cheeks on her hand before leaning their forehead against each other. The tear streaked cheeks is still there, but now a smile was gracing her lips.

 

 “You don’t know how lucky I feel each day just to be next to you, and the fact that you want to be next to me too. I… I couldn’t ask for anything else.”

 

“Wan,” She capture Wendy’s lip in a soft kiss as she finds words failing her once again. Maybe this is a quality she got from her mommy Yoona. Her mom was never about flowery confessions but had always been expressive of her love with stolen kisses and loving gazes. Maybe she will never be good with words like Wendy, but as long as Wendy feels her love with every kiss and every touch then that’s more than enough.

And right now, as words refused to slip from her lips again, Irene wished that with this kiss, Wendy would know that she’s here now, here for as long as Wendy needed her, here until Wendy cease existence.

 

She’s here now, and she’ll be here forever.

 

TBC

 

Thank you for reading.  Hope you guys enjoy! Thank you to a pal for the oxygen tank idea.